Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39117 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #525 - Mar 19th, 2009 at 9:01pm

Skywise is off to work and I'm settling in to bring order out of the chaos that is this section of Chapter 4!  I'm slowly getting it straightened out one "encounter" at a time but I won't know for sure if the 'order' is right until I get it finished and read through it. At least there is a definite "breakpoint" -- when the monster arrives -- between one set of encounters and what comes during the battle and afterward.  That is a big help. (It was NOT helpful that one poster was intent on dragging Our Hero off for a "quickie" during the battle!! *sigh*)
Back to the action....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 1:28am

Still working on "bringing about order" in Chapter 4 and slowly making progress. I also ran the dishwasher while Smallville was on. I think I'm going to cuddle with the War Queen for a bit, if she wants to that is! Then dance practice. I've been doing it every other day until my body -- mainly my legs -- got used to the new, more demanding movements. I think I'm ready so I'm going to give it a shot. "Form" still needs a lot of work but I'm getting most of it and already "have" some of it. Good thing I don't discourage easily!
After all that, I'll be getting dinner started and doing the things I need to do before Skywise gets home with the paycheck. There sure won't be time to do much once he gets home and NO time at all in the morning.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 4:57am

Dance practice is done, dough is rising and a few more dishes are washed. Since Spirit snitched the comp to look some stuff up while I was practicing, I used the time to do a bit more research. I found some interesting -- and provocative  Smiley -- positions on the DVD that has one of my dance samples on it. I'm getting more and more ideas for my dances. I'm making some headway on Chapter 4. It's slow, but it's coming. [For the record, my mind is completely in the gutter tonight since the previous sentence almost resulted in a naughty remark but I was good girl and nobly refrained from upsetting anyone's delicate sensibilities.]
Time to fry the sausage. Be back later. 

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:43am

Dinner's done and eaten, Skywise will be home soon and I'm about a third of the way through Chapter 4 having reached the "breakpoint." Good time to stop for the night 'cause the next part is the battle, followed by the proposal and the bedroom action with Our Hero and his bride to be.  There are a couple of loose ends hanging around in that section that I need to figure out what to do with since they could have long running implications, depending on what I decide.
Anyway, it's time to head out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 4:58pm

Afternoon. We're back from setting a new land speed record for shopping. Or at least, it seems like it! Smiley We stopped off at the auto shop and ordered the new tires for the van so we won't have that to do tomorrow. They will have them Monday so we will go over then and have them put on.
Dance practice turned out to be a bad idea. *sigh* I can barely walk today. I've already done the aspirin/caffeine thing and I'm waiting for it to kick in. I should be ambulatory shortly. I think that the extent of my "practice" tonight will be research and maybe some light practice on the moves that are giving me trouble rather than the "full" practice.
Well, I've got a ton of stuff to put away and Skywise's food to pack. I'll be back later after he's headed out.  Kiss
« Last Edit: Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:14pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Mar 20th, 2009 at 6:39pm

Okay, the legs feel some better. At least the pain in my shins and thighs has stopped, leaving only the pain in both knees although, as usual the left is more painful than the right. I guess I got a 2 for 1 special in the knee pain department today. *sigh* Spirit thinks I should lay down for a while and I probably will later. I have too much caffeine in me to relax right now.
I'm gonna pull up Chapter 4 and start working on the monster battle/melee that takes up the middle of the chapter. It needs more detail both in battle action and character development. I got started on that a little already -- alluding to a condition of barely controlled rage to which both Our Heroine and her half brother are susceptible -- and I want to develop that a little more thoroughly and get further into the sneaky underhandedness of a couple of female persons. Ya gotta feel for Our Heroine. She's surrounded by treacherous she-snakes who are pretending to be her friends while plotting to use her however they can. Fortunately, Our Heroine isn't as dumb as they think she is although she can "play dumb" with the best of them! That's a lot to cover but I don't have to do it all in this chapter. Opportunities to demonstrate underhanded, sneaky treachery will be abundant in the next couple of chapters and clear to the end of Book 3.
Time to get busy.   

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 12:18am

I made a bit of progress on the battle before I laid down. The War Queen was quite happy to have someone to curl up with and much purring ensued. I'm down to one knee (the left) aching so I'd say I've definitely improved over this morning.  I'm going to be alternating between the kitchen and the computer while I tidy up in there before dinner. Time to put on some music and get busy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 3:55am

I'm plugging away on Chapter 4. I'm in the thick of the fight right now. I can "see" in my head how the action is going but getting it down in text accurately is an unqualified pain in the netherparts! *sigh* This is going to take a while and probably about five pages by the time all the fighting is done and the bad guys are dead.
Did I mention that this chapter has harpies and dragons and therefore combat between the two groups? Well it does and I've got to figure that out too!
The fact that I can't spell worth beans tonight doesn't help! I mean it's bad when your spelling is so far off that spell check doesn't have a clue about what you mean!  All well, back to battle. Maybe I can get another exchange done before heading for bed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 4:17am

I didn't get very far! Smiley Skywise is home and I'm heading out. I'm beat.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. See ya tomorrow. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2009 at 4:32am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #534 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 7:58pm

Afternoon!
It's been a busy day but not chaotic, a circumstance for which I'm pathetically grateful! Skywise worked on his project right after we got home so I took a short nap -- which I needed. There weren't enough hours between when I went to bed and when I got up! -- and did some dance research. Now I've got Chapter 4 up on the desktop and I'm going over what I've written the last couple of days. Spellcheck does catch spelling errors but not usage ones. *sigh* Oh well, I'm finding them! Anyway, back to the action. The monster is about to arrive....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Mar 21st, 2009 at 10:41pm

I jumped ahead to the end of the chapter. I was wrestling with the fight scenes so I thought I'd skip to another part to work on for a while. I'm managing to work on this part without having a strong emotional reaction so it was obviously a good idea. I'm also shifting some posts around to improve the flow of the narrative.
And now, I gotta head for the kitchen. We're having chicken with egg noodles tonight and I still have to make the noodles! Smiley Fortunately, I don't have to dry them before I cook them.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 12:16am

The noodles are made and they and the chicken are cooking.

I'm attempting to straighten out a tangled bit of action during the battle sequence. You would think that with high speed internet and a PM system available, they could have gotten their ducks in a row and posted things in order. *sigh* It was entirely possible that they were talking about things "other" than their next posts, leaving me to make sense of it all. * more sigh* I'll get it sorted eventually. Thank the Software Gods for "Cut and Paste" and "Drag and Drop" or I'd be more crazed than I am!   Smiley 
Back to the action.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 1:45am

Wolverine: Origins
May 1st..

I. AM. SO. THERE!!!!

Or will be as soon as possible after opening! Fortunately, we have a mini-vacation scheduled in May so it's doable.

Hugh Jackman is hotter than asphalt in August. Smiley Smiley
There is only one other man I've ever said that to or about which should give you an idea of the regard in which I hold that hunky Australian......
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2009 at 6:29am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 6:24am

Skywise says that I look tired.
He's right. I am.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

See ya tomorrow. Just don't expect me before noon!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 6:26pm

Afternoon.
For the record, I'm still tired. Had one of those nights where I was too tired to sleep and my knee was making itself known just enough to keep me from getting comfortable. *sigh* So I'm still tired and pretty groggy. Hopefully, enough tea will fix that.
I'm going to get caught up and hope that my cognitive functions come on online enough for me to write. *staggers off looking for tea.....*
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2009 at 7:07pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #540 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 8:24pm

I've been looking at reconditioned Apple laptops. I'm not in the market now. I just want to see what is out there. The prices look pretty good and I'm thinking that when I am in the market, I'll be able to find what I want pretty easily at a price I can afford.

The brain is slowly starting to work. I'm not being very "creative" at the moment but there are still plenty of verb tenses that need fixing and posts that need rearranging so my time is being used productively.

Wondering about what to fix for dinner. Given my less than razor sharp cognitive function today, I'm thinking it should be something simple and idiot proof....Smiley That narrows it down some.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 10:14pm

I've managed to add about 2 pages of background/character development to chapter 4. It's not particularly heart-wrenching but as tired as I am I'm susceptible to emotional scenes.

We decided on chili for dinner tonight and I'm going to start that soon.

I've ordered two more CDs. As much as I love the piece I intended to use for the sword/war dance, it makes me want to break into a jig when I hear it rather than a belly dance. *sigh* So I'm looking for replacement music.
Off again.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2009 at 6:34am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #542 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 1:23am

I'm back with dinner. I needed to take a break. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I will now try to get a little more work done.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 2:29am

I've added about another page of new material. I'm still working out the logistical details of battle scene so I'm working on the aftermath, specifically how much "naughty" goes on in the hot springs before moving to the main event in Our Hero's quarters. Smiley The original female poster tended to forget where the action was happening being more interested in the action than in anything else.
Our Hero's "son" is also supposed to be having visions. Something else that was thrown into the mix and never explained. *dirty look in general direction of the original poster!* Right now, I have to decide whether to keep that or do something with it. If I keep it, I need to decide what the visions consist of and who is sending them. *more Smiley*
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2009 at 2:40am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #544 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 3:53am

Heading out. I'm so tired I can't think (or spell!) and considering the mess the section I'm trying to work on now is in, I need all my cognitive functions online and at peak efficiency and right now, they aren't. Although my beloved Skywise has solved one of my problems for me. So I now know where our Minor Villainess got the supplies she needed to treat Our Hero's wounds while dressed in a ball gown.
Anyway, I'm going to bed. I hope I have better luck sleeping tonight than I did last night. Maybe if I start early enough, I'll come out ahead.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 2:54pm

Morning!
I slept last night. It took a while to fall asleep -- the runes were very informative! -- but once I fell asleep, I slept through the night.
We're getting ready to go into town for a bit. I'm hoping I'll be able to write when we get back!
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 5:02pm

We're back. I've been fighting my way through the process of setting up an account with the Indiana BMV so I can renew our plates online. I did and I have and that's one less chore that we have to run into town to do. We also saved a total of ten bucks on the renewals -- not to mention avoiding the hassle of going into town and waiting at the BMV -- so that is a good thing.
I'm going to pack Skywise's food, see what needs to be done in the way of chores this afternoon (the laundry is looming large so.....) and then go to the mat with Chapter 4. [A very naughty thought came to mind just then. I was "good" and didn't say it. Not much fun but the right thing to do!]
Anyway, updates when they happen!  Out!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 6:11pm

Smiley My headphones appear to not be working.
They were working fine last night. I'll have to test them with my iPod. On the whole, I hope the problem is my phones and not the computer.
The girls are just going to have to put up with my taste in music since I can't run off to town and get a new set immediately and Koss headphones aren't exactly cheap... Again.. Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2009 at 6:30pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 6:24pm

Problem solved.
Headphones working.
"Somebody" turned the audio on the comp all the way down. Plus the volume control on the phones had gotten shoved all the way down.
Smiley Good thing I thought to check those things before I went off to buy phones!
I will now resume writing...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 9:42pm

Life in the Country..

A few minutes ago, Spirit loudly asked SunLord what he was doing. I turned around and he was expressing extreme interest in a pile of dirty clothes that are waiting to be washed. I carefully lifted a few things but I didn't see anything and apparently SunLord didn't either, so I went back to Chapter 4. The next thing I know, Spirit is yelling "I GOT IT!" I look and she's crouched next to another pile of clothes holding a large "capture jar" with a very lively mouse under it. Moonie had arrived by that time and I got a cap for the jar for them. Moonie managed to get the cap under the mouse and the whole assembly out the front door.  The fortunate mousie was released in the woods where it's chances of survival are much better than they would be in our living room. The SunLord has proven to be quite the little hunter while on his walks. I figure that the mouse either snuck in while the back door was open or, more likely, it is one of the critters I've been hearing in the walls the last couple of days. Either way, it's outside now and the SunLord is a little miffed that we took away his potential plaything!

Now where was I? Oh yes, Chapter 4, MoonCat is about to "go jedi" on some bad guys' sorry behinds....
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2009 at 6:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41
Send TopicPrint