Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39061 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #625 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 2:45am

Smiley I have to figure out how Living Vampire Virus/LV2 is transmitted. I have the effects -- positive and negative -- pretty much worked out but the person who came up with the idea was incredibly vague about how one caught it. Vague allusions to a night -- or several nights -- of debauchery were all I got in the way of epidemiological information. SO! I gotta figure how why, given the character's proclivities, half the population of the Castle isn't infected! Safe vampire sex... I may never have to explain it but if I'm ever asked, I'd better have an explanation ready.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #626 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 5:37am

Skywise is finally home and I'm going to take my tired little self to bed. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #627 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 4:27pm

Afternoon! We're back from errands. Skywise is working today so I'll be here working on Chapter 5, contemplating safe vampire sex and doing dishes (which seem to breed when my back is turned) and laundry. (ditto!!) 
I'm going to have to haul my copy of Hero Games 5th Edition upstairs and start on that number crunching I mentioned earlier in the week. I know what I want to do, I just have to find the best way to do it. Fortunately, having worked with the system since its early days, I have a pretty good idea of where to start.
*sigh* This isn't getting any writing, laundry or dishes done. Off to work I go. I'll check in periodically. 

Post #11,333 *giggle*
« Last Edit: Aug 2nd, 2008 at 4:44pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #628 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 12:07am

I've barely gotten started on Chapter 5 and I'm already up to 27 pages! Smiley Given the amount of ground covered in this chapter, it could be another 2 in 1. The writing is going pretty well. Things are going to be busy this coming week but I'm hoping to have this one [or two] done by next weekend.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2008 at 3:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #629 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 3:51am

I've gotten through about a third of this chapter and I'm at a good stopping place so I'm going to put it away for the night. Things are going well. I'm getting some character development going and the effect that Penthesilea's curse has on her  is beginning to become obvious. The hero has arrived at the Castle but he won't be meeting the Lady for a bit yet. He's going to play "hide and seek" with her for a while. There's some good action in this chapter too and I'll be making it obvious that someone is trying to remove the Lady permanently. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #630 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 4:13am

Skywise is going to be home soon so I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #631 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 6:29pm

Afternoon! We went to see "The Mummy 3" this morning. Good movie! A real roller-coaster ride and I'm hoping that the "teaser" over the last scene -- of Evie's brother Jonathan leaving Shanghai for Peru -- results in another movie. There was a sneak peek at Scorpion King 2 as well. No Dwayne Johnson in this one. It is a pre-quel to Scorpion King and it looks like it might be worth a couple of hours time. Even better, I got an idea for a cool "bit" for the novel and I only have to change one thing to make it work. Happy day! I'm off to process words!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #632 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 7:48pm

The "bit" has been written and inserted in the proper place. The alteration necessary to make it fit has been made. A bit more tweaking may be necessary but I'll do that when I'm re-writing/expanding that part.
I've also washed some dishes, got the chicken out to thaw for dinner and I'm about to throw some clothes in the washer. So far, so good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #633 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 2:03am

Hot damn! The writing is going well tonight and I got a nice bit of character development written. I'm still about a third of the way through. Smiley That doesn't sound logical but every page I add increases the total number of pages so that, for the moment, it looks like I'm running (writing?) in place. I will eventually get to the end of it! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #634 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 4:06am

I'm heading out. We have an early day tomorrow. SunLord has a 7:30 a.m. vet appointment.Smiley Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #635 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 5:14pm

Afternoon! We took the SunLord in this morning only to find that the appointment had not been entered in their computer and they had no idea what we were there for! Fortunately, they took our word for it and we eventually got everything straightened out. We'll be picking the little guy up between 4 and 6. Since Skywise's dental appointment is at 3, that works out well. We all went back to bed after we got back for a few more hours of sleep. Right now, Skywise is out cutting grass and I'm writing. Or trying to. I can't seem to spell today...
*le sigh*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #636 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 9:13pm

We're back from town. Skywise's dental work went off without a hitch. He's back in bed sleeping off the anesthetic right now. SunLord's surgery went off as planned too and he's sleeping it off on a towel in front of the sliding glass door. So everything is nice and peaceful at the moment.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #637 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 7:39pm

Update: Skywise is feeling MUCH better since he got that tooth pulled. His disposition has improved enormously as well. So much so that I've decided not to kill him in the near future!
The SunLord bounced his little self on our bed this morning and he's feeling pretty good too. We surmise that his was one of the last surgeries that they did yesterday and that is why he was so groggy. He's been full of kitty beans this morning and is currently sleeping off his "morning rampage" in preparation for his "evening rampage." Smiley
I FINALLY found the fabric I want/need for my laptop case and a new purse. It's gonna cost but it is waterproof 430 Denier packcloth that I was having NO luck finding locally and I wasn't about to waste gas (even if it IS starting to go down!) hunting all over Indianapolis looking for it! I'll have "leftovers" so I might have enough for another project or two. I'd like a "sling style" backpack but I don't like what I'm finding in the stores. Yeah. I can be rather particular about what I want. That is why I almost always make my own purses.
So now that all that is out of the way, I'm gonna pull up Chapter 5 of the Castle and start thinking about it while I make up some tuna salad and bean salad so I won't starve to death while I'm working!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #638 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 2:38am

I've added several pages so far today around other chores and I'm happy. I still have to explain where the money is coming from. I might have to backtrack a bit to explain that. Yes, there is a good sized treasury in the Castle and the Keyholder has.. ahem... other resources (which are revealed in Book 2) to draw on but I need to say so for the novel. I did explain where all the pages -- as in young children in the employ of the household -- came from.
I so need a cook. Time to peel the potatoes for dinner.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #639 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 3:56am

OH POOP!!!

Incoming thunderstorms and they sound bad. The house is vibrating from the thunder and they are still a county away. Going to head out while I can.
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #640 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 5:48pm

Greetings! Last night's storm ended up passing to the south of us. Much noise was endured but all we got was a little rain.
I ordered a gaming "sourcebook" a couple of days ago and it arrived this morning. There is a third one in the series but it's out of print and only available as a PDF file and I WANNA BOOK!  I'm hoping that they'll make enough from PDF sales to bring it back out in print.
I've been thinking about Crowhaven and the river it sits on. I'm thinking that the Ohio River is probably a good "model" for river.  The Mississippi is too big and the White too small and NOT navigable most of the time. I think that Madison, IN might be a good model for Crownhaven, as far as being a river town is concerned.  I need to check size [area and population] and geology. I'm pretty sure that the geology will work and should make for some interesting civil engineering.
*giggle* I'll also be writing today. Thank the Gods -- especially Hermes! -- for the internet! It makes multitasking so much easier!   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #641 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 8:08pm

Smiley Tippy-tapping away. The research isn't going as well as I'd like. I guess that is the Universe's subtle way of telling me that Crowhaven is going to have to be constructed pretty much from whole cloth. *sigh* I was hoping for a short cut or two. Oh well. The "Penthesilea's Castle Sourcebook and Companion" won't need to be published for a while yet! Smiley
I'm about halfway through the chapter now but I need to write a page or three long "run up" to a bit of business from the repost thread. First thing I have to do is decide how the Keyholder becomes aware of the problem. Smiley The writing might slow down a bit until I figure that out. Of course, I'll work on modifying the posts while I do the figuring! I don't want to get too far ahead of myself though but if I at least stay in the chapter that shouldn't be a problem! *giggle* Off to put my thinking cap on!

Post # 11,350
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2008 at 1:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #642 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 3:27am

I am slowly making progress on the restabilization of the Castle in time and dimensional space.  I still haven't quite figured out how the Keyholder finds out what is wrong so I moved on to the solution to the problem which I have a better handle on.  I think that once the "solution" and everything that leads up to it is written there will be enough there for a chapter and I'll split it off.   
The War Queen is being a grouchy feline pain in the posterior tonight and I'm having to speak sharply to her as she keeps growling at anyone feline that comes near her. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that she had PMS!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #643 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 4:48am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. I made some progress on the Castle but there is still a lot of writing to do on this part. I don't think I'm going to get this chapter done this week. There has been too much going on that cut into my writing time.  Oh well, I'll get it finished. Just not as soon as I had hoped.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2008 at 9:01pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #644 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 3:42pm

Morning! It is still barely morning here. It's been a hard struggle but cognitive functions are beginning to come online finally. I'll get more tea into me and I should be human again in a relatively short time.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #645 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 4:28pm

The SunLord does not like it when Skywise mows close to the house.  He's at the far back part of the back yard now so our little golden boy has come out of hiding. He'll learn that the "big, noisy thing" won't come into the house after him eventually!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #646 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 5:19pm

Hmm... Something from Book 3 has bloomed fully formed in my head.
Must write it NOW before it gets away.
Maybe I'll post a bit as a "teaser" later....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #647 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 6:24pm

Smiley Here's a taste of what I've just written. I guess that this commits me to Book 3... Smiley Smiley

“Penth,” Daemon said.  “That is the device of the Blood Rose.  Are you sure you want to use it?”
     “I’m sure, little brother,” she replied and then turned toward them, Daemon, MoonCat, SpiritFire, Michael, Grai, Cujon and Shankarika and smiled. “I AM the Blood Rose.”  Her eyes glowed with moonfire and her hair began to move in a wind no one else could feel. “And that misborn, half-breed lizard hatchling Tanya is going to regret bespelling my Consort and raising an army against me. She won’t regret it for long though because I’m going to have her head on a pike and her slimy guts for garters before the day is DONE!”  With a gesture, the symbol of her office as Keyholder that she wore on her armor was gone and in its place as the sign of the Blood Rose.  Then she turned and led them out to tell the people of Valcaria that their beloved Lady Keyholder was the Blood Rose, warrior and liberator out of legend.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #648 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:02am

The internet has been wonky all afternoon. VERY aggravating. I didn't get a lot of writing done but I did get some thinking done, so maybe this evening will be more productive. Anyway, I'm going to move a load of clothes from the washer to the dryer [I didn't goof off completely today!] and then see if I can get something productive done on the writing front.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #649 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 3:10am

Why is it that whenever I get on a roll with the writing, it is always time to stop and make dinner.
I so need a cook...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40
Send TopicPrint