Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are the Chances? (Read 27897 times)
aranarose
God Member

Re: What are the Chances?
Reply #75 - Jun 18th, 2011 at 2:28am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 9:20pm:
Smiley Hang in there, hon. And believe...

I think patience and believing are the lessons Uni has for me from this relationship.  Gods know you have to be absolutely patient when dating a 20-year-old...  because in all honesty, he's still a kid.  He's doing all the things a 20-year-old does, and so I fight really hard not to get aggravated by some of those things.  He still has a lot of living to do to catch up with me, and I don't want to get in the way of that.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #76 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Last night, I misplaced my black onyx ring. I had put it here on the table next to the keyboard while I made dinner. When I went to put my rings back on, I could find two of them but not the onyx. I hunted last night. Skywise hunted, so did Moonie and Spirit. No luck. The search continued this morning as first Skywise and then I combed the table and the floor around it. No luck. Spirit and Moonie also searched. Still nothing and I was almost resigned to making another one.
A while ago, I politely asked St. Anthony to please give me my ring back. Just now, I picked up one of the kitchen timers to set it to time the potatoes and my ring fell out of the back of it.
Yes, I said "Thank you."

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #77 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Last week, I talked to my son's bio-dad, who lives in Vegas.  He wants our son to come out for a few weeks this summer.  And I was thinking since I have to buy a ticket for him, maybe I'd buy plane tickets for J and I, and we could spend a weekend in Vegas.  He can't gamble, but I'm sure there would be plenty of fun for us there.

That night, I had a dream that J and I went to Vegas and got married.

NO VEGAS FOR US.  LMAO

But it gets worse.  My roommate (my boyfriend's sister!), who had no idea I was even entertaining the idea of going to Vegas with my boyfriend, HAD THE SAME FREAKING DREAM.

Then, I've been having dreams about having two kids, a girl and a boy, with J.

AND MY ROOMMATE HAS BEEN HAVING THE SAME DREAMS.

Frack...
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2011 at 6:22pm by aranarose »  

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #78 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley Sorry, I can't help it!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #79 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 22nd, 2011 at 7:56pm:
Smiley Smiley Sorry, I can't help it!

Yeah... it's not so funny when it's happening to you!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #80 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
You KNOW that Uni never gives up. And I'll try not to giggle so hard. Promise. Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #81 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Uni hates me.  It's the only explanation for the craziness that is my life.  I mean really, how else do you explain the 20-year-old boyfriend who's hardly ever around?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #82 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I do not attempt to explain the workings of whatever Uni uses for a mind.
I just duck and cover....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #83 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 22nd, 2011 at 10:21pm:
I do not attempt to explain the workings of whatever Uni uses for a mind.
I just duck and cover....

I've tried the duck and cover method.  It doesn't work.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #84 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Uni does seem to have very accurate radar, doesn't he/it?

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #85 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 22nd, 2011 at 11:19pm:
Uni does seem to have very accurate radar, doesn't he/it?

Yep.  Way too accurate...

IP Logged

Seraphyna

Winged One

Reply #86 - Jul 1st, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
What are the chances of having the same dream as another person on the same night...and thus perhaps at the same exact time?

"You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body."-C.S. Lewis
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Poe
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #87 - Jul 1st, 2011 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
What are the chances that a book I ordered in early May, which wasn't supposed to be PUBLISHED until September 1, 2011 would arrive today?
Methinks I'm supposed to read this one sooner than originally planned.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #88 - Jul 5th, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Hmmm... Uni? We need to talk. Some months ago, I received a sign that one of the next three queries (to literary agents) I made would be "the one" that got accepted.  I dutifully sent off the queries and got three prompt rejections in a row. Now I'm not sure who lied, You or the person who told me what sign to look for but the point is, I got "the sign" that something specific was going to happen and it didn't. And another thing, I've been getting signs (presumably from You) about another situation near to my heart and while the situation has progressed.. it hasn't progressed in MY direction! Given the cards I pulled on the subject, this is disappointing to say the least. I mean really, how hard is it to interpret a single card draw to a specific question? Especially when it is THAT card? There are some cards, like The Tower and the Ten of Swords that really don't leave much room for doubt so the explanation that I didn't understand the answer I got won't fly.

I'm not asking for much, Uni. I'm willing to do the heavy lifting here. What I need from YOU is a couple of well timed "breaks" for the one situation and as hard a kick in the butt as needed for the other. That's all I need. How things go from there is up to me but I could do with a lot less "talk" from you in the form of signs and a lot more "action" in the form of things happening!  These particular "pots" have been on the back burner long enough!

Post # 19,350

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #89 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Uni, wow.

I guess I've learned to quit arguing with you.  He proposed.  And in such a sweet, indirect, and surprising way.  And then made it more direct the next day.

But you knew.  You knew that it would have to be done that way, because I'm not a normal person, and so can't have a normal proposal LMAO  Leave it to you to give me a guy who would propose while look at custom glass-blown pipes on Etsy by him pointing to the ones that say "Bride" and "Groom" and saying, "You should get those ones."

LOL  Wow...

And yeah, he meant EXACTLY that.  He made sure the next day that I knew what he was asking.  Not that there was much doubt in my mind after H told me that while they were up north, he'd had multiple conversations with them about wanting to propose to me.  He's been thinking about it for a bit, apparently, and not just while he was there with me.

I realize again, of course, that he really is perfect for me.  How the heck, Uni?  Really?  I'd almost swear that you flat out made us for each other.  But no, that can't be, can it?  LOL

The way he makes love?  EXACTLY the way I like it.  Exactly.

And he gives me exactly as much space as I need.  I go lay in the yard to be alone, and he lets me be alone.  Everyone else will swarm me, worried, even though I'm just freaking cloud-watching, but him?  "She's fine.  I'll know if something's wrong."  And he DOES.  I started having a panic attack last night, and he was right there.  "I'm here baby girl, I'm not going anywhere.  You're safe.  I'll never, ever let anyone hurt you again."

Yeah, someone said that after the three weeks we had apart, he'd never want to leave me unsupervised again.  Yeah... he's pretty much moved back in with me.  He's been here every night since getting home.

And Uni, this thing you have going with me not being able to read him?  At first, it aggravated me.  I'd panic.  What's he thinking?  What's he feeling?  I'm used to making my decisions based on what the other person feels, what will make them happy, and I'd just be able to read them to know that.  But not him.  I can't read him.  I have to make my decisions based on what will make me happy.  But it always works out that it makes him happy too.

And I discovered another thing, Uni, about this whole inability to read him.  But you already knew that the only relationship I could trust, that would work for me, would have to be with someone I couldn't read, didn't you?  That was part of your plan all along, wasn't it?

Because with every previous relationship, I wasn't entirely sure of my own feelings.  Oh, sure, when I was with someone, I'd have those feelings of love and excitement and whatever, but I was never quite sure those were my own feelings, or if they were they feelings of the other person.  Because when the other person was gone, the feelings kinda went away.  But this one?  Oh, no.  I'm SURE these are my feelings.  I'm absolutely positive that I'm in love with this amazing man.  Because when he's gone?  Oh, Uni, I miss him so much when he's gone.  So please, please don't take him away from me.  It might just kill me.  Three weeks was TORTURE for us to be apart.  And he felt the same way.  He just wanted to get home to see me.  That's it!

That's how I know he's the one.  Because my feelings for him just grow when he's gone, they don't fade.  They're MY feelings for him.  And it's new and wonderful and joyous...

But now?  How the HELL am I supposed to tell my family that I'm getting married in February to a guy that they do NOT approve of at all.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #90 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
You just tell them, hon. It's your life, not theirs and you have the right to be happy and if J makes you happy and you want to be together and legal, then that it your business.  If your happiness is really important to then, they'll come around. If "appearances" and what is "appropriate" are more important, they won't in which case, they can go to Hell or some other appropriate dimension.
Yeah, I went through the whole "family doesn't approve" thing so I know how it is and I tend to take a rather hard line.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #91 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
They'll get over it.  My family took bets on my first marriage.  Literally.  They had a pool going on how long it would last.  Somehow, it outlasted everyone's guesses.  Not that it should have...

People who see J and I together?  They KNOW that we're right for each other.  His absolute closest friends tell me he's NEVER been like this with someone else.  That we're really, really good together.

So when my family sees us together, they'll be fine with it. But it really doesn't matter anyway, 'cuz I barely see my family at all throughout the year.  They'll just have to get used to him being around Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #92 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
OMG He wants to marry me.  He really, really wants to marry me.  WATC????

We were sitting in bed last night; I was working and he was watching TV.  I set the computer down, and he grabbed it and started looking some stuff up.

He's planning on going into the Marines, and was looking into that, and then started looking at West Point and the Naval Academy.  As soon as he found out that you can't go there if you're married, he said, "Nope, those are out."

I was like, "Why?  We can wait, and get married after you graduate."

"Nope.  I'm not waiting to marry you."

I was just like, "Wow."  I told him he's not allowed to postpone his plans for me.  He's still going to live his life and follow his dreams, and if it means I can't marry him for a few years, I'll just live with that.  But he's determined.  We are GOING to get married, it is GOING to be in February, and that is just that.

How does this happen?  We've been darn near inseparable since he came home from up north.  His cousin, Tiff, who he hangs out with all the time, because they both live at their Aunt Sharon's house, now is here all the time as well.  She's pretty much his best friend; he tells her EVERYTHING.  Even she told me he is dead serious and absolutely determined to marry me.

I'm shocked on a regular basis at just how much this man loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me.  I mean, I knew within days of dating that he was the one, but him?  It still shocks me that he feels the same way!

When we first got together, the first few weeks, he was staying here because he'd gotten in a fight with his aunt.  But he wasn't sleeping with me.  Yeah, we were having sex, but neither of us were quite ready for him to sleep in here with me.  But now?  From the night he got back from up north, he's been in here with me.  All of a sudden, we went from dating, to apart for three weeks, to *bam* we're engaged and you can't keep us apart.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #93 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Somewhere, Uni is laughing.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #94 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I think Uni is laughing uproariously right now.  With the whole, "Let's have a baby," thing, and the marrying me thing, and just everything... holy crap, Uni, really?  Really?

You throw the guy of my dreams at me, but don't even really give us time to figure each other out?  What's the rush, Uni?  You've got me worried now.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #95 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Maybe Uni has decided that you wasted enough time on the ex and it is time to get back on track. Of course, you and Uni had to wait until J was "legal" before you could get started on that particular project. Uni really should have planned that better....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #96 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 5:04pm:
Maybe Uni has decided that you wasted enough time on the ex and it is time to get back on track. Of course, you and Uni had to wait until J was "legal" before you could get started on that particular project. Uni really should have planned that better....

You'd think Uni would be fully capable of planning better...

It just seems so, so fast.  And yes, I want to marry him, but this fast?  Uni, I did the fast marriage before, and it didn't work out so well.  So you're really stressing me out here on this one.

And the babies thing?  Yeah... there's this whole thing called he just graduated from high school, does not yet have a job, and is considering going into the Marines, and you want to throw babies at me?  That's more stressing out, of course.

And the signs?  Yeah, they're ALL there.  Uni, really?  Can we slow down just a bit?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #97 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Uni seems to have only two speeds: Slow/Idle and Full Speed Ahead/All Hell's breaking loose!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #98 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:02pm:
Uni seems to have only two speeds: Slow/Idle and Full Speed Ahead/All Hell's breaking loose!

Yes, well, can we go back to slow/idle for a bit?  'Cuz I've been on Full Speed Ahead/All Hell's Breaking Loose for a bit now.  And I need a breather.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #99 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Smiley I don't doubt it!

(Why do I have this image in my head of Uni in a train conductor's uniform, tapping his foot, checking his watch and muttering darkly about being behind schedule and having to make up some time?)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint