Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39397 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #200 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 5:37am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Tomorrow's payday so there will be much running around in the morning.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 12,000   Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2009 at 5:45am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #201 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 5:35pm

Afternoon! We're back from town. Smiley I'm ready to make some fresh iced tea, get my shoes off, my house slippers on and, while taking care of chores, see what sort of literary mischief I can get into. Dinner's already decided so I don't have to worry about that.  There's supposed to be another winter storm moving in this evening but I'll worry about that later. Not that worrying will change a thing!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #202 - Jan 9th, 2009 at 10:33pm

I LOVE TURKISH CABARET STYLE BELLYDANCING!!!

Observation: I may have to have bionic knees installed before I can actually dance in that style. Oh well, it gives me something to work toward and never let it be said that I take the easy path!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #203 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 4:55am

Skywise is going to be home soon so I'm going to head out. If the weather is as rotten tomorrow as it is supposed to be, I'm gonna lobby HARD for putting our "Saturday stuff" off until another day! I'm (mentally) very tired and really don't feel like a "white knuckle" trip to Greenwood for any reason! And if we get the rain, sleet, freezing rain and snow that's in the forecast, it will be "white knuckle time" just getting out the front door!

So, everyone sleep well and be safe, especially if your weather is as rotten as ours! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #204 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:59pm

Afternoon! So far so good on the weather front. We've had rain and fog but no ice so far.  We stayed in today which pleased me. There is nothing that we were going to do today that can't wait. Skywise and the girls have been using the computers this morning. I've been proofing Book One.
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #205 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 8:48pm

Skywise and I have been playing with the built in chat and video conferencing on these computers. So far, the chat works pretty well but the video and audio conferencing still isn't working right. We haven't figured out why yet. I just ran across an article about the fact that all the flu in the U.S. right now seems to be resistant to Tamiflu. Oh joy..
Here's the link.  http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/01/08/america/09flu.php

Makes me glad that we're religious about flu shots.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #206 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 5:21am

It's been a lazy day. I got a couple of chapters proofed and when to another site to make sure that I have all the reference I may need for Book 2. It's gonna be tricky keeping everything straight in the first few chapters. There are likely to be some unhappy people due to the cuts I made but that part of the story HAD to be simplified and as much as I hate unpleasantness after what I have had to deal with already, what's a little more "turbot" thrown in my direction? Books One through (I hope) Four will have my (pen) name on them so they're going to be the best I can do and I'll decide what goes and what stays. *sigh* Didn't mean for this to be a mini-rant. It's just reading those posts reminded me about how it was then. The bad was a massive toothache with a migraine on the side but the good, was very good indeed....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #207 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 5:43am

We've dosed the Queen and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #208 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 7:51pm

Afternoon! I've been proofing this morning and I'm taking a break. Still no sign of nasty weather but it has gotten cold. There is more weather foolishness on the way so we may get a load of the white stuff yet but for the moment, it is just cloudy which suits me. It's dreary but the roads are dry which is what I care about!
I'm gonna go get caught up. Be back later....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #209 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 3:22am

I'm back! Skywise has been downloading today so I've been proofing Book One and composing some entries for the Valcarian Codex. They aren't ready yet but I'm getting there. I had to look up some info and then crunch numbers. Still have some work to do but I'm hoping to have this particular piece done this week.  I still have to write pieces on the Living Vampire Virus and Area Effect Suppression Fields and get the last few entries in the glossary hammered out. *thud*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #210 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 4:59am

Sleepy writer person here and I'm going to head out. I need to stay up for another hour or so to help dose the Hearth Queen and I think I'll proof book one for a bit. *Yawn* I've just started on chapter 6 so I have a ways to go. Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #211 - Jan 12th, 2009 at 5:14pm

The Hearth Queen died at approximately 10:35 a.m. this morning.  Her name was Mischief and she was.
Bast was merciful. Her suffering was short and the end quick.  She died in MoonCat's arms which was only fitting. The ground is frozen but Skywise has gone out to dig her grave. I'll post her memorial later. Right now, I have other duties.
Goodbye, dear one.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #212 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 2:37am

“Life” Auto-pilot engaged.

“Going through the motions” subroutine running.

Skywise didn’t go to work today and dinner is done. I’m going to drug myself with melatonin and try to sleep. I’ll check in periodically but I probably won’t be posting much for a while. How long “a while”, I don’t know.  The Hearth Queen is free of pain and suffering. She runs with Bast and her fosterlings, Sassy, Sebastian and Samson. That, and the promise of reunion, is our only solace. Cry
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2009 at 2:38am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #213 - Jan 13th, 2009 at 3:15pm

Morning.. The melatonin worked last night. It took it a while to overcome my hyperactive thought processes but I was exhausted so once it took hold, I was gone.
I've had a little breakfast and, so far, it's staying put. Here's hoping that continues.  Something happened at around 11:30 p.m. last night. I'll post about it later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #214 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:05pm

Afternoon. Dealing with a certain amount of physical fatigue now but nightly doses of melatonin are helping. The mental and emotional fatigue will be harder to deal with but I'll manage, all it will take is time.  We realized yesterday that it had been exactly two months between Mischief's first chest tap and her passing. Sad but somehow appropriate. The ground was cold but not frozen hard when Skywise was digging her grave and I was able to gather a lot of catnip -- some of it still a bit green -- for her grave offerings. That was Monday. On Tuesday the weather turned really cold and today it is snowing. So I guess she decided to pass when she did so we could bury her like we wanted to. She probably had other reasons as well but she was always a considerate cat. She departed on her own terms and strangely enough, that helps. We started seeing signs almost at once that she's haunting the place.  It certainly "feels" like she's still here.....

Grief or not, auto-pilot or not, I have "work" to do on myself. Some of my goals have been met -- YAY! Smiley -- and that means new affirmations to create and old ones to be put aside or modified. The closer I get to achieving my goals, the louder the naysayers get. Since most of them are in my head (and dead besides!), telling them to "get the hell away from me and go do something obscene, indecent and anatomically impossible!" doesn't work so well.  So I'm going to have to fight the negative voices in my head with positive ones and since the negative ones have a head start several decades long, my work is cut out for me! Still, I've made good progress so far so I have reason to be optimistic. As for the naysayers outside my head, *sigh* I've reached the point where I feel a bit sorry for them. Not enough to give up so they can feel justified, mind, but I pity them their inability to accept what is and will be and that their perception of me and what I can do is wrong. I guess I'll just have to "flow" some "hope you can find acceptance" energy at them and let it go at that. That, and not letting them know what's going on with me.  It's hard keeping quiet about my goals but I really don't want to expend any more energy defending them.  I'm looking at a pretty steep uphill climb, getting published, writing the next book, getting that published, writing and publishing books 3 and 4 and a HEAP of "work" on myself to get "my self" to where I want to be psychologically. There is nothing like a "loving family" to really screw up your head, especially when they start when you're young and I'm going to need all my energy to grab those inner voices by the throat and strangle them into silence. So the "real life" naysayers are going to be kept in dark and out of the loop until all my current goals are accomplished. Then I'll set some new goals and if the naysayers haven't learned by then, back out of the loop they will go again! Smiley So here's my personal declaration:

I am going to succeed! Hear that world? I'm not giving up, no matter what. I've come too far to give up now and I don't care how long it takes.  I'm gonna have it all. And then some....      
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2009 at 8:42pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #215 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 11:24pm

*sigh* It's going to be bitterly cold tomorrow, windchill at between 10 to 20 below in this part of the state. I'm glad that we got everything done today that we needed to in town. Since we needed to go to the vet's office to settle the bill, we got a few odds and ends at Wal-Mart and got gas for the car so Skywise has an almost full tank for the trip home tonight. I'm be glad when he  gets home....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #216 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 5:20am

On my mind.... memories of sweet, "kitten faced" Mischief and... April 7, 2006....
I will always remember...

Skywise will be home soon and I'm tired. I'm going to get Book One and proof for a while. I finally got all the chapters copied. This sucker is HUGE! Heavy too!!  I've got it stuffed in a binder that's supposed to hold 500 sheets. The manufacturer must mean 500 sheets of 20 pound paper. I used 24 pound since I copied it on both sides and I need for it to stand up to "marking" without bleed through.
Anyway, everyone sleep well, be warm and be safe. Smiley Smiley

And with "He's a Pirate!" from PoTC: Curse of the Black Pearl in my ears, I call it a night......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #217 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 3:53pm

Morning.
It's 4 below zero.
'Nuff said.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #218 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 6:54pm

The SunLord has decided to assume his place as Mischief's rightful heir. In the 20 minutes before Skywise left for work, SunLord found an unopened package of "sanitary supplies" that hadn't been put in the bathroom and tore into it, pulling out one of the pads and mercilessly killing it. We chased him out of that and he promptly went into the main bathroom and attacked the toilet paper roll. Not content to simply unroll it, he got his claws and teeth into it and produced a respectable mound of shredded TP in record time. He's also been ambushing the War Queen, who isn't terribly amused by it.
Somewhere, the Hearth Queen's spirit is laughing......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #219 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 9:55pm

My feet are cold.
Or rather. My ankles above my nice warm slippers are cold. I gotta make an afghan to keep next to this comp to cut the draft that goes under the table.  
The next time we're in Wal-Mart or Target, we're going to get electric blankets for the girls' beds. We'll probably have to use dynamite to get them out of bed on cold mornings once they get a taste of the toasty warmness of electric blankets!
I realized this morning that I need a jewelry chest. Not a box, but a chest. Since I got my ears pierced a few years back, I've been collecting earrings and now that I'm belly dancing (sorta! Smiley ) I find myself wanting suitable earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, belly chains and ankle bracelets. *giggle* And I really need somewhere to keep all of it! Preferably neatly and in one place. So after I check the above mentioned stores for electric blankets, I'll see what they have in the way of jewelry storage. I hope I can find something in ebony  with silver hardware. That would be SO cool!
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2009 at 3:56am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #220 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 1:10am

It got up to 4 degrees today. It's currently zero. *sigh* The mild weather was too good to last. Wishing the Hall was earth-sheltered right now, keeping it warm would be easier and less expensive. Unfortunately, you can't earth-shelter an existing house. If you could, I'd be looking into the price of dirt! I turned the thermostat up a couple of degrees to counteract the drafts and get the house a bit warmer before I start dinner. The thermostat is located where it is influenced by the oven and every time I bake something, the thermostat thinks the house is toasty and either turns on the A/C or shuts off the furnace depending on the season! *sigh* Oh well, a new Smallville just started with the Legion of Super-Heroes as guest stars. Hot damn, this is gonna be good!
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2009 at 2:00am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #221 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 3:45am

It's currently 3 below.. Smiley 'Nuff said.

I've been off collecting reference material while the pizza crust rises. I can see things much more clearly now. Specifically, how I was manipulated by certain hypocritical she-snakes who are, thanks be to the Gods, no longer part of my life. The fact that they are now suffering the consequences of their actions since revealing their true colors affirms my faith in the essentially just nature of the Universe. We've had plenty of grief these last nearly 3 years but, on the whole, things are going well and I expect them to get better.  I know what I want for myself and my family and it is only a matter of time before we get it.  "What goes around, comes around," as the saying goes and I know what I've been sending out..... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #222 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 5:28am

It is 6 below. Smiley More than 'nuff said!!!!!

Skywise is home safe and not frozen. His duties had him outside a good deal today/tonight. Fortunately, he knows how to dress and he stayed warm.

I'm heading out now. Everyone sleep well, stay warm and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #223 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 3:33pm

Greetings from the deep freeze!
It was 10 below when Skywise got up about ninety minutes ago and it's 7 below now. The furnace was running too much so Skywise set the thermostat back and I'm probably going to bake something later in the day to help take the chill off! Spirit, sensibly, is still under the covers and Moonie is in her room wrapped up and playing her Wii.
I need food. Later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #224 - Jan 16th, 2009 at 4:46pm

It's warmed up to zero.
I've found a crochet pattern for leg warmers. I'm thinking of adapting it for arm warmers too.  Good thing I'm a "crafty" little thing!
And the price of a barrel of oil -- according to the little "ticker" on the dashboard -- is a penny a barrel. I wish! *giggle* Methinks someone's got a software glitchie.....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41
Send TopicPrint