Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39123 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #475 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 4:33am

Heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 1:46pm

Morning. I've started my day by cleaning up cat barf from four places in the kitchen, living and dining rooms. Someone had an upset tummy.
The day can only improve.
I need tea and... to change my socks. (Don't ask.)
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #477 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 4:49pm

I'm back. We made a quick trip into town, had lunch and got the things I forgot on Friday! Smiley Skywise will be leaving in about forty minutes and after that, I'll throw more clothes in the machine and settle in to do some writing.
Since I've "settled" on some of my dance music, I might start designing choreography.  I've already gotten some ideas. The CD I ordered from Amazon hasn't come yet but I'm expecting it tomorrow, Thursday at the latest. It should be in Indianapolis by now. [Origin point -- Lexington, KY -- to the nearest main processing center -- probably Louisville -- to Indianapolis -- where Central Indiana's main processing center is -- then to here.] No word yet on if the other one has been shipped yet. I hope so, that CD is the one with the really "dark" piece on it that Skywise and I like. If it "fits" in with the rest, that is the one I want to use.  I'm hoping to find some "war/sword dance" music too. I love the piece that I currently have in that "slot" but it isn't as "martial" as I would like. I want a really noticeable contrast between it and the piece that precedes it.
Whoops! Gotta go pack his food.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #478 - Mar 10th, 2009 at 8:38pm

I've been working on Chapter 2 and listening to "Isis Dancing" and "Dune Dance" to memorize them. The writing's going well although the air of "impending doom" that Our Heroine is laboring under keeps making me cry. I keep having to remind myself that there is a "happy 'ending'" down the road! That does help but I'll still be glad to be past the "lifting the curse" part -- especially since there is a HUGE monster hunt right after -- but that is considerably further on. I got a lot of grief to get through first.
Ah well, back to the book. I still have to get a pair of lovers out of the ballroom and into a hot tub....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #479 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 12:24am

I've been working on Chapter 2 this afternoon and I kept hearing the unmistakable sound of a cat hitting the floor. I couldn't figure out what SunLord was jumping off of since I can see the obvious places from where I'm sitting.
Then I went into the kitchen to get something and there he sat. In the open window over the kitchen sink.....
Yes, I took a picture.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 2:34am

I'm almost done with Chapter 2. I decided to save a demo of Our Heroine's combat prowess for another day. This chapter is stuffed enough! So I'll be wrapping it up in a few more sentences. Which is good. Heavy weather is moving this way, finally. We're expecting a 30 degree drop in temperature by tomorrow morning. That means thunderstorms. Oh joy! I hope Skywise is home before it gets too bad. Not only because I don't like him driving in such weather but because I feel safer during a storm when he's home. Dinner is almost ready too and I'm going to get us fed before the line gets here.
Later. I hope.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #481 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:43am

Chapter 2 is done. The squall line is just entering the northwest corner of the county (we're in the southeast corner) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Skywise gets here before the squall line does!

Post # 12,321 *giggle*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 4:48am

I'm back long enough to say goodnight. Skywise beat the storm and the squall line has gone through but storms are moving north along the line while the line itself is moving east and there is plenty of "nasty" that could still come along and clip us. So, I'm gonna scat while I can!
Everyone sleep well and be safe. I'll be back tomorrow. Promise. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2009 at 4:49am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #483 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:32pm

Morning! I'm back as promised.  The rest of the night's weather activity wasn't too wild and this morning the sun is shining and it's chilly again.
The CD I was expecting didn't come today. POOP! Other than that, things ar going well. I'm getting ready to start on Chapter 3. At present there are 108 pages in this chapter so I think it's fair to say that I've got chapters 3 and 4 here.  I've already found the "break point" between the two chapters and marked it. I'm going to be working with a LOT of "impending doom" and actual "doom" over the next few weeks until I get Our Heroine's curse broken. Good thing I have music!
Time to get busy. Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 4:18pm

I've been looking ahead a bit. Right now, it looks like Book 2 will have eleven or twelve chapters unless I go completely berserk! I plan to keep a firm hold on my "berserk" so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm just digging into Chapter 3 so I'm looking at a day of deleting post numbers, usernames and quotes, moving stuff around and linking things together. The whole of Book 2 covers less than 30 days so things are going to move fast. I will be completely out of breath when it's done.
This isn't getting any work done!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #485 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:56pm

Just a quick note. We're having issues with the downstairs comp and I'm letting Moonie do her stuff on this one. I'll be back sometime.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #486 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 4:07am

I'm back long enough to say "goodnight." I don't know when I'll be back. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #487 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:37pm

Afternoon.
Skywise got the kink out of our home network and everything is running fine now. He's been working on his project today which is why I'm just getting here. He has a download to do that he doesn't want to start now so I get the comp.
One of my CDs came today, not the one I was expecting but the other one. It's a two disk set and I'm gonna need to get a new case for it.
Now we're gonna go into town to get wild bird food, cat food and some people food.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 7:30pm

We're back. The kitties and the birdies will be happy as we now have plenty of provisions for them. I picked up a little fabric Mp3 player case for my Nano. I've taken the cell phone carrier off of it and I'm gonna decorate the plain black Mp3 carrier to suit myself!
Since the CD I was expecting didn't arrive today, I think it was sent "bulk rate" and Skywise agrees. That means that once my little CD left Louisville, KY, it went to the Cincinnati, Ohio bulk mail center where it will be sorted and sent to Indianapolis according to my live-in expert on the mail handling procedures of the U.S. Postal Service. (That would be Skywise in case anyone needs to be told that at this late date! Smiley) I could get tomorrow but Saturday or Monday is more likely. *sigh* Oh well, at least I have the other one and I have to say that there is something to like on every one of the 22 tracks. I'm going to be loading the whole thing into iTunes this evening. Skywise has the late shift tonight so I'll be here late and have plenty of time to do that.
Now, I will get caught up. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #489 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 7:53pm

