Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts! (Read 39169 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' IV: The Revenge of the Posts!
Reply #775 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 4:28pm

Afternoon! Skywise has the late shift tonight so I adjusted my schedule a bit this morning. Then, I had to put in for a refund at Amazon and then place another order for the item I want. Grrrrrr..... And I'm going to have to buy a set in order to get the DVD I want. Oh well, the DVDs in question are apparently out of production so I'll have extra copies of the ones I already have. It's a bit of a bummer though! I got an interesting handful of cards when I did my Goddess card draw last night. hehehehe More about that on my Journey thread! [Yeah, I know. It's a 'teaser'. What can I say? I'm practicing for when the book comes out!]
*giggle* Later!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #776 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 6:46pm

Smiley Writing's going well. I came up with another scene I needed and it's coming together nicely. Up to forty pages already and I'm barely into the chapter. *sigh* I've got a couple of loads of laundry ready to put away and another load going into the washer as soon as I hit "post" and I'm gonna dye my hair later today. Smiley
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #777 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 8:57pm

Slow moving thunderstorms are popping up/moving in. The leftovers of Gustav will be arriving later this evening but so far, it just looks like rain without any lightning/thunder/etc. to deal with. Hope so anyway. I still need to dye my hair. I might have to pull out the blow dryer to get the last bit dry so I can put the dye on.
And I've thought of something else that should go into Chapter 9. Should add 3 to 5 pages. *sign* Smiley I'm up to 41 pages now....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #778 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 11:24pm

The storms fizzled although I imagine that there are more of them to the southwest and my hair is an acceptable shade of red! Smiley  Skywise will be pleased!
Now, I suppose I should go put my shirt back on and give some attention to the novel and/or dinner preparations!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #779 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 12:08am

I'm wrestling with an uncooperative tidbit of text. I think I'll go make the tuna salad while I'm thinking. And maybe the red kidney bean salad too. And maybe roll my hair up if this dratted piece of dialog doesn't start cooperating with me! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #780 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 5:26am

Skywise won't be home for a couple of hours yet but there is laundry on the  bed that needs to be put away. Besides which, I'm so crosseyed I can barely type! That tidbit of dialog is still eluding me but at least I know what type of remark it is supposed to be. That's progress.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #781 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 6:44pm

Afternoon! Expedition is done and I'm in for the day. Skywise has the late shift again tonight. *sigh*
Also on my mind: the pure silk thread I've been looking for is apparently now "vintage" and out of production. I am NOT going to pay "vintage" prices for sewing thread! So I'm now looking for an acceptable substitute. I'll probably use regular sewing thread for the bra, hip band and other items made with satin but I want/need something extremely fine for the veils and skirt that are made of chiffon. Smiley I guess I'll go online, see what's available and then hit the fabric shops over the weekend/vacation.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #782 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 8:55pm

Just checked with FedEx, the bra and hip band patterns I ordered should be here tomorrow. Smiley Definitely going to be picking up a couple of yards of black satin tomorrow. I didn't have time to check the bras when I was in Wal-Mart last time. I want to use a commercial bra as a base since I don't think that I could make one from scratch that would be as comfortable, supporting and well fitted as a commercial bra. Besides, using a bought bra means I can skip the boring "make the bra" part and drive right into the fun "decorating" part! Smiley
And yes, I AM working on the novel while I check out a few other things! So...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #783 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 6:39am

Okay! I've made my page count Smiley and then some today. [The page count is now 48 nearly 49 pages.] A major bit has been written with major exposition added to the story. I still need to add one more thing to it but that can wait until tomorrow. I also need to come up with an exceptionally insulting word for a unethical, manipulating, sexually exploitive woman that is in no way connected to any Terran language.
I don't ask much. *sigh*

Skywise will be home soon and I still need to make out tomorrow's shopping list since it's payday. I'm heading out but I'll be back at the keyboard tomorrow. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2008 at 6:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #784 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 6:47pm

We've been back for an hour or so.  I've stopped feeling like I'm running in circles so that is a good thing. I got my satin but no bra. They had the style I wanted but not in my size. Smiley Now if I was a 300DDD, I would have had a nice selection but, alas, I'm not that ample. (Yeah, there are a lot of women locally who make me look downright anorexic!)
I'm expecting my patterns some time today.  Since I can't start "hands on" planning with the bra, I'll start with the skirt and the belt...
In the meantime, I have Chapter 9 and Skywise to keep me occupied and amused. Guess which one is which! hehehe
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2008 at 6:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #785 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 11:38pm

Skywise left for work about three hours ago.  Since, as far as I know, he isn't scheduled to work tomorrow.....VACATION STARTS AT 3 A.M.!!

I had to catch a catnap -- with the War Queen -- since Skywise both amused and occupied me to within an inch of my life! Smiley  I'm now back at the keyboard. The rest did me good since I've managed to come up with a troublesome bit of dialog that I needed. It may still get tweaked but it says what I need it to say so I'm happy.  Now maybe I can concentrate on some of the larger gaps that need filling.

