Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39192 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #425 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 7:58am

He's home, we're beat and I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #426 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:47pm

Afternoon. Skywise is on his way to work and I'm settling in to do battle with Chapter 2. *sigh* So far, Chapter 2 is winning but I'm making some progress at the end of the chapter so I'm hoping that I can sneak up on the contrary part and get it in a headlock before it sees me coming! Smiley

I'm also going to be working on my dance choreography since, if nothing else, I'm going to need it for the books. I also need to get the laundry and dishes in hand and I can't forget dance practice and resistance training either!

Looks like I've got a plan for the day. Smiley Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #427 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:17pm

The writing is going well so far, I'm working around the most troublesome spot at the moment and making headway. I'm getting ready to write a fight scene and I'm going to have to pull out my Krav Maga references (Penthesilea's hand to hand combat style is basically Krav Maga) to choreograph it. I wish there were similar tomes available for MMA but if there are, I haven't stumbled across them yet. Such resources would make things much easier when Our Hero gets into it with someone.
Anyway, I'm going to take a short break before I immerse myself in combat, do a couple of chores, rest my badly watering eyes and grab some cheese and Ritz crackers before Moonie eats them all!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #428 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 1:29am

Laundry and dishes are handled.

Resistance training is done.

Dance research is done but I may do some more before the night is over.

I'll be starting dinner in about half an hour if not sooner.

Did some work on Chapter 2. It's beginning to make sense!

Had some quality cuddle time with the War Queen and as a result, ending up taking a nap which I obviously needed!

I'll do my dance practice after dinner and write while it's cooking.

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #429 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 2:42am

Dinner's on and I'm having to rewrite some of "Our Hero's" deathless prose as much as I hate to do it. Things changed as the original thread went along and while Our Hero is perfectly willing to take his requirement of fresh blood from a glass, he won't turn down the neck of a willing woman if it's offered! Soooo, a statement that he made that he doesn't drink from humans has to go or at least be rewritten! Also having to revise "how" he acquired the condition since that hadn't been decided either when the original post was made and I got the job of figuring out how it happened! [Hint: Our Hero was an EXCEPTIONALLY naughty boy! Even for him and it became a case of change or die. Particulars to be revealed in lurid detail at a later date in a later book!]
Gotta get back to the prose and check the dinner!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #430 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 4:12am

I just finished eating and I'm not going to have time to do my dance practice before Skywise gets home. Smiley I wonder if he would mind my practicing tomorrow. It shouldn't bother him if he's working on the computer while I use the television and the DVD player. Smiley  Of course, I suppose that it could interfere with his concentration but that wouldn't be my fault!  Smiley I have NO control over his reaction to seeing me in leggings! *evil giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #431 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 5:27am

He's home and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #432 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 10:01pm

Greetings! Skywise has been using the computer since we got home from errands so I've been busy with other things. I haven't "distracted" him yet. I think I'll wait until after dinner since I'm likely to be distracted once dance practice is over! Right now, I'm just getting caught up on everything and working on a "bright idea" I had. hehehe
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #433 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:50am

Dinner and dance practice are done. Skywise and I were watching a dance DVD while dinner was cooking. There are two versions of the same choreography on the DVD. In the first one, the dancer is in a red costume and dances on a well lit stage to music that is fairly traditional for a belly dance. In the second one, she's in dark blue/metallic blue/black costume with lots of sheen, chains and such. The stage is dark and the music is not "traditional." The music had more of a "jazz" feel although it wasn't jazz. Anyway, although the choreography was pretty much the same (the "dark" one has a bit of floor work) Skywise and I both prefer the "dark" version. Big Surprise! hehehehe  Anyway, I intend to swipe some moves from it for my own choreography and I'm getting ideas for staging. I'm thinking I'll do two versions. One for YouTube and one for ...ahem... "special friends" Smiley that we'll put on a DVD. Skywise will be in charge of that. *giggle* He will, of course, get the first copy!
Yeah, I'm an evil woman. Always and forever! Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2009 at 5:53am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #434 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 6:32am

Ahhh..
My seriously "underclad" state has had the desired effect! Smiley
I'm heading out to be "good and wicked" or "wickedly good", take your pick! Either way, copious amounts of "naughty" are going to be had! Smiley

We're visiting friends tomorrow so I probably won't be on until late but I'll try to pop in before we leave.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #435 - Mar 1st, 2009 at 4:13pm

We're getting ready to head out. Everyone have a great day! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #436 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 3:58am

Just checking in to let you know we got home safely. Skywise has been downloading since we hit the door and I've been doing stuff like dinner and belly dance research. I probably won't be back tonight -- I'm beat! -- so everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2009 at 4:22am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #437 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 1:42am

Smiley

Evening. Where have I been, you ask.
Long story.
Yesterday we visited some friends who also have to good taste to own Apple computers and Skywise used their machine and superfast internet connection to download the iTunes upgrade we need for my iPod nano to work. We get home, I pop in here long enough to let you guys know that I'm still breathing and then turn the comp over to Skywise. He proceeds to load iTunes and.....
Finds out that we need to update QuickTime as well for the new iTunes program to work... Smiley To make a long story short, QuickTime finished downloading about 45 minutes ago after two attempts last night and the third successful attempt today -- an attempt which took 11 hours, forty-one minutes give or take a few seconds.
Yes. We will be contacting Hughesnet next week to see about getting a dish.

On the plus side, while watching over the download, I got a lot of work done on Chapter 2 as well as getting the dishes done. I don't know if I'll get my dance practice in tonight or not since it is almost time to start dinner. Oh well, missing a day won't kill me as long as I don't miss too many in a row.
Right now, I've got to see about getting the kitchen squared away for dinner.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #438 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 7:17am

I'm feeling a bit smug tonight. On the first, as I mentioned, we visited friends.  Skywise met the wife while she was working at the Post Office [he trained her] and they have remained friends since she had to retire due to health reasons. Anyway, it had been a while and she kept commenting about how much weight I've lost. I haven't really lost that much if you look at the numbers on the scale but I'm a lot "tighter" than I was the last time she saw me. Plus my jeans were nicely snug and my turtleneck was skin tight. We settled down to watch a movie and when the end credits rolled, I mentioned that the music would be good to belly dance to (the wife and I had been talking about dancing before we settled in to watch the movie) and the wife started saying that I should get up and dance. Kept insisting. I was sitting between her husband and Skywise and Skywise had left to go to the restroom when she started that. She wouldn't take "no" for an answer and my "Imp of Mischief" kicked in. I got up, put my arms in the "temple arms" position (that's over the head with the backs of the wrists touching), caught the beat and got my backfield in motion with her husband sitting about two and a half feet away from said backfield..Smiley
Yeah, I'm evil.
Moonie said I did pretty good. [She was sitting on his other side.] Later on, I mentioned my costume and she asked me if I'd made it. [D'uh!] I said "yes" and went on to describe it. And yeah, I got the distinct impression that Hubby would really like to check out my costume while I'm wearing it. He sure was paying close attention to my description! He won't be seeing it though. For one thing, besides being married to a rather possessive woman, he's not my type and for another he's too old for me. Skywise is the only 50-something guy who lights my fire. [Okay, add Pierce Brosnan to the list!]  

The wife also mentioned how much younger I'm looking these days. Guess it's working.. Smiley

This is a woman who has very subtly over the years given Skywise the impression that she believes that I'm not "good enough" for him and that she considers me less sophisticated than she is. She's lucky that it is enough for me to know that her devoted husband [and he is, make no mistake.] entertained, however briefly, lustful thoughts about yours truly.Smiley
Smiley I wonder who else is harboring unacknowledged lustful thoughts.....

And on that note, I bid you a goodnight. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]
« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2009 at 9:15pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #439 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 9:40pm

Again with the Smiley

We got up and headed out to the Children's Museum before I had a chance to post this morning. We were "half-planning" to go on Sunday but our friend felt like she would be well enough for company on Sunday so we visited them instead. Spirit was really wanting to go to the museum so, since Skywise has the late shift today (he just left), we decided to hit the museum today. We got back about an hour ago and since Skywise had a couple of things to do with the computer, I let him have it while I lectured my knee. [It has been naughty and not in a fun way!]  Anyway, he's on his way and I'm online getting caught up. After that, there will be dinner, writing, exercise and dance practice in some order -- don't know which yet! Smiley
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #440 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 5:57am

Dinner is done and Chapter 2 is looking like a chapter and not a collection of disconnected bits. I did some editing work on a couple of later chapters. I'm gonna have to look some stuff up but that can wait a bit. I'm just working on the later chapters while I chew on various problems with the early ones.
I'm thinking that Skywise might have to reinstall the new iTunes upgrade. It's giving me problems tonight and I've tried everything that I can think of to fix it. I'm hoping that he can apply his fresh brain to the problem since I am about ready to tear the damned thing out with my teeth! He has taken tomorrow (Wednesday) off so we will have plenty of time for MoonCat's appointment so he should have time if that's what he needs to do. I think I'm settled enough to do my dance practice so that is next.
Later.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2009 at 6:00am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #441 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 8:16am

Skywise is home and seems to have battered iTunes into submission. MY HERO!!!!!
And it didn't need a re-install for which I'm grateful.

I'm heading out. Tomorrow is going to be busy. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #442 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 5:01pm

Greetings! Quiet morning so far. The War Queen woke me up early but I was -- eventually -- able to go back to sleep.
We'll be heading out for Moonie's appointment at around 1:30 and Skywise is getting the paperwork ready for that.
I need more tea. Cognitive functions are not completely online yet.
Catch ya later.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2009 at 5:06pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #443 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 10:17pm

We're back but we have a small crisis.
The SunLord has been chewing/clawing the cable that connects the computers and now we can't get the downstairs computer online.
MoonCat is NOT happy and Skywise isn't terribly pleased either. I'm going to be off again while Moonie gets her stuff done and Skywise works on trying to jury-rig the connection until we can get a new cable.
Hold the fort, guys. I'll be back later. Smiley  Kiss

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #444 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 3:08am

I'm back for the moment. The cable was "un-juryriggable" so Skywise ran into town and got another one while I laid out a "across the ceiling and down the stairwell" path for the new cable that little "Mister I Gotta KILL IT!" couldn't reach. Once we were back online Skywise and Moonie had the computers.
We got a big postcard flier from Hughenet today. Yeah, gonna be calling them soon, like probably next week to see about getting a dish. I've about resigned myself to our needing a mast for it. I suspect that we have too many trees for a clear shot at the satellite. *sigh*
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #445 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 4:17pm

Morning.
I got up with a headache this morning and I'm dealing with that. The War Queen awakened me again this morning by upchucking in the bedroom. She did that yesterday too after which she acted perfectly fine all day. It was like "Okay, I've hurled! I'm good for the day!"
I think that she may have a bit of a cold or something.  Paranoid as we are about cat health right now, we'll be keeping an eye on her. Skywise has a pretty good "feel" for such things and he isn't worried so I'm going to work at not being worried either.
I didn't practice last night,. *sigh* After running up and down the stairs several times, climbing on the dining room table and climbing up and down at various points putting up "cup hooks" to support the computer cable and running the damaged cable through it to make sure the layout would work, my knees were screaming and I could barely walk. Dancing was out of the question so I spent the evening on the bed with the War Queen.  They are a bit better this morning evidenced by the fact that I'm able to get to the computer.

Really need to work on my vibration and necessary changes in reality today as certain aspects of it, frankly, stink and I'm sick of it! I've been thinking about the best way to do that and I worked on it some last night while I was stretched out and trying NOT to bitch at my knees.
I think the first thing I'll do is load C.W. McCall's "Convoy" and "Wolf Creek Pass" into my iTunes library..... maximum giggles there!
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #446 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 5:48pm

Good day so far.

Currently listening to "Fanfare for the Common Man" performed by Mannheim Steamroller.

Capital One finally got the massive screw-up on my card fixed. NOW we can get on with the rest of the plan.

It's warm enough today that we can have the doors open and get the stale, old "winter air" out of here. BREATHE!!!!

Now the music is "Hymn to the Sea" from the Titanic soundtrack.

Yep, so far so good....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #447 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 7:47pm

I'm gonna have to check out Facebook. I got an email from Nike a while ago and she's now on Facebook so it looks like the best way to keep up with my bff is to join up!!  This will require careful consideration...

I've been working on importing CDs and listening to the results this afternoon. Since I don't have an iTunes account, I'm having to fill in all the information for every song I import which is kinda time consuming, especially since I haven't been able to spell consistently today!! Oh well. I have two versions of "Convoy" in my library now and I've titled them in such a way that I can tell which is which!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #448 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 8:47pm

The wind is really picking up and the lights have been flickering a bit. Oh joy. Oh well, if the lights go out, they go out. We'll cope.

Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #449 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 1:32am

Smallville is on. It's a repeat but since I loved the Legion of Super-Heroes episode, I don't mind.
Someday I WILL have a Legion flight ring! I am such a geek about some things.

I put in some quality time raising my vibration and working on changing our reality, about an hour's worth which is really good. I'm still buzzed and working on it although without the focused concentration I was doing before. What I want is on its way, I just have to keep up the work and let it come.
Can't wait. 
I still have a lot to do tonight -- Skywise has the late shift -- and I'll be starting on it as soon as Smallville is over.
Later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 41
Send TopicPrint