Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are the Chances? (Read 27893 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What are the Chances?
Reply #125 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Hmmm.... Uni... I'll admit... maybe you do know what you're doing with this one...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #126 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 2:35pm:
Hmmm.... Uni... I'll admit... maybe you do know what you're doing with this one...
Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #127 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 4:06pm:
aranarose wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 2:35pm:
Smiley

That was NOT an easy one to admit.  At all.  LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #128 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley[smiley=happy0188.gif] Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  Thank you, Uni for letting me find out what I found out tonight. I may eventually stop laughing but it will be a while!!!  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Still want what I asked for a while back though! Get with the program, Big Guy!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #129 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Uni has Uni's own timeline.  This is a lesson that is being pounded into my head lately.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #130 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
I know, I know!  That will NOT, however, keep me from bitching at Uni about how long it is taking!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #131 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 5:27pm:
I know, I know!  That will NOT, however, keep me from bitching at Uni about how long it is taking!

Look at what happened with me!  LOL  Single for four years, and perfectly content to remain single.  Then thrown into a relationship that had the first 5 years compressed into 3 months...

Yeah, Uni does things on Uni's timeline, no matter how much we want things to speed up or slow down.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #132 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
I know. "Uni Standard Time."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #133 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 4:47am
Print Post  
*deep breath* Okay, Uni. Is what I found tonight what I think it is? Is it what I asked for a while back?
If it is, you are gonna have to confirm it for me 'cause in this particular instance, I don't quite trust my intuition -- which is telling me it is exactly what I think it is but it could STILL be a wild, crazy coincidence. So Uni, if it IS what I think it is, don't leave me hanging. Drop some real world confirmation in my lap.

Please.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #134 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
Trying to tell me something, Uni?  Well, you better tell him, not me!

Today, I'm listening to my ipod.  I've got it on shuffle, and "Head Over Feet" by Alanis Morissette comes on.  Pretty normal, I've got all her songs on.  And I'm listening to the song, and it's just really hitting me.  One of the lines especially hits home:  "You're my best friend.  Best friend with benefits."

Um, yeah, Uni... yeah... I get it.  This is working for him and I right now, I get it.

But then, Uni, you just HAD to throw in the OTHER song.  At the exact same time, playing on the radio in the kitchen AND on the radio upstairs in the bedrooms is "Party Rock Anthem" by LMFAO.  That's THE song.  The WEDDING song.  As in the song J picked out to walk/dance down the aisle to...

So, Uni, I THINK the message that you're sending me is that this "friends with benefits" thing is EXACTLY what we need to send us down that path.  I THINK that's the message you're sending me, but you better make it a bit clearer.  You know, I do have a thick skull.  Not to mention, you need to pound it into his stubborn Capricorn head as well.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #135 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Well, Uni, I think you got your point across.

We were heading to pick J up last night, and one of our songs, E.T. by Katy Perry came on.  I laughed; it's another sign from Uni.  Sort of.

Then, on the way home, the wedding song comes on the radio.  AGAIN.

Yep, yep.

Then last night, I had a dream.  Before going to bed, I asked for a True Dream.  I have this ability to ask the Universe for True Dreams, and they are dreams of what is going to happen.  Things might not play out exactly like in the dream, but they are pretty darn close.  In this dream, he had an engagement ring designed for me, platinum band with a pink sapphire.

And this morning, he decides that we should get back together Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #136 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Okay, Uni. Time to stop teasing!
The paper shredder was jammed and I had to unplug it to clear the jam. When I went to plug it back into the extension cord, there was the sign. A name -- and I don't need to tell you whose name it was, do I? -- right there on the plug!

ENOUGH WITH THE TEASING ALREADY!!!

Just shut up and come across, okay!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #137 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Okay, Uni...
I've been picking up and moving stuff in the living room.
I just found a quarter on the floor.
One of "those" quarters.
You really know how to string a girl along.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #138 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Chance?  Hmm....

Friday morning, J decides that we should get back together.  Okie dokie... we knew that would happen eventually anyway, though I didn't actually think it would be so soon.

Saturday morning, a friend of mine from high school sends me a message on Facebook.  She's in my part of town, can we get together.  Sure.

We meet up and talk a bunch, and after learning of our living situation, tells me that we can stay with her.  Wow... okay...

So J says we'll check it out.  Then Saturday night, we go to a friend's house for a bit, and he makes me so, so mad when they drop me off at home, and he takes off again.  Mostly because one of the girls there had been flirting with him HARD CORE, and he's not exactly the most faithful person LMAO

I was mad enough that night that I made the decision right then that I was moving, with or without him.

Sunday, after he didn't come home, he sends me a text message in the morning asking me if I will come to his aunt's house, just a few blocks away.  It's where he ended up sleeping the night before, because turns out he was locked out of the house LMAO

He got really, really drunk Saturday night.  Turns out he got so drunk, he wasn't even functionally capable of doing something stupid.  Thank you for that one, Uni Smiley  And he tells me he really does want to go check out C's place and see if we want to move there.

So Sunday night, that's what we do.  And he decides right then and there that yeah, WE are moving over there.  Been there since.

And he's as content as can be now.  AND HIS PHONE IS QUIET.  No dozen voicemails and text messages waiting in the mornings like before.  No half dozen girls texting him all day long.

He ended it with ALL of them.  Every single one.  Texted them all and said he moved away, bye bye, etc.

Thank you, Uni.  You kinda rock right now.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #139 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
*sigh*

Life is chaos.  Uni, you just won't quit throwing it at me, will you?

The signs... shall we discuss the two days where you played the wedding song over and over on different radio stations?  And J is the one who said something about it?  Yeah... nice...

Oh, and the lime green and hot pink EVERYWHERE... wedding colors... yeah... and J is the one who said something about it...

I think, maybe you're throwing things at him harder than you are me, because I'm not the one that has to make the decision.  HE IS.  You know what decision I'm talking about.  The one that is ripping my heart out.

Yeah... I'm going to wait, patiently.  Learn to live day by day, and accept what I get.  But Uni, please, let me stop hurting and be happy with him.  Please?

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #140 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Hmm... okay, Uni, I get it.  I think.  Maybe I understand what my lesson is right now.  Maybe.  Maybe it's that I'm supposed to trust your plan.  That everything will work out the way you've told me it will, even when it seems to be going in the exact opposite direction.

Like when he and I had that long conversation where he told me how much closer he feels to someone else because she's closer to his age.

And then a week later, he decides that we should get married after all.  That we should start planning the wedding again.  And IMMEDIATELY after he says that, the wedding song comes on the radio.  Yeah, that was kinda creepy...

But Uni, can you maybe smack him upside the head?  Let him know that it's really hard on me, and I'm having a hard time being patient with him?  That if he keeps it up, it might not work out after all, because I might just break?  Could you maybe, just maybe get that through to him?  Please?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #141 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you, Uni, for the card I just pulled in answer to my question: The Ten of Swords reversed.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #142 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 10:17pm:
Hmm... okay, Uni, I get it.  I think.  Maybe I understand what my lesson is right now.  Maybe.  Maybe it's that I'm supposed to trust your plan.  That everything will work out the way you've told me it will, even when it seems to be going in the exact opposite direction.

Like when he and I had that long conversation where he told me how much closer he feels to someone else because she's closer to his age.

And then a week later, he decides that we should get married after all.  That we should start planning the wedding again.  And IMMEDIATELY after he says that, the wedding song comes on the radio.  Yeah, that was kinda creepy...

But Uni, can you maybe smack him upside the head?  Let him know that it's really hard on me, and I'm having a hard time being patient with him?  That if he keeps it up, it might not work out after all, because I might just break?  Could you maybe, just maybe get that through to him?  Please?

You posted this a little over a month ago, AR. Offhand, I think that Uni came through for you. Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #143 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 5:38am
Print Post  
Skywise and I have been sitting here trying to figure out how old the Daughters of Chaos are since the young lady who was giving them away appeared to have no clue. Judging by their teeth and play behavior, we decided that they were between 8 and 10 weeks old when we got them which is about the youngest that a kitten can be separated from its mother. So in selecting their " official birthday" we decided to go with 10 weeks which was my first impression when we got them. I counted back from October 9th and we decided on August 1st for their birthdays.  I went to enter them on the roll of the Hall's cats and realized something.
August 1st was the Hearth Queen's official birthday. The "Momma Cat" is still looking out for us....
« Last Edit: Jan 10th, 2012 at 9:33pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #144 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 5:35am
Print Post  
I'm through waiting for you to come across, Uni. Could THAT possibly be the lesson you've been trying to pound into my head all this time?   If so, you and I are gonna have words.  But not tonight.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #145 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
Thank you, Uni.
The "karmic chickens", which are looking more and more like turkey vultures, are finally coming home to roost and it is about time. The only thing I could ask for now is a ringside seat and play by play announcing....

And the bell rings for "Round Two..."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #146 - Mar 5th, 2012 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Thank you for the sign I got last night. I wasn't even on the lookout for one and there it was.
I am now waiting to "take delivery..."

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #147 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Uni, we're gonna have a talk soon. I have serious stuff on my mind about people and events. I need signs and as I soon as I can get sorted and know exactly what and how to ask, you'll be hearing from me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #148 - May 5th, 2012 at 3:16am
Print Post  
I asked for a sign earlier this evening and I appear to have gotten it. At least, it looks like one.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint