Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39007 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #550 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:15am

I just got done transferring posts into what is now Chapter 3. I can say without fear of contradiction that Chapter 3 will become 3 and 4 and what I now have labeled as Chapter 4 will be Chapter 5. And Chapter 3 is going to be long since the natural "chapter break" in the narrative occurs at around page 43.... Smiley  The "Chapter 3" part is almost done. I still have a few gaps to fill in but nothing terribly major.  So far, Chapter 4 is shorter but I've already met the minimum page count without any new writing and new writing is going to be needed!
And on that note, I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #551 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:01pm

Morning! We've been to town and back already and since Skywise has the late shift tonight, I'm already at work.  I'm going over what is Chapter 5 right now but will likely be 6 or 7 -- maybe 8 -- by the time I get to it!
The SunLord has just ran out the back door. How dare Moonie go outside without him! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #552 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:55pm

Whoops! Change in plans! He's got the early shift!
It's a good thing we got the "naughty stuff" out of the way early! *giggle!* But I can tell this is gonna be one of "those" weeks!
I've split "Chapter 3" into 3 and 4. At the moment, 3 is a lot longer than 4 but a lot of four needs to be "renovated" so the final page count will be longer.
Okay, writer person! Back to Work! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #553 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 7:52pm

SmileyI've been going through what I added to Chapter 3 last night. The page count is currently at 40 and I've realized that it could go to 80 or a hundred easily. All I'd have to do is revise and expand the posts that I've transferred into it. Smiley I'm NOT big on chapters that long so I'd have to split it again and move everything down again.
I need to think about this. I'm going to revise and expand 'cause what I put in last night is too neat to take out -- the Knights' monster hunt -- but I'm still going to have to think about it for a bit. Besides, the benefits of the sandwich I just ate needs to get to my brain!
While I'm thinking, I'll transfer some more posts into chapters so I can have a better idea of how things are shaping up. Smiley I think I'm going to close the place up and turn on the A/C back on. It is getting uncomfortably warm in here....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #554 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 12:18am

I got stern with myself and went for a 35 minute walk even if it is getting hot and sticky out there! Since I'm making some headway against a physical "nuisance" problem, walking is becoming easier. At least, two of the things I've tried in the last month seem to be working.
While I walked, I talked to Hecate and asked for a sign. I wasn't expecting one so fast but as soon as I came in, got the computer on and started getting caught up, a poem caught my eye. I'm familiar with the poem, it's posted here -- in Quotes, I believe -- but seeing it at that particular time and how neatly it dovetails with my concerns is what makes me sure that it was the sign I was asking for.  So yeah, the little writer person is happy and purring at the moment.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #555 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 2:41am

Ah.. the adventures of working in the kitchen when a small, adorable babycatperson insists on standing on your feet and climbing into the dishwasher whenever it is open and your back is turned. Dinner is cooking now so all should be cool until it is time to open the oven and get dinner out. I'm thinking Moonie is gonna have "cat restraint duty" when the time comes! Smiley
The writing is proceeding nicely. Chapter 3 is up to 42 pages between deletions and additions and I'm a bit past the halfway point to judge by the bar on the side of the word doc. This is gonna take a while. I should have my second wind in about 30 minutes. Dinner will be ready to serve in about 10.

Post #11,234 *giggle*
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 2:44am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #556 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 4:51am

Skywise is home and I'm going to see if I can tempt him away from his video game. Of course, I've yet to meet a man who would pick a game over "rampant naughtiness" so I think my chances of getting lucky are pretty good! Smiley Smiley *giggle* Yes, I know. I'm evil.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
See ya tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:09am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #557 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 6:03pm

Afternoon! It's been a busy day so far. Nothing of particular interest, just busy although I did spend a good bit of time this morning being "cat furniture" and keeping the little SunLord from giving the comp a nervous breakdown by walking, standing or lying on the keyboard! He is currently wrestling with the Lord of Samhain so I'm hoping to get a little work done. Maybe he will nap soon...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #558 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 3:18am

It's been a productive day, the SunLord's efforts notwithstanding! He's adorable and a handful!
I'm slowly getting posts that are basically the condensed version of the action rewritten into the "full strength" version. It takes a while to do. I took a couple of detours and rewrote a funny bit from its abbreviated version to the full length one and wrote a bit more on a bit of naughty business. Yeah, more naughty stuff. So sue me! *giggle* I'm within five pages of the minimum I need to split this chapter in two again. That means that the latter half of Chapter 3 will become 4, 4 will be 5 and on down the line. At the moment, the page count looks to be about 100 pages more than I originally had thought it would be. I'd forgotten just how much stuff was in there even after I cut so much out. And if this one is long, Book Two is gonna be a tome and a half! Smiley *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #559 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 4:22am

Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. I'm at as good a stopping place as I'm going to find in this chapter and I'm getting too sleepy to think straight. There hasn't been any change in the schedule so Skywise has the late shift tomorrow and hopefully, Friday as well. *Yawn* Okay that does it, Smiley!

Nite!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #560 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 6:24pm

Afternoon! We ran off to Floral Gulch this morning, did some shopping and had lunch. I won’t have to worry about getting my walking in today. I got plenty of exercise walking around the mall! We hit Barnes and Nobel before coming home. I found a lot of books that I wanted but I only got the reference book I needed. I was a good girl - except when I passed Abercrombie & Fitch -- which I managed about four times. They have a really large photo of a positively yummy male torso just inside the store where you can see it when you walk by the open door.Smiley I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's a damned shame you can't buy the models along with the clothes. Or at the least, rent them! Smiley
On the way home I thought of a paragraph that needed to go into Chapter Three and it has been added before I forgot it. Smiley
The CDs I ordered were in the mailbox when we got home so I can start assembling my playlist for the MASSIVE download into my tiny iPod.
On the whole, the day is going good so far!
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2008 at 5:42am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #561 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 10:54pm

The writing is going well. I've picked a preliminary spot to divide the chapter -- again! -- and I'm not even done going through and reworking the posts! Smiley I'm going to take a minibreak and then get back at it. I think I need a snackie...*goes in search of sustenance.*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #562 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 2:36am

I'm still plugging away on Chapter 3. I'm trying not to jump around too much but when I get an idea on how to tweak a spot or some 'bit' comes to mind, I put it where it goes. I'm going to have to get dinner started soon. We've been on early shift so far this week and every time I look at the clock it's been "OMG! I'm late!" but tonight dinner prep starts at 11 or thereabouts. Moonie has already checked the shredded mozzarella supply and pronounced it "enough" so we don't need to do that.
I'm hoping to have this chunk of writing done by next week. It is definitely going to be two chapters so once it is done, I'll be ready to work on Chapter 5 which already has had some work done on it. *fingers crossed* I could be halfway through the manuscript by the end of the month.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #563 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 4:59am

I've just spend about forty minutes tracking down a bunch of posts that didn't make it into the reposts because I needed to move them for the story and once I had them, deciding where would be the best place for that particular incident and then cut and pasting them into the right word doc! Smiley
Thank the Gods have most of Book One's reposts more or less sorted by chapter and pasted into separate word documents. It makes things a lot easier.
The pizza dough is rising and I'm going to be frying sausage for the pizzas in about 10 minutes or so. I don't know if I'll write anymore tonight or not. My 'muse' is tuckered out! Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2008 at 5:03am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #564 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 7:16am

Skywise is home. I did a little more work, more tweaking than full out writing, and I'm going to call it a night. *Yawn* Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #565 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 4:46pm

Afternoon! It's hot today and fairly humid. I'll be staying inside since that combination wilts me like boiling vinegar on lettuce. Not pretty let me tell you. I've eaten [see, I DO remember to eat! Sometimes!] and I'm going to dive back into the book. Smiley See ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #566 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 9:03pm

Skywise is on his way -- late shift -- and I'm going to take a tiny break before I settle in for a few hours of work. Things are going well writing wise. It isn't going as fast as I'd like but until the technology is developed to take the story and transfer it directly from the brain to the computer, things like this will take time. Smiley

Post # 18,000 for the site! YaY!
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2008 at 1:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #567 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 2:14am

The writing is moving along. I finished dyeing my hair about 40 minutes ago and it's still dripping a bit so I'm having to be careful not to drip on the keyboard but I am making progress. Gonna have to stop in a bit and see how close the chicken is to being thawed -- oven fried chicken for dinner tonight.
Chapter 3 has officially grown into two chapters and will be split -- again -- in two.  The first chapter I split off from 3 will become 5 so when this section is done, I'll have 3 and 4 done with some work already done on 5. I had to move the "chapter break" down again and may have to move it yet again depending on how much chapter I end up with! I'm still hoping to get this all to fit into 13 chapters....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #568 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 6:08am

*Yawn!* Suddenly Sleepy Site Goddess here. The "creative writer" part of my brain has sat down and resolutely refuses to function so I'm going to head out and get ready for bed. Skywise won't be home for a while yet but he won't mind me hitting the sack before he gets home. The Gods know I had to do it often enough when the girls were in school.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #569 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 5:34pm

Let's see. Skywise is cutting the grass. The SunLord is sleeping on the chair next to me, the girls are doing their respective "things" and I'm tippy-tapping away on the book. Smiley I'm going to be doing some laundry and dishes too while I'm tippy-tapping. I'm still working on Chapter 3 but I did sneak off and work a bit on Chapter 8.  That whole section, which could end up being 3 chapters since it's already over 70 pages long, is one long 'getting kidnapped/getting rescued/getting home' rollercoaster. That's going to be fun to expand. Smiley  Then comes the part where the "lesser Boss" [for those of you who into video games] gets his. Of course, our heroes don't know that he's only a lesser Boss. They think their troubles are over. HA! Oh well, ignorance is bliss so let them be blissful for a while before it hits the fan again.
Smiley Need tea and then back to work. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #570 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 7:21pm

The Lord of Samhain is a bit unhappy. He wants to be outside but he doesn't like the lawn mower so he has to stay in. He wants Skywise to put that big noisy thing away and go for a walk in the woods with him! 
The Sunlord has settled himself on my right arm, making it very hard to get any writting done!
Gotta love the kitties!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #571 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:22am

I'm making progress in spite of little SunLord's antics. I didn't have a chance to call the vet this morning so I'll be doing that first thing on Monday. Maybe they can run him in that morning and get it over with. NOT looking forward to getting the other cats treated! I'm beginning to think we should just have the vet treat them for worms when we take them in for their yearly shots and save us all the trauma of an extra trip into town with four cat carriers!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #572 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 4:10am

I got a lot done today, little Mister Adorable's help notwithstanding! *giggle!* I'm starting to yawn so I'm going to quit for the night. I've finally gotten up to the monster hunt and that's a good place to stop. Besides, my eyes are burning and that is usually a sure sign that I've been staring at a word doc for too long! Damned bad eyesight! I shouldn't read so I'm going to go curl up with some music before bed. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #573 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 3:57pm

Morning! My eyes have started watering and burning again this morning. Skywise cut the grass yesterday. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Smiley
Anyway, I'll do what I can and check in here periodically. Everyone have a good day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #574 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:50pm

Oh boy! Not long after I made the above post we decided to go to the used book store since Spirit wanted to go yesterday and we didn't have time. So we went and I got a reference book and a new astrology book, we grabbed some lunch and came home. I was writing away when the weather suddenly got nasty. Long story short, I "saved" and shut the computer down just before the wind hit and the lights went out. They didn't stay out long -- obviously -- but there is a lot of stuff, mostly small, down in the yard. There wasn't any rain with the wind even though the radar looked like it should be pouring. It's gone past and I hope that is it for the evening, although I am still hearing thunder.  I'll have to check the radar again. *sigh* Have I mentioned that I want an underground house? Thought so....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
Send TopicPrint