Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39285 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #300 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 4:08am

Dance practice. Check.
Wash practice clothes. Check.
Vacuum the living room rug. Check.
Wash dishes. Check.
Insert page numbers in Book One: Check through Chapter 7.
Pizza crust rising. Check.

I've been thinking about that quote I mentioned yesterday. I haven't had a chance to post it yet but I will, tomorrow maybe along with commentary.  Right now, I need to continue working on my list as dinner is not yet done. Sausage frying is next....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #301 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 5:32am

Dinner's done and I've put in page numbers through Chapter 8. Skywise will be home soon so I'm going to call it a night. I've got some heavy thinking to do and I'd like to get some of it done before he gets home. Smiley The man can be kinda "distracting", if you get what I mean! Smiley Smiley

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #302 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 2:43pm

Skywise: We have two inches of snow and it's still coming down. It must be Tuesday.

Morning. I got up to investigate and we do have snow this morning.  We have wind too which makes it interesting. *sigh* We were going to go down to Floral Gulch this morning. I don't know if we'll go now or not.  It's supposed to be warm enough to rain on Saturday so the weather people are talking "flood warning." Oh happy day.
I NEED TEA. Or I may just go back to bed and hide.....
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #303 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:51pm

I went back to bed for two hours! Smiley Then, since we needed to gas up the car anyway, Skywise got us all up and we headed for town. The back road was a bit iffy but the highway was okay so after gassing up, we headed for Floral Gulch. It was "interesting" since there were Smiley driving like the road was clean and dry which it certainly was NOT! Anyway, we got to the Gulch, had lunch and got the stuff that Skywise was looking for. I picked up another romance novel -- nothing like steamy reading on a cold night, especially when it will be hours before Skywise gets home! On the downside, slogging through the snow, both old and new, left my knees throbbing by the time we got home and I could barely walk. No dance practice for me tonight! Maybe not tomorrow night either, we'll have to see. Since I can't dance, I've been working on my dance routine "playlist". I've tracked down a CD that I think has the extended version of a piece I need. I'm going to try to find it at Half Price Books before I order it from Amazon. It's still in production so I should be able to find it.

Now, I'm going to go do some dishes until my knees decide to object then I'll be back.
Later....

Post # 12,121

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #304 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 2:41am

I'm getting ready to start dinner. My knees will bend now without too much protest but they are still raising hell with me if I demand too much of them which is why I'm in front of the computer right now -- comfy chair -- instead of in the kitchen already working on dinner.

I've been going through our soundtrack collection looking for suitable dance music that is outside what is "traditional" for belly dancing. I've been trying to mix and match traditional pieces with other music. The results aren't as harmonious as I'd hoped and I'm still looking. It's easier to choreograph a dance to fit the music rather than to do the choreography and then find music to fit it which is why I'm wearing out my ears and my brain listening everything that I can think of that might be suitable. I hope that I can find that previously mentioned CD over the weekend.

Being in pain is tiring and I suspect that I'm going to make an early night of it, late shift or no late shift. Right now, I'm gonna head back into the kitchen and I'm not coming back until dinner is in the oven!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #305 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 5:19am

Dinner is done and eaten. I think I'm going to take another dose of aspirin and get ready for bed. Stretching the legs out -- plus the aspirin -- should make it possible for me to walk in the morning! That's what I'm hoping anyway!

I went to Amazon and dug through the reviews of the CD I'm considering and finally found confirmation that it does have the song I want on it so I will be getting it one way or another.  

*Yawn* This isn't getting me into bed. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

And I didn't forget about that quote. I just didn't feel like doing much today with my knees throbbing. I'll probably be doing some work in the playbook while I'm waiting for Skywise to get home and I'll think about it then.
Nite!  

Post # 12,123
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2009 at 5:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #306 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 5:54pm

Afternoon! We just finished breakfast. Yeah, we got what most people would consider a late start this morning but that's how it is with us. My firstmeal of the day yesterday was a  six inch, double meat roast beef sandwich on wheat from Subway!  At least today, we had "breakfast food."

