Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39158 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #750 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 7:37pm

Smiley I'm making good progress on Chapter 8, everything is coming together nicely. I still have to work up some technical details but I'm not expecting that to take an excessive amount of time. The only problem is that while I'm thinking, I want to nibble and not healthy stuff either! I WANT CHOCOLATE!! Fortunately, there are no M&Ms in the house at the moment! It could be worse, I know. When she was doing serious "problem solving" type thinking, my aunt [Mom's older sister] chainsmoked.
I'll see if a tiny dish of ice cream with chocolate syrup derails the chocolate craving without derailing my good eating habits! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #751 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:51pm

The ice cream DID satisfy my chocolate craving with a not too large calorie penalty! I also found a good substitute for chainsmoking while thinking. I did some work on my new purse -- which did not require an enormous outlay of cognitive energy -- and while I did that I figured out one little knotty bit in Chapter 8 which has been duly written down! I guess when the purse is done, I'll start immediately on the laptop case! Smiley When that's done, I'll start making afghans again! hehehehe!
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2008 at 8:57pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #752 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 12:29am

There's no help for it.
Chapter 8 is gonna be close to 50 pages. Maybe more.Smiley
I can't cut any more out and I won't skimp on necessary details like character development.  This novel is growing like a weed on Miracle Grow.

And I just finished shifting the tail end of Chapter 8 into Chapter 9 which is mostly just post transfers at the moment. Page count? 37 pages......  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #753 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 4:00am

*sigh* I'm up to 45 pages and I still have a ways to go although I'm hoping to bring it in at 50 pages or under. It's gonna be close. I cut some stuff and rewrote it. It works better this way. Chapter 10 is empty which is good 'cause I know without thinking too much about it that Chapter 9 is gonna expand like out of control bread dough.

Skywise is going to be home soon so I'm gonna wrap things up and head out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #754 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 4:30pm

Afternoon! We're back from town. We made a recycling run this morning. It is amazing how many cans of soda pop (Coca-Cola Classic, Diet A&W Root Beer and the occasional Dr. Pepper) the four of us go through!
I'm expecting Nike to call tonight to find out, among other things, if she is going to be able to make it here this year. Last I heard, it wasn't looking good. She definitely won't be coming in next Saturday. Smiley It will be three or four days at the last of September if we're lucky! Smiley[smiley=Grrr47.gif]Smiley
Curse you, CVS!!  Smiley[smiley=angry021.gif]Smiley[smiley=angry021.gif]Smiley[smiley=angry021.gif]
*sigh* Off to make tea, work on the novel and hope for the best!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #755 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 6:00pm

I have GOT to get my sewing patterns organized! There are two specialty patterns that I KNOW I have and two others that I MIGHT have but I can't find any of them at the moment. Smiley[smiley=Grrr47.gif] I guess I'll get the two that I might have and if they turn up later, I'll have spares.
And when I get some time, I'm going to get all of my patterns in ONE place so that I can make a data base for them. Since I have every pattern I've ever purchased and some that I inherited from my late aunt, I have a LOT of sewing patterns!
Ahh.. enough of this, back to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #756 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 7:22pm

Okay, getting close to done with Chapter 8! Our Hero is currently wrestling with two comely wenches in a giant pit full of red gelatin. [Don't look at me! THAT particular escapade was posted after I went to bed that night! I assume NO responsibility for it whatsoever! It is, however, neat so I'm keeping it for the book!!  "All kill and no play makes Our Hero a dull boy!"]

I'm up to 45 pages and I still have a few things to rewrite/adapt/expand. If the Gods like me, I should have it done before I have to go offline to wait for Nike's call. When we're done talking, proof and tweak and BR will have another two chapters in her email box tomorrow! She's gonna have a lot to read once she recovers from Dragon*Con!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #757 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 8:10pm

I just got an email from Nike. She'll be calling tomorrow night so I will DEFINITELY get Chapter 8 done tonight. 
Moonie just gave me a 'Fun size' Hershey's bar.
I have a wonderful daughter. Smiley on the MoonCat!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #758 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 9:40pm

Sitting here trying not to worry about Bladeraven and not having much success. She's down in Texas but I don't know exactly where these days and I don't know if Gustav is going to cause problems for her or not.

Bladey, if you read this, drop me a PM or email and let me know you guys are okay. Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2008 at 10:32pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #759 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 12:07am

I finished Chapter 8, all 46 pages of it, a little over an hour ago but my eyes were hurting so bad and I had to leave the comp and rest them.
I now have 292 pages complete which is an average of 36.5 pages per chapter. At that rate, the whole book will be 475 pages, leaving me about 185 pages to go. I'm averaging about 5 pages a day so if I can keep that up, I'll be done in 37 days. I'm not expecting to be that productive during our vacation which starts a week from Monday and lasts for 3 weeks but it looks like having the first draft finished by the end of October is doable. That would be a real nice Samhain present.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #760 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 3:18am

Well, they've issued a mandatory evacuation order for New Orleans. The order extends to emergency services personnel so anyone stupid enough to try to ride the storm out will be on their own. From the sound of things, most people are taking Gustav seriously. Here's the link to the BBC story.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7590332.stm

Skywise said after the floods here. "When we change the landscape, we call it progress. When Nature changes it, we call it a disaster."

Maybe that's because we insist on trying to force Nature into doing what we want -- like not flooding in a flood plain -- and then are surprised when She doesn't cooperate.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #761 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 6:03am

Smiley Chapter 8 is tweaked and proofed. Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #762 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 3:10pm

Morning! *Yawn!* Skywise has today off but works tomorrow. He signed up for it. Extra cash in the paycheck during vacation, don't ya know.
Getting chapter 7 tweaked, proofed and spellchecked is on today's agenda.
Also taking Nike's call this evening.
And starting the preliminary work on Chapter 9.
Plus all the usual stuff I need to do on any given day.
Smiley Looks like I'd better get busy!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #763 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 2:36am

Off the phone, got all caught up with Nike. She still doesn't know if she will get off to come while Skywise is on vacation. Hopefully she will find out this week. I'm about halfway through Chapter 7. We made an unscheduled trip to the southside of Indianapolis this afternoon which cut into my proofing/tweaking time. I still plan to get it done tonight.
I'm getting ready to start dinner and looking at CDs of belly dance music.
Yeah. I'm gonna be even better at being "bad". You have been warned....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #764 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 4:33am

On September 1, 1979, Skywise and I stood up in front of God and everybody and got legal recognition of our relationship. We've been together for 29 years now.  It doesn't seem that it has been that long, most days. Other days....Smiley  We've seen a lot, done a lot, endured a lot and changed a lot. A lot of people insisted that we would never make it. Obviously, they were wrong.
*giggle* Happy Anniversary, Lifemate.  I love you.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #765 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 5:31am

Chapters 7 & 8 are tweaked, proofed, spell checked and emailed! Smiley I'm a tired little writerperson so I'm going to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #766 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 3:44pm

*Yawn! Morning. I've been up for a while getting a few non-internet related things done. I'll be starting on Chapter 9 today.  I'll see how it goes. I haven't looked yet but I think I have a lot of gaps in the story to fill in.
Time to get started. Catch ya later and have a great Labor Day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #767 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 9:04pm

We'll be going to Wal-Mart tomorrow and I'm going to see if they have any black "chiffon-like" material in stock. It's getting on towards the holiday season so I have my hopes. Otherwise I'll have to hit a fabric shop during our vacation or if I can talk Skywise into it, this week sometime. I wanna make a new dance skirt. Practice is SO much more fun wearing one! I'm going to look for a bra that I can use as the base for a new dance top too.  Something low cut and push up, I think!  Hehehehehe I've got some ideas to try out. Smiley I need to get some more shiny black satin for the bra and the belt. *Starts making list.* I already have a nice piece of sheer black fabric to make the veil with and a new pair of zills. hehehehe Who knows, Skywise might decide to sit in on my practice sessions! And my imp of mischief is saying "YouTube!" Smiley[smiley=drool.gif]Smiley[smiley=MDR99.gif]
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #768 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 3:58am

I've been working on Chapter 9..and the dishes...and my new purse...and dinner! Smiley I've cut some stuff out of Chapter 9 that really wasn't needed so I'm holding steady at 35 pages at the moment but I've hit one of those 'gaps' I mentioned earlier and, done right, it will probably take four or five pages to fill it in properly and I'm barely up to page 4. Smiley Like I said before. This is gonna be another "double chapter."
Dinner's ready and Skywise is home.  Time to eat!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #769 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:01am

*Yawn!* Heading out. I've been tweaking rather than writing for the last hour since I didn't want to start major writing this late. Tomorrow is another day after all! Smiley
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #770 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:00pm

Afternoon! We got our running around out of the way this morning. Wal-Mart had black chiffon and I'm now the fiendishly laughing owner of six yards of it! Smiley Since it is 45 inches wide I'm going to have to cut off a fairly wide strip so the skirt won't be too long (You wear the skirt just at your hip bones and dance with your knees slightly bend.) That will leave me with enough leftover fabric to experiment with face veils which have a time-honored tradition of hiding the dancer's identity and, in my opinion, being sexy as hell.  I'll likely get the black satin and bra that I need for the rest of the outfit on Friday, provided that W-M has an appropriately inappropriate bra to provide the base! Smiley Yes, it is my intention to incite lascivious thoughts in all and sundry! And as with all my cherished goals, I won't give up until VICTORY IS MINE! Smiley
If my saying that I was "good" made you spray your monitor with soda before...
You ain't seen nothing yet..... Smiley Smiley Smiley

Post # 11,500. Kinda appropriate.. muwahahahahaha Yeah, I'm feeling good today!
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2008 at 5:35pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #771 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 10:45pm

The eyes have been giving me fits this afternoon so I haven't gotten a lot of writing done but I got a lot of thinking accomplished so the time wasn't completely wasted. I tried out some different scenes for this part of Chapter 9 I'm working on before I came back to the comp. I think once I get this "gap" filled the writing will come more easily. I'm having to tie together what was the end of Chapter 8 with what was the beginning of Chapter 9 so they flow together and it doesn't look like a chapter break should be there.
I've got to set up a conspiracy that will come to full bloom in book 2, write an incursion by some very nasty bad guys in which Our Heroine nearly expires and, since Our Hero returned to the story with a bang (after a real life move), I'VE GOT TO SET UP AN INVASION!
All in Chapter 9. Smiley It's probably a good thing that I don't have any post transfers in Chapter 10..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #772 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 11:27pm

Creating "strong language" isn't nearly as difficult as a.) figuring out how it is pronounced and b.) conveying that information in the standardized form in the growing "Valcarian" dictionary so the eventual readers of the novel will know how it should be pronounced and, of course, c.) providing a concise definition. Smiley Smiley

And no, BR, I've yet to use "twatweasel" or any of the other interesting words you've introduced me to! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #773 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:20am

Wrestling six yards of chiffon into submission is a job and a half, especially if you are trying to avoid the offer of assistance by small catpersons....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #774 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 4:19am

Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. Things went well with the book today. I didn't get as much done as I wanted but if I had my way, I'd blast out 20 pages a day! Smiley
I'm going to go do a card draw and then head for bed. Maybe I'll get some more dream messages from my subconscious that knows more about what's going on than I do! Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40
Send TopicPrint