Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are the Chances? (Read 27855 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What are the Chances?
Reply #25 - May 26th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 4:09pm:
LOL Things are going well then, I take it!

Oh yes, most definitely!

One of the things they always say is that when you're seeking a relationship, to not have specifics in mind.  Just go with the flow, because you might end up surprised about what you really want after all.  Well, even with that advice, a person can't help having certain images and fantasies in their head of what they'd like the other person to be or do.

Me?  I've always had the sweep me off my feet kind of images in my head, but never, ever got those.  You know, the kind of thing where he calls you over to him, takes your hand, pulls you into his lap, and kisses you so deeply and passionately you can feel that kiss all the way to your toes and wonder why the heck the Universe made you wait so freaking long for that kiss?

Yeah... I got that last night.  Amongst other things.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #26 - May 26th, 2011 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
More WATC synchronicity with my silly little titling job going on now... ugh.. really?

Cruising along with the titles, when "How long does it take a Capricorn to fall in love?" comes across the screen.

And he's a Capricorn.

HILARIOIUS, Uni.  Love ya!
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2011 at 11:05pm by aranarose »  

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #27 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
I'm in major WATC mode right now... because WATC that I'd be in a relationship  Grin

And really, it's the little things.  Like telling the cat, who has started following him around, "Sorry, Bella, I'm already taken," in a totally serious voice.  And sitting here for half an hour watching me do my very, very boring titling job, and showing absolute interest in what I was doing.

I think about everything that had to happen to bring me to this point, and all I can say is WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?

Just in this short time, he's made me happier than ex-hubs EVER made me.  I thought I was so in love with him, and I probably was, but it was different, not this relaxed with him.  J and I?  We just... fit.

And my cat, who is very, very picky about who she likes, and totally, totally despises ex-hubs, adores the new boyfriend! Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2011 at 11:25pm by aranarose »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #28 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Gotta love a man who loves your cat! And it is good that you are happy. You deserve some of that and Uni surely took its time in getting everything in place. Of course, Uni had to wait until the bf was "legal" and all.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #29 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 11:30pm:
Gotta love a man who loves your cat! And it is good that you are happy. You deserve some of that and Uni surely took its time in getting everything in place. Of course, Uni had to wait until the bf was "legal" and all.....

Ain't that the fracking truth!

I think another lesson Uni taught me was that sometimes, we have to be patient for very, very good reason!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #30 - May 26th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
I've been doing the "patient" thing for a while too and I'm hoping that it pays off soon.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #31 - May 27th, 2011 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 26th, 2011 at 11:49pm:
I've been doing the "patient" thing for a while too and I'm hoping that it pays off soon.

Well, my patience lesson took me four years!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #32 - May 27th, 2011 at 12:42am
Print Post  
That's about how long I've been patient too.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #33 - May 27th, 2011 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 27th, 2011 at 12:42am:
That's about how long I've been patient too.

It'll be worth it when you get there!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #34 - May 27th, 2011 at 1:28am
Print Post  
I certainly hope so!

IP Logged

TeamTwig

Reply #35 - May 27th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
WATC that what you think is the universe opening a door for you, is actually the devil in disguise?  Sad

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #36 - May 28th, 2011 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Smiley Apparently pretty good, hon.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #37 - May 28th, 2011 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
TeamTwig wrote on May 27th, 2011 at 11:49pm:
WATC that what you think is the universe opening a door for you, is actually the devil in disguise?  Sad

Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #38 - May 28th, 2011 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Faced our first major challenge yesterday, and survived it.

Our lives are oddly entwined, and were from before dating each other.  He's my roommate's brother, and also friends with my son, and so friends with all the teenagers that tend to hang out around here.  I mean, he is 20 after all, just barely out of his teen years (but definitely a man  Grin ).

So last night, we had a get together, my roommate's and I.  And our adult friends came, and all the teenagers came.  And on the adult side, I got to hear about how I'm a cougar (which I patently deny, as cougars purposely go after only younger men... I didn't go after him, it just happened Smiley )  And he got to hear it from the teenagers.

No less than three people went to him yesterday and asked when he was breaking up with me.  Not if, but when. 

And after the cougar comments, I just sort of blew up and walked down the street to the park to cool off for a few minutes.

I come back home, and sit on the front porch and he comes up to talk to me.  His sister, my roommate comes up as well, and we're all talking, and he's telling her about the crap that people are saying, and tells her that his response to people asking him when he's breaking with me was, "I'm not.  She's an amazing women, and I love her."

I melted.  I really did Smiley

WATC that I could find such an amazing guy?

Everybody is always saying I'm so very random.  It's mentioned at least twice a day.  And one time, he just looked at me, said, "You're random, and I love you."

The melting again!

I keep thinking, "Damn, Uni, you really had something in store for me after all, didn't you?"

All the signs were always there, but it took so, so long, that I was really losing faith.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #39 - May 28th, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Smiley aranarose, it was well past time for the uni to give you the happiness you deserve. Your SO sounds like one amazing man, and I am so happy for you!!

As far as I'm concerned, age doesn't matter... It's how two people feel about each other that really matters!! Wink

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Lisa

Yeah... about that...

Reply #40 - May 28th, 2011 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
WATC that when we all decide to start doing coven-y things together again, and decide Wednesdays are the best day... that the next full moon is on a Wednesday?  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #41 - May 28th, 2011 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
Lisa wrote on May 28th, 2011 at 6:28pm:
WATC that when we all decide to start doing coven-y things together again, and decide Wednesdays are the best day... that the next full moon is on a Wednesday?  Smiley

There is no such thing as coincidence Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #42 - May 28th, 2011 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on May 28th, 2011 at 9:15pm:
Lisa wrote on May 28th, 2011 at 6:28pm:
WATC that when we all decide to start doing coven-y things together again, and decide Wednesdays are the best day... that the next full moon is on a Wednesday?  Smiley

There is no such thing as coincidence Smiley

That is what they keep telling me.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #43 - May 29th, 2011 at 4:12am
Print Post  
He loves me. WATC?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #44 - May 29th, 2011 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Smiley Apparently, pretty good!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #45 - May 29th, 2011 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Every so often, something will happen in my life that makes me pause and realize that there really is no such thing as a coincidence.  How else can you explain that every single moment of my life has prepared me for him?  He loves me exactly because I'm who I am, and he tells me that all day long.  "You are so completely random, and I love you," he tells me.

Other guys will feel the intensity in me at first, the passion, and think, "Oh, she'll be a lot of fun."  Then, they get to know me, and they decide I'm just way to crazy for them.  Been there, done that way too many times.

This guy?  He spends a year getting to know me as a friend, and then decides that I'm just the right kind of crazy for him.

His cousin came  over yesterday; her and I are friends as well.  We sat talking, and she said, "You know, I never, ever would have guessed you two would get together, but now that you are, I see how perfect you are for each other."

We just fit.

And thinking about how the ex broke me so badly, I realize that had to happen for me to be reading for this one.  Being broken like that taught me so, so, so much that makes me a better woman for him, for this one who accepts me so completely and fully that it makes me all giddy just thinking about it.  I think about how he loves my quirkiness, and I realize that all the things that happened to me to make me that quirky were getting me ready for him.

And then me just getting here to the place where I could meet him at all?  That was a whole load of Universe being all crazy and twisty, too!

I was about to lose my house; the jackass I was buying it from on land contract had not been paying the taxes, even though it was part of our contract that he would.  So the county was taking it, and I needed a place to stay.  I was having a hard time finding anything, and it was getting to the point that I was going to have my son go live with the ex, and I was going to rent a sleazy, weekly-rate motel room.  Oddly, I pulled out a deck.  Well, not oddly... it is me after all... any way, I pull out my PsyCards, which are creepily good at giving yes/no answers, because they have Yes and No cards.  I ask if I'm going to be able to move into the motel.  No.  Huh?  Wait, what?  Okay, well, am I getting evicted?  Again, no.  Crazy...  So what am I going to do?  I post on Craigslist that I'm looking for a place to stay for my son and I.  Within an hour, I get an email from a couple who have two rooms to rent.  We go to meet them, and move in the next day.

Here I am, a year later, dating my roommate's younger brother.  It's just crazy.  Thousands of WATC moments that have brought me the most intense happiness I've had since my son was born.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #46 - May 30th, 2011 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Looked at the clock yesterday; it was 11:11.  Miss her.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #47 - May 31st, 2011 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
So, as I've mentioned before, I've found my little titling job to be oddly synchronistic.  It's like a direct line to the Universe.  The titles will start to cluster on topics related to what I am seeking signs for, or about what is upcoming for me.

Ever so minor freaking... they're currently clustering on pregnancy.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #48 - May 31st, 2011 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
..That's interesting...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #49 - May 31st, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on May 31st, 2011 at 5:58pm:
..That's interesting...

Interesting is not quite the word I'd use for it... freaking me out is a more apt description...

Especially after finding out from his cousin that he really wants to have kids, not to mention some not so subtle comments he made yesterday  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint