Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39087 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #500 - Mar 14th, 2009 at 7:48pm

Well, I've written and inserted about a page of "Our Hero's" head being messed with by the minor villainess of the piece. She's not the major player but having delusions of grandeur, she thinks she is. She is also spoiled, self indulgent and will do whatever it takes and sacrifice whoever or whatever she has to in order to get what she wants. The readers are going to hate her! I haven't decided who will be dispatching her from her current incarnation but that isn't going to happen before book 4 so it can wait! Smiley It's nice to mull over at odd moments though. Anyway, I think "Our Hero's" upcoming odd behavior has been adequately explained. His will has been tampered with and what he's being directed to do is in opposition to his True Will and his destiny!  It's no wonder he got seriously drunk! Too bad he didn't know what was in store for him at Yule....  Smiley He would have dried out a lot quicker!
*giggle* Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #501 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 2:44am

Chapter 3 is shaping up nicely. It's looking less and less like a string of posts and more like a chapter.
Dinner is finished and I'm heading off to get some as soon as Skywise "clears" the kitchen and I have one of the wristbands for my dance costume done. It looks pretty good if I DO say so myself.

He's out of the kitchen! I'm gone!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #502 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 3:48am

I'm past what is currently the halfway point in Chapter 3. I say 'currently' because the way I keep adding new material, the end of the chapter keeps getting farther away! Smiley I'm at 53 pages now and will probably be within spitting distance of 60 by the time I'm done with it.
I have my headphones on and I'm listening to the dance music that is definitely "in". Skywise worked on getting the piece I want copied from that DVD last night and has apparently eliminated the "easiest" possibilities. Oh well, my man's on the job! If it can be done without setting up and outfitting a complete sound mixing studio in the Guest House, he'll do it!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #503 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:37am

*stretch. 'crack!'* I'm past the 'weepy' part of this chapter and I'm now in a section where multiple people were posting -- not always after finding out what everone else was doing! -- and I gotta get the continuity straight. I might have to work up another quick and dirty timeline. Things are going so fast, by necessity, in this book that it will be easy for mistakes to creep in. Better that I catch them now rather than after the first printing hits the stores!
But I'm not gonna catch them tonight. The eyes are fried and the brain isn't in much better shape. This little writerperson needs to close her eyes in a dark room, with or without a good looking stud in attendance. [Preferring "with" as if I need to tell you that!] Therefore, I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 12,345 or One, two, three, four, five! *giggle* Skywise is quite stunned by my post count. He shouldn't be. He knows I'm a wordy little thing!
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #504 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 5:10pm

Afternoon! It's a spring beautiful day here and I heard one of the unmistakable signs of spring this morning. One of the neighbors is getting his lawnmower ready. Smiley 
Skywise has been working on his project this morning and I've about finished my second wristcuff. I'm beading it now. Once that's done, I'll line them both and stitch them up. I'm going to photograph them before I do that so when I post the pic you can see the design.
I'm off to get caught up and start working on Chapter 3. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #505 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:06pm

The beading on the wristcuff is done and I'm within about 14 - 15 pages of the end of chapter 3. I'd be closer but I added more new material than I deleted.. Smiley Oh well. What I added and what I deleted improve the chapter so it's all good.
I have a headache. I thought an application of caffeine would take care of it. [I'm addicted, not as badly as I used to be but still, and I get a crashing headache if I go too long without my fix.] I've taken my normal morning amount and I'm still headachy. So next up is an application of protein. We're heading into town for a late lunch. If that doesn't do it, I'll break down and assault the thing with aspirin.

Later.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2009 at 7:22pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #506 - Mar 15th, 2009 at 9:34pm

We got back from town about 30 minutes ago. I'm stuffed with KFC and dinner will be light tonight! But I still have to clean up the kitchen! LOL
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #507 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 4:52am

I'm back. Not long after my last post, I got propositioned and like Ado Annie in OKLAHOMA, I can't say "no." [Rest assured my response DOES depend on who's asking!] Anyway, after that, I was nicely relaxed and dosed off. The War Queen decided to join me and the next thing I knew it was 9:30 p.m.
Ahem..
Skywise was working on his project, so I got to work on the dishes, my wristcuffs -- which are finished and beautiful -- and some dance research. Thank the Gods for books on belly dancing! There is a common move, called by various names, that I was having trouble with so I looked it up in one of the books I have. Since the author can't demonstrate, the movements have to be broken down and explained in words. There in black and white was the tiny bit of information that I need to learn the move which the gals on the DVDs (all of them!) neglect to mention! So all I have to do now is "unlearn" the way that I was trying to do it and relearn it the way that works. Ah well, I snap off a few kicks whenever I have a spare moment and I'll get it.
I'm listening to the belly dance selections that are settled on. My hips are twitching in my chair.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #508 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 5:12am

Time for me to head out.  We've got a busy day tomorrow.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #509 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 1:50pm

Morning. We're getting ready to head out. Everyone be safe.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #510 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 4:50pm

We're back. Skywise had his six month dental checkup this morning and we had a "breakfast" of "lunchfood" afterward. While we were waiting on him I made an appointment for myself. The tooth with the temporary filling that I've had for over a year now is making its presence known a little too frequently and I want it checked out.  I know I said earlier that I would likely have it pulled shortly but the pain subsided so I decided to wait. Insurance isn't likely to cover the extraction so I've been wanting to keep the tooth in my jaw as long as possible. So I'll be seeing the dentist on the 1st and we'll see what he says about it.
On a very plus side: our tax refund came today. [Restrained "happy dance"] We'll be banking that puppy on Friday at the latest!
Gotta pack Skywise's food and get caught up.
Later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #511 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 12:14am

I've gotten through Chapter 3 and it's in reasonably good shape. I've gone through and redistributed the posts and I now have 11 chapters in Book Two. That isn't too unreasonable considering that it covers about 30 days. Book 3 covers a bit over 200 days. The first three books together cover roughly 600 days give or take ten. Smiley Since I will be a while getting Book 4 done, I'm considering having it start a year or so after Book 3. Originally, it was supposed to start about 10 days after the end of 3 but I think I'll change that now. If nothing else, the characters will need time to heal up! They're a pretty tough bunch but STILL! Smiley So I'm thinking a year of kicking back with nothing world shaking to deal with before I hit them with the next (ominous voice) EXTREME CRISIS! Plus I'll be able to pick up some relationships after they've progressed a bit, maybe throw in a pregnancy or two [One's already in the works...] and see what I can do with a couple of "story hooks" that are laying around.  
But first.... dance practice and then I gotta get dinner started. It's barely dark outiside but it's already after 8.
Later.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2009 at 12:15am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #512 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 2:16am

Back. Nike and I managed to catch each other on YaHoo which is a good thing. I gave her the link to here since I found out a while ago that the one she has probably doesn't work now. Anyway, she will likely be in here catching up on her reading when she can pry the comp away from her little brother -- she's visiting her mom and bro in KY right now.
Moonie just asked me a technical question of a medical nature. Fortunately, it was something I could advise her on. [Perform the C-section first, then do the risky abdominal surgery to remove the vicious, evil parasite in the woman's stomach. I think it's "Trauma Center" roleplaying.]
I've gotten my dance practice in and the yeast is proofing for the pizzas. So far so good.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #513 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 5:06am

Dinner's finished, Skywise just got home, I'm listening to my dance music and I'm thinking about my dances. I've got samples -- for want of a better term -- for three of them. The other two I'll have to build from scratch. One of the samples is on an instructional DVD and is broken down for teaching purposes. The other two aren't and they are in the fast Turkish style so I'll have to watch them repeatedly to get the choreography. I'm not going to copy the choreographies move for move. For one thing, I consider that a tiny bit unethical. For another, I'm not nearly athletic enough! And until I have bionic knees, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to pass on the floor work. The floor moves aren't that difficult to learn. It is the getting down to the floor and up again that I have trouble with!  But the samples have the "feel" I need to convey what I want to in the dances and by breaking them down, I should be able to figure out how to do that.
Since Skywise is home and I'm done for the night, I'm going to head out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #514 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 5:04pm

Afternoon and Happy St. Patrick's Day to all my fellow Irishpersons and anyone who wishes that they were Irish!
I'm on the downstairs computer right now. It went wonky again last night and I'm testing it to see how it's working. So far, so good aside from everything loading slowly but Skywise is working on his project upstairs and is probably downloading something akin to the New York City phone book with pictures right now so it's not surprising! Gonna go get caught up. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #515 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:50pm

Smiley Hunting music. I'm beginning to think that we're going to have to get creative with cables, a digital voice recorder and suchlike to get the extended version of the song I want. Again Smiley Other instructional DVDs out of the same dance 'stable' have their music available on CDs or as downloads but not the one I'm using! I haven't completely given up the search but I'm preparing myself for undertaking the aforementioned "creative solution." I get the feeling that the Universe is testing me to see if I really want it. It's not like that hasn't happened before. In fact, I think it's going on right now as regards to another matter. Guess what, Universe? I know what I want and I'm going to have it, no matter how long it takes, so YOU give up and cough it up!
Right now, I need tea. And Oreos. And to google "reconditioned MacBooks"
Later.  
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #516 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 11:17pm

I've started on Chapter 4 in which there is a HUGE battle, the dragons arrive, Our Hero proposes and the current villainess of the piece reveals her true nature. Hint: She's neither human nor vampire. Things go downhill for Our Heroine from there and it gets worse in Chapter 5 with the fertilizer really hitting the fan in Chapter 6.  Smiley Things improve after that, giant scorpion-human hybrids notwithstanding, and it's a flat out sprint to the finish in chapter 11 when Our Hero finally gets a clue! 
I've gone through and removed most of the usernames, post numbers and some of the quotes. I've added a little text, mainly to remind me what to do when I get there, and moved some things around. It was originally "live" posting and consequently, well, chaotic doesn't begin to cover it! So getting that straightened out is the first order of business. Some situations need to be fleshed out too. I don't know if I'll tackle that tonight or not. Might just go through and change the verb tenses where needed and finish getting things in order. Right now, little writerperson needs to take a break and do something useful of a "housewifey" nature.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #517 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 5:25am

Chapter 4 is going well, all hell is about to break loose at the Castle -- just in time for Our Hero to propose -- and I think I'm going to shut it down for the night, otherwise I'll be typing until dawn 'cause there isn't another good "stopping spot" until the end of the chapter! My right wrist is starting to hurt which usually a good indication that I need to quit "mousing" and typing and do something else.  Since there is a large amount of laundry on the bed, I have a good idea of what I should be doing!

Spirit was just matter of factly sick to her stomach so now I'm worried about her although she says that she feels fine. She mentioned a slightly sore throat a couple of days ago. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Yes, being the parent of an autistic person with problematic communication abilities can be an exercise in "bang head against wall. repeat as needed." frustration. She is now in my bedroom using the computer in there to play games so I can only assume that she doesn't feel too rotten.
I'll be back before "lights out."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #518 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 6:58am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out now. Spirit was sick again but she's in bed now. Hopefully, she'll be better in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #519 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 5:28pm

Afternoon! Skywise has been working on his project and I've been paying bills.
I'm pretty sure he had more fun than I did! Smiley
Spirit seems fine this morning, no more tummy upset. We think that she might have picked up an intestinal bug.  She hadn't eaten anything that at least one of us hasn't eaten too so that rules out food poisoning. Anyway, she slept late, understandably, and is now in our bedroom playing games on the comp.
I'm heading off to catch up. Be back later.
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2009 at 5:31pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #520 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 7:45pm

Working on Chapter 4 mayhem, checking out some things online, wondering about how to get that song off of that DVD and into my iTunes list (hopefully I'll have time to price digital recorders tomorrow), seriously considering an aspirin/caffeine combo to get rid of this stupid headache that's been nagging me since I got up, figured out how to customize a CD holder so it meets my specifications and fiddling with that between other things, found the postage stamps so all the bills can go out today, thinking about the pretty storage bags I'm going to make for the prototypes of the Valcarian Crown jewels, "reality" and how it is going to change to suit me and mine (interesting dreams I've been having on that subject) and all the other mundane stuff that goes along with life.   Smiley 
That's enough for the moment, I think. Back to Chapter 4 and the imminent bloodshed....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #521 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 10:25pm

Spring storms of varying intensity are moving through which is interfering with the writing. I don't want to lose any unsaved, just written deathless prose to a sudden power outage so I've been lurking around other sites seeing what I can see, listening to my iTunes and generally waiting for the weather to settle. The CD holder alternations are proceeding fairly well and I'm just keeping busy with things that won't be compromised if the lights go out! Smiley Better get this up quick. I hear thunder....
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #522 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 3:59am

Well, the noisy weather has finally moved out, dinner has been eaten and I'll be doing my dance practice in about 30 - 40 minutes or so. Skywise has the late shift tonight so I can do that. I finished adapting my CD holder and my iPod Nano case is shaping up. I'm going to add some rings to it so I can have it on a strap around my neck when I have it tucked into my pocket, I just have to decide on the best way to do that. I've also decided to add some "back interest" to my dance belt so I'm going to be getting a 40 x 30 black onyx cabochon. I have a bunch of silver plated brooch findings and one of them set with onyx will do nicely to hide the overlap on the belt. Smiley
Yes, I know I'm wicked.
I've been thinking about my "want" list and how lovely it's going to be to get everything on the list.  So many people right now are unhappy but lack the courage to bite the bullet and do what they know is necessary for them to be happy. Life is too short to be unhappy. I know grief entirely too well but underneath I am basically happy. That sounds like a contradiction but it isn't when you study on it.  Maybe it is because I know that no parting is forever and that a massive change in reality is coming up fast.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it isn't alright, it isn't the end....  
« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2009 at 4:01am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #523 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:58am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Busy day in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #524 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 6:42pm

Afternoon! We've been busy. We went to Floral Gulch for lunch and I snooped a bit in Target's electronics section. And while the one I was looking at did not have it, there are digital recorders out there that are USB compatible. Skywise says that Wal-Mart has them and we should be able to connect a recorder to our digital television with a cable, record what we need off of the DVD and transfer it either directly to the iTunes library or burn it to CD and then transfer it. Smiley Either way, the song I want in my dance suite is within my grasp! Never let it be said that I don't get what I really want. When I want something bad enough, I get it. It might take some time and some planning but in the end, I get it. Days, weeks, years, doesn't matter.  It took four years for Skywise and I to get to the altar after we formally announced our engagement. Think I didn't learn about "hanging in" then? Ha! But enough of that! I wonder how much a suitable digital recorder is gonna cost me.....

We had a flat tire on the way home. Fortunately we were only about five miles from home and it was today when the van was empty and Skywise has the later shift rather than tomorrow when the back end would have been stuffed full of supplies and we would have been rushing home because he has the early shift. If it had to go -- and it did, with style -- today was the best day to do it.  We'll be using the car tomorrow and seeing about a new tire on Saturday.
Right now, I'm gonna drink my tea and get caught up. Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41
Send TopicPrint