It looks like the estate around the castle is going to be nine square miles -- gonna have to check and be sure what the acreage is -- so that there is plenty of room for what's already been put in place and for the adventures coming up in Book Two. The Keyholder's Tower sits in the exact center of the square with the castle growing up around it. I decided that was the easiest way to measure since in the "near future" -- Book 2 or 3, I'm not exactly sure which -- the castle will double in size thanks to the addition of a military compound requested by Our Hero to house the army he put together for the defense of the castle and its beloved Lady.
Skywise has the late shift so I'm going to let him use the comp if he needs to so I'll be back later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #307 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:08pm

I've numbered a couple of more chapters and my eyes are watering like nobody's business. I'm going to go close them and work on raising my frequency which I can do in a dark room with my eyes closed! Smiley The War Queen is on my bed so some cuddling might be on the agenda too!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #308 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 4:30am

I'm back. Dinner's done and I'm going to try my dance practice in about a half hour or so.  The knees have been pretty good today so I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes. I ended up napping --- a purring cat will do that to me -- but I did do some work on frequency raising before I dozed off.  Skywise has the late shift so I'll have time to do some "formal" work before he gets home. It will be nice and quiet then, no psychic "static" and such around and besides, it is nighttime! Smiley I do my best work in the deep night, provided, of course, that I didn't have to get up at the crack of the damned dawn for some reason!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #309 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 7:42am

*Jaw cracking yawn!* Heading out. I'm one tired little writerperson. I got everything done that I wanted to get done though plus a couple of "extras" so that's good.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #310 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 6:11pm

Afternoon! I slept in this morning. Skywise needed to use the computer this morning so he let me sleep! Smiley I spent the time -- some of it anyway, after I woke up -- working on my raising frequency.  If nothing else, I passed some time very pleasantly. Going to go get caught up now. The connection keeps slowing down and then speeding up again so I have no idea how long it will take this post to go up. Oh well. I'm not in a big hurry today. It's too cold!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #311 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 11:26pm

SmileyI just finished numbering all the pages in book one.  Thank the Gods that particular job is done! I found and corrected a few more typos/word omissions as well as fixing the paragraphing in a few spots that was thrown off by changing the fonts. Again Smiley Now, I'm going to concentrate on getting the glossary into shape 'cause it will probably been needed for Book One although the meaning of a number of my new rude/swear words can be determined by the context of the sentences they are used in. Also on my list is getting the layout of the estate and surrounding area finalized. I don't know if we'll need that for Book One but it will certainly help me keep things straight! Smiley  Yeah, feeling pretty good today. I've got about an hour and a half before Smallville comes on so I'm going to get a couple of little chores done so I can relax and enjoy it.
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #312 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 2:15am

*stretch!* I've watched -- and enjoyed -- Smallville (and for the record I do not for a moment think that Lex Luthor is dead!) and worked on the estate map while I watched. I currently have chapter 5 of the novel up on the desktop since it contains Our Hero's first look at his new home and therefore a rough description of where things are. I'll be taking some notes.
I'm about ready to start my dance practice and after that, I'll do a couple of more little chores and start dinner. Tomorrow's payday and since Skywise has the early shift [late shift tonight, naturally!] it will be off to the races as soon as we can pry our eyes open!
Well, I'd better get these notes taken and then change into my practice clothes. Later.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:54am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #313 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 7:02am

*Yawn!* Dinner's done. Dance practice is done and so are all the chores I can do before Skywise gets home so I'm gonna head out, especially since my eyes are starting to burn. I'm going to get ready for bed and spend a little time on my frequency work while waiting for Skywise to get home. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #314 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:00pm

Afternoon! We're back!
We took off running this morning and got back about forty minutes ago. In a minute I'm going to get Skywise's food bag packed and he'll be leaving at 1:30 -- early shift today, naturally.

We're going to be attempting to get back into some sort of "normal" routine now or at least finding a "new normal" now that we are without both Sam and Mischief. We're not looking for a new cat/cats at the moment but if Fate or Bast drops one into our laps -- like Skywise finding SunLord in the middle of the road at 3 a.m. -- we will take the little furry one!

The weather forecast is calling for warming temps and a good chance of rain starting tomorrow and heading through next week. Oh well, if it doesn't flood, we should be okay.....
Gotta get busy. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #315 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:53pm

I'm back. I got some stuff done and then crashed for a nap.  I always need one when we have an early morning after the late shift.  I also needed to take some aspirin for my knees which were cranky after tromping around in my snow boots. They feel much better now. One good thing about all the rain that's coming is that I won't have to wear my boots when I go out in it! As I was drifting off, Moonie came in looking for my belly dance music CDs. I have no idea why she wanted them but I told her where they were....
I guess I'd better get a few more things done before dance practice.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #316 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 3:27am

Dinner and dance practice are done and I'm about halfway through a major chore. I probably won't get it all done before Skywise gets home but I'm gonna make a big dent in it and there is always tomorrow to finish it up. Smiley
Now, back to the fray!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #317 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 5:21am

Skywise is home. He says that it is too warm outside and he's right. It's 47 degrees at the nearest reporting station. The snow is melting fast and according to one forecast, it will be near 60 by Tuesday with a chance of rain every day next week. Way too warm for February, especially if there is more cold weather in the future which is very likely.
Anyway, I'm going to head out. I got that last chore under control so it can be worked on tomorrow if we can stay out of the sack long enough. Smiley [Yeah, I know. We're horrible. Deal already!]

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #318 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 6:03pm

Afternoon. It is 54 degrees. Everything is melting and since the ground is still frozen, icy water is collecting everywhere.
Skywise needs the comp. He got me a new keyboard today since I've nearly worn this one out writing Book One. Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #319 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 11:19pm

Skywise got everything installed and then proceeded to process a whole bunch of words so this is my first crack at the new keyboard. It's kinda weird. This keyboard has an 'e' on it. It was worn off the old one. hehehehehe That is because "Penthesilea" has three "e"'s in it and that name was mentioned a lot in Book One for some reason.
I've spent a lazy afternoon immersed in music so I suppose I should do something useful but I'll be around.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #320 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 4:33am

I've been researching the sword dance as performed in Middle Eastern dance. It takes FOREVER to download a YouTube on dial-up but I've seen enough to draw some conclusions.
First, the music, specifically the beat or "time" of it has very little to do with what the dancer is doing.  An occasional "sharp" move with the hips or chest to accent the music is about it.
Second, executing various isolation moves with a sword balanced on the head may showcase one's ability to perform without moving the head but the same thing could be demonstrated with a tray of candles or fruit salad, for that matter.
Third, when I think of "sword dance" the above described display just doesn't cut it.  It certainly does not convey the message that I wish to impart which is "This woman is damned dangerous and you had better watch your step if you want to keep your head firmly attached to your torso!"  So I'm going to be designing my own take on the sword dance and without all the unnecessary "ruffles and flourishes" that the performers are throwing in, I should be able to dance it myself. I probably won't get money thrown at me but that's not the point. I think that it's time to dig out that book on Japanese swordsmanship Skywise got me a few years ago. Some sword "kata" could prove quite inspirational at this point.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #321 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 6:03am

I haven't found that book yet -- the massive disadvantage of having more books than you have shelf space for! I'll keep looking and I'll find it, never fear! In the meantime, I have two other dances to work on so it isn't like I'll be sitting on my hands on the choreography front!
That said, I'm heading out. I'm one tired little writerperson, even if I've been doing more thinking than writing today. I've got a bit of a problem with Book Two that is going to need to be solved fairly early in the proceedings and a good portion of my brain is chewing on the problem. No solution yet but a few things have presented themselves. It's just a matter of discovering what "clicks." Anyway. Tired. Sleepy. Eyes burning like live coals. Head full of music some of which is "dance-able." Heading for bed! Now! Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2009 at 6:04am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #322 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 3:34pm

Morning! We're going to be heading out in about an hour. They are releasing a new Pokemon for Ninetendo DS today and Moonie wants to get it on the first day.  It's a wireless transfer so it won't take long.  We will probably hit Half Price Books which is only a couple of blocks from the Toys R Us and then come home. Spirit found a boxed set of the three seasons of Power Puff Girls yesterday in Best Buy so she is pretty much broke until next week. Broke but happy as a little clam. Smiley I'll be looking for the music CD I want. Yes, various pieces of potential dance music were running through my head last night as I was falling asleep! I'll be glad when I finally settle on something! Anyway, gotta get a couple of things done before we leave.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #323 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 7:46pm

We're back. Moonie got her Poke(Mon)-critter and she's happy. We had no luck at Half Price Books so after we had lunch, we headed home. Skywise agrees that further searching for a CD that came out about ten years ago isn't cost effective so I'm going to break down and order it from Amazon today. *sigh* I was hoping to avoid that but I've made a good faith effort to find it locally.
Off to get caught up and start on the laundry.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #324 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 1:46am

I'm getting ready to start dinner. Yeah, I know it's late but I developed a hell of a headache earlier and had to lie down for a while. When I woke up my head still hurt so it was aspirin time. The pain is finally gone and I have gotten the kitchen into some semblance of order.
Off to make chicken...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41
Send TopicPrint