Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 27399 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #525 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:17pm

Home.
Finally....
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

We left Louisville at around 2 p.m., we would have been home about two hours ago but for the fact that some bright "individual" decided that it would be cool to close I-65 northbound, both lanes for construction and funnel ALL the interstate traffic onto Indiana 31 which is a two lane "local" highway. Again with the Smiley We spent 2 hours and fifteen minutes making our way through the detour before being able to get back onto I-65.  About 10 miles from home, we hit the Dairy Queen. Not only did we NEED it, we DESERVED it! Now I'm going to get some tea and rehydrate myself.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #526 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:24pm

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Part of my horoscope for today. I just read it. At 13:48 or thereabouts we were crossing the bridge over the Ohio between Louisville, KY and Clarkstown/Jeffersonville, Indiana.

Later this afternoon around 13:48 you may experience uncertain travel conditions, frequent changes in plans and emotional misunderstandings are also possible.

Right on the button!
« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2009 at 10:56pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 1:49am

Skywise and Spirit went into the city to get his check. They should be back pretty soon. Fortunately the pizza dough is rising and I'll be frying the sausage in about 10 minutes or so.  We should be eating at about 10:30.
I need to make out deposit slips and shopping lists for tomorrow but that can wait until after dinner since I'll begetting the check a lot earlier than I usually do.

While stuck in the above mentioned traffic jam I figured out how to rewrite something for Book 3 so that needed changing due to story line changes.  It'll make for a nice dramatic scene and set up a possible confrontation in Book 4. I'm not actively plotting Book 4 right now but I DO need to keep certain options open in case I need them.

But right now, I need to think about sausage....
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 3:43am

Dinner is finished and eaten. YaHooing with Nike. Got a new belly dance DVD yesterday that looks really interesting -- Belly Dance: Opulent Motion. It's another one about slow moves with some additional instruction on the various types of music and how to dance to them. Should be fun once the dance studio is set up.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 5:02am

I've gotten all my "night before payday" chores done and I'm finally unwound enough to go to bed! I'm gonna go get ready for bed and crash beside my beloved War Queen since Skywise is still downstairs doing arcane things with the computer.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 4:37pm

Afternoon!
Busy morning but our shopping is done for a day or two. We'll need to pick up some stuff for Nike's visit but we can do that Monday and/or Tuesday.
Gonna get caught up and then get busy again.
Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #531 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 4:50pm

Well, that little chore is done.
They've completely redone Indianapolis International, new terminal building in a new area of the airport and different access.  Found the airport's site and downloaded a PDF of directions with map. We'll be looking this over carefully over the next few days! It wouldn't do to get lost IN the airport while Nike is waiting!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 7:06pm

I'm getting a few things done but I admit I'm spending most of my time fiddling with the model of the Castle that I'm building. I quit working on it after the Lord of Samhain died, my heart wasn't in it. I was recently starting up the basement stairs when I looked toward where it was stored and saw that both the SunLord and the Prince of Midnight were lying in it. *sigh* And, the arch that separates the commons in front of the dining hall from the main courtyard had been snapped off. I removed the kitties and hauled it upstairs. I fixed the arch and left it to dry.
When we got home yesterday, it was broken off again. I discovered later in the evening that the Sunlord likes to "lean" in that particular spot. The rest of the wall can take it but the arch can't. *sigh* I've fixed it again and I'm trying to modify the design to make it "12 pounds more or less" cat-proof.  I also have it setting up on a couple of barstools. I'm hoping that no one takes a notion to try to jump up on it before I can get it up to the Guest House where it "should" be safer. When I've made enough room, I'm going to move it back downstairs so I can work on it this winter.  I'm still working on how to do the buildings so that you can take them apart and see inside them -- that will also make them easier to move -- so the next section is going to be the main courtyard. The only complicated thing on it will be the central fountain and the main gate with guard posts. Should be interesting. That is where I'll learn if I have to reinforce the wall with wire. (I'm thinking that it will probably be a good idea since the castle's outer wall is tall enough for defense. I'll have to get myself organized after the vacation is over and make a LOT of blocks.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Sep 18th, 2009 at 9:12pm

Got my castle section moved... and repaired again. *sigh* Anyway it is now sitting on the living room floor of the guest house where I'm hoping it will be safe! I'm trying to think of a way that I can reinforce the arch without completely ruining the design. Architects for human sized structures don't have these problems!
Skywise and the girls want "home cooking" tonight. *sigh* I'm beat, couldn't fall asleep last night -- too tired -- and there's been no chance for a nap today.
Guess I'd better get started getting the kitchen squared away. The sink has somehow filled itself with dirty dishes when I wasn't looking.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #534 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 1:03am

Everyone's fed and I've collapsed for the night. Tomorrow's another day and hopefully, I WILL sleep tonight! [Melatonin here I come! But not for a while yet!]

New season of Smallville starts next Friday. I've already told Skywise that Nike and I will be claiming the television to watch it. *giggle*

Did some work on the next section of the castle, laid out the grid and glued the "feet" on the base so that it will be easier to pick up once there are bricks glued on it.  Think I'll look over Chapter 1 while I'm waiting for Nike.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #535 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 3:36am

I got some work done on Chapter 1 while waiting for Nike. Now we're YaHooing and yawning. We both need our zzzzz's, it's been a tough week! My eyes are starting to complain viciously so I'll probably head out soon. Maybe hitting the sheets earlier will help me get enough sleep!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #536 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 4:01am

Incredibly sleepy writerperson heading out and even the War Queen is insisting that I go to bed. [She just wants to lay on my chest while I pet her!]

Everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Morning.
Slept like the dead.. or unDead if you prefer!  Smiley
We're doing our usual Saturday stuff today. Getting ready to run off.
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #538 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 5:33pm

We're back and it's time for me to get to work. See ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #539 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Taking a break while the washer runs and the vinegar cools. I'm de-liming a water storage tank and the house smells like a pickle factory! Once the tank is clean, I'll be hauling it up to the Guest House and then hauling the water to fill it. 20 trips carrying a one gallon jug of water weighing 8.8 pounds. [That's 176 pounds total.] Since the Guest House is uphill from here, I'm really hoping to be able to take more than a gallon at a time but I'm not going to count on it!
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2009 at 8:27pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #540 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 8:46pm

The tank is cleaned, rinsed and up in the Guest House bathroom. I've done a little number crunching and the wall surrounding the main gate of the castle model is definitely going to need some design work. A wall that's an inch wide and 15 inches tall is going to need some support. A 'security checkpoint' will help and maybe a couple of 'sniper's nests' covering the main courtyard and the area just outside the gate. Smiley [I'm sure "Our Hero" would approve of the sniper's nests from a security standpoint!] I also have to figure out how to build the fountain and how the driveway is going to look.

I about have that new character figured out. I know what she looks like and I'm getting a handle on her personality. I'm working on the city setting I need too. I think I have a name and I'm working on the geology/geography of the place. I know what I'd like to do to make it impressive but I might not be able to justify it from a geological/geographical standpoint.

Spirit wants me to make chicken for dinner.
The chicken is frozen solid.
It is a quarter to five.
We might be eating out tonight......
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 11:33pm

Dishwasher's running and the chicken is still thawing. As soon as the dishwasher stops, I'll be taking stern measures with the chicken. Maybe even before then if I get impatient enough!

Skywise has been using the computer for the last few hours so I'm going to go get caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #542 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 12:41am

The chicken is in the oven so we WILL eat before midnight tonight.
I keep hearing what sounds like thunder but the radar is clear. Wonder if some of the "wonderful" neighbors in the area are having "fun with fireworks" or, Gods forbid, homemade explosives... I wouldn't put much of anything past some of the yahoos out here. [With apologies to YaHoo...]
Dishwasher has FINALLY stopped. The silence is wonderful.
Need to go get the potatoes ready to boil.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 3:28am

Dinner's eaten and I'm on YaHoo with Nike. She'll be here Wednesday. Let the world beware!
In the meantime, we'll solve all the world's problems to our satisfaction.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #544 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 4:38am

The internet is full of self-important, self-centered twats.
Fortunately, they are entertaining. Smiley

And now, I'm for bed. Sleepy writerperson here.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #545 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 7:10pm

Afternoon!
We've been busy!
We went up to the Children's Museum to find out where in the **** our Tut exhibit tickets were. Fortunately for them, they produced them promptly and thereby avoided getting my metaphorical teeth in their throats. I had a splitting headache at the time and was none too happy that we'd had to go up there to find out about the tickets when I'd specifically requested that they be mailed AND my email inquiry to Customer Service was not answered. There was no stonewalling so metaphorical bloodshed was avoided.
The huge Anubis statue in front of the museum has already been removed which has me bummed. I wanted Nike to see it. It's a good thing that Moonie took plenty of pictures of it.
I've printed out the first 4 chapters of Book 2. I suddenly realized this morning that I had yet to print out and proof a hardcopy. So I'll be getting that done before vacation is over with.
Right now, I'm going to make some tea and throw a load of clothes in the washer.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 7:58pm

Laundry is chugging away. Did a bit of work on the Castle model -- mainly making sure the grids matched up and marking details on the next section.
Skywise has ideas..  Smiley
Later... lots later....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #547 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 9:09pm

Penthesilea wrote on Sep 20th, 2009 at 12:41am:
The chicken is in the oven so we WILL eat before midnight tonight.
I keep hearing what sounds like thunder but the radar is clear. Wonder if some of the "wonderful" neighbors in the area are having "fun with fireworks" or, Gods forbid, homemade explosives... I wouldn't put much of anything past some of the yahoos out here. [With apologies to YaHoo...]
Dishwasher has FINALLY stopped. The silence is wonderful.
Need to go get the potatoes ready to boil.
Later.

This might be what I heard last night. The time is about right...

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/21017503/detail.html

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 9:20pm

Heading out for pizza.
This is a good thing! Smiley
Be back later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #549 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 11:18pm

We are back.
I am undoubtedly overstuffed.
But at least I didn't have to cook any of it or clean up after!
That is a VERY good thing!
There is a nice gentle rain falling right now that promises to last all night. This too is a good thing.
Time to turn on the YaHoo...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 40
Send TopicPrint