Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Kitty Insanity (Silly Stories About Cats) (Read 8968 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Kitty Insanity (Silly Stories About Cats)
Jun 15th, 2011 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Share the silly things your cats have done here!! Just remember to share only the GOOD stories about how insane your cat(s) are and their goofy actions...

We currently have two kitties residing here, Noelle and Amber... Noelle is almost 16 years old and Amber is close to 6 years old.

Age does NOT matter when a cat decides it's going to go insane and start doing goofy things... I know this for a fact because I had a cat named Birdie that used to dive bomb me when she was 20 years old!! Shocked

Noelle likes to dive bomb me too, although she doesn't go to the very top of the stairs like Birdie used to, she only goes about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up. It's still rather disconcerting to have a 5 pound furball land on one's head, no matter how far they've leaped!!

Amber is pretty silly too... In fact, one of her favorite things to do is use the litterbox and ZOOM through the house and up the stairs, which means I get ran over by a fat furball each time she does that... Roll Eyes

More funny stories to follow, these two and other cats I've lived with over the years do love to pick on me... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Kitty Insanity (Silly Stories About Cats)
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Kitten insanity:

Miss Noelle, our white fluff ball, was adopted just before the holidays in 1995 from our local animal shelter. She was about 5 months old when Nanny adopted her.

One day not long before Christmas, Nanny was laying on the couch watching TV when she saw her artificial tree suddenly start to shake... She looked more closely at the tree and then a furry white face POPPED out from between the branches.

Yep, Noelle had climbed the tree. In fact, she climbed it pretty much every year Nanny had the tree set up!!  Smiley

Nanny and I used to play Yahtzee by the hour... The first time we played it after adopting Noelle, she JUMPED up on the table the instant she heard the dice rolling. Nanny and I jumped because we were NOT expecting Noelle to do that!! Nanny quickly balled up a piece of paper and tossed it across the floor. Four furry white paws scrambled on the cushion floor as Noelle took off after it!! After that, we couldn't play Yahtzee without tossing the used papers for Noelle to chase. Smiley

Nanny had a picture of Noelle that first Christmas with her front paws on my MIL's shoulder and her back paws on the chair back, watching Momma in law peel potatoes.

Nothing was crazier than having three kittens at once though... The summer I turned 14, we had adopted three kittens: Booay (pure black), Cubby (a cream and blue tortoiseshell) and Tygress (a double pawed brown and black tabby). My mother had a LOT of plants around the house before we adopted those three but didn't have too many left after those three were finished with them...  Smiley

My mother has a picture of Booay when she was about 5 weeks old, curled up in the dog's food dish. It was so cute!!! (Note to self: get Mom to scan it onto a CD so I can post it sometime!!)

More silly cat and kitten stories to come... Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:58pm
Print Post  

This is a revised version of a post that is somewhere on Sanctuary. The incident is funny and took place back in 2006.  The only sad thing is that, except for the War Queen, the cats mentioned in this story have passed on and  I’ve replaced their usernames with their real ones.

Quote:
One of the less attractive aspects of raising a "working" country cat is underway. The War Queen has been bringing home living prey for Samson, the Lord of Samhain so he can learn what is "prey" and how to kill it. Mischief, the Hearth Queen has been instructing him in the art of the "clean kill." One of the drawbacks of having a predator as a pet is finding various small dead critters around.

Which brings us to another drawback of having a predator for a pet.  At about 6:25 p.m. local this evening, as I sat here with Spirit minding my computer, Mischief, the Hearth Queen brought a live, uninjured and extremely excitable chipmunk into the house through the kitty door. Spirit yelped and the next thing I know the chipmunk had been released and had taken refuge under the stereo table in the living room. While the girls mobilized and got it surrounded -- more or less -- I called Skywise at work to appraise him of the situation. Just days ago, he insisted that the cats wouldn't bring live prey into the house.....
Both Miss Maggie and Mischief were in the living room as we attempted to flush the critter from hiding. Mischief could have cared less. She had caught it once already. It was now His Little Lordship's turn. He was NOT interested.  So we kept up with the flushing while hoping that it wouldn't decide to hide behind the entertainment center. (I'd already blocked our bedroom door so it couldn't skin under there and get under our bed or in our closet!!) Well, I was poking with one of the walking sticks when I heard a yelp from MoonCat and considerable commotion from the kitchen. The chipmunk had broken from cover, dashing for the kitchen with little Miss Maggie in hot pursuit! By the time I had made it to the kitchen, Maggie had chased it into the gap between the cabinet and the stove. And there matters stood. Maggie couldn't get to it but it could get into the cabinets on either side through holes cut for pipes and such.  I took the walking stick and tried to drive it out to no avail. Sooo, I carefully took as much out of the cabinet with the biggest access hole as I could. Then, I pulled our very large, heavy stove away from the wall. I stood on a step stool and shined a light down and spotted the beasty who was refusing to budge.  *sigh*  We corralled Maggie who had temporarily lost interest and put her in the cabinet and closed the door. She got the idea -- and the scent -- and in less than a minute all hell broke loose again as the chipmunk dashed across the kitchen before the girls could catch it and dove into the utility closet. MoonCat went in after it with a capture jar -- a very large Jif peanut butter jar -- and quickly emerged with a confused, frightened but unharmed chipmunk in the jar. We slapped the lid on it before it could think to nip her and it was released outside where hopefully it will elude further capture!  Smiley I went back to the phone, reported the successful capture to Skywise, let the person I’d been PMing with  know what had happened since I had disappeared on her and then put the living room and the kitchen back together.......
AND THAT DAMNED CAT DOOR IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!!!

A while later, I made this post...
Quote:

MoonCat is out in the woods with his Little Lordship and reports, via radio, that he is carrying a chipmunk around by the tail....
HE'S NOT GETTING IN THE HOUSE WITH IT!!!!!

It should be noted here that the cat door has since been removed MUCH to my personal delight!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Oh. My. HEAVENS.... Shocked

Our cats have brought stuff into the house before but nothing that caused THAT much confusion!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Even with the kitty door removed, it still gets lively around here from time to time. Mice WILL find a way to get into the house on their own and the minute that they are spotted, it is a three way feline free for all to see who can get the mouse first.....

It is a miracle that I still have curtains....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Sounds like my house, except it's a two way free for all when a mouse or vole gets in here... Grin

Picture this:

You are sound asleep in your bed, laying on your stomach. You wake up to something JUMPING on your legs...  You look over your shoulder and see your cat bouncing up and down and just acting GOOFY... You wonder what in the blazes got into your precious feline, then you take a closer look and see she's playing with a mouse RIGHT ON TOP OF YOU!!

Yeah, that happened to me about 13 years ago... Gee thank you Miss Birdie!!  Smiley

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 2:48am
Print Post  
The Midnight Prince decided he wanted attention from me, so I put him on my lap. Few minutes later, he was very restless and kept nudging my arm whenever I typed or moved the mouse. He's now on my bed after he got off my lap!  Smiley

Cleaning house with the Dustbuster2!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Aww, that sounds like something our white ball of fluff, Noelle would do!! LOL

Here's one that happened when I was 22 years old, my dad was still alive at the time and I was still living at home with my parents...

At the time, we had 12 cats... Fuzzy, Bear, Ms. Pac Man, Tygress, Cubby, Booay, Dusty, Josie (who was male believe it or not!!), Sneakers, Pookie, Sammy Jo and of course, Miss Birdie. (Yes, I actually remembered ALL of the cats' names from then!!)

We also had three dogs: Stormy (a black Lab/Shepherd mix), Butch (Irish Setter/Collie mix) and Muffin.

Muffin was a small beagle with a kind of odd attitude, she wasn't a typical dog. In fact, she thought she was a cat.

Seriously.  Smiley

Anyway, I think my it was my sister who happened to be in the living room at the time and saw a VERY large mouse zoom through the living room of the mobile home we were living in at the time.

Sissy HATES mice...So she screeched, yelling for me and my parents to grab the nearest cats and come to the living room. I naturally grabbed Birdie... As y'all know from previous posts, she was a decent hunter and loved to hunt mice. I think Mom nabbed Fuzzy and Daddy grabbed Bear... Although Bear was old, she was a VERY good mouser.

Daddy put an old foam mattress across the way into the living room so the mouse couldn't zip past us and the cats into the kitchen and the hall beyond. We started putting cats into the living room but as soon as their paws touched the carpet, they would turn tail and JUMP over the foam mattress Daddy had across the entrance way.

We kept grabbing cats and tossing them in one right after the other... Birdie, Ms Pac Man, Fuzzy, Josie and even poor Sammy Jo went into the living room... They would take one look around and ZOOM out even after seeing the mouse!!

After about a half hour of this, we finally gave up and decided to catch the mouse ourselves to release outside again, this time back in the woods behind the trailer so there was less chance of it coming back in later on.

Just as my mom was looking for something to put the mouse in, Daddy noticed that the mouse was laying on its side... We thought it was gone but when Daddy picked it up, it was breathing and seemed to be stunned.

There were NO cats around the living room for several minutes but Muffin had been in amongst the fray, chasing the mouse around the living room just before Daddy saw that it wasn't running any more.

It was the blasted dog Muffin who got the mouse in the end!!  Smiley

Although the mouse was stunned, he/she was okay... My dad took it out into the woods and released it by an old tree that was hollowed out so it could make itself at home there.

That was one crazy day, I tell yas... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
A typical end to the evening at my house...

I don't allow the cats in the bedroom with us, Amber is HUGE and will lay on top of us... She will also dig at our noses to wake us up so we can pet her. Widdle brat...

Anyway, after the bedroom door is closed for the night, Amber will sit by the door, scratch at it and YOWL, high loud and REPEATEDLY!! I'll hear *scratch, scratch scratch* MEEEEEEEE-NOWWWWWWWWW!!!

*scratch scratch scratch* ROOOOOOOOOOOOWRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

*scratch scratch scratch*

MER-ROOOOOOOOOOWR!!!

