Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What's Happenin' VIII: The Phantom Posts! (Read 40767 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What's Happenin' VIII: The Phantom Posts!
Reply #350 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 5:37am

I downloaded a bunch of interesting stuff that will go into my BOS after I've sorted through it. I have a whole new area of inquiry to investigate which pleases me since it looks like the experiments will be enormous fun of the "fiendish" type! I'm going to get my "Mad Scientist's Lab" set up as soon as I can.  Smiley Then we'll see if this guy knows what he's talking about!

Meanwhile though, I need to hit the sheets!  Iz sleepy writerperson. Therefore, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #351 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 4:19pm

Afternoon!
I've been up for a while but I promised Skywise a special breakfast this morning so the first thing I had to do -- after I had some tea so I'd remember how to cook! -- was make it. Which I did! It has now been consumed and we're sitting around stuffed and digesting it. Today is our last day of vacation and we're just sitting around relaxing. Dinner will be "out" tonight and tomorrow we'll be back on our "Work Routine." *sigh*
I'm going to put together my "Mad Scientist Shopping List" and hopefully get up to Greenwood to get what I need. Some of it I can get from Wal-Mart -- I think! -- or on amazon which is good since the local Radio Shack no longer has "Radio Shack" on the sign out front! I'm going to start with the basic gear and work my way up. The Mind Control Helmet would be cool to have though. Probably after I've mastered the basics..
Smiley Need more tea while I find out what else is going on in the world. Catch ya later..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #352 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 12:40am

Went to dinner and are now back. I've been working on a word document that that I made from a PDF I downloaded yesterday.  It has a lot of information about thought-forms and their use that I haven't run across elsewhere so I put it into a word document, mainly so I can edit out unnecessary illustrations and correct spelling, capitalization and punctuation errors and it will go into my BOS once it is printed out. There are a lot of interesting experiments to try given and I'll probably do most of them. Right now though, I need to get this word document in shape.  Then I have several others I'll be doing too -- I downloaded a BUNCH of stuff last night -- but probably not tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #353 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 5:24am

Vacation's over. *sniff* Tomorrow starts the new "work year" for us. Time for me to head out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #354 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 2:38pm

Smiley Morning!
Early fall decided to jump to late fall! It's 42 degrees right now and it's chilly in the house!
Gonna get some tea and a bite and get to work. Vacation is over until the next one in May.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #355 - Oct 4th, 2010 at 6:12pm

Skywise is on his way to work. *WAIL!* And the "descent into winter" has started. It's still damned chilly, overcast and damp. Which IS better than hot, sunny and dry.
Now I have to get back into my routine, or as is the case, create a new one.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #356 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 4:40am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. I have a lot to do tomorrow to get caught up.

Post # 16,400
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2010 at 4:41am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #357 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 3:16pm

Morning.
I just got up. I slept a little later since I'll be up late tonight. The girls are still asleep and Skywise is out for his walk so I'm going to get some tea and get caught up.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #358 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 9:29pm

Heading out for a while. Can't see. Be back later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #359 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 7:41am

Heading out again.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #360 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:10pm

Afternoon! Smiley
We got up, went to town, ate, bought stuff and came home. Then I worked on editing a word document that I made from PDF that I want to put in my BOS. Then when I finished the section I was working on, I helped Skywise hunt for a book he mislaid and in the process found several of my books that had gone missing plus a pair of never worn, still in the box white athletic shoes in size 9 which I'm pretty sure are Spirit's.  I've eaten again and in about 15 fifteen minutes, I'm going to start packing Skywise's food as he's leaving for work at 5.
And that's just hitting the high points!
Later.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2010 at 8:10pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #361 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 1:50am

I went over the word doc I've been working on one last time and cleaned it up. Now I have another one on the desk top. The author has a bad habit of repeating himself and I think that the current word document is going to be ruthlessly edited! Repeating the bad jokes is bad enough but repeating the same stories and instructions is too much. I could see it if someone hadn't read his previous work but those books are available for download too. So, since I've already downloaded and edited his first two "basic" books, his subsequent work is gonna be cut down considerably! Only new material will be kept and I suspect that they will be slim indeed when I'm done with them.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2010 at 2:17am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #362 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 7:32am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #363 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 7:10pm

Afternoon.
Turned out the light at 4 a.m.
At 9:42 we were awakened by the damned phone ringing. The dentist's office was calling to remind Skywise that he has an appointment on Monday.  Smiley
Couldn't go back to sleep immediately.Smiley
And by the time I "did" get back to sleep, it was time to get up 'cause we had places to go this morning. I needed mailing supplies for my next query and target points for the new arrows I got during vacation. I found everything I needed so that's good. I could just wish that we could have gotten more sleep. I worry about Skywise when he's driving home after a late shift on so little sleep although I know he can do well on considerably less sleep than I do.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #364 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 2:27am

I've been thinking about what isn't working in Book 3 while editing the latest word doc I've made from a PDF. Not terribly challenging but it gives me time to think while still doing something useful.
I'll be starting dinner in a couple of hours, give or take. Hopefully Skywise will get home on time and we can get to bed shortly after that. I think we're going into town tomorrow but I'm not sure. Guess I'll find out tomorrow...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #365 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 7:33am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. I'm just about crosseyed and I really need to hit the sheets.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #366 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:58pm

Afternoon!
I actually got enough sleep last night and I'm feeling pretty good today. I got a book I've been wanting for a while -- the price was finally right -- and I'm pleased about that. Skywise has the weekend and Monday off so we're looking forward to a pleasant weekend. I'm going to get Skywise's food packed and then see what sort of mischief that I can get into.
Later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #367 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 7:18pm

Well, Skywise should be at work by now and I've been finishing up my current "editing" project for my BOS. In every book I've downloaded from this author, he's repeated the construction instructions for the same devices, sometimes more than once, so rather than waste paper, ink and space in my BOS printing them over and over, I'm going to go through the various books, pull out the different versions of the assembly instructions and put the most complete/detailed versions in a "Construction Manual." It will be a bit more work but it makes more sense given what I'm doing. Doing this editing job is giving my brain a break from writing which I suspect that I need. I've been working on the Castle novels non-stop for most of the last three years and posting and reposting the original thread for two years before that. I think my brain needs a rest....  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #368 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 8:22pm

I think I'm about done with the editing. The last two PDFs I looked at didn't, at first glance, appear to have anything useful in them. Since my eyes are giving me fits, I'm gonna go close them for a bit and contemplate Book 3 and the problems therein. That, or fall asleep which is also a possibility.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #369 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 1:13am

Well, it turns out that I did both! Smiley The War Queen decided to lay on my chest and go to sleep which, in turn, put me to sleep.
Then I got up, got a couple of things done and then watched Smallville. Now, dinner is on and I'm back until bedtime.
Time to start wrestling with Book 3 again.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #370 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 4:24am

I'm beat. My eyes are killing me and the software is giving me attitude.
Time to pack it in.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #371 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 6:22pm

Afternoon.
We've done our usual Saturday thing and now, it's time to relax -- more or less since I still have to make dinner and other such chores today. BUT. No running around! So I'm going to get some tea and get caught up.
Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #372 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 5:16am

Well, it's later! Smiley
I worked some on Book 3. That one part still has me stuck but I decided that I'll just work on other parts until I have a breakthrough. Since One and Two would have to be published first, I think I have time!
I'm a bit annoyed. While I was practicing archery today, one of the vanes came off of one of my new arrows. Since a fletching jig costs 30+ dollars and a new arrow only $3, I'm going to replace the arrow. When I have 10 or more arrows that need fletching, I'll buy the jig and study the art and science of arrow fletching!
Right now though, I'm gonna go see if Skywise is interested in being dragged off of the computer and into bed for some extremely up close and personal activities..  Smiley Yeah, I know. I'm shameless and awful and I should act like an "old lady" cause of my age. To which I say Smiley that! I've got it and I'm gonna enjoy it as much and as often as I can for as long as I can!

That said, everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #373 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 4:15pm

Afternoon!
Got up a while ago, Skywise let me sleep late after last night's workout.  Smiley
We'll be leaving for the parade in about 45 minutes to an hour, it starts at 1:30 and we'll have to park and walk to the parade route.

I got confirmation last night that I've been banned from a site that I was active in for a while. And not only banned but had my account, including all posts, deleted as well.  Makes me wonder what would have happened if I'd actually done something to merit it -- which I didn't. I was just my usual gun-toting, plain speaking, man-loving, fiercely independent little self. I'm not upset about the ban. It's akin to being banned from Auschwitz which should give you an idea of the oppressive atmosphere of the place.

Enough of that! Parade in an hour and 15 minutes.
Later.
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2010 at 4:27pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #374 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 9:07pm

We're back!
After the parade, we wandered through the "marketplace" that they had set up on Courthouse Square -- Moonie and I got new belts from a leatherworker and the girls hit the honey farm's table for goodies -- and then stopped for something to eat. Since about half the town had the same idea, we had a while to wait, even though we picked a place that's off the "main" highway. Now we're home and I'm vegging!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40
Send TopicPrint