Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39123 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #650 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 4:29am

Skywise is home.  He has the GameCube fired up and is blasting the hell out of something or other. Dinner is done and eaten. I've got a couple of things to do before I fall into bed so I'm going to head out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #651 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 7:05pm

Afternoon! Today was payday and we hit the ground running.  Most of the stuff is put away and I've been tippy-tapping away on the novel for a while. The confrontation between Sir Michael and the Guard Commander is done -- Sir Michael won, of course as he is the hotter of the two men! hehehehe -- and I'm doing a bit of dialog for the "aftermath." I keep having to look up words in my Valcarian Glossary and I need to create some more. *giggle*
I think I need a snakie though, it's been a while since firstmeal.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #652 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 10:11pm

The writing is going pretty well. I'll finish this part and then go back and do "backfill" on the parts that I didn't do on the first pass 'cause I didn't have them figured out. I'm either going to get two chapters out of this or one long one.... but... right now..... I want...

chocolate!

Bet you thought I was going to say something naughty! hehehehe

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #653 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 1:51am

Just about ready to start "backfilling." I think I've figured out what tips the Keyholder off to the problem so that part is taken care of. It's just a matter of writing it. There is another funny bit to do and the first half of Chapter 5 -- which may turn out to be all of Chapter 5 -- will be done. Then I'll start on the last 12 [at this point] or so pages and see how much they "grow" in the writing. That section is pivotal since it is the first time Our Hero gets a good look at the Heroine. OH BOY! *giggle*  He thought he'd seen trouble before!!  If it comes out long enough, it will be chapter 6. If not, Chapter 5 will be rather long.
Smiley I probably should start dinner before it gets too much later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #654 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 3:58am

Okay, temporal/dimensional instability handled. I start "backfilling" tomorrow. Skywise has to work tomorrow with Monday off again. I don't know how long this schedule is going to last. As long as they need him to cover Saturday's I guess. The people who have been tapped to cover for him on the unit he usually handles on Mondays have been turning in less than stellar performances. "Disaster" is the word Skywise used to describe the mess. Unfortunately, there isn't anyone else to do what they have him doing on Saturday, so the Post Office management has to decide where they want their disaster...
I'll be gone most of Sunday. We're going to the State Fair where I will get a week's worth of exercise in one day! Smiley The temps are supposed to be in the low 80's so I'm not likely to end up in the care of the Red Cross like I did one very hot year. And I promise that I will use mucho sunscreen!
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #655 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:30am

Skywise is home and I'm yawning. Time for this sleepy little writer person to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #656 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:18pm

Afternoon! We're back from errands and the girls and I are getting settled in for the day. Shywise has to work Smiley but other than that, it's shaping up to be a pretty good day. I'm going to go over what I wrote yesterday to catch any mistakes [I did a LOT of rewriting and rearranging! LOL] and then start "backfilling." I hope I can get the backfilling done today so I can start on the last 12 pages of this section tomorrow -- after we get back from the Fair -- or Monday.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2008 at 4:21pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #657 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 7:30pm

The proofing is done and I've written a couple of bits of backfill. Still haven't gotten started on the main "bit" yet. I've also been assembling what we'll need for the State Fair expedition tomorrow. I've transfered the absolute essentials from my suitcase of a purse to my (large) belt bag, got my backpack out (for carrying all the freebies the girls are going to pick up) and my Australian Bush hat for keeping the sun off of my tender person. I got out a cooler of the appropriate size and got it cleaned up.  It doesn't look like we will need to carry rain gear [thank the Gods!] and the temps should be in the very low 80's. [Thank the Gods even more!]  Moonie is in charge of the camera so that's all set. I just need to put the spare AA batteries in the backpack and I should be all set.  And I won't forget the sunscreen!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #658 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 12:02am

Well, the backfill is coming along. Gods willing, I'll should get most of it done tonight. That way it won't be bugging me tomorrow and the "writer part" of my brain can consider the possibilities of the rest of the chapter while Skywise, Spirit and MoonCat tour the Swine Barn. FYI: I'm not big on swine unless we are in the pork producers' tent chowing down on grilled to perfection pork burgers Smiley YUM!!  MoonCat has also expressed interest in crawling through a 40 foot colon that is on exhibit as well. Also FYI: It's NOT a real colon, just a very large model to promote colon health. I'm probably gonna pass on that one too! *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #659 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 3:25am

Okay, last bit of backfill is finished. Oh, it will probably need tweaking and I'll likely think of something that needs to be added or clarified in the next day or two but it's pretty much done. Now I need to expand the last 12 pages about 2 and a half times or so and I'll be done with this section and it will be two chapters. Very close to half way done!
Yeah, happy writer person here!Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2008 at 3:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #660 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 4:46am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Busy and early day tomorrow.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #661 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 8:58pm

Smiley We're back! We spent about 5 hours at the fair, no sunburns but we do have very tired feet! Or at least I do! The girls decided to pass on the livestock barns this year -- my nose thanks the Gods -- in favor of other exhibits. I'm going to take my shoes off, rest my little (figuratively speaking) feets and relax with some tea while I further consider some book ideas I had while at the fair.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #662 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:10am

Working on dinner, which is almost done, and a scary scene right out of a horror movie for the novel. Our Heroine isn't all sweetness and light and neither is our Hero. This should prove that nicely. I know what I gotta do, I just need to set it up right and I'm tossing around various ideas. Maybe something suitable will present itself after dinner.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #663 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 3:41am

*Yawn!* I've about got the scary scene worked out but I'm too sleepy to write it! Smiley I was.. ahem...  delayed in getting to sleep last night.Smiley Consequently, five hours of walking around the fair grounds wore me out pretty good and there is just so much caffeine can do for you before you hit the wall. SO, before I fall asleep over the keyboard, I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #664 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 3:48pm

Morning!
I've been up for a while. Heading for bed so early last night meant that the kitchen was a still a mess when I got up. *sign* A certain amount of bringing order out of chaos has been necessary this morning. At least I have some tea finally and I'm gonna see about sustenance right now.  After that, I've got "vampire feeding" to do... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #665 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 8:18pm

I've made a nice start on the vampire feeding as well as writing a funny bit concerning drunken mages. hehehehe
I've also ordered enough Advantage to keep the furpersons dosed until the first hard freeze.  All is good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #666 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 10:56pm

Skywise and Spirit decided that Moonie and I needed a break so right after my last post they swept us up and we headed for the south side of Indy. We grabbed a VERY late lunch and did a little shopping. Now we're back and I'll be starting dinner in about an hour. Since it takes about 2 hours to make, that should work out fine!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #667 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 12:47am

Hmmm....
Disorientated.

In the dark...

Surrounded by hungry vampires....

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Sounds good to THIS little writer person. But first..
I gotta make dinner......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #668 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:25am

I'm yawning and this particular "bit" of writing just isn't coming. I can "see" what is supposed to happen. I can "hear" it. I can almost "feel" it. But. Turning it all into words just isn't happening. Creative cognitive function is going offline fast.
Skywise suggests that I call it a night and I've got to agree. I'll curl up with something already written and take this up again tomorrow.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #669 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 5:05pm

Afternoon!
I've spent the morning crunching numbers -- of a financial nature rather than a RPG nature -- and fooling around with my lifemate. A productive use of my time, I think! Smiley
Skywise will be heading out to work soon so he won't be distracting me with naughty but highly agreeable suggestions so I should make some headway on that scarey scene I was working on last night! I just have to figure out how the "stage" is set and describe what it looks like and what happens.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #670 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 9:35pm

It's slowly coming together. I've been writing the bits as they come to me and then "stitching" them together.
I've also started on a time line. It's pretty general at the moment. When people were born, when major events happened, that sort of thing. It will get more detailed when I figure out when stuff happened in books one and two. I haven't made up names for the days of the week or the months yet so that is sort of slowing me down but I suppose I can do it numerically since I have decided on the length of the year and how many months there are.

I'm gonna take a tiny break and wash a few dishes before I wrap this part up.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:09am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #671 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:20am

Got the scary stuff written. It'll probably need some fine tuning but I'm happy with the basic structure. I've been proofing the first part -- the part that will be chapter 5 -- and catching some typos and doing some tweaks there.
It looks like I'll be able to add the 10 to 12 pages I'll need to make this into 2 chapters without any problems since I haven't even started on the posts that start this section! I'm thinking I'll have it done and ready to go by the end of the week.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #672 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:03am

Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #673 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:01pm

It's been an interesting day so far. We went into town to transfer the money we’ll need to pay the property taxes and then went to Wal-Mart. I was in the Craft/Sewing section when I heard Skywise call Moonie on the radio and tell her he had something to show her in Electronics. Since the Craft/Sewing section is right next to Electronics I wandered over to see what he’d found...
I found the both of them standing in front of a locked case with four Wii units in it.  They were drooling. Saying “Should we?” to each other. I shook my head and told them to go ahead and get it ‘cause “you KNOW you want to!”  So they did!
Skywise has it unpacked in front of the widescreen in the living room. He still has to figure out where to put it! Smiley And I suspect that a WiiFit is in my future for my b-day in November or at Yule since Moonie was suggesting that when they first came out. 
Well, the book calls.... Smiley Later!
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 4:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #674 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 6:13pm

Skywise got the Wii hooked up and even played a little before he left for work. Since the Wii will play his collection of GameCube games, he decided to disconnect the GameCube and put the Wii in its place. That does cut down on the number of wires, consoles and whatever over there around the television. I have no doubt that the GameCube -- which works perfectly well -- will be hooked up to something before long. He might even go so far as to get a relatively inexpensive monitor for it and set it up in the Guest House.
I'm tippy tapping away on the novel while doing a few other things but not too much. We have the house opened up and both the temperature and the humidity outside are rising. We want to put off turning the a/c back on as long as possible -- pesky electric bill! -- so I don't want to do anything that will heat the place up too much. Serious heat producing work will commence after dark!
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 6:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40
Send TopicPrint