*scratch scratch scratch*

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Insane furball!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley That sounds like the sort of thing that happens when I keep my bedroom door closed and the Prince of Midnight wanted in. However, instead of meowing loudly, he'd try to break into my room!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Smiley Amber has tried to do that too... I swear that chubby girl is insane or something...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
The moulding on the right hand side of Moonie's bedroom door has been completely destroyed by first the Hearth Queen and then the Boys using it as a scratching post AND as a way to pester her until she opens the door and lets them in. This isn't "our" house. It is THEIR house and they just let us live here 'cause we open the food containers, keep the self-feeders and water bowls full and clean the litter boxes!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Smiley That's our house... It was Birdie's house when we moved in, became Angel, Amber and Noelle's house too and now Amber and Noelle rule the house!!

When we adopted Nanny's cats over a year ago, it only took Amber THREE DAYS to act like she's always been here... And thanks to her and Fluffy Bum/Noelle, the back of both living room chairs are SHREDDED and Amber thinks the carpet on our stairs is her own personal scratching post...  Smiley

Laser pointer + my sister's cats Romeo and Stubby = KITTEH INSANITY!!

(never ever shine a laser pointer around her dog, he'll try to eat it...)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2011 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
When we go shopping for desk chairs, people are always trying to sell us leather ones. No way! Leather wouldn't last half a day around here before someone, probably the Queen, had their claws in it! Better to buy fabric covered chairs that can take the kittyclaws better!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #14 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Leather would NOT last long here either, especially with Miss Noelle wanting to shred and EAT the stuffing inside the chair!! My computer chair is one my cousin gave me... It's HUGE and has a soft fabric (which is like very short velvet) covering on it. It's black and that means Noelle's fur REALLY shows up on it... Roll Eyes

This next bit really isn't insanity but it's cute and I thought our resident cat people would love to read this...

Each morning when I get up, Ambers follows me around the downstairs, talking to me... She goes "Me-NOW-rowr-rowr-rowr-ROWR!!" constantly!! It's so cute one can't help but start loving her up!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #15 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
When I was in my early 20s and my Dad was still alive, my parents would let me host an end of summer/birthday party for me at our home. Some friends stayed the night, others stayed sober and drove home any time after 3 a.m.

The year I turned 21 was quite the bash... Even the cats got involved. One of the cats tried to shred one of the tents we had set up in the front yard, another one tried to claim the cot we had set up for a friend of mine with a bum knee (she hurt it during softball the night before) and Miss Birdie herself even decided to get her own revenge on someone who is NOT a cat person...

There was one guy that I was good friends with all through school... We met when I was in grade primary and remained friends all through our school years. The one thing we disagreed upon was liking cats. I'm a HUGE cat person, he couldn't care less if there was a cat around.

Cats CAN sense when someone doesn't like them. They can and WILL do their best to let the person know that they are a LOT smarter than they act sometimes...

My non cat friend had an old car, a 1963 Chevy II. Nice car, he had even installed an "a-OOGHA" horn on it for fun. He kept that car PRISTINE and babied it. If one piece of dirt got on that car, he would wipe it off using the corner of his trench coat.

The day after my 21st birthday bash, I got a phone call from that particular friend... He said something about my "insane cat" (Birdie) taking a bath on the HOOD of his Chevy... And how he noticed there was dusty paw prints on the car from front bumper to back bumper. I think there were even paw prints INSIDE of the car on the dash, because he had left the windows open...  Smiley

Yeppers, Miss Birdie really got back at my friend for NOT being a cat person... The car wasn't damaged and the cats were fine but my friend learned a VERY powerful lesson that night...

NEVER tick off a furball, else you may regret it...

Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #16 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Amber is more crazy than usual today due to the incoming severe weather...

It is days like today I wish Hubby would lend me his helmet from WWII just to be on the safe side... *DUCKS*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Noelle was in a wild and wacky mood yesterday... I got dive bombed by that fluffy furball TWICE within an hour... Roll Eyes

And even though she weighs less than 6 pounds, having a cat land on your head HURTS like the dickens...  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #18 - Aug 21st, 2011 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
Here's some PET insanity for y'all....

The universe just dropped something on Amber's head for teasing the dog constantly... She was minding her own business and the dog started bothering HER...

Did she ever tell him off in spades!!  Smiley

*pats Sargent's head* Good dog. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
THIS is what I have to put up with some days... That's Amber's bum on top of MY monitor... She's looking out the window that's behind the computer in this one.

Silly purrball!! Roll Eyes

100_6564.JPG ( 107 KB | Downloads )
100_6564.JPG

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #20 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Smiley That does make it a little difficult to see what you are doing.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #21 - Jan 2nd, 2012 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
It does... Especially with the tail swishing when she sees a birdie and her fat gut hanging over the side... Roll Eyes

She's a silly cat but one can't help but love her, she's my fat tabby girl! Cheesy

IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #22 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 12:22am
Print Post  
Whenever she wanted my attention, Danger Princess would bite my toes. Softly, of course!

GTalk  
IP Logged

MoonCat
Global Moderator

Evil Woman in Training
Ghostbuster

Reply #23 - Dec 27th, 2018 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Her sister, Warrior Princess, tends to lay on me or my Mom and not move for a long time!

GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint