Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Veridian's Favorite Recipes (Read 908 times)
Veridian Etoile
Ex Member

Veridian's Favorite Recipes
Mar 16th, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Here are some of my favorite recipes, that I make once in a while or almost weekly here at my little house.

Thyme Roasted Potatoes:

2 lbs potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
1/2 to 1 cup olive oil, regular or extra virgin (depends on how much oil you like)
2 tablespoons of your favorite seasoning salt or a salt and seasoning blend
1 tablespoon of dried thyme

Mix potatoes, seasoning, thyme and oil together into a bowl, tossing so everything is well blended and potatoes are well coated.

Place in a single layer on one or two baking sheets, making sure each potato is in contact with the sheet to get good carmelization and crunch.

Place in a 450 or 500 F oven for about 20 to 30 minutes then turn oven down to about 350 F for another 20 to 30 minutes or until fork tender.

Lemon-Thyme Chicken:

For 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small thighs, either with skin on or off:

Marinade, mix in a large ziplock bag and shake well to blend:
2 tablespoons of olive oil (extra virgin or regular)
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of dried thyme

For baking:

Two or three lemon slices for each piece of chicken
2 teaspoons of dried thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

Let sit for 10 minutes to let flavors blend, then add the chicken, making sure it is well coated with the marinade. Marinate for at least 10 minutes, up to 2 hours. The longer this marinades, the stronger the lemon flavor... Marinate for only 10 minutes for a very mild lemony flavor, if you want it really strong, go the full 2 hours. After that amount of time, the lemon will start cooking the chicken so don't let it go more than that!!

Remove chicken from bag, toss marinate. Place in an ungreased baking dish, season with salt and pepper to taste.

If using skin on chicken, make a pocket between the skin and the flesh, and insert the lemon slices. If using deskinned chicken, just place the lemon slices on top of each piece of chicken.

Cook in a 375 F oven for about 45 minutes or an hour, or until done. Discard or eat the cooked lemon slices.

This recipe is very flexible, so one can double or triple (or more) if it's needed. Just make sure you have enough room in your ziplock bag or have more than one bag of marinade set up so all pieces get evenly marinated.

Lemon-Thyme Rice:

Cook rice according to package directions. Just after you pull it off of the heat, stir in:

1 teaspoon of dried thyme
2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon rind

This recipe is for two servings of rice... Double, or triple as necessary.

Cover and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. I generally serve this with my lemon-thyme chicken.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Veridian's Favorite Recipes
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 3:20am
Print Post  
This Topic was moved here from Creative Creations [move by] Penthesilea.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Veridian's Favorite Recipes: Banana Nut Bread
Reply #2 - Aug 24th, 2012 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Here's the recipe for Banana Nut Bread our family likes. I got it a couple of months ago from a Facebook Page called "The Kitchen Witch".

Banana nut bread :
Need :
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/4 cup of chopped nuts ( if you do not like nuts add raisins)
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can be easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Mix:
No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour and nuts last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
(If making muffins reduce cook time to about 20 mins )

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint