Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39112 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #675 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 12:56am

I'm slowly getting this bit written. I'm not terribly inspired by this section but I think it's working reasonably well. I'll probably have to "chew" it over a few times before I'm satisfied.
And let it be noted that the SunLord dislikes small planes every bit as much as he dislikes lawn mowers as demonstrated by his reaction to our neighbor's taking off a few minutes ago. [Yes, we are far enough out in the sticks that a small private airstrip is possible.]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #676 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 1:58am

Note to self: When Book One is finished, make plans to head north and visit the Madison/Milwaukee WI chapters of the International Fantasy Gaming Society! Write a game for them maybe....
Definitely want to participate in a game in some way. What would really be cool is to have a chapter in this neck of the woods... Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2008 at 2:02am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #677 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:54am

I've been reading over some of the naughty stuff I've written tonight. I'm pretty good at writing "naughty" if I do say so myself!
I'm back writing about statues - naked or not - at the moment. I'm about to wrap things up for the night. I'm getting sleepy and when the cognitive functions begin to slow down, I end up doing a lot of rewriting the next day if I push it! *Yawn!* Yep. Definitely time to think about sleep.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #678 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:18pm

Afternoon! Skywise has the late shift tonight so we've adjusted our shedule accordingly. Of course, tomorrow, he will have the early shift so .... Smiley
Such is life at the Postal Service. Hopefully, my creative functions will hold out this evening and I'll be able to get some writing done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #679 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:14pm

Skwise is on his way to work -- close to being there by now, in fact -- and I'm sitting here finishing up a little sewing project for the kitchen. I'll be starting on the writing when I'm done with this. I will, of course, be going over what I've already written while I'm doing this 'hand work'! Multi-tasking again!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #680 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 4:31am

Creativity is holding up. I managed to draw part of one of the heraldic devices I need for the Castle. Now all I need to do is figure out how to combine it with the other element which is an embroidered applique! It's gonna look neat when I figure out how to do it!
Writing is going well, presently trying to weave together discussions with a scuptor and explosions. Don't ask....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #681 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 4:37pm

Afternoon! *Yawn!* We made a quick run into town and I got some of what I need for the laptop case. When we got back the shipment of Advantage was on the front step.

DIE FLEAS!!!!!

Smiley We'll dose them all tonight. That way none of us will be tempted to pet them while its working. Although I do remember one occasion when, as I was waking up, I realized that I was petting the cat on my chest with both hands while asleep!
Skywise leaves in an hour and then I'll hit the book!  Gods willing I should make good progress today although I DO need to invent a derogatory term for a person who uses their sexuality [either granting or withholding] for purposes of manipulation. The society I've created is such that most of the terms we commonly use for such a parasite aren't suitable.Smiley  I've been thinking about this for a while and nothing suitable has materialized and now its "crunch time."  Time to put on the thinking cap and start playing with syllables.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #682 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 9:45pm

Phone line has been wonky today. Trying to get it fixed. *sigh* Why does the phone company say they will call you when your phone doesn't work right? The logic escapes me...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #683 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 5:08am

*Yawn* Skywise is home and is having enormous fun with his Wii. He got a new game for it this morning while we were in town. I picked up some fleece lining for the laptop case and lo! The material arrived this afternoon. I still need some notions but I can start figuring out what I'm going to do with it. I'll make the purse first -- I NEED that -- and take my time with the laptop case.
My creative functions are starting to shut down but I'm pleased with today's work. The second half of Chapter 5 is now officially Chapter 6 as I've passed the minimum character count for a chapter. Black Rose should have them both in her email inbox by the end of the weekend if not sooner. hehehehe By the time she gets to them (likely after DragonCon on  Labor Day weekend) I may be working on Chapter 10!
I'm going to head out. Sleepy little writerperson and my eyes are killing me. It's too bad that there isn't any way to change the color of the "paper" of my word docs. On well, no one said that the creative process was without pain! Smiley

Post # 11,400

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #684 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 4:16pm

Afternoon! We're back from errands. I'm getting ready to make some tea, throw some clothes in the washer and settle down to some writing.  Skywise works today with Sunday/Monday as his off days again. We're starting to get used to this routine. This is likely to be his schedule for the rest of the month, or at least that is what I'm planning on. What it will be after our vacation is over no one knows, not even his supervisors. We'll just have to wait and see.
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #685 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 10:31pm

One last "bridging" bit to write and Chapter 6 should be done. Smiley The eyes are killing me so I think I'm going to go do something of a useful housewifey nature and then rest the eyes for a while before I write this last bit. Tomorrow I'll go over 5 & 6 one last time and then send them off to BR.
And start on Chapter 7.... hehehehe
I want to get as much done as I can before our vacation starts in 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2008 at 4:30am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #686 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 2:29am

The bridging bit is coming along as is dinner. The cards are nudging me and I'll probably do a draw after dinner. A growling stomach is not good for the concentration! So I'll draw them and maybe they will spark a journey post. I feel like I've been neglecting that but the book is part of the journey too and I feel so driven to get it done that I can't help but think that there is a reason for it beyond the simple desire to see the story in print.Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #687 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 4:36am

Chapters 5 and 6 are done. Smiley Six will probably be tweaked some tomorrow. The last paragraph isn't as good as it could be but basically, first draft 5 & 6 are done. Then I'll get to work on 7. That's the natural disaster chapter and I really think that I can improve it. We'll see anyway.
I did the card draw. Ma'at appeared. That didn't surprise me considering some of my recent observations. Karma is at work as always.
I think I'm going to head out now. Get ready for bed and curl up with a good book if Skywise and/or the War Queen will let me! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #688 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 3:03pm

Morning! Smiley We slept in this morning. YAY!!
I went to sleep last night with the Lord of Samhain asleep beside me and when I woke up, SunLord was asleep on my pillow next to my head. He looked soooooo sweet. *squeee...* Just wanted to cuddle him to pieces! The War Queen, of course, took her turn sleeping on me too. Smiley Just call me "cat furniture."
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2008 at 3:29pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #689 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 6:34pm

Chapter 5 is proofed, tweaked, spellchecked and sent! Smiley
Oh my aching eyeballs! Shocked
Gonna take a break before I start on Chapter 6!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #690 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 7:44pm

I've been bad but in my usual good way, of course. I've just purchased this: http://www.amazon.com/Gothic-Bellydance-Revelations-Bellydance-Revelations/dp/B0...

I saw an ad for it in Gothic Beauty -- which I picked up yesterday -- and absolutely fell in love with the costumes! It's not an instructional video but I'm expecting to get some ideas on presentation, choreography and costuming from it! I SO need to update my costume! hehehehe  Skywise seems taken with the idea!
Yes, I know. I'm naughty. [Credit or Blame to Aphrodite!] I'll go sit in the corner with Chapter 6 now..
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2008 at 8:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #691 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 10:10pm

And Chapter 6 is proofed, tweaked, spellchecked and sent! Again..Smiley And again my eyeballs are shot! *sigh* I'm thinking I won't be doing much on Chapter 7 until tomorrow. On the plus side, when 7 is done, the first draft will be a bit over half finished!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #692 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 1:38am

Eyes feel much better. Skywise snatched me and the girls up and away for dinner in town. Then, when we got back, he snatched me off to bed! We indulged in a very satisfying round of "naughty" and discussed a number of important "topics" most of which would constitute TMI for this site! Sorry, all you "inquiring minds!" hehehehehehe!So my eyes are feeling fine and so is the rest of me!  I think I'll pull out Chapter 7 and start the preliminary work tonight. Skywise has tomorrow off and I don't know how much 'work time' I'm going to get.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #693 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 3:31am

SmileyI just finished the preliminary work on Chapter 7, basically editing out stuff like post numbers, usernames and stuff that has already been explained and the page count for the chapter is ....... 57 pages. Smiley I haven't even started writing/expanding/rewriting it yet! Looks like I've got another 'double chapter" on my hands and depending on how much I want to expand, it could be 2 and a half chapters.
This one might take a couple of weeks. My eyes are gonna hate me.  Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #694 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:57am

It’s too late to start on Chapter 7 tonight and I’m a tired little writerperson anyway.  Heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #695 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 2:44pm

Morning! Smiley I'm getting ready to start on Chapter 7 but need to do a few other things first. Such as.. tea! Smiley
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #696 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:11pm

Skywise DOES love his new Wii! Every chance he gets, he's blasting away at something. At the moment, he's playing something based on unit warfare during WWII.  He's big on WWII games, usually ground combat but some air as well and he has a collection of "old fashioned 'combat simulation' games" that fans of the form would die for. I love to see him happy.

I finished that sexual ethics book that I've been reading this morning. There is likely a 'journey' post in there somewhere. I'll just have to wait until it bubbles to the surface.*giggle* Gee, I bet the person who told me that he believed I was here for a 'total awakening' didn't realize how much of it would be sexual. I sure didn't! Skywise, however, was just patiently waiting for it to happen. It appears my lifemate knew my fundamental nature better than I did or was willing to admit. This is one time I don't mind that he's right and I was wrong!

Better stop before this turns into a "journey" post and I have to move it! 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #697 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 12:59am

The internet connection/phone line has been unacceptably wonky today. AT & T called this morning and said that they would have someone out here to check their part of the system on Wednesday.
Between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.  Smiley

If Dial One can give me an approximate time of arrival with a promise to call when the tech is on his way, why can't the phone company? I hope he gets here early but I'm not going to bet money I don't have on it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #698 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 3:23am

*giggle* Skywise was so involved in his game that he didn't notice what I had been doing so when he asked me when I was going to start dinner, I told him that it was already started and pretty close to done! *more giggles!*

On my mind:

Besides, karmic payback, the Ma'at card that came up in my last draw and the usual unabashed naughtiness? I need an incantation that sounds reasonably literate to change a scrying mirror to a teleport field. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #699 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 4:18pm

Afternoon!
I am SO doomed! Smiley My new Barbie Collector's catalog came today. Batgirl -- who I saw last week in Toys R Us -- is on the cover. And inside? Black Canary and .....
Supergirl.
The real one.
Kara Zor-El. Smiley

I don't buy many dolls anymore unless I'm planning to make a One Of A Kind but these three I HAVE to get. I need them to keep my Wonder Woman doll that I got some years back company! So in one fell swoop I will satisfy my comic geekhood and my doll geekhood.
NOW, if Mattel would just get a license for Jean Grey/Phoenix (comics version, please!) and Red Sonja I would be in Geek Heaven! Although if I were to find  dolls with the right head mold and eye color, I could very well find myself ordering more red hair from my supplier and getting out my re-root needle..... Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40
Send TopicPrint