Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39185 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #400 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 10:33pm

I've been sitting here listening to various songs deciding which ones go well together and which don't. Which will meet my requirements for this particular project and which won't. I've also been thinking about what will likely be a "journey" post tonight or tomorrow. I'm also thinking that I should be poking around in the kitchen since dinner is going to have to be prepared at some point tonight.
Ah well, this last piece has less than four minutes to go and the set will be over. I'll hit the kitchen then and start assembling my thoughts after that.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #401 - Feb 22nd, 2009 at 11:39pm

Skywise is taking the comp for his project.
See ya later, probably WAY later! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #402 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 4:35am

I'm back. Skywise is done for the night. I don't know for sure if his project is "done" done but he's taken his memory stick out of the USB port so I take that to mean that he's done for the night.

I was going through some stuff and found a PM from a friend that was sent January 2, 2007. The contents made me feel a bit sad and I've been reflecting on how easily interfering meddlers could derail something that was none of their business. Assuming that my friend was "right on" about what I was supposed to be doing then, I guess that I should see about getting back to it now that the psychic damage is pretty much fixed.  I suppose starting two years late is better than not starting at all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #403 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 6:04am

Sleepy girlperson here and I'm heading out.
I've been thinking about that previously mentioned message and wondering why it showed up at this particular time. Need to think about that but not right now.  Cognitive functions are beginning to shut down for the night. *Yawn!* But I expect that is obvious!
Anyway, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #404 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 5:29pm

Afternoon! Skywise was downloading again this morning and let me sleep. He's requested pancakes and sausage for breakfast tomorrow morning since it's Strove Tuesday. I told him "no prob". (No, he isn't Catholic. He just follows that particular custom and again "No" there will be no fasting for Lent.)

I've been thinking about the note I found last night. (I know, thinking is usually a bad idea but I do lots of things that are considered "bad ideas.") I think I'm gonna get insistent about asking for a sign about it so I can know that I'm on the right track since I have no other way to get confirmation. Time to "swat" my guides....

As soon as I get a few things done, I'll start on the "journey" post I was thinking about last night. By the time Skywise relinquished the computer, I was too sleepy to type coherently. I do have my thoughts on the subject somewhat in order so I'm off to a good start.

*sigh* He told me night before last that I was "the thorniest of roses" which I suppose some women might consider a backhanded compliment but I don't. I think that it about sums me up.

I'm going to have to work on upper body strength. Hellion weighs approximately 2.5 pounds.....

Later.
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2009 at 5:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #405 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:03pm

Until I started typing, I was sitting here doing biceps curls and thinking about a DVD I was watching last night. One of the dancers on it is (probably) younger than me but she looked like she was in her middle sixties. The piece she was doing involved dual morningstars (a type of flail weapon.) and they are NOT a weapon suited for dancing with, especially when the dancer has little to no control over them.  They were obviously lightweight foam props and consequently, flopped around unrealistically. Her outfit was fake leather and chainmail (if the chainmail had been real steel, she likely wouldn't have been able to stand up.) and in no way did it flatter her figure which was edging toward XXL even allowing for the ten or so pounds that the camera adds. I have no idea what they were going for in that piece but what they got could only be described as grotesque. The only reason I can think of for including it on the DVD was that they had a contractual obligation include a piece by that dancer. Definitely a case where the result fell far short of the concept.
It is something that I will keep in mind while I'm working on my own dance concepts. If something doesn't work, don't be afraid to discard it and try something else. Good advice generally actually. Too many people are afraid to admit that something isn't working and consequently spend a great deal of time -- if not all of their lives -- trying to make something work that isn't meant to and as a result, are miserable to some degree.

Skywise has left for work. Time for me to get busy.
Later!

Post # 12,233 hehehehe
« Last Edit: Feb 23rd, 2009 at 7:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #406 - Feb 23rd, 2009 at 10:58pm

I've decided to add another piece and therefore another dance segment to my choreography. Smiley That's five segments totaling 18.8 minutes (according to iTunes). The last bit is a short drum solo which shouldn't kill me. One song may yet be replaced but so far I haven't found anything I like better for that particular segment. I was bad and ordered another CD today but since I got a deal on some shipping charges earlier this month, I can afford it. The only things that could still be added are "entrance" and "exit" cues that don't require you to really "dance", just look pretty as you gracefully enter and exit the stage area. My practices have convinced me that unless I get contact lenses or some sort of surgery, I'm going to be dancing "blind". That is, without my glasses which means that there is no way in hell I'm going to try to enter or exit any place that is NOT completely familiar to me.
Anyway, as soon as my music is set in stone, I'm going to have Skywise burn it into a CD for me so I don't have to use the computer and iTunes whenever I want to listen to it. [The iPod is still unusable thanks to previously mentioned downloading issues. Grrrr.......] That way I'll be able to work on the choreography while listening to the relevant pieces without having to use the computer which the family will appreciate!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #407 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 2:23am

Dance practice is done and I'm about to start dinner. I've been working on Chapter 2 which since it was originally posted "live" needs considerable editing to get everything straight as far as what is happening, who is talking to who and who is making out with whom where! Smiley Our Heroine was NOT permitted to make out with anyone at this point in the story, a situation that I was finding increasingly boring. Getting that situation corrected ending up causing a LOT of problems but I'm glad I did it. Gotta get back to work now.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #408 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 5:16am

Skywise is home and I'm going to head out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #409 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 6:06pm

Afternoon!
Much downloading of NASA pics still ensues which is why I'm late getting here. Skywise has the late shift tonight so I'll be on late. In the meantime, I've been doing laundry -- ick -- and a few other things of a "housewifey" nature. I'm still thinking of making my own breakfast sausage as we can't find anything in the stores that is worth eating. It's kind of a messy process but *shrug* it would be worth it to have GOOD sausage. Something else to think about as I'm still perfecting my pancake syrup recipe. Time to start another load of clothes.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #410 - Feb 24th, 2009 at 10:16pm

Spirit is happy.
I got my hair dyed this afternoon. It distresses her greatly when my roots start to show and for about the last week or so, I've been finding boxes of hair color on the sink in "my" bathroom. The implication being that I should get the lead out and get busy. THEN, she started talking to herself about dyeing my hair herself! Smiley Neither Skywise nor I thought that was an especially good idea so..... I saturated my mane with Nice & Easy as soon as I had the laundry under reasonable control. [There are few things as scary as 'out of control' laundry.... brrr....]

Right now, I stalling starting the dishes and listening to my "suite" of belly dance music. Right now, I'm thinking about how to gracefully, artfully and creatively put down Hellion once the sword dance is over and before the drum solo begins although I might be able to put the sword down within the first few bars of the drum solo. Smiley I just have to figure out a move that will get my hands close to the floor. More Smiley *giggle*
Later... *heads for kitchen while practicing "horizontal figure-eights"*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #411 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 12:06am

Still working on what will likely be Chapters 2 and 3 in which Our Hero proposes to... well, you'll find out... and Our Heroine begins the "run up" to getting her curse broken but first she finds herself in hell. One of them anyway and then things get really bad.
Next hundred or so pages are gonna be rough to write.

Think I'll load the dishwasher and unload the dryer. Then I probably should do my dance practice.

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #412 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:59am

Dishes, dinner and dance practice are done. The knees objected somewhat to the hip shimmys tonight but other than that, everything went well. That is the good thing about learning belly dancing at home with DVDs. When the knees say "Okay, that's enough." I can stop without feeling like I'm disrupting a class or annoying my teacher! The DVD player never gets annoyed with me!
Spirit has been using the computer while I did a few other things, thinking mostly and reading in the playbook. You really aren't supposed to read ahead but I'm naughty that way [among other "ways"]. I found something in those "ahead" chapters that I think I'm going to start working on now since, as a writer, it greatly appeals to me. One of the concepts I'm wrestling with now is that we are all co-creators of our life experiences. On the one hand, that can be relatively easy to accept as it goes with the "taking responsibility" for your actions and "owning" your stuff as in if your life goes in the toilet, you did it to your own little self. It is considerably harder to accept when you are talking about a little baby that has been horribly abused.  So yeah, I'm having to work hard on that one 'cause it is one of those "no exception" sort of things.

Another thing I'm chewing on is the idea (that sort of goes along with the "co-creators" thing) is that it is impossible to interfere with someone's free will since as "creators" nothing happens to them that they do not consent to, consciously or subconsciously.  Now I've heard it said, usually in "healing/healer" type situations, that unless the healing is accepted, especially subconsciously, it won't work so the idea that everything that happens to you must be consented to isn't entirely foreign to me. Also, if one intends to shed the "I'm a victim" mentality, which is essential to coming into one's own as a master creator, you also have to acknowledge that no one else can be a victim. Of course, someone who has a "victim" mentality to begin with -- even if it is only in one area -- would subconsciously consent to anything that fit in with their chosen "victim" mentality.  Yeah, my brain has kicked itself into turbo-charged, overdrive "tail chasing" over that one!

I think I'm going to try to corral my brain and go play with my freshly red hair for a bit. It's a flaming red crowning glory right now but it needs to be "tamed" a bit or I'm going to look a tad too unkempt tomorrow. I'll be back later with my hair in curlers. [Don't think about it. You'll scare yourself!]
Later. *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #413 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 7:50am

*giggle* Well, I got my hair done up with a little "help" from the SunLord.  He had to "supervise" the whole procedure which made it kind of interesting since I didn't think that he really needed to investigate my hair setting gel... Anyway, I'm now scary but when I take it down tomorrow morning my hair will be gorgeous!

I've been sitting here roaming the web and listening to my belly dance music. I'm starting to get it memorized and appropriate movements are starting to suggest themselves.

Still thinking about the stuff in my previous post. I expect that it will be occupying my mind for some time until I have it hashed out and settled into my mind to my satisfaction. Skywise is going to be in the door soon so I'm going to head out now. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #414 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:06pm

Greetings! I'm up, finally. Skywise and I stayed up kinda late after he got home, if you know what I mean, and we didn't call it a night until about 4 am. I'm a drowsy girl this afternoon! The hair, by the way, looks gorgeous as predicted.

I'm dressed but totally deficient in caffeine. I'd better do something about that before I press the "RED button" by accident and destroy the world.

Later.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2009 at 2:43am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #415 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 5:45pm

Moonie has a doctor's appointment for March 4th. This is a good thing since it will keep my mind occupied for at least a while on that day. That day is a somewhat painful anniversary for me. *sigh*

Time to concentrate on changing "reality".....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #416 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 11:47pm

I just finished posting my two latest "Journey" posts on my mySpace blog.  I was cuddling with the War Queen and half asleep when I got the strong urge to get up and make the posts. I tried to ignore it but "no dice" so I got up and did it. It took a while to get them transferred and looking good but it's done now.

I also got the solution to a story problem -- Just When did Our Hero tell Our Heroine about his.. ahem.. "dietary" problem?" -- in Book 2 so I'll be working on that this evening. [In the original thread, he never did post it and it was assumed to have happened "off stage". Gotta fix that in Book 2.]

Skywise was unexpectedly moved to the early shift tonight, so I've got a lot to get done between now and midnight and I'd better get started!
Later!!
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2009 at 2:46am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #417 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:26am

Dance practice is done and I'll be starting dinner as soon as I'm done typing this post. I took some time to preview the next teaching DVD in the set I'm using. I've about decided to start alternating it with the first one in the series starting next week. I haven't mastered the first one yet but I'm beginning to feel a bit bored. I've already learned (from another DVD) about a third of the moves on the next DVD but there is plenty of new stuff on it and some of it looks challenging enough to keep my interest going for quite a while. After a couple of weeks or a month, I'll start doing both DVDs back to back for a longer workout. My anatomy should be up to it by then.  It should be warm enough and dry enough outside in another month that I can get outside and walk.
Hmmm.... this isn't getting dinner on and I don't have until 3 am tonight. I'd better scat! I'm still in my dancing clothes.
Later!
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2009 at 2:37am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #418 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 5:04am

Skywise is home.
I got everything done that I needed to get done.
He's beat and so am I.
I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #419 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 9:52pm

Greetings!
Skywise had the comp first thing this morning and, since I was rather restless last night, he let me sleep until it was nearly time to head for Floral Gulch for lunch.  When we got back, I let him use the comp since my knees were complaining mightily and the only thing I wanted to do was take aspirin and get off my feet, which I did! He's now on his way to work (late shift) and I'm trying to get myself organized [I hear that laughing!] Anyway, I'm gonna get my tea and get caught up. Then I'll probably tackle the "headache" that is Book 2 Chapter 2......
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #420 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 11:21pm

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 23rd, 2009 at 5:29pm:

I've been thinking about the note I found last night. (I know, thinking is usually a bad idea but I do lots of things that are considered "bad ideas.") I think I'm gonna get insistent about asking for a sign about it so I can know that I'm on the right track since I have no other way to get confirmation. Time to "swat" my guides....

Well, I asked for that sign (see above) and I got it although being a tad preoccupied at the time, I didn't recognize it immediately and only had the "THAT WAS A SIGN!" moment in the van on the way home. Smiley I was in the Metaphysical section of the Border's today and the first book my eye latches onto is one titled "So you want to be a Medium?"
Ahem....
Apparently so. Smiley According to my friend's PM.
I didn't get the book, being currently short of disposable cash but I have Buckland's Big Red Book of spirit communication already and another book on the subject around here somewhere which my guides are going to have to lead me to or I may never find it! They are also going to have to help out with getting useful texts into my hands! Time for them to get their immaterial selves busy!

On another note, I had an interesting dream just before I woke up this morning, interesting enough that I told Skywise about it. The Hearth Queen was in it and I'm going to have to find my dream journal and write this one down.

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #421 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 2:57am

Wind is picking up. We're going to have rain/storms by morning, probably before then. Oh joy. I'm ready for spring but as I've stated before, thunderstorms are NOT my favorite kind of weather.

I've been looking for a particular type of belly dance song and I've gone through all my belly dance music and can't find a single one that gets my feet moving. I have one that I can use if I have to but it isn't inspiring me in the slightest. Except for the last piece, a traditional drum solo, all the music I'm using has a strong Celtic flavor with some of it being Celtic/Arabic fusion.  I've got a new CD coming that I hope will have something useful on it. If it doesn't, I'm gonna be stuck unless something falls into my lap.

Speaking of dancing, I should change and get it shaking. It will be a while before Skywise gets home -- late shift -- but I want to get my dance practice done before I start dinner.

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #422 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 4:46am

Dance practice and dance research done! Now to head off to the kitchen to get started on dinner.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #423 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:30am

It's raining like heck and I've heard a little thunder. Poop!

Pizza is in the oven for the first round of baking.

Still fiddling with the music. The piece I was going to use for the sword dance seems to work better as the "party" dance so I've moved it to that position in the lineup and have gone back to my original sword dance piece which isn't exactly what I want which is why I replaced it in the first place! You would think that the Conan the Barbarian movie soundtrack would have SOMETHING suitable for a sword dance!
Time to top the pizzas....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #424 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 7:45am

I'm working on the last page of Chapter 2 since it is uncomplicated when compared to the early part of the chapter (only two posters at that particular spot) and the darn thing is making me cry even though I know everything turns out okay.  Guess that means I'm doing it right. *sniff* As I've said before, the first half (roughly) of Book 2 is gonna be a bear to write and I'm gonna be a basket case when I finally get through it! It won't be this hard again until Book 4.

The rain has let up a bit. I hope Skywise gets home before it cuts loose again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41
Send TopicPrint