Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about sage (Read 1376 times)
SooleawaSoyala

Question about sage
May 29th, 2011 at 12:52am
Print Post  
So i was gifted some white sage flower heads that were cut on the autumn equanox but im having toruble deciding what to do with them.

I know burning the sage as a smudge stick helps ward off evil spirits and cleanse a house, but what does cruching it do. Cuz i just got a wood mortor and pestal and i was wanting to grind up some of the other herbs that i had been given since they are now sufficiently dry and put them in bags to hang in my room.

I have mugwort and holly leaves too besides the sage flower heads and stems. I wanted to make little herb bags to make my room feel more positive, cuz ive been having problems sleeping in it lately even after hanging my new dream catcher. Its not that i have nightmares, i just feel generally uneasy in my room and it takes me a long time to fall asleep and i wake up often. Theres been somethin that chills in the one corner of my ceiling since i was little but it doesnt bother me it just likes to watch. Whatever it is thats in there now moves around in the corner of my vision and just makes me feel uneasy. so im hoping a little herb bag will shoo it out

IP Logged

sleepycat
Global Moderator

Lord and Most High Master
of Mischief and Mayhem

Re: Question about sage
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2011 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Wow, White Sage has so many uses, it's not even funny.

If you crush it ( and I am assuming this is dried ) you can burn it on a charcoal block.

Most people do not understand how sage is used in smudging, this is how it was explained to me by a Dakota Medicine Man:

Sage is used outdoors, in a "clean" place ( i.e blood or body waste has not been in the area )
Sage draws together ALL of the surrounding energies in the area where it is burned and creates an "energetically  neutral" space. in other words, it blends the 'positive' and 'negative' together and "zeros out" the space.

If you use sage in an area with nothing but 'negative' energy, all it does is draw it into one spot and concentrate it. There's no positive to 'balance' it with! Same with a space that is 'positively' charged. The energy is drawn into one place.

This is why most books tell you to open a window when using sage indoors, so that you can draw energy into the space from outside.
This is also why smudging with sage in a house where really bad things have occurred often fails to help, there's no 'positive' available to balance the bad stuff!

Sanctuary's Graphics God and Official Watch Kitteh.

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2011 at 4:10am
Print Post  
yes it is dried, as well as the mugwort and holly leaves

but that still works though cuz there is a window in my room right next to the problem spot so ill just open it while i burn the sage

would it help too to save a little bit of it to mix with the others and put in a bag to hang on the wall?

IP Logged

sleepycat
Global Moderator

of Mischief and Mayhem

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
SooleawaSoyala wrote on May 30th, 2011 at 4:10am:
would it help too to save a little bit of it to mix with the others and put in a bag to hang on the wall?

Depends on what you mean by "help".
Do you want to send this entity away? Or do you want a "zone of protection" around your bed, so you can sleep undisturbed?

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #4 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 1:46am
Print Post  
i would settle for just being able to sleep

IP Logged

sleepycat
Global Moderator

of Mischief and Mayhem

Reply #5 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
My apologies, I lost track of this thread.

Mugwort is a scrying/dream herb. Unless you are a dreamwalker, this one is not going to help.

This is my suggestion:

Take the sage, grind it, put it some oil (jojoba or almond or olive)

Dress the holly leaves with the oil; empower them as you do so.

Place them, point out, around your bed. As you do this; chant, visualize, form your intent, however you do things, but gather, focus, and send the intent of peace and protection into the holly leaves.

Link them together to make an energy barrier. Use some red thread if you need a visual aid.

This is a fairly easy and pretty powerful protection.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint