Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sand (Read 157 times)
Lightdragon
Board Moderator

Sand
Feb 23rd, 2010 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Sand comes from various areas. the beach,the desert, from dunes and

ocean beach sand is made mostly of coral. desert sand is made mostly of sandstone. and sand by lakes are made up of other stones.

using it as a sand bed on which to lay some stones and after a few days they will seem a bit more vibrant.

Also rake the sand to promote a peaceful state of mind to remove stress or, before any ritual to center yourself or, a final cleansing to your altar.

spell to hold the sea near you during the winter. You fill a bottle with sand and salt water from the ocean, add some items that remind me of the sea eg: sea shells, rocks, etc.
you hold that in a semi-air tight bottle until the following year. Empty the bottle and start all over again.

However, it may smell like rotten eggs when you open that bottle after a year. better to open that bottle by the ocean.

I used colored sand in a clay cauldron from pet stores for holding my incense sticks and regular incense. Usually every sabbat i changed it. I felt some power but not too much. When i started to use beach sand i felt more power and usually exchange the sand once a year now. Although i do not use sand to recharge my crystals.

When used as a base for stones/crystals the sand tends to draw unwanted energies out of them. Not a classic cleansing proceedure however as when tried to cleanse a stone in it it didn't seem to work that great. Probably the sand keeps a cleansed stone cleaner for longer as it doesn't allow the unwanted foreign energies to "settle" in the stone/crystal. it just seems to keep them clean longer which in turn keeps thier energies crisper longer you might say. at least that's how it seems after 10 days. As for the sand itself there are no expeierenced unwanted energies in it yet. The specific stone which was used in this trial was due for a cleansing within the next few days as it is in a high stress area but as of a few hours , its energies seemed strong so the sand is having a definite effect

sand from a land dune:What was noticed was that when you just layed down on your stomach, for about 30 minutes uninterupted, the warmth of the sand just seemed to draw all unwanted energies out . might be a good idea for aiding in massage work.

Do Not Meddle in the Affair of Dragons, for you are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint