Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 27383 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #475 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 3:38am

Dinner's over.
YaHooing with Nike.
Looks like there is a chance of rain every day this week. *sigh* Oh well, I'll work around it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 4:16am

Heading out. Lots to do tomorrow, not the least of which is go into town and settle up at the auto shop!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #477 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 4:18pm

Afternoon!
The morning errands went off without a hitch. Paid the bill at the auto shop and got Spirit some new shoes. I also picked up the silver lame I was looking at on Sunday. I'm not going to need it for a while but this is the time of year when such fabrics are easy to find with the holiday season coming up -- beginning with Halloween and heading straight through to New Year's. I'll get the gold later and the chiffon when I find it!
Right now, I need to get my lame put away -- before any of the kitty persons find it! -- and make some tea. After that, there is stuff to be done!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #478 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 5:42pm

Smiley My head INSISTS on hurting.
Damn allergies. And it's really not hot enough that I can justify turning on the A/C to filter the air in the house. *whimper* I have just enough of a headache to annoy me. Since it's getting worse by the minute, I'm thinking that a serious milkshake with a 1000 mg of aspirin chaser is definitely in my future.

In other news, I discovered that a character name that popped into my head that I thought was my own creation turns out to be the name of a small uninhabited island in the Aegean Sea.  It's a tourist attraction and the former site of a leper colony. I finally found a phonetic pronunciation for it in English, the name is Greek but it's not the way I've been pronouncing it so I'm gonna stick with mine. It's from an non-Terran culture after all!  The meaning of the name will be, of course, exactly what I say it is!
Skywise has left for work and that aspirin is looking good. Gotta try to hold off for a while and see if it eases up on it's own.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #479 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 8:56pm

Took those aspirin about 2 hours ago. Head's a little better but as soon as the washer stops, I'm going to crash again. *sigh* At least the War Queen is happy with me on the bed with her.

I'm beginning to develop the concept for my next belly dance costume. I'll be making a lot of silver fringe while I think this winter. I'm also getting an idea for the revised subplot that I need for Book 3, just need to develop it and write an outline. I'll probably do that during travel times while we're on vacation. [Note to self: Get out the "writing tote" and restock it!]
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2009 at 9:03pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 12:12am

Head has finally stopped hurting.
Had to take almost everything off the table behind the computer because the SunLord is sleeping back there and in the process of getting comfortable, he was shoving things off right and left. About all that's left back there is the router and the "box" from Hughes.net and I had to move that because he was shoving it up against the printer which would NOT do. Air must circulate, you know!
Gonna go start dinner.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #481 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 1:58am

Dinner's done. YaHooing with Nike and bouncing ideas off of her.
I miss working out ideas with my writing partner...
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2009 at 1:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #482 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 3:18am

I am REALLY beat tonight. Gonna head out, put the laundry away and crash.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #483 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 2:31pm

Morning. Slept like the dead last night with weird dreams.
Gotta get some tea and get started on the day.
Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #484 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 3:57pm

Things are proceeding, laundry mostly, and I'm getting a little done in the basement. I'm upstairs at the moment since Skywise is in the house -- it won't be long before he leaves for work and I'd like to spend a little time with him.

I moved the dehumidifier into the section of the basement I'm working on. I had emptied it and turned it back on at about 8:30 last night and when I went down there about half an hour ago, it was full and had shut off. Lots of moisture in the air for it to fill that quickly. I've emptied it and turned it back on.  I'll probably have to empty it again before bed if not sooner.
Ah.. washer's stopped. Time to get back at it.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #485 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 8:50pm

Dishwasher's running.
Wondering just what the War Queen's problem with the Prince of Midnight is? He's not in the least aggressive toward anyone, he's barely eight months old and he's been here since April but she acting like he's a "strange cat" and going after him every chance she gets.  He's been "fixed" so it's not that and she isn't showing any other unusual behavior. She gets plenty of affection from Skywise and me and as much as she wants from the girls. She sleeps on our bed and pretty much considers our bedroom hers and the boys stay out of it when she is in there.  She has no particular problem with the SunLord who gets along with the little Prince just fine.  
We are at our wits' end.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:50am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #486 - Sep 9th, 2009 at 11:52pm

Going to add a character to Book 3, a girl (haven't settled on an age yet but likely no older than thirteen or fourteen, have to see what works best), small, blonde hair, blue eyes, need a name, already have some backstory figured out.  Smiley  Definitely gonna complicate things for everybody!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #487 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:10am

Dinner's done.
Discussing Greek mythology with Nike.
Need to check and see how many of the familiar sounding books I think I own, I really do own. [When you have as large a library as we do, it's easy to lose track of what you have and what you intended to get!] Need to do some Book 3 research. Fortunately, Skywise will be more than happy to help with the "practical" aspects of my research....  Smiley Yeah, it's "that" kind of research... my favorite kind.....Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:40am

Spirit has informed me that I need to get a bread machine and start making my own bread so we never run out. Smiley I have no problem with the concept, just where the heck in my entirely too small kitchen would I PUT a bread machine?  If I had my way, I'd make the entire house six feet wider on the "kitchen side" just so I  could have more room in there. Alas, it's not to be.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:42am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #489 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 4:22am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.
He's gotten the copier to work so the "Hero's Reward" is his for the taking and mine for the giving!  Smiley
Now if we just solve our cat problem....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #490 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 2:01pm

