Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39140 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #725 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 11:52pm

I've finally reached the end of Chapter 7! Smiley All 41/42 pages of it and I have OFFICIALLY passed the halfway point unless chapters 8 through 13 turn out to be ridiculously long! (For the record, I have 241 first draft pages complete *Again Smiley* with a minimum of 200 to go.) So yeah, I'm pleased with myself about that. I need to make one last pass through the chapter to check for tweaks and then I'll call it "done". But first, I'm gonna make dinner! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #726 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 4:16am

Tired, sleepy but happy writerperson here but Chapter 7 is tweaked and proofed and since it's too late to start on Chapter 8 tonight, I'm heading out.  Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley See ya tomorrow!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #727 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 3:35pm

Morning! It's a beautiful day here. A front went through yesterday or was supposed to. It didn't rain much but the air is much cleaner and so far cooler today! Skywise has the a/c turned off and the doors open. I've got a few things to do while I work on Chapter 8 today so I'd better get started! Smiley See ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #728 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 5:56pm

Spirit has declared that we are going to Floral Gulch.
So we are heading out. Smiley We'll grab some lunch while we are there. Later!
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2008 at 9:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #729 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 9:48pm

We're back! We had a nice little excursion and everyone got what they wanted for lunch! Thank the Immortal Gods for Food Courts! Smiley I think I might indulge in a tiny dish of ice cream since I've been revoltingly good lately. 'Sides, it will cool my insides down! It has warmed up considerably from this morning. Our outing has put me behind in my writing but I'll get caught up. I need to think about how to a.) explain Our Hero's goofy behavior when he mets Our Heroine and b.) properly expand that section of the chapter without 'padding' it so a little "think time" is a good thing. Now I've got to get to the chores that were left undone when we took off! hehehehehe
Later!
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2008 at 9:51pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #730 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:27am

Getting the chores caught up and a little writing in between!
I'm going to be starting the pizzas pretty soon. Skywise off today so no waiting until 10 p.m. to start dinner! Smiley
I'm slowly working through Chapter 8. I'm going through it and fixing the "easy' stuff first since I'm working in fits and starts tonight. I'll save the "heavy lifting" for when I can sit and concentrate for longer periods. One part in this section is going to require a lot of thought, visualization and research! So unless I get profoundly inspired, I'll be working on that part last!
Ah! back to the kitchen!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #731 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Afternoon all!  Things got busy last night and I didn't make it back here before bed. The kitties let me sleep [pretty much!] last night so I'm feeling a bit more alive today. hehehehe My "Batgirl Barbie" arrived today. I haven't taken her out of the box yet but I will later this afternoon. I'm going to have to rearrange my display area. More female icons than I have room for! Supergirl is being released in a couple of days so I'm expecting her next week. Black Canary isn't expected to be released until November so I'll probably get her sometime around my birthday. *giggle* I was looking at the various versions of Batman at Toys R Us last Saturday. I need him and Superman for balancing masculine energy. (And they are HOT! *giggle*) I haven't started writing yet this morning but I'll have the afternoon for it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #732 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:11pm

Writing. Smiley Figuring out where to put a bit of business that I need to insert to explain something. Need to straighten out a glitch that I missed when I was doing the reposts. Slowly adding/changing stuff as it comes to me.
A week and a half until vacation starts and I'm hoping to have Chapter 8 done before then and be working on 9. BR won't be able to do anything with what I've already sent her until after she's recovered from DragonCon. Smiley So, I'm thinking that it will be mid-September before she gets to it!
NEED FOOD!!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:23pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #733 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 7:35pm

That bit is taken care of! I've "smoothed" it out and established the presence of a permanent portal to another location that I'm gonna need later in the chapter. Gotta give some thought to the attack of Female Proximity Syndrome that Our Hero suffers from immediately upon meeting Our Heroine and the Stage Two effects that manifest when she starts dancing on the bar in his night club. I've got a good idea for an explanation. I just have to work it in somewhere prior to the attack......
And I'm up to 32 pages.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #734 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 10:37pm

I'm wondering if I should keep the giant preying mantis attack...
Someone IS trying to kill Our Heroine, after all, and is damned singleminded about it. Smiley And I do need to establish that her 'job' is dangerous even when no one is trying to kill her. Tried to kill her twice last chapter and once already in this one. Next chapter will see a rather short invasion (by Orc/Elven hybrids that I need a different name for) which masks another attempt on her life and then the real fun begins! [To paraphrase Han Solo]
Good thing this girl is both sturdy and competent!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #735 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 12:00am

I'm keeping the giant preying mantis attack but eliminating the trip to the infirmary, I think. Our Heroine has already been chewed up once in this chapter (broken back, concussion, etc.) and she's gonna get beat around pretty good in the next chapter so I'm going to cut her a break this time -- superficial cuts and bruises...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #736 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 2:20am

Things are going well writing wise and dinner is almost done.
I went outside for a little bit before it was completely dark and watched the bats. One flew relatively close to me. I don't think that they are cute but I like watching them fly and they DO eat a lot of mosquitoes!
Did a card draw earlier.
Need to do another journey post soon.
Been thinking about how hard it is to go against the grain. To do what you want to do and live like you want [like being poly] instead of doing and living like society expects you to.
Ah... dinner's ready.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #737 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 4:19am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
I think I'm about one third of the way through the chapter. Or it will be one third once it is all written. I'm coming up on a section that is standing on my nose and DEMANDING a serious and expansive rewrite.
I gotta do research!
I gotta do choreography!
Then, I gotta put it into words! Smiley
I may not get this one done before next week......
Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #738 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 3:56pm

Morning! For a few more minutes yet anyway! We've been to town, paid some bills, had an early lunch and did a bit of shopping.  We were out of kitten chow and getting low on the other varieties. If we wished to avoid accusing stares from the furpersons, we needed to make a catfood run!
NOW, it's time to start the day! hehehehe
Chapter 8 awaits. See ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #739 - Aug 27th, 2008 at 9:10pm

Making good progress. Smiley I'm rapidly approaching the spot that is demanding that major revision.  I'm getting everything that comes before it in shape and I might do the same with what comes after just to have it done when I finish the major piece! I've cut some stuff down and some out entirely and the chapter is still over 30 pages long. I have some idea how detailed the revision is going to be so the likelihood of this being another 40 plus page chapter is looking pretty good!
Enough goofing off! Back to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #740 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 12:39am

Okay. The diabolical spell has been cast on Our Hero. Now I have to "test" it to be sure that it works the way I need it too and tweak as necessary. It might have to go through a rewrite or two.
I'm making progress on a spell Our Heroine keeps casting on herself and potential lovers. That one needs a bit more work so it works like I need it too.
Maybe I should take some time tonight and at least rough them out in the game system. Smiley That would make glitches a bit easier to spot and be handy for reference. I also need to write the scene where Our Hero's blood is used to make ink.
And...
I need to make dinner. Beginning to starve here...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #741 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 2:51am

I've been making dinner and tweaking the spell. I think I have all the bases covered with one way to break the spell and another way to weaken it substantially which should give me sufficient "wiggle room" as far as the story goes.
I just checked. This chapter is up to 37 pages and I'm still haven't gotten to the "big" thing yet! Smiley  I've already deleted some extraneous stuff and more might have to go over the side if I don't want a 50 page chapter. Oh well. I'll deal with that later after I've finished the chapter.
Dinner ready in 20 minutes....   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #742 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 4:33am

The chapter is up to 39 pages now and shows no signs of slowing down! I, however, am heading out for the night!  I'll pick it up again tomorrow. I'm thinking that I might be able to "bump" some of what is in Chapter 8 into Chapter 9 as I'd hate to cut much more than I already have. That, however, is tomorrow's, Friday's, Saturday's or Sunday's problem! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #743 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 3:05pm

Morning! *boingboingboingboing!*
The phone I ordered earlier this week came this morning so I now have communications in the kitchen. I'm still looking for something for the bedroom. I've about decided to call the outfit I got this phone from and see what sort of Princess phones they have on hand. They don't have their selection on the website 'cause they move in and out so fast. Thinking about it anyway. The price isn't too unreasonable and Skywise seems agreeable.
Gonna be working on a number of things today in addition to working on Chapter 8. It's gonna be a busy one!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #744 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 4:24pm

I am ready to start work on the long awaited, much anticipated first meeting between Our Hero and Our Heroine! Smiley
But first I MUST seek sustenance! Smiley This is gonna take a while! Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2008 at 4:25pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #745 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 7:24pm

Smiley Working on the novel.
Allowing [literary] events to follow their logical course.... and
I seem to have an orgy on my hands!

However this book is marketed, it's gonna have an "Explicit Sex" label on it! Smiley

Oh well, you know the sage advice given to writers.. *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #746 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 8:18pm

I have discovered that the late and much missed Moonlight Smiley will be released on DVD. Amazon will tell me when if I don't grab it at Wal-Mart first Smiley and IronMan will be out the last of September.
Life is good.

Time for Night 2 of the orgy....
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #747 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:07am

Hoooookkkaaayyyy, I'm up to 42 pages and I'm barely into the second night's orgy. Smiley I'm definitely going to have to splice the end of this chapter onto the beginning of Chapter 9!
Think I'm going to take a break and get dinner started.  Homemade pizza takes time! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #748 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:03am

Dinner is done and eaten and since I'm a tired little writerperson, the bed has two loads of clean laundry on it that needs putting away and I've reached a relatively good stopping point on Chapter 8, I'm going to head out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #749 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 4:51pm

Afternoon! It has been a busy, busy morning!
The girls' checks arrived today so we took off for town right after the letter carrier delivered them. We hit the bank, Wendy's (early lunch) and Wal-Mart setting a new land speed record in the process! Smiley Skywise is chilling with the Wii and I'm unwinding here. He leaves for work in about 45 minutes and then I'll be working on the novel all afternoon with frequent breaks to figure out what happens next!
*giggle* Later!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40
Send TopicPrint