Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39371 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #150 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 4:03am

*sigh* I'm giving some thought as to what to wear under my costume.Skywise had a suggestion.
I pointed out that while a thong would be okay to wear when dancing for him, I really needed more "coverage" if I was dancing for someone else.
Besides, I've never been really comfortable in a thong. I mean, what's the point? Just get naked already!!
So anyway, I've been prowling around the net to see what's out there. I know what I want but I can't find it so it looks like I'm going to have to go fabric shopping and make what I want -- again. I'm going to check out some of the belly dance costume supply places and see if they have anything for a reasonable price. If not, it's back to the sewing machine for me!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #151 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 7:32pm

Afternoon! We've been busy!
We ran the Hearth Queen into the vet's this morning. She hasn't been eating and she had us worried. The vet checked her out -- he didn't hear any sign of fluid in her lungs -- and he suspects that it is a potassium deficiency since that would cause her to lose her appetite. Her meds would do that too but she's been taking them for nearly 6 weeks now and this loss of appetite thing just came on over the weekend. So he gave her a vitamin B-12 shot and a long acting antibiotic, just in case, and we got a big tube of potassium supplement of which she has already had a dose. Fortunately, that tastes good! We also got some powdered "kitten milk" at Wal-Mart which we will be shooting down her throat with a syringe later. It will get some nourishment into her until her appetite comes back. Plan B is to dig out my old blender and puree 3 packets of Whiskas moist cat food a day and shoot THAT down her! I'm really hoping that we don't have to go to Plan B. If she should decide to object, it could get messy... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #152 - Dec 23rd, 2008 at 11:14pm

We've gotten three syringes full of kitten milk down the Hearth Queen. She doesn't mind the taste -- it smells a bit like vanilla -- but she didn't care for the delivery method but since she isn't inclined to eat, we had to get ... ahem... "pro-active" about it. Moonie and I did end up with a certain amount of it on us but most of it when into the Queen.  We're give her more later on this evening since a domestic cat tends to eat frequent small meals, given a choice.
Later on, in addition to the kitten milk, she'll be getting more potassium and that nasty tasting diuretic syrup...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 6:05am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
I need to go comfort Spirit. She's crying because it is Christmas Eve and Sassy, Sebastian, Maggie and Samson aren't here along with the other Furkin we've known.  I know exactly how she feels...

Sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #154 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 9:37pm

Afternoon!
I got a late start today. Skywise and I indulged in serious and comprehensive "naughty" last night with the result being that sleep was not yielded to until about 3 a.m. and the result of that was that I didn't hit the floor until about 11:30 this morning. On the plus side, I slept like a log! Smiley I got up, grabbed some breakfast, got the Hearth Queen's meds ready -- and she did eat a bit this morning -- then hit the sheets again for more naughty... *happy sigh*
The last of the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. The shortbread dough is in the refrigerator and I'm presently figuring out how many cinnabons I can make with the amount of brown sugar I have. I was sure that I had an unopened 2 pound bag in the pantry but I can't find it so how many rolls I make will depend on how much brown sugar I have. I'll be measuring it shortly.
I'm making chili for dinner tonight so I won't have a lot of "dinner fuss" to deal with while I'm making the rolls and the cookies although I'm hoping to have the cookies done before I start dinner. *fingers crossed!* Tomorrow's dinner will be a beef roast in the crockpot so I won't be too insane tomorrow. hehehehe Right now, I'm going to get caught up and by that time, the cookie dough should be ready.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #155 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 10:38pm

I'm bad --- but in a good way! I just ordered a DVD devoted to belly dance choreography and the various aspects of performing. I don't plan on being a professional dancer but that doesn't mean that I'm not serious about it and anyone I would dance for deserves the very best that I can do. So, since the price on amazon was more than reasonable, I ordered it.
Now, I'd best get to work on that shortbread!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #156 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 1:10am

Cookies are out of oven -- eating one now -- and the chili is simmering.  We'll eat in about 40 minutes and I'll put the cinnabon roll dough together and then do my dance workout. By the time I'm done -- about 45 mintues -- the dough should be ready to roll out and fill. So far, everything is on schedule.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #157 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 7:02am

