Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are the Chances? (Read 27858 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What are the Chances?
Reply #100 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:51pm:
Smiley I don't doubt it!

(Why do I have this image in my head of Uni in a train conductor's uniform, tapping his foot, checking his watch and muttering darkly about being behind schedule and having to make up some time?)

LMAO

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #101 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 7:36pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:51pm:
Smiley I don't doubt it!

(Why do I have this image in my head of Uni in a train conductor's uniform, tapping his foot, checking his watch and muttering darkly about being behind schedule and having to make up some time?)

LMAO

So my titling job is messing with my head again.  Now, it's not only pregnancy titles, it's titles about having twins... ugh...  though J would be absolutely thrilled... he WANTS me to be pregnant... so young he is...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #102 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
One or two infants will age him REAL fast....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #103 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:23pm:
One or two infants will age him REAL fast....

WTF Uni, really?  What's my lesson here?  You throw him at me and make me fall in love so hard and fast, and then he just goes away?  What's my lesson here?  That love hurts?  Yeah, I already knew that.  That I'll never love again?  Thanks for that one.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #104 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Again, Uni, what's my lesson here?  That I'll put up with anything?  Hello, we already knew that...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #105 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
WATC that when deciding he wanted an outdoor wedding, he'd pick the date of my grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary?  The grandmother that he met just three days before she died?  Yeah, he rocks... and he's the one...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #106 - Aug 4th, 2011 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Oh, Uni... you are so, so twisted.

So last night, Brandon, who is the friend we're staying with right now, needed to go get his phone from Tiffany, who was staying at her ex-girlfriend's house last night.  We went over there, and J called me.  Hannah, the ex-GF of Tiff, lost her step-father this week, and the funeral is today.  J wanted to go, but he was at his parent's house last night, because of our fight.  So through multiple phone calls, we figured everything out, and Brandon and I ended up going and picking J up.

As we get to his parent's house, Brandon changes the radio station.  LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem is playing.

J wants our wedding to be different.  They're going to dance down the aisles to THAT SONG.  So here I am, about to pick up J, with not a real clue as to where we stand, and Uni is playing our planned wedding song for us...  Shocked  Yeah... I kinda think maybe it's a sign... maybe...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #107 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
I'm beginning to think, Uni, that maybe you do have a plan.  A very twisted and somewhat cruel plan, but a plan nonetheless.

Everything collapsed with V.  She's just... well, you know how that is.  J is... J is fantastic.  I adore him completely, and love him in everyway.  But yeah, you knew that, too.

And here, through all of this, I'm learning that maybe I'm worthy of love.  Maybe I've found someone who means it when he says he'll love me forever.  And also, and you knew this too, I'm learning that you're there.  Guiding me.  In ways that I never thought real or possible.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #108 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Uni may be trying to tell me something -- which someone else has told me over the last few years but reminding never hurts! Anyway, I asked Uni for something last night, not a sign but something more "definite." Much later, Skywise came home with his "bomb" and although we're both trying not to worry, we are, a little. So what is Uni trying to tell me?
Ever hear the phrase "Hakuna Matata"? Yeah, from The Lion King. You know what it means, don't you? "No worries." Which is what Rudas has been telling me for "I've lost track of how long" now. Now, Uni seems to be joining in 'cause that song has been running through my head on continuous repeat all evening!
Gimme a break, Uni!
And I STILL want what I asked for last night. It can't be THAT hard to arrange under the present circumstances!
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2011 at 6:13am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #109 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Uni, you win.  You happy?  I figured out what my lesson with J is.  Screw you, Uni.  You could have taught me this lesson in a way that wouldn't have my heart shattered yet again.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #110 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:27pm:
Uni, you win.  You happy?  I figured out what my lesson with J is.  Screw you, Uni.  You could have taught me this lesson in a way that wouldn't have my heart shattered yet again.

HUGE  Smiley!!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #111 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 6:27pm:
Uni, you win.  You happy?  I figured out what my lesson with J is.  Screw you, Uni.  You could have taught me this lesson in a way that wouldn't have my heart shattered yet again.

Smiley Smiley and more Smiley!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #112 - Aug 22nd, 2011 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Wow, Uni, REALLY?  Ya wanna smack me upside the head with ANOTHER sign?  Really?

On my Etsy wish list, I have the engagement ring that I wanted saved.  I was logging in to see if it was still available, or if it had been sold, and in the back of my head, I was thinking, "If it's been sold, we're not getting married in July."  And it was sold.  *sigh*

But Uni decided to smack me real good... because before going to my Etsy wish list, I see the front page of Etsy, which is all handpicked items.  Handpicked WEDDING items.

So WTF does that mean, Uni?  We're not getting married in July, but we're still getting married some other time?  I don't have a clue...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #113 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Wow, Uni, you're just on hyperspeed for me, aren't you?  WTF?  SLOW DOWN.  I don't even have time to adjust to this rollercoaster at all!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #114 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Yeah, Uni seems to be back from vacation where I am concerned too. TMI for public consumption but things seem to be moving into position to give me what I've been asking for lately.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #115 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 5:14pm:
Yeah, Uni seems to be back from vacation where I am concerned too. TMI for public consumption but things seem to be moving into position to give me what I've been asking for lately.

It's been rapid fire up and down for me, and it's got me so, so off-balance that it's not even funny.  Waiting to see what gets thrown at me next, because I'm sure something will be...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #116 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Asked for a sign today about if J and I are going to work out.  A very, very specific sign.  We have an inside joke about aliens and the Katy Perry song, E.T.  I asked that if we'd work out, I'd hear that song at some point this evening.  I just loaded up Pandora, and it was the first song to play.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #117 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:24am
Print Post  
In that case, I would advise you to relax as much as possible --- I know, asking a lot! --- and just roll with it. Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #118 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:24am:
In that case, I would advise you to relax as much as possible --- I know, asking a lot! --- and just roll with it. Smiley

Yeah, the whole relaxing and patience thing... that's one of my many, many lessons Uni has decided I MUST learn RIGHT NOW.

I'm a tad on the worried side.  Uni is throwing some HUGE lessons my way lately.  Like trust and patience and love and standing up for myself and all the other stuff.  And it makes me wonder WTF Uni has in store for me next.  I mean, if I HAVE to learn these lessons RIGHT NOW, why???

Ugh... LOL

J is grumpy right now.  To be expected after you get your heart crushed like a little bug.  But he's still here with me.  And that's definitely something.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #119 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Our sex can be cruel, especially the younger members of it but older females can be just as bad. At least he realizes that you aren't one of those types. NOW he needs to realize what a jewel he has in you and act accordingly!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #120 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:45am:
Our sex can be cruel, especially the younger members of it but older females can be just as bad. At least he realizes that you aren't one of those types. NOW he needs to realize what a jewel he has in you and act accordingly!

Working on that LOL I've come to the conclusion that I just have to stick it out and prove that I mean it when I say I'm his and that I won't hurt him.  He's only ever been hurt.  He has a really hard time trusting that he won't get hurt.  And I'm going to show him that I won't hurt him.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #121 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:51am
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 12:47am:
Working on that LOL I've come to the conclusion that I just have to stick it out and prove that I mean it when I say I'm his and that I won't hurt him.  He's only ever been hurt.  He has a really hard time trusting that he won't get hurt.  And I'm going to show him that I won't hurt him.

I know someone like that. Unfortunately, his last relationship was a train wreck of epic proportions and he's still picking up the pieces. Frankly, I don't know if he'll ever trust another female to get that close to him again.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #122 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 2:28am
Print Post  
And yet another sign.  This one was NOT asked for.  We were sitting outside in the garage, talking with a couple friends, and listening to the radio.  Suddenly, the song that we'd chosen to walk down the aisle to came on.  We just looked at each other and smiled.  And then it occurred to HIM that we hadn't heard that song since we'd broken up.  Which was very, very odd, because we always have the radio going, and that's a very, very popular song right now.  Yep, that's right, HE caught the sign.  And then suddenly, he shifts.  He moves toward me, touches my hand, and starts talking about OUR future together again.

Still not together; still working on trust again.  But it's another step in that direction.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #123 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 2:33am
Print Post  
Sounds like Uni is going upside J's head for a change.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #124 - Aug 26th, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 2:33am:
Sounds like Uni is going upside J's head for a change.

It's a nice change!  LOL

We were playing Jeopardy on Facebook last night, and one of the final Jeopardy categories was "Pregnancy & Childbirth."  Most people don't see signs in such little things like that, but J did.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint