Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39375 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #175 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 7:48am

Skywise will be home soon and I'm heading out. I've been working on Book 2 tonight and my little brain is tired. I'm getting into the part where things really get wild -- not to mention gross! -- and it needs to be carefully done or it could become a farce. *Yawn!* Best to continue it tomorrow.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #176 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 2:43am

Evening. It's been a long day although calmer than yesterday. Skywise decided to tackle the second faucet installation tomorrow instead of today, mainly so I could get a few loads of critical laundry done! I'm a bit "down" right now. My left knee has decided to give me fits. It feels swollen and it's sore to the touch in places. What really POs me is that I didn't DO anything today except walk and stand! And not an excessive amount of either! I could understand it if we'd been hiking in a park or hitting a museum or the sights in downtown Indy but all I did today was our usual "Saturday stuff!"  Smiley We've had dinner so I'm going to drop a 1000 mg of aspirin and stretch out on the bed. Maybe that and getting my weight off of it will help. I've gotten the first three chapters of Book 1 copied.  Maybe I'll look for typos -- I've already found a few that I couldn't see on the comp screen. Smiley
I'll try to be back later. If I'm not, don't worry. I just can't walk....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #177 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 4:53am

I'm back long enough to say good night. My knee is visibly swollen which I don't care for. It usually doesn't swell. *sigh* Anyway, I'm going to go get off of it while I wait to help dose the Hearth Queen. Judging from the amount of "feisty" she displayed this morning when it was time for her meds, I'd say that she's feeling very well indeed! Smiley Hopefully, she won't have to take them forever.

Anyway, I need to go get flat, so everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

See ya tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #178 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 6:24pm

Afternoon. First off, my knee is better. The swelling went down in the night and so far, hasn't come back. Yay!

On the other hand, I'm seriously POed. My printer has decided to be a pain in the **** today and I can't print any more chapters of the book. Bad enough that the damned thing won't print on both sides -- like it is supposed to do -- it is insisting, despite the presence of a bright, shiny and completely full black ink cartridge, to print in GREEN!  I can get around the not printing on both sides by taking the single sheets and running them through my copier (wasting only half as much paper) but that damned GREEN print won't copy dark enough and for reasons having to do with my copier, if I reset the "darkness" to compensate for the faint printing, the whole page -- background and all -- is too dark to read.
I'm not a happy camper this morning.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2009 at 6:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #179 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 7:07pm

Well, Skywise has gone downstairs to wrestle with the printer. Hopefully, he will be able to figure out what the problem is so I can get back to printing out the book! hehehehe... He was asking me about the "naughty content" of Book 1 last night. I gave him "some" info but told him that the whole situation he was asking about was entirely too complicated to go into at that particular moment and that he was just going to have to read the book if he wanted to know! Since picking up the hardcopy in its binder would be more convenient most of the time than getting on a computer -- Book One v. 2.0 is now on two desktops and my memory stick as well as being in my email "sent" box and in BR's email "inbox" -- he may have an additional motive to getting the printout done! I hope he gets it working. I've had that printer for a while but I really haven't used it that much.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #180 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 5:09pm

Morning. It's been an interesting day so far. We took the van over to the shop this morning because the engine was riding rough and we thought that the alternator might be going out. We got back from town a few minutes ago and Skywise called them to see if they had found anything. They had.
Two of the plug wires have been cut. That was the term they used. "Cut." We're going to check the wires out ourselves. If they were chewed, I'd blame critters of the squirrel persuasion. If they were just broken, I'd blame metal fatigue. If they show signs of being cut, then I'm at a loss and worried. The only place that the van had been parked before this started was the Wal-Mart parking lot (while shopping during the day) and our driveway, down at the bottom next to the house, the rest of the time. You can understand why I'm not happy with the thought of someone coming all the way down our 300+ foot driveway and messing with the van.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #181 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 10:45pm

Evening. Still wondering about the van. No point in it though until we can check out the wires ourselves. Since we first noticed the problem going into town rather than on the way back, whatever happened/was done likely occurred in our driveway...
In other news, the printer is working. The problem was not with the machine but with the instructions attached to the file. For some reason, that one chapter had printing instructions attached that indicated that it was a photograph.. What the Heck?!! Anyway, we got that straightened out and I got the thing printed. I've got the printing job half done. Since Moonie isn't using the downstairs comp at the moment, I think I'll go run off another chapter or two. I got another ink cartridge today.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #182 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 3:14am

I ran off a couple more chapters and the printer is already warning me that the ink level was low. I've already put in the cartridge that I got today so before I print any more chapters, I'm going to need to get a couple more, maybe three. I won't be getting them tomorrow though. We were considering getting the van back tomorrow if it's done but there will be freezing rain falling in the morning and I'm nervous enough while driving in perfect conditions! We'll need to go into town on Wednesday but if conditions aren't improved by then, the van will sit at the shop until Thursday. Right now, I'm just hoping that conditions won't be too bad when Skywise has to go into work.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #183 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 6:04am

Skywise is home and I'm going to head out, maybe do a little proofreading on Book 1 until it's time to dose the Hearth Queen. I'll be thinking about the dreams I've been having too and wondering what they mean.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #184 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:51pm

Afternoon, everyone!
We have ice.
Fortunately, we don't have a lot of ice and it's melting so Skywise believes that he won't have too much difficulty in getting to work.
The van's fixed and we'll get it tomorrow, most likely.
The War Queen got fed up with the SunLord beating up on the Hearth Queen this morning and slapped the hell out of him. He was quite stunned. *giggle*
Moonie saw a live mouse in the basement last night. She tried to catch it but it got away. The Hearth Queen and the SunLord watched the entire proceedings with great interest. Methinks that their recreation for the next few days is decided.
That has the potential to get messy......
I'm going to be proofreading Book 1 today and maybe doing some of the editing type work on Book 2 around other chores.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #185 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 7:55pm

I got inspired to work on my next MySpace blog post. It's beginning to make sense so I guess I'm making headway. I know what I believe but trying to write it out and make it coherent is a bit of a trial. "Some Assembly Required" definitely describes it! Smiley

And I just remembered something... I was born in a "Dragon Year" according to the Chinese Zodiac. I wonder why that thought just popped into my head..... Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #186 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 2:55am

I must have subscribers to my MySpace blog. I just checked and there have been two views already and it is barely up! I have no idea who they are since they didn't leave any comments but if they happen to read this, thanks!

Dinner is cooking. I have to get up in a minute and start peeling the potatoes but everything is going well. I think I'll proofread a few more pages while the potatoes are boiling. Off to the kitchen!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #187 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 5:17am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. He thinks that it will be safe enough for us to pick up the van. I hope so. I freely admit that driving makes me very nervous especially since on trips like this, the girls ride with me. [Why they want to risk their lives is beyond me!]  Fortunately Skywise understands this. We'll be going into town regardless. When I told Spirit that we were out of chicken, she told me that we needed to buy food! *giggle* We also need to pick up the Hearth Queen's meds.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #188 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 5:36pm

We're back from town. We got the Hearth Queen's meds so we're all set there. We stopped at the store and since it was on sale, I got 3 "family packs" of chicken. I'll get more on Friday and even though it had snowed, we picked up the van. They saved the wires for us. They were chewed through. We suspect the squirrels. There was a severe nut shortage this fall and the squirrels are being more aggressive in their foraging. Now we're trying to figure out how to keep them out from under the hood!!

IP Logged

PD
God Member

aka ~ Brat

Reply #189 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 6:59pm

Goodness me its been a long time since I've been here!  Well since I was last here, I have finally gotten out of that hell hole that is boarding school and now doing a catering course at the local college.  Yes folks, I'm training to be a chef...licence to be stressy!

Apart from that life has been pretty much as norm, just me and my dog (unfortunately my little terrier died last month, bless him) at home in the middle of the british countryside.  I've also discovered that I can do ballroom dancing which is damn good fun!

Anyway enough of my rambles!

~ BRAT ~
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #190 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 7:21pm

Smiley I wondered where you had gotten to but I figured that it was an overdose of "real life" and you'd be back. Sorry to hear about your little dog. We've had some losses here too. I know how much it hurts. I'm doing belly dancing -- or working on it at least! -- and that's fun too!
Anyway, get caught up and don't stay away so long! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #191 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 8:15pm

Oh goodie! The DVD I've been waiting for arrived today. It's a three hour instructional on the basics of putting a professional belly dance show.  I'm especially interested in the costuming section (never know when you will find an easier way to make something or find something that you HAVE to have!), the make up section (I'm not a big one for make-up but I understand its importance. Especially so in my case since, when I dance, I won't be wearing my glasses and my eyes will need emphasis.), floorwork (I love floorwork if I can just get my knees to cooperate! Maybe things will improve when I make "fighting weight." Smiley and how to select music and put together a choreography. I already have the companion CD so I'm all set.... *rubs hands together....*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #192 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 10:01pm

I snuck off and watched part of the DVD. I'm happy with it, the instructor is very personable. I tried doing some floorwork. The knees objected strenuously so that idea is going to have to be put on the back burner indefinitely. POOP! Oh well.... the rest of me moves just fine! Smiley As soon as the Yule tree is down and stowed for the year I'm going to switch to another training DVD that has a few more moves on it. I find I start getting "stale" if I stay with one DVD too long and I was feeling a bit impatient last night with the one I'm using now so it's about time to switch. Fortunately, I've built a good library of instructional videos.
It's seriously snowing right now. Or at least, the wind is making the snow swirl around so that it looks serious. I'm glad the weather settled down long enough for us to get into town, get our stuff and pick up the van.
Hmmmm.... lights keep flickering. Better hit "post."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #193 - Jan 7th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Smiley Chapter One of Book Two starts a few hours after the end of Book One and right now, it looks a bit... abrupt, I think. I'm definitely going to need a short synopsis for the unsuspecting who might pick up Two without having read One. *head desk* THAT'S going to be a job! Bringing the reader up to speed in two pages or less, probably less! Book Two hits the ground running and just doesn't let up until around what is currently Chapters Five/Six. Then it takes a deep breath and dives right back in again. I don't even want to THINK about Book Three. At least I know how Four will end and that is an enormous load off of me. Emotionally, I didn't know how I was going to write the ending that has been lodged in my head for nearly three years now.  I don't know what has changed that's made it possible to consider something other than that tragic outcome but something has.  Now all I'll have to do is figure out what comes between the beginning (decided back in '06) and the ending (decided this week). At least one war, I think.....
But first... Publish One.  Write Two.  Publish Two. Write Three. Publish Three. THEN WORRY ABOUT FOUR!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #194 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 2:46am

Dinner's ready and I'm making some headway on Bk 2/Chapter One. Mostly taking the posts that I'm keeping and putting them together in some kind of order. The section I'm working on was "live posting" and things tended to jump around a lot. I also had to write some simultaneous action for Our Hero to explain his dramatic and blood covered entrance a while later and I have to weave between the party and Our Hero's adventure.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #195 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 5:21am

Skywise is home and munching on chicken. I'm heading out. *Yawn* It's been a long day. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #196 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 4:27pm

Morning!
We have snow.
We also have sunshine. NOT a good combination for light sensitive eyes like mine! This may be one of those days where I wear my sunglasses indoors until nightfall. I'm hoping that the cloud cover moves back in....
Gonna go get some breakfast before it's lunchtime.
I'm thinking of putting up some pictures Moonie took of me while we were hiking last September in my mySpace album. I'll see what Skywise thinks.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #197 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 8:07pm

We have a nice thick cloud cover now but it is still uncomfortably bright. I'm keeping the curtains closed as much as I can. Eyes still hurt. Days like today, I really wish we lived underground...

Omm... nevermind.....

And still thinking about the pictures....
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #198 - Jan 8th, 2009 at 11:53pm

*neck crack!* Book 2/Chapter 1 looks like it's going to be 2 chapters. It's up to 56 pages already and I haven't even begun to cover all the ground that needs to be included in the first chapter. Several incidents that were covered in other threads on the original site need to be rewritten and put in now. *sigh* Methinks I'd better go load the dishwasher or it isn't going to get done tonight and we're getting low on clean plates....

I rearranged the living room today so the "fabric and PVC pipe" kitty castle I bought can go next to the front window. The SunLord likes it there. He can lounge in comfort while watching the birds at the feeder.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #199 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 2:22am

Penthesilea wrote on Jan 6th, 2009 at 5:51pm:
Afternoon, everyone!
We have ice.
Fortunately, we don't have a lot of ice and it's melting so Skywise believes that he won't have too much difficulty in getting to work.
The van's fixed and we'll get it tomorrow, most likely.
The War Queen got fed up with the SunLord beating up on the Hearth Queen this morning and slapped the hell out of him. He was quite stunned. *giggle*
Moonie saw a live mouse in the basement last night. She tried to catch it but it got away. The Hearth Queen and the SunLord watched the entire proceedings with great interest. Methinks that their recreation for the next few days is decided.
That has the potential to get messy......
I'm going to be proofreading Book 1 today and maybe doing some of the editing type work on Book 2 around other chores.
Later.

Found the mouse. Dead. Intact and not yet stinking fortunately. Have no idea what killed it since I found it in a bucket. It's not likely that one of the cats put it there. Anyway, it has been removed to the great (frigid) outdoors....

Bk 2/Chapter 1 is now up to 58 pages and the opening is a bit smoother. I'm going to be starting the pizzas as soon as Moonie is done shredding the mozzarella -- hope she doesn't eat all of it! -- so I probably won't write much more tonight. Tomorrow's payday and I need to make out my shopping list! 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41
Send TopicPrint