Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Lord of the Crossroads (Read 4694 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

The Lord of the Crossroads
Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Going under the assumption that we have a new kitty, I'm starting a thread for him. He doesn't have a name yet but when I called him "The Lord of the Crossroads" he bounced off of the Guest House couch and came over to me. I informed His Lordship that he needed a personal name to go with the title. He ignored me, preferring to climb up on the bed for a snooze. *sigh*  Moonie has been taking pictures and I'll get them posted -- barring sizing problems -- once they are uploaded. I'll also see if I can either bully or sweet talk Skywise into putting the entire story down so it can be posted. If HE won't get in here and do it, I'll get him to put it in a word doc and I'll post it for him!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The Lord of the Crossroads
Reply #1 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
The "Sunlord" scampered down here when Moonie let him out of the Guest House. He's now in Spirit's room and the Hearth Queen is cautiously investigating him. On the way down to the Hall, he climbed a tree -- pretty high -- and generally proved that he has been an 'indoor/outdoor' cat. He's familiar with the inside of a house and knows about litter boxes. He's not the least bit intimidated by the outdoors.
Well, the Hearth Queen has decided to retreat to the catnip bed to think about things. hehehehe

ETA: He's now sacked out on Spirit's bed under the watchful eyes of both girls. He's so cute!
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:06pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 1:01am
Print Post  
The babycat is awake and scampering around. The War Queen and the Lord of Samhain are outside. Her Majesty was particularly offended to find a stranger in the house and stalked off in a regal huff. His Lordship was somewhat less huffy. [And I'm going to have to work on a different form of address for the newcomer. Two "His Lordships" could get confusing!] Anyway, he's been scampering and playing and being a cutie pie kitten and the Hearth Queen has been watching him like a hawk. She's relaxed a bit now. She feels secure enough to go into the kitchen to eat. The babycat and Moonie will likely be sleeping in the Guest House again tonight. *sigh* Fortunately, the weather is good so having the older cats outside most of the day and night isn't as much of a problem as it would be if the weather was bad.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Things are improving slowly. The Lord of Samhain was NOT pleased to see the babycatperson in the house last night. He HISSED and the babycat dove for cover so he and Moonie spent another night in the Guest House. Skywise kept watch this morning while His Lordship and the Hearth Queen observed the baby. About half an hour ago, the baby and I left the Guest House and ran into His Lordship. There was no hissing this time, just careful observation on the part of the Lord and an almost "nose touch".  When we came in here, the Hearth Queen "didn't quite yowl" at him but she didn't swing at him or anything. We're hoping that Moonie will be able to sleep in her own bed tonight. Smiley The babycatperson has a spot in Spirit's closet that he likes so he might sleep in there. Since he can slip easily under the doors, it wouldn't be a problem if Spirit decided to close her bedroom door.
And he STILL isn't giving us the slightest clue as to what his preferred name is!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2008 at 1:43am
Print Post  
The Babycatperson has been stalking the Hearth Queen. He isn't quite brave enough to try pouncing on her tail yet but it is only a matter of time. For her part, the Queen seems highly interesting in a sock the babyboy has been lying on this evening. She's still a bit cranky -- she scratched Moonie -- but serious growling is way down.
And we may have a line on the name the babycat wants. It's still in the "testing" stage.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2008 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
*sigh* Still no perfect name for the babycatperson although if we could find a name that means "Lord and Most High Master of Mischief and Mayhem, Cause of Perpetual Consternation and White Hair" we'd be all set! Smiley

And it is thundering....

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 12:36am
Print Post  
Loki?

Black Rose

"Age and wickedness will always overcome youth and enthusiasm."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Jul 8th, 2008 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Smiley That's what Bladey named her dog.

He's named, finally. Since he couldn't make up his mind, we decided for him so he now has a 'real life' name to go with his username which is Sunlord. Now I have question. How am I supposed to get any work done with this little Font of Incredible Feline Adorableness around?

« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2008 at 1:50am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Awww!
Him's so cuuuute!

Black Rose

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 12:03am
Print Post  
Yes, he is! And he's full of kitty-beans! Smiley I've been having to get him out of both the dishwasher and the refrigerator the last couple of days. Fortunately, he has yet to discover the dryer or the oven!
And yeah, I watch for him when I have anything like that open that he can get into. I'd like for the little hairball to make it to Elder Cat-hood!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2008 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
It's official. The SunLord has worms. *sigh*  The older cats have been bringing home prey and he's sampled some of the dead ones. Come Monday or tomorrow if there is time in the morning, I'll call the vet's office and find out when we can run him in for treatment. And if HE's got worms, they will all need to be treated.
OH HAPPY DAY!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2008 at 10:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley
Good news: we didn't have to take anyone into the vet's office. We were able to pick up the medicine (Drontal Feline) at the desk.

Bad news: We had to dose the cats ourselves. The Queens got two pills each. The Lords, one each. The tech told us that the pills should be given solid but in the War Queen's case, we had to dissolve it and use a syringe to squirt it into her mouth. The Lord of Samhain fought like a wildcat and the Hearth Queen wasn't terribly happy either. HQ must have been making subaudible noises because the SunLord, who I had in my lap in another room, got very agitated while she was getting dosed.

Good news: Everyone is dosed and while murder in the night is still a possibility, no one will need stitches. (I put on a sweater and my jacket since I volunteered to "hold". Moonie helped with that. The Lord of Samhain was a handful!)

Bad news: We get to do it again in 3 weeks. Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley

IP Logged

Black_Rose
Global Moderator

Serenity Stick Thumper

Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Well, it is better than the cost of an office visit---sort of.  LOL

Black Rose

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:18am
Print Post  
SunLord had his neutering surgery today. He's still sleeping it off in front of the sliding glass door. I got a towel out of the dirty laundry and put it down. I thought he'd like it since, having been in with all our clothes, it would smell like us. He seems to approve. He's been sleeping on it since he got home. He hasn't eaten or drunk anything yet but then again, he's been solidly asleep except for brief periods of grooming since we got home. He did use the litter box immediately upon being released from his carrier.  He will be on the receiving end of much TLC for the next couple of days.
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:25am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #14 - Aug 6th, 2008 at 12:49am
Print Post  
I'm not terribly happy at the moment. Moonie discovered that someone in the vet's office took it upon themselves to clip his claws. I don't understand why they would do this. It isn't like he has an abdominal incision that shouldn't be scratched. That explains why he has been "sharpening" his claws every chance he gets today. The poor little guy can't "grab" anything! 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
We've dosed the cats with their second doses of worm medicine.
I'm bleeding.
So is Skywise.
I hope we got enough into the War Queen.
Yes, we wrapped her in a towel.
No, it didn't help in the least.
I adore my cats.
I HATE giving them medicine....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Skywise is talking "restraint bag."
Made of kevlar.
Yes, you can buy kevlar cloth online.
Have to find out how to sew it....
And I'm going to see what Drs. Fosters&Smith have in their catalog.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2008 at 6:18pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Moonie was putting away the sweet pickle relish and the Miracle Whip [we're making both red bean and tuna salads tonight] and while she was doing that, the little SunLord jumped into the refrigerator! Fortunately, she saw his little yellow/orange tail sticking out of the bottom shelf and she hauled his nosey little butt out of there before closing the door!
He also likes to check out the clean dishes in the dishwasher. Which, afterwards, are no longer clean! Nosey little piece of work! Good thing we love him to bits!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
The Further Adventures of the SunLord.

MoonCat just went outside to check on him. Called. Couldn't find him. Saw an odd shadow. Looked up. He was on the roof! *sigh* And he was too scared to get down the same way he got up. Skywise went up on the roof and fetched him down. He was a hot and scared little babycat.  He is now inside being cuddled by MoonCat.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #19 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
*giggle* Spirit is in the habit of putting the SunLord's catnip mice on the table behind the computer. He just jumped up on the table, went behind the computer and then jumped off with one of the mice in his mouth.
*more giggles* He just jumped up and fetched the other one. He's now on the floor behind me playing with them both. Lil sweetie babyboycat!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
*giggle* The SunLord has discovered the squirrels who are coming into the yard because of the walnut trees. His response is.. ah... um.... enthusiastic to say the least! *more giggles!*

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint