Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts! (Read 39011 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' V: The Night of the Living Posts!
Reply #550 - Mar 23rd, 2009 at 11:16pm

*puzzled* When did it get to be after 7?
I've been at it -- only stopping to load and unload the washer and dryer -- for nearly six hours.
No wonder my brain is getting mushy and my spelling skills deteriorating.
I probably should eat something. I think I ate a sandwich somewhere along the line but it feels like it's worn off.
Someone needs to remind me to eat. *sigh*
I'm going to take a break.
At least I've made some good progress on Chapter 4.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #551 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 12:33am

I'm back. The War Queen insisted that I lay down with her and then she purred at me until I fell asleep. I woke up a bit ago and put the last load for the night in the washer. I don't know if I'll get to my dance practice tonight or not. I'll have to see how things go although resting my knees for another day probably wouldn't hurt all things considered.
Heading off for the kitchen to see what I can do there.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #552 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 3:13am

The last load (for tonight) of clothes is in the dryer. The kitchen is in reasonably good shape and the dough is rising. I'm heading off to see if it has risen enough and to fry the sausage. No dance practice tonight. My knees should thank me. Whether or not they will is a whole 'nother story!

Post # 12,400

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #553 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 4:52am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #554 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 1:23pm

Morning, I think.

MoonCat woke me up yelling at the SunLord. Then she went back to sleep. The SunLord is sacked out too.
Naturally, I couldn't go back to sleep although the Gods know I wish I could.
Guess I better make tea and see if I can get my cognitive functions online.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #555 - Mar 24th, 2009 at 7:53pm

Afternoon. Cognitive functions are marginally online.
We went into town and picked up the van [four new tires. ouch!] and I tried to nap when we got back but I couldn't shut my brain down. We made a rare second trip into town since Skywise needed some stuff to repair another tire. [What is it with us and tires lately?]
The FEDEx guy arrived a while ago and delivered my belly dance bells and the 30 x 40 mm onyx cabochon that I wasn't expecting until tomorrow. I now have enough bells for 10 or 11 dance belts. I don't see myself making that many but the dratted things are hard to find and I got a deal so I went for it. As a bonus, because I got so many bells, they took about a third off of the price of the onyx. I'll check my supply of epoxy and set it in the finding in a couple of days.
Gotta pack Skywise's food -- late shift tonight -- then I'll see if I can write anything coherent.....
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2009 at 3:08am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #556 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 1:31am

I'm wrestling with "the proposal" part of Chapter 4. I'm not sure I'm sharp enough for this tonight. I keep falling over verb tenses. *sigh* At least I should be able to get the various blocks of conversation together and make a couple of small changes that need to be made to bring this part in line with what comes later. [Chapter 5 is where the emotional hell really breaks loose.]
I am so sleepy but if I take a nap now, I'll either sleep right through when I'm supposed to be making dinner -- which I'm going to be starting directly -- or be unable to sleep when it's time to go to bed at about 3 a.m. or both! Yes, I'm going to crash as soon as Skywise hits the door! I'm hoping that kids and cats will cooperate and let me sleep tomorrow morning. Eight hours would be nice, ten would be better! We could be having some noisy weather tonight but I'm hoping that the noise is minimal.
This isn't getting dinner started. I'm hoping food will perk me up enough to have my dance practice tonight.
*jaw cracking yawn* Later...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #557 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 3:05am

Smiley The noble and incredibly hot knight, Sir Michael has just been unceremoniously and publicly dumped by a brazen hussy who used him for a bed toy until she could get her claws into the man she'd been stalking through the castle. The little Smiley had him hooked good and proper and had Sir Michael thinking that she was in love with him. How to handle his immediate reaction and what should it be?
I know what it is going to be later in the evening but what does he want to do now? Smiley  I might be too sleepy to handle this tonight. Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes. I'll see if my brain perks up after I eat....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #558 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 4:51am

Dinner's over and I'm a little perkier but not enough. No dance for this girl tonight. My shins will thank me. I wasn't in Wal-Mart with its concrete subfloors five minutes before my shins (both of them) started aching. As far as I know, no shopping areas with concrete subfloors are on tomorrow's agenda so I should be able to have practice without pain tomorrow evening.
I'm still wrestling with Sir Michael's reaction to being dumped so I worked on the reaction of Our Heroine's daughters to the same event. I also got a bright -- but very logical -- idea concerning Our Heroine's actions the next morning when it's time to "pay the piper" for her part in the previous night's events! That and the amount of cutting, pasting, dragging, dropping and verb tense fixing I've done adds up to a decent evening's work.  I think I'm going to put Chapter 4 to bed now and concentrate on staying awake until I can put myself to bed!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #559 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 6:55am

He's home safely and I'm going to go crash.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #560 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 3:16pm

Morning. I slept and would still be sleeping if the phone hadn't woke me up about 20 minutes ago. But I got 8 hours and that should hold me until I can take a nap later.
Right now, I'm wondering how and why the wall clock is off the wall and laying on the floor -- face up about four feet from the base of the wall. It could not have just slipped off the hanger. If it had it would be at the base of the wall. It has also stopped at 7:06 am. It's a battery operated clock so it should still be running....
Just what I need, a mystery before I've had my tea....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #561 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 8:27pm

Afternoon. Skywise has been working on his project today so I, reasonably I thought, went back to bed and contemplated Chapter 4 before I dozed off.

MoonCat was very helpful in the matter of the clock on the floor mystery. It seems that early this morning, she heard the pitter-patter of fast moving little feline feet, followed by a couple of "thuds" and then more pitter-patter. We think that SunLord was chasing a bug, jumped on the counter, tried to pin it to the wall and failed with himself and the clock hitting the floor. Neither Skywise nor I woke up. That tells you how tired we were!
Skywise has left for work and the two poptarts I had with my morning tea have worn off. Eating would probably be a good idea.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #562 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 9:54pm

Sustenance has been ingested and I'm feeling more human. I've got Chapter 4 on the desktop and I'm continuing to smooth out/file down/DELETE LIKE HELL the rough places in the narrative. *sigh* Some people (female) believed that their concept of "Our Heroine" was preferable to my concept despite the fact that I was the one writing her. The primary result of "their" concept was that they became the primary female lead while Our Heroine -- for whom the project is named -- was relegated to a figurehead who had to stay in the castle, do as her "advisers" told her, be a fragile, naive, know nothing little doofus and, most importantly, remain physically and emotionally unavailable. They never passed up an opportunity to attempt to get me to go along with "their" concept and got rather miffed when I ignored their efforts.  I established early on that Our Heroine was an amazon mercenary, a powerful sorceress, an immortal demigoddess, a former priestess of Aphrodite and over a thousand years old! She had a curse, that's true and getting it taken off was a "story hook" and source of emotional turmoil that gave the character a problem that she couldn't solve with her magick or her sword. Writing the part was more interesting once the curse was broken but it really POed a lot of people who didn't care for the changes in the character since the changes meant that they could no longer hog the action -- all kinds of "action". Guess that they were too insecure to handle competition, even if it was "make believe" competition.
Then there was the poster who decided, without telling anyone, that she no longer wanted to be a "vampire slayer" but intended to be a vampire, basically so she could act out her erotic fantasies in front of the Gods and everybody. *sigh* So I have that mess to explain. I think I have worked out a reasonable explanation. It's helps enormously that, traditionally, the Greek Pantheon was not omniscient and was fallible. [Read the myths if you don't believe me. Zeus and his children pulled some real boners.] I hope that when the readers get to the explanation it will be "Oh WOW!" rather than "Oh Smiley!" Some of the other "out of left field fertilizer" that got thrown in that was completely at odds with what had already been done has been dumped which makes my job easier.
Ahhh... enough venting. Time to get back to work..  
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2009 at 10:42pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #563 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 2:30am

Dinner is almost done and I've gotten Sir Michael's reaction to being dumped out of the way. There's still a lot of work to do on this chapter but it's shaping up nicely.
I'm going to have dance practice tonight after dinner. I've decided that since using this same DVD every night isn't a good idea, I'll alternate it with another one starting tomorrow. The second DVD has one of my "examples" on it and I'll need to learn that particular "style" of movement for that part of the routine. I've previewed the teaching part of it and it shouldn't make my knees/shins too outraged! Smiley It'll probably outrage those who think I shouldn't be doing such a provocative dance but that is NOT my problem! hehehehe Gotta see about the dinner.
Later.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2009 at 2:34am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #564 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 4:00am

Dinner's out of the way and I'm getting ready to change for practice. I've been looking at digital voice recorders and I've found a couple of possibilities. Some units have been eliminated from contention because they aren't Mac compatible. Skywise will probably want to do some investigating himself. He's the audiophile in the family.  The best way for me to help is to do the preliminary "sort" through the thicket of "possibles."
I've done some more work on Chapter 4, found a couple of places that were improved with a little tweaking and added a bit more text.
Time to get changed...
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2009 at 5:30am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #565 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 5:38am

Dance practice is done with minimal protest from the shins. Chapter 4 proceeds. I turned another snippet of a post into sentences with actual punctuation and I'm quite happy.  I still have some rather longer snippets to rework and I'm trying to phase things as the original poster would. *sigh* Trying to think/talk like someone else is hard but I think I've come up with a good enough explanation to cover the variations in speaking styles that Our Hero has. It'll be another hour before Skywise gets home. Maybe I can get another snippet or two rewritten before he gets home.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #566 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 6:27am

*Yawn* Well, I've gotten 'the proposal' out of the way -- the aftermath is pretty much written already -- and moved a couple of things around and did a little deleting of extraneous material so I'm going to put the chapter to bed for the night. The brain is starting to shut down for the night anyway. *Yawn!* Think I'll get changed for bed while I'm waiting for him to get home.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #567 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 6:54am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #568 - Mar 26th, 2009 at 6:36pm

Afternoon! We headed off for Floral Gulch first thing and got back about 40 minutes ago. Skywise and I were able to check out digital recorders at Target and Best Buy. I told him what I'd been able to find out. It looks like we'll be spending between $100 and $150 for one. The cheaper ones would need a USB cable (sometimes included and sometimes not) and software to be compatible with the Macs provided that downloading was even possible. The more expensive ones have the USB connector build in (like a memory stick) and are already compatible with Macs and Windows. So by the time you buy the extra stuff so you can use the cheaper recorder with the computer, the price is about the same as the more expensive recorder that has everything built in. Once we decide on one, I'll check amazon and see if they have it cheaper. Gotta save wherever we can! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #569 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 3:24am

Not much is happening here!
Spirit got on this comp while my back was turned and kept it until about 25 minutes ago. So I haven't been writing this evening. My dance practice got derailed by an uncooperative knee but I used the time for research and I'm revising my practice plans as a result. Smiley Smiley The end result should be highly provocative....

Skywise has the late shift tonight -- early one tomorrow -- so I'll be starting dinner in a few minutes. I'm gonna try to get a little writing done around cooking chores.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #570 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 5:46am

The dough is rising and I'm managing to add a bit to chapter 4. Smoothed out/filled in another "rough" spot.  Our Hero was so beaten, battered and bloody after the battle I felt it necessary to explain how he recovered quickly enough to pull a "naughty all-nighter" with his newly pledged bride to be! That's taken care of now and Our Hero will acquit himself nobly. Enthusiastically too.. Smiley I haven't decided how much detail to go into yet. Smiley That's chapter 5 anyway but I suppose I should give the readers some "meat" before all hell breaks loose. Smiley
I should fry sausage.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #571 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 7:06am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #572 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 2:22pm

Morning.

HughesNet will be here at 1!

Gotta run!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #573 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 6:21pm

Sanctuary Control is back online!

HughesNet was here at 12:21 -- when we got back from our mad dash to town. (This household cannot function without milk! It simply can't!)
We had to get a pole and it sits in the front yard. The SunLord is very leery of it. The girls tried to carry him past it and he'd have none of it. They finally got him in the back door. I'm going to be putting in a raised flower bed around it so it will be easier for Skywise to mow around -- thinking catnip and moss rose (a small, pretty little flower).
Our mission -- the girls and mine -- right now is to test the hell out of the system and the network. We'll be adding a third computer to the family network as soon as we get the necessary cable, tomorrow, I hope.
Things are loading really fast.
I could get used to this. Of course, now the telemarketers can get through....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #574 - Mar 27th, 2009 at 8:41pm

I've been prowling YouTube and I've finally found a bellydancer who seems to know that a sword is a weapon and not a just prop! I'm gonna be getting some good ideas from her, you betcha!
So far so good on the internet front. We had a slowdown and when I refreshed my page here I found that we'd disconnected and reconnected but everything seems to be loading fine now. I'm running a "test" to be sure.
Smiley Probably should eat something since it's been a while since firstmeal and will be a while longer before thirdmeal....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41
Send TopicPrint