I decided that I needed a dance bag.  Keeping my dance outfits in the closet is out of the question since sheer chiffon skirts, veils and persons of the feline persuasion do NOT mix! Smiley Fortunately, I already had something suitable in my collection of softsided, collapsible luggage so I didn't need to buy anything new. It is my smallest piece so I'll replace it with something larger later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #786 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 12:51am

"Gap filling" proceeds nicely. I'm going to have to make dinner soon and the cards are tugging at me.
I think I'll take a little break, decide where this piece of writing is going to go before it gets to where I need it to be and do a card draw while it's nice and quiet.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #787 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 3:09am

*Think. Think. Think.* Should I bring the 'Big Boss' into this or go with a lesser Boss. I'm of two minds. Also, how to tone down the 'silly' in that section since MoonCat isn't quite as goofy in the novel as she was in the original. Some stuff I want to keep but I think that the caffeine IV can go....

Also did a card draw a while ago and read the new ascension essay. Both were very interesting. October through the first months of next year look to be very rewarding. I'm hoping to have the book ready to shop around by mid-year, late summer at the latest, Gods willing.

Dinner's almost ready. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #788 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 6:28am

My hip shimmy practice made the house shake... Smiley Smiley I'm pleased that I'm obviously getting the movement down but I'm worried about the structural integrity of the house! 
I don't think that "damage by hip shimmy" is covered by the house insurance. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #789 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 7:00am

Skywise is home...

VACATION!!!

Heading out, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #790 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 5:45pm

The first day of vacation is underway! YaY!!
It still feels like a regular Saturday but I expect that will change when we go out for our traditional "First Saturday of Vacation Dinner" tonight.

We picked up some of the wood for the bed. Smiley  I might have to tweak the design a bit but that is another post!

A long desired book was in the mailbox when we got home and the DVD I had to reorder was there too. Now, if the bellydance music CDs I ordered would just get here. Oh hell, I'm impatient for all of it to get here! Smiley

Life is good. I'm gonna go make some tea, pull up Chapter 9 and work on it and my purse. Later.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2008 at 1:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #791 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 7:00pm

I picked up Wonder Woman #23 today and DAMN, I'm inspired! What I'm working on now wasn't in the original but it makes a certain event seem less impulsive and if I get it right, it will be a damned moving scene between the principals and set the stage emotionally for what comes later.
Back to the processing of words.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #792 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 8:52pm

I've pretty much finished the abovementioned scene. I've got it bolded at the moment so I can pick it out easily. It may be in for some tweaks but it's pretty close to what I have in mind. Oh yeah, there's gonna be consternation in certain quarters of the Castle.  hehehehehehehe!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #793 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 1:02am

Back from dinner and I just about have a "gap" filled in and smoothed out. It was a beautiful day and it is a beautiful evening. The SunLord is asleep next to me and with all the windows and most of the doors open, I can hear the night sounds.
It's starting to feel like "vacation".

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #794 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 3:27am

I'm not adding much to the page count tonight but I'm tweaking, polishing, rewriting and adding to text that I've already written. The section I'm working on is shaping up nicely. So I'm happy with the night's work so far even if I'm not blasting out pages like a crazy person! Smiley
Current plans call for going to the Indiana State Museum tomorrow.  They drained, dredged and refilled the Indianapolis Canal [which runs along side the Indiana State Museum and the museum of western art next to it] and since the weather is so gorgeous, we'll probably take a nice walk along the canal and take a paddle boat ride!  The canal is one of my favorite places in the city.  My most favorite place is at the top of the Indiana War Memorial. It has to be the most peaceful and beautiful place in the city.  We'll be going there later on during the vacation.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #795 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 3:55am

I'm getting sleepy.
We'll probably be getting up early.
I'm thinking that having my way with the guy sitting in front of the television would be an EXCELLENT way to get in the mood for sleep.... Smiley
I think that I'll take off my shirt and see what happens... Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

ETA: It's working! Nite!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #796 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 2:20pm

Morning! It's a beautiful day this morning. It was raining a bit earlier but it has moved out and the sun is coming out. The girls are still in bed and I'm sitting here in my night clothes with my tea. 
And yes, I got the desired results last night! *giggle* I don't know what time we will be heading out today. I think we are going to go a bit slower today than we did yesterday. The coming week is packed with stuff so I'm gonna relax while I can! Smiley Later! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #797 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 5:17pm

We decided to stay in and enjoy our own woods today. Skywise woke up with "allergies from hell" this morning -- not unusual the day after he cuts the grass, which he did yesterday -- and it hasn't cleared up much. Spirit and I are in a bit better shape but not by much so we will reschedule the Museum trip.
I've been working on my new purse while my brain thinks about the novel and something odd that I've been experiencing. I'll probably post about it elsewhere if for no other reason than to have a record of it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #798 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 9:03pm

Smiley We went into town for lunch. Stopped in at K-Mart and LO! I found a suitable black bra for my belly dancing top! * more Smiley * Alterations have already started. I'm going to use silver split rings to hold the straps so I change the straps easily. Right now, I'm deciding if I need to reposition the cups for... ahem... maximum effect. Once that decision is made I can start thinking about covering it with the satin. After that, I'm gonna need to dig into my supplies and see what I have on hand. I do know I'm gonna need some Size E clear glass beads.  Maybe some fine chain fringe if I can find some....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #799 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 12:44am

Back from dinner, stuffed with Pizza Hut pizza.  They completely remodeled the place after the flood in June. They have wide screen televisions now so we caught a bit of the pregame show before the game started.

Note to Everyone. Pizza Hut's Chocolate Dunkers are MAXIMUM CHOCOLATE OVERLOAD!!! Approach at your own risk!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40
Send TopicPrint