Skywise has been home for a couple of hours and I'm heading out. To paraphrase the words of Tiny Tim: "Gods bless us, every one!"
Yeah, we've been watching A Christmas Carol.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 6:11am

Evening. Hope everyone had a good holiday, especially the little DarkPrincess Alex. (Maximum hugs to the little sweetstuff!) She's a bit young yet to fully appreciate the day but still, it's her first Christmas and I bet the parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and other assorted relatives were thrilled enough for her! By next year, she will be starting to get the idea and by the year after that.... "Katie, bar the door!" as the old man across the road used to say! hehehehe!
Skywise got me the iPod nano I wanted. When we found out that it was an Apple Exclusive he figured that it might not be around when I'd saved up enough for it, so we made a fast trip to the nearest Apple store, on Indy's far northside. Suspecting that something "Apple" was in my future, I stayed in the car while he and the girls went into the mall! So I'm now the giddy owner of a blood red iPod nano. Now to assemble my playlists..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #159 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 6:48am

Skywise is home.
I'm in desperate need of "naughty!"
We still have to dose the Hearth Queen.
I MAY let him eat before I drag behind closed doors.Smiley

P.S. Be good too, you know I will be...... *more Smiley*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #160 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 12:41am

Evening. I was beginning to think I might not make it in here today! There has been a wind advisory all day (and it will last all night too) and it has been making me anxious. Skywise has been helping me cope with the "anxious". Neither one of us has gotten much done today but we don't consider the time wasted!
We finally got into Border's today and I picked up Michelle Belanger's latest book. I haven't had the chance to look at it yet -- I found it as I was heading for the checkout lanes. It wasn't shelved where I expected it to be. -- and I've been kinda "involved" since we got home.
The weather's moving in. There is a front that is sloooowwwwly sinking to the south while storms are moving from southwest to northeast along it. There is a tornado watch issued for one county way northwest of here but it's gonna be a long rainy night. At least it is above freezing or this would be an ice storm from hell. If we had gotten all the rain of the last few days as snow with the wind we've had, we would have had over 15 inches of snow with blizzard conditions, definitely in the same class as the Blizzard of '78.
I should head for the kitchen and start making "dinner preparation" type motions.  Later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #161 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 7:11pm

Afternoon!
We've been having fun with cameras. Skywise has been catching me unawares -- not to mention "underclad!" -- this morning. He's quite disappointed by the fact that what he sees when he looks at me (or what I see in the mirror) does NOT come out in photographs. He knows what the problem is and has a pretty good idea of how to correct it. We might need more software though. I'm not sure that he can get the exact result he wants with what we have. Right now, he's in the kitchen making beef barbeque out of the leftover Christmas roast. Smells good but we're going to have to go into town to get some suitable buns for this repast, plain bread ain't gonna cut it!
We've been having some interesting discussions yesterday and this morning. Something interesting happened during a dream I had yesterday afternoon and since I felt it was important, Skywise did some "work" to see if he could get any more information. He did and we talked about it meant to us and what we could and/or should do about it.  We came to some decisions and will be proceeding from there.
*giggle* Skywise couldn't wait. He's sampling the bbq on a piece of bread. I think I'll wait for the buns...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #162 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 10:32pm

Skywise is lurking around with the camera again. At least now, I have clothes on! He's testing techniques, angles and has me assuming different poses. He thinks that I should be using a photograph of myself as my avatar on MySpace instead of the artwork I use here. I told him that before I did that, I was going to need a picture that actually looks like me rather than something that sends small children screaming for their mothers. I am notorious for taking bad pictures -- as the subject, that is. I do pretty good behind the camera. Anyway, my love now has a bee in his bonnet about getting good pictures of me. We'll have to thoroughly discuss the ramifications of my undisguised face on the web, given some of the statements I've made. He could retire now if he wanted to and he will as soon as we're sure that we can make it financially on his retirement income so any negative impact on his job would be minimized so it's only the social impact that we need to be concerned with. After all, NOTHING on the web disappears as many have found to their sorrow....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #163 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 2:19am

*grin* Skywise has finally been able to get YaHoo Messenger installed and working on this comp so I have my YaHoo back finally. I'm going to reward him a bit later by dragging him off to bed for a few hours of "extremely private time". Smiley I'm gonna give him time to digest his dinner a bit -- he'll need his strength!   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #164 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 5:42am

Heading out for the night. We're going to be dosing the Hearth Queen in a bit and then I'm gonna ravish Skywise. Or let him ravish me! Whichever seems to work best at the time! Smiley And a Hearth Queen medical update: She's still not eating like a house on fire but she is eating and she's showing no signs of being underfed so I'm trying to quell my desire to stuff her like a turkey with whatever tempting tidbits I can think of and two, it has been 24 days since her last (one sided) chest tap and she's showing no signs of needing another one. *fingers crossed and prayers being offered up!*
Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #165 - Dec 29th, 2008 at 7:29pm

Afternoon. I've been trying to get caught up with everything today, got a bunch of bills paid and I'm about to start on reducing the pile of dirty laundry. I've also been experimenting with a homemade pancake syrup recipe. I think it needs a touch less maple favoring but we'll see.
Off to the laundry!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #166 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 4:05am

Well, I did it. I couldn't stop myself.
I've started work on Book 2.
I know, I know! Book 1 isn't even out of second draft yet but I have my reasons.
First, because of all the new stuff that has to be written for it, as in a whole new subplot, it's going to take a lot longer to do than Book 1.
Second, even without the new material included, Book 2 is longer than Book 1.
Third, I'm going to be using a new word processing program that is already making me insane and periodic lapses of sanity will likely slow down the process. (The reason I'm changing programs is because Apple is no longer coming out with upgrades of my beloved Appleworks and it's starting to get wonky on me. The last thing I need is sit down one morning and find out that my almost completed novel is irrecoverable because the word processing software it's written in has given up the ghost and dragged my book down into the abyss with it! There were a couple of times during the writing of Book 1 that I didn't know if I was going to be able to access a particular chapter or not. I'm less worried now that the whole book exists as a PDF. )
I have 16 chapters set up for it. At the moment, chapter one is 95 pages and some are even longer. This is without editing, of course, and before any new material goes in. If everything goes well, by this time next year Book 1 will be published and I'll be well into Book 2.

There is another wind advisory out tonight and it's making me anxious again. *sigh* I'm glad that Skywise will be home early tonight instead of late...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #167 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 11:46pm

Evening. All's quiet here. The girls and I stopped to take in the sight of the crescent moon with Venus just below it. It's clear as a bell here -- and cold, that is what all that wind was about last night -- and the sight is beautiful.

2008 will be gone in a few more hours. Considering the last three months, I'm not sorry to see it go. I'll try to be back to make a New Year's post at midnight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #168 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 2:25am

*snark!!* I've just finished changing Book 2 back over to Appleworks! I was doing the preliminary editing and I got to a spot where I needed to "bold" the text. I highlighted, clicked the little "b" at the top of the "Pages" page and....
NOTHING HAPPENED!
I tried again. Still nothing. So then I tried every way I could think of to get "bold" text and STILL zip.
I have NO use for a word processing program that requires instructions (which I have yet to find!) in order to bold, italicize or underline a word! Especially when the damned thing has so many "bells and whistles" on it that you break a sweat just trying to produce a simple manuscript page! So I've stowed all the "Pages" pages and copy & pasted everything into Appleworks docs and consequently, I might even get some work done tonight.
*again SNARK!!!*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #169 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 4:59am

Time to say it!

Happy New Year!!!!!!

I lift my glass and give the toast: "Absent friends! May they be safe and happy in the New Year! May the Gods bless them with prosperity and all good things and guide them to our door!"  And a "New Year's Midnight Kiss" to you all!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #170 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 6:10am

Heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #171 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 7:46pm

*Yawn!* Afternoon! I am SO sleepy right now. I don't know if it is because the sun is so bright or what. I slept well and, aside from a quick round of "naughty" before Skywise went to work, it's been a quiet, lazy day.
I've been trying to locate a tidbit of information in the vastness of the Web without much luck. I can't seem to refine my search parameters enough to find what I want. I'm thinking a short nap with the War Queen might be what I need. Maybe after that, my cognitive functions will come online and I'll be able to track down the info I need.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #172 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 3:01am