Smiley Going through Chapter 3 and just found something I need to explain. Gotta decide HOW to explain it while keeping up the suspense of the original situation. First though, I'll pack Skywise's food bag and think while I'm doing it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 11:58pm

I've been writing and listening to my new CD. One song that was under consideration has been eliminated. It ends too abruptly, moreso that it did on the DVD where I first heard it. Methinks a sound technician "faded" it out at the end of that performance since it was a "stand alone" and not part of the larger piece for which the music was composed. The next track on the CD starts so quickly that you can't hear the transition and since I'm not using that track, that's that.

Smallville is about to start and it's a new one. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 12:58am

Moonie informed me about a half an hour ago that the SunLord has managed to get worms again. *sigh* I have the pills out, I've figured out the dosage and we'll dose him when Skywise gets home as the SunLord is kinda hard to handle when he decides to put up a fight.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #492 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 7:08am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
I got a lot done on Chapter 3 so I'm a happy writerperson.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # One, Two, Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....... [*giggle* Family joke.]
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2009 at 7:13am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #493 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 5:37pm

Afternoon!
It's been a good day so far. Both the War Queen and SunLord have been dosed with wormer. The Queen consented to be put in a "claw catcher" bag for her dosing. She then promptly put her clows right through it and drew blood -- mine, in fact! The SunLord panicked when we tried to put him in the bag. I guess his memories of Mischief getting medicated for the last two months of her life are still too fresh. We wrapped him in a towel and that worked. We'll do it again in three weeks.
My CD came today YAY!!  Skywise says that there might be a way to copy that song I like -- the one that cuts off abruptly on the CD -- off of the DVD. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since I really like that one the best. I now have a couple of songs that MIGHT work for a war/sword dance.
Skywise is heading out. Gotta get smooched!  *giggle*
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 8:05pm

Except for one song, my dance suite is set. The two "war dance" pieces I was considering simply don't work. One is majestic and stirring but the middle movement doesn't lend itself to dancing. It is also over five minutes long. Smiley The other one is certainly percussive enough but it makes me think of stomping around in combat boots which is NOT exactly what I'm going for in this program. So, I'm sticking with my first pick for the war/sword dance and since I know that the last song to be selected will be a choice between two songs, I can start choreographing in earnest. The entire program, which will be five songs, will run either 17 or 18 minutes, depending on that last song. Weather permitting, I gotta get started on my walking/cardio program this weekend!
Oh, I'm also making good progress on Chapter 3. Yeah, I'm on a roll today..
Later.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2009 at 8:08pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #495 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 10:00pm

Working on Chapter 3, having to edit Our Hero so he doesn't sound drunk and/or incoherent!! I've got a tricky bit coming up that's going to need careful handling to make it convincing. Smiley I might have to backtrack a bit and add some "mind manipulating" spellwork in an earlier chapter to sell it. The Gods know there was plenty of "let's mess with his head" action going on in the original thread!! The lack of ethics among the supposed "good guys" was appalling -- which is why most of them are now "bad guys." And, of course, the whole "how do I know he really loves me if I put a spell on him" question was completely ignored which was damned sloppy storytelling -- just a massive ego trip, not to mention "power plays" all over the place. What I couldn't incorporate into the story has been cleaned out with the Ultimate Chainsaw of Delete! Smiley and the Gods know it has felt damned good to do it!
*sigh* Time to stop ranting and get back to writing! And there is dance practice in about a half hour or so.... 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 12:01am

Dance practice is done. Got some dishes washed too. I did a little quick research and discovered that the version of the song I really like is nearly a minute longer on the DVD than it is on the CD. Which explains the abrupt ending on the CD. The DVD version was lengthened to accommodate the choreography. This means that my program will be about 18 minutes long regardless of which piece I end up using. That simplifies matters greatly.
I'm still working on Chapter 3. I had to take a break from it. The "knowledge of impending doom" that Our Heroine has was getting to me. I wanna get through it and be done with it but I think I'm gonna have to take it in little bites or I'm going to be crying too hard to type. I will be SO glad when I get to the "happy stuff" in Book 3! Not to mention all the extremely naughty bedroom scenes I'll be writing then! Yum! [Yes, once Our Hero and Our Heroine figure out that they are made for each other, they spend every possible minute together naked...]
Enough naughty thoughts!! Time to do something useful.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 1:16am

*sigh* I had to jump ahead in the chapter. I kept crying when I tried to work on the section I was on. I've gotten most of that particular section squared away but I think I'm going to need to work on it while Skywise is around so I can avail myself of his hugs when I need them. I just need to get to the halfway point in this book and the "worst" will be over.
Right now, I need to get dinner started. I'm hungry and I've just realized that I've eaten damned little today. *sigh* I need someone to remind me to eat....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 4:42am

Skywise is home and I'm going to head out. I got a lot done on Chapter 3 today despite crying at the drop of a syllable so I'm a happy writerperson.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #499 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 5:19pm

Afternoon!
The day is going well so far. The Borders we normally go to is having a 40% off clearance on DVDs and CDs. I was worried that the CD I wanted would be gone since they'd only had one copy week before last but after some searching, I found it! Happy me! I snooped around some more and found another interesting CD so I got them both for 40% off. Very Happy me!
Now, I'm going to get caught up and listen to my new CDs.
Later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41
Send TopicPrint