Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Teenage boys will make you die - MMA training... (Read 1190 times)
aranarose
God Member

Teenage boys will make you die - MMA training...
Jun 17th, 2011 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Oh dear gods... why oh why did I think this was a good idea?

My house is pretty much the neighborhood hang out.  We've got two teenage girls and a teenage boy living here, and all of their friends come out and hang here.  Not to mention, I have a 20-year-old boyfriend.

And of course what do teenage boys love these days?  UFC/MMA-style fighting.  And so for the summer, they've decided to start an intense training program to get them in better shape for such things.  Of course, most of them are in great shape anyway... swear to gods I'm wishing I was a 16-year-old girl sometimes...

So yesterday, I went jogging on my own.  And I think it surprised them that this fat old white chick would go running.

This morning, one of the boys comes over, and asks if I want to go running with him and one of the others.  "Sure, sounds great," says I.

Ha!!!  Running with teenage boys?  YOU WILL HURT.  They will push you way past what you think is your limit.  They will cheer you on.  And inspire you.  But yes, you will hurt oh so much!

We ran today.  Not only did we run, they made me sprint a few times as well.  As in full-on push myself to my limit, run as fast as I can SPRINTING.  Holy hell in a handbasket dearies!  I wanted to cry!

Not only that, I did cross-training today as well.  I did pushups and situps and squats and kettlebell swings.

I am soooooo sore tonight.  I don't even know if I'll be able to walk tomorrow.

I'm taking tomorrow off.  But Saturday?  It's ON again Smiley  Because I want to lose about 90 pounds.

Having a 20-year-old boyfriend with six-pack abs and a rock hard body really, really makes a girl want to look good for him.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: Teenage boys will make you die - MMA training...
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 3:20am
Print Post  
aranarose wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 2:57am:
Having a 20-year-old boyfriend with six-pack abs and a rock hard body really, really makes a girl want to look good for him.

That's motivation if ever I heard it! You GO, GIRL!   Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 3:20am:
aranarose wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 2:57am:

That's motivation if ever I heard it! You GO, GIRL!   Smiley

I'm still in awe that this man that is damn near a Greek god in human form actually wants ME.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 3:38am
Print Post  
I can understand that. I've questioned Skywise's sanity on the same matter so many times I've lost count!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
The aftermath:

EVERYTHING hurts today.  I went to sleep around 1:00 a.m., didn't wake up until 1:30 p.m.  Crawling out of bed was torture.

The routine yesterday:

Ran/jogged/walked for 1 mile, sprinting the last 1/8th mile at top speed.
Ran/jogged/walked another 1/2 mile, again, sprinting the last 1/8th mile at top speed.

40 kettlebell swings with 20 lbs, which works the whole body
50 squats
50 crunches
25 situps
Speed bag workout as well.

I am so, so, so, so sore...

Today is a rest day.  Tomorrow, I workout again.  Starting with three days of workouts a week, and going to work up to six days a week.

And yes, I know I'm pushing myself really, really hard.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
If you are otherwise healthy, that shouldn't be a problem although a doctor would probably cluck at you like an outraged chicken at that workout schedule. I think that half the time, otherwise healthy overweight people are told to "see your doctor before attempting this exercise routine" solely to protect themselves from lawsuits. Just be careful to avoid muscle or bone injury. The recovery time can be a bitch and take entirely too long. [Says girl who strained a shoulder that took nearly a year to stop hurting.....]

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Penthesilea wrote on Jun 17th, 2011 at 5:59pm:
If you are otherwise healthy, that shouldn't be a problem although a doctor would probably cluck at you like an outraged chicken at that workout schedule. I think that half the time, otherwise healthy overweight people are told to "see your doctor before attempting this exercise routine" solely to protect themselves from lawsuits. Just be careful to avoid muscle or bone injury. The recovery time can be a bitch and take entirely too long. [Says girl who strained a shoulder that took nearly a year to stop hurting.....]

I know my limits, and how to push myself enough to feel the burn without actually hurting myself.  The pain today is that good kind that lets you know you worked hard enough to actually produce results!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Good. As long as you avoid injury you should be fine.
Too sore to move comfortably for a while, but still... fine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint