Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39361 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #250 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 7:20am

*Yawn* Skywise will be home in about 30 minutes and I'm going to go ahead and head out now. My knee is still hurting a bit so not practicing tonight was the right decision. I'm going to take some more aspirin and hopefully, I'll be okay by tomorrow. I got some proofing done and I'm nearing the end of the book. I'm going to have to get my list of possible publishers made up pretty soon...

Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #251 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 5:07pm

Afternoon! Skywise is already on his way to work. He has a work related class today so he had to leave super early. On the plus side, he should be home by 10:30 tonight.
I've been proofing this morning. I'm about halfway through chapter 12, only two and a half chapters left to proof. I'm hoping to have that done by the end of the week. Right now, I'm going to get my tea and get caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #252 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 9:47pm

One chapter left to proof... Smiley I don't know if I'll finish tonight or not. My eyes are about to stage an armed insurrection but the proofing will be done by tomorrow night at the latest. Then I'm going to give myself a week and a half to make the corrections and do any tweaking that might be needed. I've made a few notes here and there. THEN, I'll dig out my 2009 Writer's Market and start making a list of potential publishers. Again..Smiley Moving into a whole new arena now, bookwise, that's both exciting and a little scary.

The knee has done pretty well today so I'm going to be doing my dance practice in about an hour or so. Spirit took the Yule tree down this afternoon and put it away so I have a bit more room to move! Skywise will be home much earlier than usual so I have to remember to start dinner accordingly.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #253 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 12:09am

Dance practice is done. I had to stop a couple of times when one or both knees complained but it wasn't too painful so it's all good.

It's full dark now. My time. Thinking about what will change when the book is published. Concentrating on the positive aspects of those changes.  I can only speculate about specific changes but I'm confining my speculations to positive things only -- stuff I want to happen. No sense in worrying about "might happens" in the "bad category" when I can entertain myself with "might happens" in the "pleasant category". Smiley Yes, I'm an evil little thing. Skywise points it out regularly and wouldn't have me any other way!

I'll be starting dinner pretty soon. The meat is about thawed enough to work with. I haven't decided if I'll look at another dance DVD tonight or go back to proofing. I really feel the urge to proof if my eyes will cooperate. I "know" somehow that getting this book finished and published is very important somehow. Not absolutely sure why but I'm formulating some guesses. Time will tell if my intuition about the matter is right.

Penth... dinner... remember?

I SO need a cook.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #254 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 2:22am

Dinner is almost ready and I'm about halfway through the last chapter. I may get it done tonight. We'll see.  If not, it will be finished tomorrow and I'll start on the corrections.

I put an offering on Mischief's grave a bit before sundown. I miss her....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #255 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 5:59am

Skywise is home.
Proofing is done.
Heading out to be naughty as hell!Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #256 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 6:25pm

Afternoon! Skywise spent the morning downloading a document from NASA (an Apollo 11 Mission report, I think) and once that was done, we headed into town since Spirit informed us last night that we needed to buy "people food." (We were out of popcorn and her favorite cereal.) We got the people food and a few other bulky things so we won't have to get them tomorrow which is payday a.k.a. "Buy Everything in Sight" day so anything we can get ahead of time is good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #257 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:55am

Workout's done and some other chores are too. Smallville is about to start so it's all good.  After that, I'll load the dishwasher and start dinner.
Later.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #258 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 3:10am

Smallville was good. I especially liked the Tess Mercer/Lana Lang catfight which was a real fight and not a kicking, scratching, hairpulling farce. The revelation about Tess's eyes was a stunner too.

Afterward, I watched a dance DVD that I've been wanting to look at. I got some good "style" ideas for the choreography that I'm designing to dance myself. Fortunately, it comes with and without floorwork since while I love the look of floorwork, I'm not going to be doing it any time soon! The rest of the choreography used basic and intermediate moves which I'm familiar with if not yet proficient. Practice. Practice. Practice!

I had the urge to grab my Goddess Cards a while ago. They had a lot to tell me but it all boiled down to confirmation that my present course/strategy is the right one.  So it is "full speed ahead" while blasting the torpedoes out of the water with laser guided rockets! Smiley I mean, why "damn the torpedoes!" when you can use them for target practice?