Morning!
Got to sleep late last night... Smiley just now getting my heart started. Cognitive functions aren't completely online yet and I'm starving! Also need tea! Guess I'd better head for the kitchen and do something about that! Hope I'm awake enough to manage!
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #491 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 6:01pm

We went to Floral Gulch for lunch -- Skywise had promised Spirit -- and we stopped on the way back and got bread so she no longer wants me to bake some! At least, not right at this moment!
Looking forward to the season premiere of Smallville on the 25th. Nike will be here and we'll watch together. I'm going to have to give her a "crash course" since due to her work schedule, she missed most of last season. BUMMER!!
Need to get my tea and do something useful. Or take a nap. I'm not sure which is going to win at the moment. Skywise has the super late shift tonight so a short nap somewhere along the line might be a good idea. Hmmmmm.... later.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2009 at 2:39am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #492 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 7:36pm

Paused long enough to post a comment on a news story on the website of one of the local network affiliates.  Smiley There are going to be some seriously POed people there shortly. Self-righteousness about the sexual behavior of consenting adults brings out the devil in me and I rose to the occasion. One of those knuckleheads posted a rant saying that the "marriage vows" should be written into law making it legal for your spouse to kill you if you "cheat."
Ahem... I said that in that case, I simply wouldn't get married and that such a proposal would make shacking up very attractive....*giggle* Obviously what the poster did NOT have in mind! Yes, I was evil and yes I had fun! What consenting adults do is their business!
Now, enough teasing the rubes! Back to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #493 - Sep 10th, 2009 at 11:00pm

THIS JUST IN!!!

I'm going to hell.
Film at 11...

Yeah, I got me a rise out of a Bible thumper. So I posted again and pointed out the inconsistencies that make the Bible a less than sterling guide for sexual conduct. Thinking the rube-boob is gonna choke on his beer. Maybe he'll spray it on the computer and short it out....

*giggle* Damn I feel good! *much laughing off of the butt...*
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 2:30am

I got the critical laundry done, likewise some dishes and threw out a few more cardboard boxes from the basement. Worked a bit on Book 3 and now I'm YaHooing with Nike.
Still giggling over the Bible thumpers. The news site has "archived" the story so it's harder to find and the torch and pitchfork crowd will have to find another story to rant on. Oh well, it won't take long...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #495 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 6:41am

Skywise should be home soon which is good 'cause I am beat. I've been working on Book 3 since Nike went to bed and the little muscle below my right eye is starting to twitch. That's usually NOT a good sign. Methinks it's time to quit for the night so I'm going to head out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 3:21pm

Morning.
I'm sleepy. I HATE the super late shift when it's thrown in the middle of an otherwise normal week...
Last day.. vacation starts in approximately 13 hours.
I can make it....
NEED TEA REALLY BAD!!
Later... when I'm alive...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 7:30pm

Much tea and two meals later, I think I'm probably human.
Been working on Book 3 and deciding, as far as my "book world" is concerned what the difference is between mages, witches/wizards and sorcerer/sorceresses. I've got it settled to my satisfaction and tucked away in my "World" files so I'll be able to keep them straight.
We've gotten the first couple of days of the vacation planned out, gonna take care of some "necessary stuff" without having to arrange for it to be finished by the time he needs to leave for work. Tomorrow, we'll be doing normal weekend chores but WE'RE GOING OUT TO DINNER!! I won't have to cook! That's the big thing for me on vacation. Skywise tries to schedule things so that I don't have to cook every night. Let me tell you, after hiking all over southern Indiana all day, then coming home and collapsing in an exhausted heap "What's planned for supper?" is the VERY LAST thing that I want to hear! Skywise found this out the hard way but to his credit, he's a fast learner. So! Day long expeditions will be topped off by dinner out or carried in. Either way, I don't have to worry about what to fix for dinner. Utter bliss! [What can I say? I'm an easy woman to please in some respects.]
Right now, I need to get back to work on Book 3. Vacation starts in about eight and a half hours....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #498 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 8:21pm

Serious thinking required re: how to explain why Our Hero does what he does at this particular point in the story? Do I leave the "reason" the way I originally wrote it or do I change it and if so, how? Smiley There are a number of ways that I could go if I change it. Which one would be best?  I probably should get away from the comp for a bit and chew on this. When I have a "blank" word doc in front of me, I tend to want to type rather than think.
Break time, I think.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #499 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 11:15pm

Rather pleased right now. I figured out what to do with my Book 3 problem and got a nap besides, which I must have needed because I'm feeling much perkier now. Also, while I was cleaning in the basement, I found an old box of costume pieces. Fortunately they were all in ziplock bags and are in pretty good shape. What really makes me happy is I found a headpiece that I'd made which has a decorated veil attached that I can use for a belly dance costume. I also found two more unfinished belts (although one of them only needs to be lined) and a decorated mask. Definitely gonna need a BIG box for my belly dance stuff!
I also found my pure white, 100% lycra spandex, 'tighter than skin" jumpsuit. [Going to have to make up one in black. I still have the pattern.] Yeah, I wore it in public too. It doesn't fit at the moment but that'll change..... 
*goes off thinking about where she'd like to post pics of that jumpsuit being worn.....* 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40
Send TopicPrint