Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39308 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #325 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 4:01am

Dinner is done and eaten. While it was cooking, I made a two strand belly chain that doesn't fit -- YET! hehehe The length of chain I had was way too long for a single strand belly chain so I made a two strand chain out of it.  It will fit once I whittle a couple more inches off of my waist. I've just about finished an ankle chain. I need to put the clasp on it and some bells once my shipment arrives. I'm thinking about other bits and pieces of adornment but aside from some projects that are already started, I have nothing definite on my "jewelry plate".
By late next month, the weather should be warm enough and, I hope, dry enough, so that I can start walking again. I've been making some "adjustments" that seem to be helping my knee/leg problems and I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to return to my program. All I'm waiting for is for things to thaw and dry out a bit. It's kind of off putting when part of your walking "track" is underwater.... Smiley In the meantime, I'll work out inside.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #326 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 5:52am

Getting ready to head out. I've just been checking to see what posts are included in Book Two. The end of Book Two should be very satisfactory! The end of Book Three will be even more so but.. that is in the future. First, get Book One published. Second, write Book Two. Third, get Book Two published and THEN worry about Book Three!!
Right now, I'm gonna see if I can interest Skywise in some "naughty activities" before we call it a night since my having a brain crushing headache earlier in the day kinda put a damper on things....

Anyway, sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #327 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 6:34pm

Afternoon!
Not terribly happy with a company that I do business with this morning. Their attempt to get me to purchase a service I neither want nor need isn't going to work and I will be doing very little if any more business with them after I get this pending order. That's a shame because they have the biggest selection and the best prices on the things I need. Oh well...
We've decided to get Hughes.net for our internet access come March. The ground should be thawed by then so the dish can be installed. THEN, we will be able to download the newest version of iTunes so I can finally use my new iPod Nano.
On kind of a weird note, the two "ascension" sites that I visit most often have flat disappeared. They've both been around for a while. At one, I got a white screen with "Service Unavailable" up in one corner. For the other, I got a "Google can't find it." screen. When I told Skywise that, he said "Maybe they ascended." That thought crossed my mind too.... *cue Twilight Zone music...*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #328 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 12:18am

*stretch.. crack!* I've been working on chapter one of Book Two while doing the laundry which is done or "enough done" so that I can quit for the night without feeling like I'm slacking off.
Bk 2, Chapter 1 is already over 61 pages long and I've barely begun working on it. I've started looking for a good place to "break" it into two chapters. I may have to add considerable new material to do that. I've reached the point where, in the original thread, things really took off and happened fast. I may need to slow things down a bit which is where the new material would come it. At the moment, everything that happens in Book 2 takes place in just under forty days since I want the events that originally occurred on Yule (our calendar) to occur on that holiday in the books and Book 2 will stop maybe ten days before that. After that, there isn't a good "break" spot until the end -- which would result in a book of (likely) over a thousand pages! Smiley I think I'm gonna have a headache for a few days until I get a timeline for Book 2's events nailed down tight.  Methinks that I'd better quit doing the "fun stuff" [writing] for the moment and spend some time getting the calendar straight.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #329 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 1:47am

I've just finished a rough timeline for Books One and Two but it's complete enough to give me and idea of where things are falling on the calendar.

All the events in Book Two will take place over 29 days, (day 366 to day 395) give or take a few hours.

Smiley Blessed Mother of Gods.....

This is gonna be one "crammed to the ceiling" book.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #330 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:18am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 6:34pm:
Afternoon!
Not terribly happy with a company that I do business with this morning. Their attempt to get me to purchase a service I neither want nor need isn't going to work and I will be doing very little if any more business with them after I get this pending order. That's a shame because they have the biggest selection and the best prices on the things I need. Oh well...
We've decided to get Hughes.net for our internet access come March. The ground should be thawed by then so the dish can be installed. THEN, we will be able to download the newest version of iTunes so I can finally use my new iPod Nano.
On kind of a weird note, the two "ascension" sites that I visit most often have flat disappeared. They've both been around for a while. At one, I got a white screen with "Service Unavailable" up in one corner. For the other, I got a "Google can't find it." screen. When I told Skywise that, he said "Maybe they ascended." That thought crossed my mind too.... *cue Twilight Zone music...*

I just checked on those two ascension sites. They're baaacckkkk......
No explanation that I could find as to why they were gone. Maybe they got kicked back down to the third dimension.... *cue Twilight Zone music again.....* *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #331 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:01am

Skywise is home.
The temps are in the mid-50's and it's raining. *sigh*

I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #332 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 2:49pm

*Yawn* Morning. Not awake yet, my presence at the keyboard notwithstanding. It's cloudy, intermittently rainy and in the mid-50's. It's acting like late March or April out there. That is enough to make me sleepy.
Need tea.
Later.... *jaw cracking yawn*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #333 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 5:16pm

We ran into town to pick up some dry catfood and some other odds and ends -- plus lunch -- and I grabbed a cute pair of strappy sandals in "Roman Gladiator" style with ankle straps.  I figure that if they don't work out as belly dancing shoes -- and they would be so COOL for that! -- I'll have a nice little pair of "dressy, casual" summer shoes. My size can be hard to find in pretty shoes so when I see something that I really love, I tend to get them. I might have to add a hole or two on the ankle straps but that's a minor detail. I'll wear them for dance practice this afternoon and see how they do.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #334 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:25pm

I've been working on Book 2 for the last couple of hours, mostly going through and seeing what I need to do and starting some of the writing. What is now Chapter 5 is going to be very difficult to do. It contains the major, MAJOR turning point in the story without which nothing else can happen and it is emotionally gut wrenching. It was hard the first time I wrote it and the re-write is going to be just as hard if not harder. The fact that I know that good times are ahead once this part is done with does not help! Maybe that is good, being emotionally involved in my writing. I really don't know. I DO know that I don't know any other way to write. I also know that I'm going to be beaten senseless, rung out and put out to dry when I'm done with that section.
Right now, I need some fresh tea and something sweet 'cause I'm rung out just from reading it over and thinking about what I need to do with it.
Later..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #335 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 3:07am

I'm back. I haven't gone back to the writing yet. After my break I took some time to work on my frequency and ended up napping a bit, washed the dishes, did some dance research and had my practice and got dinner in the oven.  I'll be peeling the potatoes in about another 15 minutes or so.
We're expecting April-like storms tonight with high wind and the potential for locally heavy rain. Oh joy! I'm glad that we're staying in tomorrow and Skywise won't be leaving until most of it is over -- late shift tomorrow and Thursday unless the schedule changes. I hate severe thunderstorms. I know that a lot of people love a good, violent thunderstorm but when you don't know if your house is going to be standing when the storm is over, it's hard to find enjoyment in it.  Maybe I'll be able to appreciate Nature's fury when my house is an earth-sheltered, double open ended dome.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #336 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 5:39am

Skywise is home and the rain has picked up with more on the way.

http://www.theindychannel.com/weather/18681996/detail.html

Oh happy day....
After last year's flooding, I suspect that a lot of folks are sweating tonight. I'm back working on Book 2 right now but I think I'll stop soon. My eyes are starting to water.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #337 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 5:58am

Okay, the eyes are staging an armed insurrection.  I'm taking the hint and heading out. Hopefully, we'll have power and I'll be back tomorrow. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #338 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 6:04pm

Afternoon. So far, so good on the rain front. We're having periods of heavy rain but not continuously heavy rain like we did last June so the flood warning is for areas along the river and those creeks prone to flooding.
I just checked the tracking on the CD I ordered. It left the warehouse, was sent to Ohio and then to Texas where it was transferred from UPS to the Postal Service. For the record, I'm in Indiana, right next door to Ohio. [Insert suitable "What the Heck!" comment here.] Also for the record, the vendor I ordered it from is in North Carolina. If said vendor had taken my package down to the post office and just MAILED THE DAMNED THING Priority Mail, I would likely have it tomorrow, barring inclement weather. As it is, it will likely be Friday, Saturday or Monday before I get it.
Yes, it annoys me when vendors sacrifice prompt delivery in favor of some other perceived benefit. Case in point. Last night, I went online to order from stuff from Fire Mountain Gems. I got to the "shipping" part of the process and they had "thoughtfully" selected FedEx as my shipping method, stating baldly that it was the best, most economical choice for my shipment which will weigh less than a pound, by the way. The next choice was the U.S. Postal Service with a rate that was $.75 less than FedEx. Ahem. Do I need to tell you what option I checked? Didn't think so! FedEx's flat rate would be a deal if I was ordering several pounds of stuff but for someone who just dabbles in jewelry making, it is NOT a good deal and, naturally, FedEx simply pockets the difference between what the flat rate is and what it really costs to ship the package to its destination. I really don't feel like subsidizing people who order tons of supplies and whose shipping costs, if they paid by weight, would exceed the flat rate.  The postal rates are going up on May 11 -- better lay in some "Forever" stamps! -- but as far as shipping goes, the Post Office is still usually your best bet.
There. Rant over. Time to pack Skywise's food for work.
Later.
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2009 at 6:07pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #339 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 6:23pm

Okay.. I'm completely on auto-pilot today. I just finished packing up the food bag then I realized that Skywise has the late shift today and won't be leaving for another three hours.
Oh well, that's one chore I won't need to do later....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #340 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:37pm

The sun is shining for the moment. One "line" has passed but there is another one just over the state line in Illinois. *sigh* At least we're getting a bit of a break. Skywise leaves in about an hour and I'm hoping that further cloudbursts hold off until he's safely at work!
I'm pretty sure that my new shoes will suit for dancing even though I didn't test them last night. I'm going to need to add a hole or two on the ankle straps so that they will fit snug enough to suit me. I guess the manufacturer thinks that if you have long feet you must have fat ankles too! *snark!* Anyway, I've figured out how I want to decorate them. Nothing too extreme since they aren't canvas or anything else that is easy to trim but I can put on some fine chain with a little bell attached...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #341 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 9:39pm

Skywise left about ten minutes ago and the next line has moved into the western side of the county. We're on the extreme eastern side. Cloudy, wild wind, light flickering. Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #342 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 10:46pm

Power's still on. The lights have stopped flickering for the moment but the wind is still pretty strong. *sigh* I wish Skywise was home. Wind like this makes me nervous.. anxious.. whatever you want to call it.. and the feeling is worse when the girls and I are here by ourselves.  It's supposed to die down around 1 a.m. It's gonna be a long evening.... I've already put new holes in my shoe straps so I no longer feel like I'm going to walk out of the shoes. I wonder what else I can do to burn off nervous energy tonight. "Nervous eating" isn't a good idea but it has been a while since breakfast so I think I'll get myself a small snack and then try to find something to occupy my mind.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #343 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 1:52am

The wind is still howling but the rain has pretty much moved through. The wind advisory will be over at 1 a.m. and it can't be too soon! The War Queen did her bit to help me cope. She got me to get on the bed with her and she purred at me, hard, and I was able to relax a bit. I visualized myself in a situation that makes me feel calm and safe and I may have dozed off for a bit too. I'll be starting dinner soon and that will focus my attention. I'm not writing this evening because of the possibility of the power going off. I DON'T want to write fantastic stuff and have to power go off before I can hit "save!"

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #344 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 4:11am

The rain has finally moved out of state so no more soaking downpours tonight. Still windy as hell though but the advisory only has two more hours to run so it should be slacking off soon.

I tried on my dance costume. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. The outfit needs jewelry through, especially a necklace of some sort so that will be my next craft project. I can't wait for the weather to warm up and dry out so I can start walking again. It's been too long....

Ah... dinner's ready.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #345 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 4:48am

I'm thinking about how it is that sometimes the hardest thing to do is what is best for everyone (or almost everyone) in the long run no matter how it looks in the short term. That is one of the dominant themes running through most of Book 2 which is why it is on my mind.  "Our Heroine" pretty much "falls on her sword" in order to save someone she loves from a hideous death and once that situation is resolved, she is flung into another situation that requires her to sacrifice herself for the greater good.
It's a damned good thing that I know that there is a "happy interlude" down the road there somewhere or I probably wouldn't be able to write it! And, of course, as in real life, some things are never over until somebody's dead. I'm thinking that Book 4 is gonna have a hair raising body count...
That, however, is in the future. Right now, I think I'll think about a necklace design...
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2009 at 7:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #346 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 7:43am

Skywise should be walking in the door any time now so I'm going to head out. The wind is still howling and the temperature is dropping. It's down to 38 degrees. It was in the 60's this morning. At least the rain has stopped.

*Yawn* Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #347 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 5:01pm

Morning.

It's a bit of a difficult day this morning. Mischief died a month ago and we put her kitty carrier and those things that we didn't bury with her in storage just now. Remembering her, and the others, brought a lot of tears.  I know we'll see them again but the waiting is hard. I miss all of them so much.

The Post Office changed his schedule at the last moment and Skywise has the early shift today instead of the late one. Kinda messes up our plans. We'll probably be heading for Wal-Mart after he gets home tonight to get a couple of things so we won't have to do it Friday. *sigh* I really don't like going there that late, mainly for safety reasons since hanging out in the parking lot is popular with the local jerks who have nothing better to do and the late night crew doesn't keep an eye on the girls like the dayshift does. Oh well, in and out and only one entrance will be open.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #348 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 6:38pm

I'm sitting here deciding what my workout routine is going to be. I have a number of options and plenty of time now that the push to finish Book One is over. My dance routine is really too "low impact" to take off weight or tone muscle and yoga is good for flexibility but has the same drawbacks as dance so some resistance training is going to have to be added. Fortunately, I have no problem with pumping iron and once things dry out outside (glares at the now clear sky after yesterday's downpours!) I'll be back doing my walking which will take care of the cardio. Some "extra" work on my areas of primary concern is on the docket too. Smiley I'm thinking that a couple of hours (dance practice takes about 40 minutes) a day or a bit less should be enough to get me looking as good naked as I want to look. Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #349 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 12:23am

I'm sitting here catching whiffs of kyphi incense. There is a package of it on the table next to the comp and even though it is sealed, I can still smell it. I'm going to have to burn some soon, probably not tonight though. I'm going to be buzzing around after Smallville is over and won't be able to sit and enjoy it so maybe tomorrow or Saturday.
I've gotten my dance practice out of the way and took some things up to the Guest House for storage. I checked out the spot I'm thinking of using as a dance backdrop for that YouTube of me that Moonie wants to make. I think it will work out nicely once the area is cleared and the "set" decorated. Designed the necklace that I'm going to make to go with my dance costume. It will be a choker. I haven't decided if it will have some beads dangling from it or not. Having a bit of bead fringe on it would carry out the "theme" of the outfit. I'll probably make the choker part and then put on some fringe for "test" and see how it looks. I want to make matching armbands too but those can and will wait a bit.
Smallville starts in about thirty minutes. I've got a chore or two to get done before that so I'd better get busy.
Later.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2009 at 12:26am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41
Send TopicPrint