Time to get on the dishes. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #259 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 6:10am

Dishes are done. Dough is rising and I'm getting ready to fry the sausage. I'm going to head out now since in addition to finishing the pizzas, I have to make out my shopping lists for tomorrow plus the bank deposit slips and I want all that done before Skywise gets home. He has the early shift tomorrow -- naturally! -- and we will be hitting the ground running in the morning.  No time for "naughty" until Friday night, unfortunately. *sob!*
Oh well... "anticipation" and all that! Smiley Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #260 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 2:42pm

I'm up. Sorta.
And awake. Ditto.
I HATE it when he has the early shift on payday after the late shift the night before... It's too damn early and this little nocturnal person needs her sleep! There is definitely a nap in my future. *Jaw cracking yawn....*
Getting ready to stagger out. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #261 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 5:34pm

Home! Smiley I've already shed my shoes and my feet are MOST relieved! I took on a load of caffeine at lunch so I'm human -- barely -- right now. I'm going to go hunt up my house slippers and make a fresh pitcher of tea. Once Skywise is on his way, I'll settle in and start correcting Book One.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #262 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:31pm

I'm back. A nap was necessary, I couldn't keep my eyes open so I'm just getting started on the corrections and I have some chores to work in around them. I also have to practice but I'm much more likely to do well after said nap and resting my knee which had been complaining. (Better now.)

I think I've found a suitable piece of music to back the choreography I'm working on -- the one I intend to learn. I'll need to listen to it a lot more but it is a slow piece -- most of the music I have is fast -- and the percussion seems right for what I have in mind. 

I guess I'd better throw a load of clothes in the washer and get busy cleaning up the kitchen. I'll be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #263 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 2:08am

Practice is done -- knee gave me some grief so I had to stop from time to time -- and so are most of the chores on today's list. Gonna fix dinner next and then see. I might do another load of clothes if they will get dry in time -- some of his shirts maybe -- and more correcting. Or I might just do corrections and leave the rest of the laundry for tomorrow after we get back.
Now... FOOD!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #264 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 5:37am

I've gotten the first seven chapters corrected and managed to find a few more things to fix as I went through. Skywise is home and since my eyes are killing me, I'm heading out for the night.  I don't know how much I'll be here tomorrow. Skywise was heard to mutter something about keeping me in bed most of the weekend, or as much of it as is practical. He's promised Spirit a trip to the Children's Museum on Sunday so that will cut into his planned "naughty" activities. hehehe! But STILL!
In any event, everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #265 - Jan 24th, 2009 at 8:31pm

Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley Crom's Toenails, what a day! We started late to begin with but I'd already loaded up the van with the stuff we intended to drop off to recycle and off we went. We pulled onto the highway and we heard a very alarming noise. Skywise immediately turned around and we headed home. He drove while I had a serious talk with Hermes on the subject of us getting there. Finally we pulled into the driveway and I breathed a big sigh of relief and thanked the God. Skywise got under the hood and located the problem -- slipped belt and a bearing going out. *sigh* We then got in the car -- the recyclables will have to wait -- and headed out again. We got back about 15 minutes ago. Smiley[smiley=shocked019.gif]Smiley We will make arrangements to have the van towed to the shop on Monday since Skywise doesn't want to drive it another inch until it's fixed.
I need tea. Desperately. Later....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #266 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 5:58am

Well... it certainly is later.
Skywise had a project and needed the comp so I took a much needed nap, finally got that tea, found the ONLY map of the continent that Keyholder's Castle is located on and am making plans to somehow get the entire enormous thing (it's something like 4 feet by 6+ feet) on the computer and last but not least, watching dance DVDs for ideas for my choreography. The first one I'm doing -- which would be part of a longer program in a professional show -- is a ciftetelli. It's done at a slow tempo so I'm pretty sure that my knees can handle it. I was looking at a "sword dance" on another DVD that is SO cool with lots of martial arts moves incorporated in it but I know that, like turkish cabaret style bellydancing, I'm gonna need bionic knees installed before I can learn that particular choreography! Designing my own sword dance is not out of the question, however! Smiley More research will be required! Right now, I'm attempting to figure out how far Keyholder's Castle is from it's planet's equator which is info I need for map making. And here you thought that all a writer had to do was write the book! *giggle* When you are writing fantasy and/or science fiction set in a "non-earth" locale you have to figure all this sort of stuff out, if only for your own reference to keep from making embarrassing mistakes that some eagle eyed reader WILL catch if you goof up.
I probably won't post again tonight so everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #267 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 4:17pm

And a chilly good morning to you! Yeah, it's cold again. Dang arctic air masses! It's spitting snow too. Oh well, March isn't that far off now. I've already put dinner in the crockpot so that's taken care of today. Now, I'm going to go see what sort of trouble I can get into.
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #268 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 4:47pm

It seems that my ability to get into mischief is gonna be curtailed for a while. As soon as Skywise is out of the shower -- Smiley -- we're heading out to the Children's Museum with lunch thrown in there somewhere. Maybe a little shopping too if it isn't too late when we get out of the museum.
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #269 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 10:19pm

We're back! Dinner smells delicious but we ate before coming home so it will be a while before I fix the rest of it. My feet are very happy to be out of my shoes and I'm going to go hunt up my fuzzy slippers!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #270 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 6:22am

*Yawn!* This sleepy little writerperson is heading out. My dreams the last two nights have been "interesting" and I'm kinda wondering what tonight's "dreamtime" has in store for me. They seem to be "progressing". If so, tonight could be very "interesting" indeed!
*Yawn again!* Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #271 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 6:36pm

Afternoon! It's been busy so far.  We had a lot to get done since there is a storm headed this way and the weather dudes are calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow and maybe other "wintery mix" foolishness starting late tonight or early tomorrow. Naturally, Skywise has the late shift until Friday. So anyway, we got up, ran into town, stopped at the auto shop and explained the problem. They're going to have a guy come out here and check it out. If they can fix it here -- which I kinda doubt -- they will, otherwise they will have to take it in. They agree that it shouldn't be driven so it will have to be towed. The "upside" is that the problem is probably still under warranty since it is something that they had worked on earlier.  Then we hit Wal-Mart, got some wild bird food and other stuff (I got some "basic black" leggings to wear for dance practice.), hit Burger King for lunch, the electric company to pay the bills for both houses and then home! Total elapsed time: about ninety minutes. Smiley

My jewelry order came today so I have all the settings that I need. I'm going to order the onyx pieces I need next and get the order sent off today. I didn't want to order the onyx until I was sure I was going to have the settings for them. After that, I'm going to order the bells I've been looking at for my dance costume and then I should be done for a while!
Right now, I'm going to go try on my new leggings and thaw out my feet! Later... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #272 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 10:10pm

Skywise left about 40 minutes ago. So far, no snow or other nonsense. *fingers crossed!*
SunLord is asleep behind the computer. He's dreaming and his tail is sticking out from under the computer screen and flicking.
Oh! Now he's awake and has jumped down for a snackie...
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2009 at 10:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #273 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 1:23am

I've finished three loads of laundry and corrected three more chapters. I'm going to have to take a break from that 'cause the eyes have picked today to give me fits! It's going to be a while before dance practice so I think that I'm going to watch some instructional DVDs that I haven't started using yet. I've got some ideas and I want to see what movements are available to do what I want. Smiley Smiley

The auto shop still hasn't picked up the van. If they wait until morning, they may have a time getting out here and back to the shop with it. We parked it halfway down the driveway but our driveway is a Smiley when it is icy and/or snowy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #274 - Jan 27th, 2009 at 2:24am

Checked the DVds, nothing particularly useful. Guess I'll have to fake it.
Dishwasher's loaded and running. I'm thinking I'll start my dance practice in about a half hour or so and start on dinner when I'm done. At least the schedule calls for the late shift all this week -- subject to change with little notice -- so we can get into a routine for the week.
And... it's snowing....
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2009 at 2:28am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41
Send TopicPrint