Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Whatcha Doing??? (Read 26545 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Whatcha Doing???
Reply #175 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 6:11am
Print Post  
I've been rooting around in the basement and found a couple of references I need for my Big, Black Book. I also got the printer to work and I now have a theory which I will bounce off of Skywise at first opportunity. Which "should" be in less than an hour so I'm going to head out while I can!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 19,519
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2011 at 6:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #176 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
I've figured out how to set up Sanctuary's Library so that we can have at least "some" division of materials. It ain't the Dewey Decimal System but it "should" keep things reasonably easy to find.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #177 - Jul 17th, 2011 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I'm making a word document of my ruminations which I've posted in various parts of Sanctuary and deciding which ones I'll print out to put in my Big Black Book. Not all of them, of course, and probably only the posts made by me and NONE of the "advice" I was given by now "discredited/disgraced by their own backstabbing" sources. Even so, we're talking over 500 posts -- so far....
This journal may need a separate book!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #178 - Jul 18th, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
I'm sitting here listening to the dishwasher chug its way through its cycle. I'm putting "dishwasher de-limer" through it after which, the dishes will be going through.
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2011 at 8:24pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #179 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:18am
Print Post  
I've been working on my Big Black Book for a while now and "materials" have been accumulating around the computer. *sigh* So I've been mucking out the immediate area and hauling the reference books that I don't need RIGHT THIS MINUTE back downstairs. I'm hoping that I will be able to find them when I need them....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #180 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Gonna go crash. Don't blow the place up while I'm gone....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #181 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Gotcha... Although the cats may try to take it over, part of their plan of WORLD DOMINATION as you know... Wink

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #182 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:31am
Print Post  
I was thinking about painting the fingernails and toenails but I'm too darn JUMPY to right now, I'd get nail polish all over everything BUT the nails... Bright purple polish on my skin? NOT GOOD!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #183 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 12:42am
Print Post  
I am resisting the temptation to devour an entire box of Archway Date filled Oatmeal cookies. I am jumpy and when I'm this way, I want to eat....
And NOT carrot sticks either!!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #184 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:20am
Print Post  
I am now listening to Josh Groban sing love songs in Italian....
« Last Edit: Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:21am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #185 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:21am
Print Post  
Working.  Gave the BF one of my jobs, and he's doing quite well at it.  LOL  We're sitting here at the dining room table one on each computer, working away.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #186 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 1:29am
Print Post  
I'm listening to CREED...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #187 - Jul 21st, 2011 at 2:31am
Print Post  
I'm doing something that may show me something that I cannot unsee... Shocked

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #188 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:37am
Print Post  
I am sitting -- which feels very good since I just finished putting 87 sheets of paper through my copier one at a time in order to make 44 copies.

Background: My currently temperamental copier has an attachment that permits two sided copying in one step -- no turning over the paper manually needed. The pages in my Big Black Book are going to be printed on both sides. I'm using 100% cotton, 24 lbs., archival quality paper for this project since I do intend for it to last a while. The plan WAS to print out the files directly onto the 100% cotton paper but since the copier FLATLY REFUSES to print on both sides of the sheets, I had to print out the file on regular paper and then use the copier to print the pages for the book. Smiley The reason I want to print on both sides is for reasons of size. I've barely started pulling information together and I already have 200 pages.  This does NOT include the Formulary and the Spellbook I'm compiling. Again.. Smiley

I'm not going to complain though. Last night, the dratted thing would NOT print any word document written up in AppleWorks (Apple's discontinued work processing software) even though it has worked fine with it up to now. It would only print documents composed in Pages. I did a little fast checking last night and found, to my dismay, that I could NOT directly cut and paste my AppleWorks docs to Pages without having to go through and completely reformat the documents, including putting back all the diagrams and illustrations -- essentially retyping all the work I've done so far...
That is NOT the sort of thing you want to discover at 2 in the morning!  I don't know if Skywise worked on it before he went to work today or not but when I tested it this afternoon, it printed the AppleWorks files.  So if I have to print my stuff one sided and then run it through the copier to get printing on both sides, I will 'cause I figure that it is less work that retyping, reformatting and re-illustrating the whole thing!  
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2011 at 12:45am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #189 - Jul 22nd, 2011 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
I'm plotting out the next 3, maybe 4 weekends.
This Sunday: Harry Potter, very first showing in the morning. Time to see Voldemort get his!

