Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39047 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #600 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 9:34pm

Afternoon! We've spent the morning/afternoon visiting friends.  I occupied my little brain on the way up and back working on a "Castle problem." I about have it figured out. I'm going to need my copy of the HERO System Rulebook though for the "final figuring."  MUCH crunching of numbers will ensue before this problem is solved.
Skywise has tomorrow off -- he covered for someone on Saturday so he gets tomorrow off instead of overtime. It's a budget thing. -- and I don't know what we'll be doing after he and Spirit get done at the dentist's office. If it's anything interesting, I'll post about it! Smiley 
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2008 at 10:00pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #601 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 12:58am

I'm tippy-tapping away on the novel. Smiley Somehow we've managed to eat all three meals "out" today! Which means that I don't have to cook tonight and I might actually get caught up with the dishes! Yeah, I'm bad about housework when I'm writing! hehehehe! Fortunately, Skywise knows how I get so as long as there is food to eat and clean dishes to put it on, clean clothes and the Health Department has no issues with us, it's okay. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #602 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 2:02am

*happy sigh*  It is going well. I still have those numbers to crunch but the part that doesn't need those numbers is flowing nicely from the brain to the keyboard. I'm running a bit behind with this chapter but not too much so. Things are going to be a bit hectic the first part of the week but after that, things should settle down and when this chapter is done, I'll split it and have 2 chapters. And part of Chapter 5 is already written, so that is good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #603 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 5:11am

Tired writer person. Heading off to bed.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #604 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 5:31pm

We're back. Spirit wanted to eat in Floral Gulch after her dentist appointment so we headed there after she was done. I picked up a yoga mat bag while we were there. It looks cool and is more detailed than I could make. It was also on sale! I haven't needed one since I do my yoga in the living room but I caught a certain small, warm, cuddly little hairball of mischief chewing on the corner of my mat! I do NOT need kitty teethprints on my mat and I really don't think that whatever it is made of is good for kitties to swallow either! So I now have a really cool looking black yoga mat bag. I'll add further embellishment and personalization when my creativity takes hold...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #605 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 2:29pm

Yesterday was not a good day for downloading.
We spent all afternoon downloading something Skywise wanted only to find that it wasn't compatible with our browser. Grr...
Then, when we had time we started the next download. THAT one ran from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. and then the connection quit and we lost the 62% of the total download that we had received up to that point. Smiley

I will attempt to do that second download in a few minutes. Hopefully, it will load before the phone lines decide to get temperamental.
Have I mentioned how I hate dial-up....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #606 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 4:25pm

We're back from a quick run into town. I'm going to start the download now. See ya in a few hours.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #607 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:13pm

SmileyThe download is DONE. *more Smiley* It took 4 hours and 40 minutes. This is why we don't download unless it is absolutely necessary. I am now going to get caught up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #608 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:19am

Ahhhhhhh... Smiley I'm writing. Feel better.
I get grumpy when there is writing to do and I'm not doing it.  The "Chapter 3" part looks about finished. It is coming out at about 30 pages. Chapter 4 will be somewhat longer but not excessively so. Where I have the chapter break between 4 and 5 is perfect so I'm going to have to live with 4 being between 30 and 40 pages! Smiley Yes, happy little writer person.
I probably should start thinking about some dinner. Storms -- leftover Hurricane Dolly -- are in tonight's forecast and I should get food preparation out of the way. I can think about what to do next while I'm cooking. Smiley
No, the book is never far from my mind!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #609 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 4:01am

Chapter 3 is done. Or at least done enough for the moment. I've split it off from Chapter 4 which now resides in a separate word doc.I'll give it one more read through tomorrow and fire it off to Black Rose. It came out at 31 pages and Chapter 4 looks like it will be about 35 pages if I don't go completely berserk with the sections that still need expanding. I may still get them both done by Friday if I don't have to download anything else. Yeah, I know. Word processing shouldn't interfere with a download but as temperamental as things have been, I won't be taking any chances!
On the plus side, I nearly finished the book on sexual ethics [for people managing multiple sexual relationships] while waiting on the download today. Smiley I know several people who would be happier if they gave up on monogamy altogether but I'm not going to mention that. Unless, of course, they bring the subject up. It really is a personal revelation that you have to come to on your own but when I get a few bucks ahead, I may buy an extra copy or three of this book to have on hand. Sometimes reading the right book at the right time is exactly what's needed for a breakthrough.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #610 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 6:05pm

Annoying morning. The internet kept disconnecting and I didn't have the patience to deal with it. It's been on for over an hour now without disconnecting so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it stays on long enough for everyone to get their internet fix! Smiley
The dentist's office called bright and early. They had a cancellation so Skywise moved his appointment to 8:30 tomorrow. Since the Post Office changed his schedule [it was supposed to be the late shift tomorrow] he was going to have to reschedule his appointment which was at 1:00 p.m. anyway. I'll probably set the alarm for 7 in the morning, since the girls and I will go along and get our "stuff" done in town once he's done with his appointment and I need a little time to become human and the girls can be a bit difficult to get out of bed too.  We are all night creatures and perfectly happy to sleep through dawn especially when it arrives at the unGodly hour of 5 a.m.! 
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2008 at 6:12pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #611 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:05pm

I've been going over Chapter 4. It looks like there are only 2 places left that need 'expanding" and then it will be ready to pass on to Black Rose. One is pretty simple, the beginning of a feast, and the other is the not so simple bar fight. I guess I'm going to have to choreograph it in my head, break it down move by move and then write it. It's a complicated brawl -- three on one -- that escalates from bare fists to guns and swords. [Hint: the guy with the sword wins!] That might take a while. Too bad that I don't have four stuntmen experienced in MMA and weapons work to help me work it out in the living room. Smiley That would probably be hard on the furniture though. And scare the cats.... Guess I'll do it the boring way.
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2008 at 4:20am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #612 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 10:57pm

Smiley The run up to the bar fight is NOT cooperating with me. I'm not entirely pleased with the "beginning of the feast" bit either. Methinks a break is in order. There are, after all, dirty dishes in the sink...
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2008 at 10:59pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #613 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 3:59am

The text is finally starting to cooperate with me and, of course, I have to quit writing 'cause we have that above mentioned early appointment in the morning and sleep is necessary to the proper functioning of this little Site Goddess/Writer Person. So.. I'm heading out. I've got some paperwork to do before we stop at the bank tomorrow.  With luck, maybe I'll be able to work on the brawl while the dentist is working on Skywise.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #614 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 11:53am

I'm up. I'm barely coherent. I hate mornings.

Monday is going to be worse. The SunLord will have to be a the vet's at 7:30 a.m. for his "snipsnip" surgery. Smiley Why can't dentists and vets be nocturnal? *Yawn* Later, guys...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #615 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 2:54pm

*Grump!*
We're back. Skywise's tooth is too cracked to save and since our dentist doesn't do extractions, Skywise has an appointment with an oral surgeon to have the tooth pulled. Smiley The only good news is that he was able to get an appointment for this coming Monday afternoon so he won't have to go much longer with the cracked tooth. It's also handy 'cause that's the same day that the SunLord has his 'snipsnip' surgery and we will be able to pick him up after Skywise has his tooth pulled. I told Skywise to just take the day off work and, for once, he didn't give me an argument about it. So Monday the girls and I will be nursing Skywise and SunLord during their recoveries! Which suits me just fine. When my men are feeling poorly -- be they feline or human -- I like them where I can take care of them!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #616 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 5:52pm

Skywise is on his way to work. His tooth is only mildly uncomfortable and we're all hoping that it stays that way until he sees the oral surgeon on Monday.

On the writing front, in the bar fight:
1st Bad Guy: Dead and in chunks.
2nd Bad Guy: Alive and missing part of an arm.
3rd Bad Guy: Running for his miserable little life!

Now all I have to do is write up how they got to that point. *sigh* And the text will be clearer if the instigator of the fight has a name. Coming up with names for characters that are basically "throwaways" is a pain in the posterior! *reaches for The Character Naming Sourcebook*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #617 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 6:58pm

aaahhhh.......
Nothing like the soundtrack album from "Conan the Barbarian" to put you in the mood for major league butt-kicking, name-taking and general bloody mayhem!

And Arnold was so damned HOT in that movie it was and is NOT to be believed! (What?! Me likey man muscles! *giggle* PASSIONATELY!) Okay girl! Get OFF this train of thought! Skywise isn't home and you have writing work of an "non-naughty" nature to do! BACK TO THE BLOODSHED!!
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2008 at 4:20am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #618 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:08pm

Bar fight underway. "Ground game" in progress, likely to involve various pieces of furniture and broken bottles before its done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #619 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:59pm

DONE!!!!!!

Smiley

For occasions like this I really need a much bigger font size. I've finished the bar fight. I think that it is good enough. I'll give the chapter another read through before I pronounce it "done" but I can't think of anything else that needs to go in this chapter. And it has come in at about 38 pages. *again Smiley
Barring something unforeseen, I'll send BR Chapters 3 & 4 no later than tomorrow afternoon and start on Chapter 5 directly after. I'm almost to the halfway point.  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #620 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 4:12am

Chapter 3 is proofed, tweaked and away. I forgot to run it through the spell check one last time. Hopefully, none of my tweaks are misspelled! We have to go into town again tomorrow. *sigh* I'll get Chapter 4 proofed, tweaked and sent after Skywise leaves for work. Then I think I'll make a Journey post. It feels like I need to but I have no idea what I'll be saying.  The cards have been very good lately and everything seems to be going according to plan. I just have to be patient and wait for my time to come around. I guess I'll find out what I'm going to say when it comes time to say it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #621 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 5:30am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
The Lord of Samhain is asleep in my lap. 
The SunLord is asleep on the chair next to me. 
The War Queen is dozing on the bed while she waits for me. 
The Hearth Queen is sleeping on Moonie's bed.
Thank you, Bast. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #622 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 2:33pm

Smiley  Morning! We're currently waiting for the letter carrier to arrive with the girls' checks. Direct Deposit is looking better and better. *sigh* Especially on days like today when Skywise has the early shift.

The Post Office changed his off days for next week again.  He'll be off Sunday and Monday which is good 'cause now he won't have to use any personal days or sick leave for his dental appointment.

I'm going to go make tea while I'm waiting. Be back later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #623 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 4:26pm

We're back. Errands are all done -- finally! Thank the Gods! -- and I'm going to spend the afternoon going over Chapter 4 and maybe starting on Chapter 5. Five is full of posts that I cut and pasted from the repost threads so the first thing I need to do is take out the post numbers! Then I get to figure out how to use what's left! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #624 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 8:56pm

Well, Chapter 4 is sitting in Black Rose's email inbox and Chapter 5 is sitting on my desktop next to the browser window. A quick "going over" makes me think that this one is going to be over 30 pages too. At this rate, Book One will 400 pages more or less, probably more.That's bigger than I'd planned but if that is what it takes to get the story told I guess I'll live with it!
I've also got a load on clean laundry on the bed, one in the dryer and one in the washer so I'm doing good on that front!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
Send TopicPrint