I’ve finished chopping Book 2 into “chapter sized” bites. I have 20 chapters -- totalling 1,178 pages.  Smiley  This is the book that has all the “text to be added, rewrite in progress” posts in it which means that the one “text to be added” line will be replaced with many lines of text. Again with the Smiley It’s all unedited  right now, of course, all the post numbers and “posted by”s have to be taken out but STILL! That is a load a pages! I told Moonie that I was getting the feeling that what I’ve been calling “Book 2” might turn out to be “Book 2” and “Book 3” which would make what I’ve been calling “Book 3” really “Book 4.” All together now, Smiley
Way back in the beginning, someone told me that we had enough material in the castle thread for a bunch of books. Looks like he was right. Yes, I admit it. He was right! I can hear him laughing now.... I guess I’ll decide “One book or two?” when I see how many pages the first ten chapters come to.  There is a LOT of ground to cover in those first ten chapters and much of it was just glanced over.  Between getting Book One published and Book 2 written, 2009 looks to be a damned busy year. If chapters 11 through 20 turn out to be Book 3, 2010 is gonna be busy too! One last time.... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #173 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 6:35am

Heading out. I've started working on Book 2, Chapter One. I definitely have two books here. Chapter 10 comes in at 557 pages -- at present -- and it's at a reasonably natural stopping point so that is where I'll likely stop. Working title on Book 2 is "Penthesilea's Descent". At least I know what I'm going to be doing the next two years..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #174 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 10:24pm

Crom's Toenails, what a day! Smiley
It started out calmly enough. We got up a bit later than usual since Skywise has the late shift tonight and went into town to deposit the girls' checks which arrived on the 31st. That done, we did a spot of shopping at Wal-Mart (gotta have kitty litter!) and came home. Skywise decided to do a simple repair on the faucet in the "main" bathroom. He had to shut the water off to the entire house since the "never to be sufficiently swore at, illegitimate descendants of canines" who put in our water lines did NOT put in any shut off valves anywhere in the system and anytime we need to do plumbing, the whole house is without water. Okay, water's off and Skywise is hard at work in the bathroom. I'm puttering in the kitchen when he comes charging in with a fitting in his hand. "We gotta go!" he said and showed me the fitting. He had started to clean the lime deposits off of it and the damned thing started crumbling in his hand. There was no way to put it back which meant that, if we wanted water in the house, we needed a whole new faucet! Out we go at speed, heading for the nearest Home Depot -- which is about 30 minutes away. We get there, charge in, head for the bathroom fixtures department, find a suitable faucet, picked up TWO of them (The second bathroom has a faucet identical to the one we were replacing and it needs repairs too. Not wanting to have to make a SECOND Home Depot run, we went ahead and got a second one.), hit the checkout, flashed the plastic and headed home. Got home, gave the Queen her meds -- which were a bit late -- and Skywise started pulling out tools and crawling under the sink. He got it put in, turned the water back on -- and yelled at me to rescue my sewing machine because the new faucet was leaking and the stream was hitting about three inches from it!  I rescued sewing machine and placed buckets under various leaks. Over the next hour there was much adjustment of fittings and turning on and off of water.  It was about three when Skywise pronounced the job "done." Smiley Tomorrow he plans to replace the faucet in the other bathroom since it's leaking too. At least we should have everything we need to do the job. Fortunately, Skywise's step-uncle was a plumber and he was good about showing him how to do things of a plumbing nature so he can handle everything but the most major plumbing projects.

In other news, the Hearth Queen is eating more, playing more, acting more like a cat and, nearly a month after her last chest tap, is showing no signs of needing another one. Since her vet seems to think that she should be on meds for the rest of her life and we want a second opinion on that, we'll probably be looking into seeing that specialist that the vet mentioned when HQ was first diagnosed now that the holidays are finally over.

My quest for "store bought" underpinnings for my dance costume has proved fruitless and I am again going to have to "make it myself." I checked out both dancewear and swimwear and found nothing that was either suitable or affordable, let alone both! Oh well, at least when I'm done making it the result will be exactly what I want at a price I can afford! I might even have some black lycra spandex around here somewhere.......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41
Send TopicPrint