Next Sunday: Captain America, very first showing.  Can't wait to see Chris Evans in all his shirtless glory! Smiley

The Sunday after: the Indiana State Fair if the weather permits. If it is too dang hot, we'll go the Sunday after and hope that it is cooler. We do NOT want a repeat of the year when the staff at the Red Cross building took one look at me and dragged me inside and made me lay down in the air conditioning!! When Skywise and the girls came looking for me, they got shanghaied too! NOT our most fun visit to the fair!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #190 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 2:09am
Print Post  
Resting.
I've been excavating downstairs, sorting things into three categories: Keep. Recycle. Pitch.
There has been more "Recycle" than anything else tonight although there is a chance that some of the "Keep" will end up in "Recycle" before all is said and done. Right now, I need to make some dinner.

Oh, and I told Skywise about the printer not printing on both sides and he said that it might (probably) be the driver because HP stopped upgrading the driver for our printer, he had to find an "unauthorized" driver so it would work with the version of the Mac OS were using.  So, there is probably nothing to be done about it and I will continue doing it like I did last night. He suggested that I print out all the odd numbered sheets and then turn the paper over and run the even numbers but the potential for me screwing THAT up is off the charts so I'll stick to what I know will work!
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2011 at 2:16am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #191 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Working.  J is gone until Sunday, which means I get a bit of a break.  LMAO  I love him to death, but I am so not used to the go-go-go that he likes LOL  Gotta work, baby, gotta pay them bills!

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #192 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 2:48am
Print Post  
No kidding!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #193 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 2:48am:
No kidding!

I got him working, though he hasn't worked much LOL  I put him on one of my jobs, and told him what he makes is his.  What I make pays the bills and any extra I make is for me to spend as I please.  Of course, I end up spending it either on my kid or on J, so he pretty much gets what he wants regardless LOL  But I also know he needs motivation to work!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #194 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Awareness of the monthly mortgage payment has always been all the motivation we've needed around here.

Post # 19,691
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2011 at 3:02am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #195 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 3:00am:
Awareness of the monthly mortgage payment has always been all the motivation we've needed around here.

Post # 19,691

Yeah... I can pay ALL the household bills on 10 hours of work per week... which is of great advantage when you have a fiance who is so protective that he barely wants you out of his site (my getting raped by my ex MAY have something to do with that...)  He's been planning to go to the drag strip for a few weeks now, and even now, he's texting me, "Hey babe, I can stay home with you if you want.  It's okay."

LOL  It's like, "Hello!  I survived 32 years without you, I think I can handle a weekend Smiley"  He's just remembering the misery of being apart for three weeks, but this is just two days, so won't be nearly as bad.

And like I said, now I can get a ton of work done.  There's a few things we're both wanting, not to mention wanting to get a car, move, and pay for a wedding in six months... Yeah, he's learning that we CAN'T play all day, sometimes we do have to work.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #196 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 3:52am
Print Post  
I hear you. "Back in the day" I had to remind Skywise more than once that we were NOT independently wealthy with a cook, housekeeper and (later) a  nanny on staff and THAT meant that if we were going to eat on his days off, I had to get my butt out of bed and get to work in the kitchen!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #197 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Well, I made a little headway in the basement. I wanted to be farther along by now but hopefully I'll be able to make a dent in it after we get home tomorrow afternoon.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #198 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
I'm working a little on my Big Black Book -- trying to write up an intro to the section on "Combat Magick" -- and having a little success. I may be the only one who ever reads it but I'd like it to be as complete as I can make it. Anything that I get from another source is going to be credited although I don't know if I'll go so far as to include a bibliography! THAT might be a bit much! It is probably going to be more along the lines of a grimoire than a BoS since I'm putting in so much reference material and my journal entries will be going in another book.  I'm also wondering how much I should put in about runes -- very basic info I think -- since THAT subject can and has filled volumes.
Then there are talismans and amulets....
And herbs....
And stones.... Smiley
I think I need a break.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #199 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking there are some local people (local to me here in NS) that are too darn stupid for words... Gee whiz...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21
Send TopicPrint