Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts! (Read 27467 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VI: Dawn of the Living Posts!
Reply #575 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 3:20am

Gonna head out. Nike's plane leaves at 10:55 am and what with "travel to the airport" time and grabbing some breakfast on the way in, we're going to be getting up, literally, before dawn. NOT my favorite time to hit the floor but what are ya gonna do? Anyway, this little writerperson needs her beauty sleep! I've hit the wall and I'm curling up at the base of it, falling asleep!
So everyone sleep well and be safe! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #576 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:02am

Morning...
It's too damned early in the morning!!
WAY too early... there is definitely a nap in my future.
Gonna be leaving for the airport in about an hour, more or less. We'll be parting company with Nike in about three hours. *WAIL!* *sigh* Nothing to be done for it though.
Be back later this morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #577 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 2:41pm

We're back.
Nike's at the airport, her plane should be taking off in about fifteen minutes.
I'm gonna go catch a nap.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #578 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 5:21pm

Okay, I'm up again and feel a bit more human. *yawn* Nike should have taken off from Baltimore a few minutes ago if her flight is on schedule. Yeah, she's having to take the scenic route home.

Need something to eat. Time to raid the kitchen..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #579 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 6:04pm

Smiley I find myself faced with the necessity of learning to speak Greek. Or at least being able to speak it a little.  I've already ordered a dictionary that looks like it will be useful and I'm looking for a course -- WITH audio cds or DVDs! -- to teach me the basics of the language without requiring massive outlays of cash and time since I do NOT have massive amounts of either.
This should be interesting.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #580 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 10:25pm

Nike's plane should have landed some hours ago. I've turned on my YaHoo and she'll give me a shout sometime this evening. Poor Spirit was in tears when Nike left. She really loves her.
I've been puttering around, working on getting out of "hostess mode". It will probably be tomorrow morning before I manage that.
Got an email from amazon telling me that the book I ordered to replace the one I have to return has been shipped. Here's hoping that this one has the right book inside the covers!! The email said to expect it by the third but amazon's warehouse is so close I'll probably have it by Tuesday or Wednesday.  Now if I can just find an elementary course in Greek....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #581 - Sep 27th, 2009 at 11:49pm

Nike's home... everyone here can relax now...
Working on dinner right now.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #582 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:30am

Nike's home and exhausted after 16 and a half hours on her feet. She couldn't sleep on either plane, screaming kids. *sigh* So I've sent her to bed, not that she needed much sending!  I've got half an ear on the Colts game, Skywise and the Prince of Midnight are watching. The War Queen is curled up in a box next to the chair I'm sitting in and dinner is over. Only chores left for tonight are putting away the leftovers and taking out the trash. Those can wait though. I'm going to veg a bit.
Later.
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 2:31am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #583 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 3:36am

Colts Win!!!!!!!

So far so good. I could get used to this....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #584 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 4:37am

Thunderstorm moving in and I'm heading out. The line is a fast moving one so things should settle down pretty quickly once it's through.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #585 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 1:34pm

Good morning!  Smiley It's a mite chilly this morning. It's 54 degrees at the nearest reporting station and there is a brisk breeze blowing.
I'm starting to think about the "dark half" of the year. I'm getting a nice list of things that I'll need to be doing during that time.
Right now, I need to get ready 'cause we're heading out to Greenwood this morning!
Catch ya later!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #586 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 7:42pm

Smiley We"re back. We decided to make a "quick" trip into Greenwood and hit the craft/sewing shops so as to miss the weekend crowds. I didn't find everything I wanted/needed but I got some things checked off my list.
I will now go make some fresh tea, get caught up and edit my lists.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #587 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:10pm

Just came in from my walk. Spirit just got out of the bath and is making me depressed. The child has a dynamite figure on her. If she wasn't autistic, she'd be very, very popular. So would Moonie, for that matter. She's a little armful of hot stuff too.....
Oh well, what I was I will be again. Weight training starts a week from today....
On that happy thought, I've got a few dishes that need washing before I start the pizzas.
Later....
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 10:11pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #588 - Sep 28th, 2009 at 11:50pm

Tonight: breezy. Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph.

We may have to turn on the furnace tonight. IT'S TOO DAMNED EARLY IN THE SEASON FOR THAT!!!

Explain to me again how this "global warming" thing is supposed to be working???
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2009 at 11:51pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #589 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 1:27am

Finally heard from that book seller who sent me the "book with the wrong insides". They've refunded my money and want me to recycle the book and order another one. Might as well since they can't sell it and as long as I have my cash back, I'm good. I will NOT have to rip them a new one. I'll reply tomorrow and tell them that I've already ordered the book from another vendor.  
Maybe that will motivate them to check their stock a little more carefully...
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2009 at 1:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #590 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 3:53am

Time for me to be heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #591 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 2:16pm

Morning!
Well, we didn't turn on the furnace but we sure snuggled down in those covers! It's partly cloudy and 50 degrees right now. I'm going to go make some tea and see what's happening on the world wide web.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #592 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Went into town and paid the mortgage, got lunch and some supplies. We're going to the state park tomorrow so I've dug out my "serious" hiking shoes and I'll be transferring stuff from my purse to my belt bag and backpack later.  I've also been promised dinner "out" tomorrow. This is a good thing since if I was required to cook after hiking all over McCormmick's Creek, it would likely be peanut butter sandwiches!! We do NOT normally take the "easy" trails and while the DNR has made climbing down into the the canyon easier by the end of a day's hiking, I'm ready to put my feet up and be served my dinner!
I've also been thinking about the wooden chest I want to make for my dance costumes. The design is just about set. This pleases me 'cause once the basic design is settled I can start working on the "particulars." I've decided that the chest itself will be stained ebony. What I need to decide on is the trim. I'm torn between using a bright red stain on it (I've had very good results with it), leaving it natural with some designs painted on in the manner of "Pennsylvania Dutch" chests or to stain the trim ebony too with some designs painted on in metallic silver which I've done before on a table that I painted. Right now, I'm researching to see if a particular item of unfinished moulding/mill stock is available or if I'm going to have to figure out another way to do what I want.
So much to think about in addition to everything else! Smiley
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #593 - Sep 29th, 2009 at 9:17pm

Research finished and the item I want does exist! This is a good thing as it simplifies the assembly process enormously. Now that I have that settled, I can mull over the various decorative options that have presented themselves especially the "decorate or not" option which will influence how I finish the trim on the box. I'm getting an idea for a decorative medallion for the chest that will have to be painted on since I KNOW that particular design isn't available. I designed it after all and I'm the only one who has seen it! Since it will be a separate piece, it will be a bit easier to experiment with. After all, if I mess it up I'm only out my time and few dollars unlike messing up the chest which is going to represent a fairly substantial outlay of cash even though I plan to use pine for it. 
But at least the trim is out there waiting for me to buy it...
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #594 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 1:18am

Dinner is cooking and almost ready.  I did a little work on the drying rack that I'm making to dry my Castleblocks on.  I get very good results drying them in the oven -- mine has a pilot light -- and so I'm making a tray out of wood and screen wire that "just" fits in my oven. I'll probably make another one later so I can really make blocks! About 24 hours dries them out nicely. Gonna need more storage containers for them though! Smiley  I've decided that I'm going to invest some time in making full sized plans for each castle section that is built on -- the vast middle of the military complex is an open "parade ground" just paths and grass. That should save me considerable aggravation down the road.
Gotta go. Dinner ready soon.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #595 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 2:24am

Comfortably stuffed and my "you really NEED to eat something" headache is pretty much gone. I've been reading about polyamory in the news.  Interesting. The relationship style seems to be moving more and more into the mainstream despite the screaming condemnations of religious conservatives of all stripes, denominations and creeds. Given that more and more Americans are calling themselves "non-denominational" Christians or non-religious all together, (according to a news story I recently read) I think that the conservatives are fighting a losing battle. Nothing has changed really, people are just being open and honest about what they are doing instead of lying about it but some people do not care to have their opinions about how everyone should live challenged. There is also the possibility that someone, somewhere, might be getting more sex and having more fun than they are which is, I suspect, the real cause of their opposition.  They should know by now that they can't control the sexual behavior of consenting adults. That has been glaringly obvious since the mid-60s! *sigh* Oh well, I guess that everyone needs a hobby...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #596 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 4:26am

Been talking to Nike about outdoor cat enclosures. The idea has merit and I'm thinking about how we could do it and where would be the best place for our first "unit." Smiley This house only has three doors so one would have to be "dedicated" to the enclosure. *yawn* Time to think about it later. Right now, I need to head out. Busy day tomorrow with hiking and climbing around creek beds and in and out of canyons.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #597 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 1:11pm

Morning! Getting ready to head out. Everyone have a great day and I'll check in when we get back! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #598 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 8:21pm

Smiley We're back. We decided to make a "side trip" to a local "honey farm" to get some honey and other goodies. Spirit is developing a fondness for honey and a fascination with honey bees.  Then we went to the park. We stopped in town on the way back and grabbed a very late lunch.  It's been a difficult day for me emotionally. I'll post why later and elsewhere. When my brain wasn't actively engaged with something else, I was thinking about outdoor cat enclosures. I need to do more research to see how other people have handled specific situations. Right now, I need to chill and get caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #599 - Sep 30th, 2009 at 9:34pm

Heading out for dinner shortly. Be back later.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40
Send TopicPrint