Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The New Arrival (Read 1390 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

The New Arrival
Apr 4th, 2009 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
At the moment, the new little babycat is outside with Skywise and Moonie.  I was coming in from going to the mailbox and the little hairball bailed out the front door when I opened it and was off the steps and under them before I could catch him. Since it’s a pretty day, we’re letting him look around. He’s a high energy little boycat and the exercise should help settle him down. The SunLord hasn’t realized that there’s a new feline in the family yet. The War Queen knows and seems to be of the “here we go again!” mindset.

Anyway, we were in Greenwood and had finished up the “had to do” stuff and Skywise decided to stop at Half-Price Books.  We go in and start browsing. Next thing I know, Skywise is on the radio asking me to come to the Uncle Bill’s Pet Store next door. I had a feeling so I put back the book I was going to get -- and eventually did get -- and went next door.  Skywise found me and led me to a large cage containing a single, highly active little black cat. He reached for us and meowed at us and generally made himself adorable. I asked Skywise if he was “ready” and he said “yes.” I was ready too and much paperwork and “handing over of plastic” later, we walked out with a new little boycat.  They’d been calling him “Bob” but will change that as soon as we figure out what his name is or what name he likes. “Turbocharged Babyboycat” probably won’t fly six months from now...
That is the same pet store where I got the War Queen back in 1999. I had went in on impulse and found her. She reached for me and we fell in love. Today, Skywise had the impulse to go into that store, found the little boy and fell in love. So did I. I called Moonie on her radio and told her to find Spirit and bring her to the pet store.
They fell in love too.
Skywise informs me that the boycats have met and the little guy is in the Guest House. There was no “hissing and spitting” but a great deal of interest on the SunLord’s part. The little guy is a bit leery but if SunLord doesn’t growl at him, he should get over that quickly.

1:58 pm: Skywise just called me to the door. The boycats are playing “tag” in the backyard of the Guest House. *sniff*  Moonie is following them around with the camera. Pix later.

Thank you Bast.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2014 at 6:50pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: The New Arrival
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
The little guy's username is The Prince of Midnight which is the name of a romance novel I particularly like, with Midnight Prince, for short.
Haven't even started on picking out a "civil" name for the little guy. He's just pigged out on Whiskas "pouch" food and he and the SunLord are having a bit of a romp in the house. I imagine that the little boy will be settling down for a nap soon. He's had an eventful day.
Oh! And he was born on February 8, so his birthday isn't a "guesstimate" like it is for all the others.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2014 at 6:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Well, the Prince of Midnight is a tuckered out little boy and has settled in for a nap on a plastic bag from the pet store.  The SunLord is resting in the little guy's new kitty carrier. I suspect that we will have to get a larger one later. For some reason, we seem to end up having large cats.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2014 at 6:52pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2009 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Here are the promised pictures. The first was taken during his "escape."

And here is the historic first meeting between SunLord and the Prince of Midnight in the Guest House kitchen.

« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2015 at 1:45am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - May 18th, 2009 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
It's official.

The Prince of Midnight is a hopeless niphead.

He's just about destroyed the catnip bed -- with some help from the SunLord and the War Queen -- and right now, his coat reeks of catnip! Fortunately, we all like the smell of catnip!  
His walk with Skywise has been suspended while the little guy sobers up..... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2014 at 6:53pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint