Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 39209 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #350 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:33pm

Leave it to one of the boycats to take off and hide on Skywise... Hopefully, the girls find the furry monkey soon!!

It's official: I AM CRAZY... I just set up a general MySpace page, one that my mother and sister can see...

It'll take me a few days to get it the way I want it to be, so that'll keep me OUT of trouble for a while...  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #351 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:52pm

I went to see my grandmother at the hospital yesterday.  She passed away last night.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #352 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:59pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:52pm:
I went to see my grandmother at the hospital yesterday.  She passed away last night.

I am so sorry, AR.  Smiley Love and prayers to you and your family.  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #353 - Jul 12th, 2011 at 6:07pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 12th, 2011 at 5:52pm:
I went to see my grandmother at the hospital yesterday.  She passed away last night.

Massive Smiley for AR!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #354 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:08am

Having one of those crazy-making sort of days.

Started this morning when J decided it was time for me to meet his Aunt Sharon, the one he's been living with the last year or so.  That went great, until my roommate called me to tell me my grandmother had passed.

Later, I found out that my favorite teacher from high school is dying of brain cancer, and is currently in hospice.

THEN silly me thinks that the ex could be civil in a conversation, considering the conversation was about my grandmother's death.  Yeah, civil is not quite the right word.

Then, I decided to go swimming to relieve a little bit of stress.  And upon jumping into the pool, I hit my head hard enough I was dizzy for quite awhile...

And the feeling of impending doom still sits in the pit of my stomach, telling me that this is not over yet; there is still more to come.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #355 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:32am

I restrain the FIST OF DEATH!

If Burton messes this up, I may show him what a real witch is capable of...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1077368/plotsummary

Oozing boils on the butt for starters....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #356 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:36am

aranarose wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:08am:

Started this morning when J decided it was time for me to meet his Aunt Sharon, the one he's been living with the last year or so.  That went great, until my roommate called me to tell me my grandmother had passed.

Later, I found out that my favorite teacher from high school is dying of brain cancer, and is currently in hospice.

THEN silly me thinks that the ex could be civil in a conversation, considering the conversation was about my grandmother's death.  Yeah, civil is not quite the right word.

Then, I decided to go swimming to relieve a little bit of stress.  And upon jumping into the pool, I hit my head hard enough I was dizzy for quite awhile...

And the feeling of impending doom still sits in the pit of my stomach, telling me that this is not over yet; there is still more to come.
Cyber-hugs to AR 'cause I know J is there to supply real ones tonight.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #357 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 5:10am

Heading out. There are four loads of laundry and one large black cat on the bed and I should really do something about the laundry if the cat will let me!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #358 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:45am

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:32am:

OMG it's really going to happen?! I've been waiting for that movie for what seems like forever now.

Can't be any worse than the 90s series did, I hope.

edit: and reading that summery it looks like they are jumping straight into the Julia thing and bypassing Victory Winters, which actually makes sense for doing a movie.
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:48am by Sitalique »  

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #359 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:32pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:36am:
aranarose wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:08am:

Started this morning when J decided it was time for me to meet his Aunt Sharon, the one he's been living with the last year or so.  That went great, until my roommate called me to tell me my grandmother had passed.

THEN silly me thinks that the ex could be civil in a conversation, considering the conversation was about my grandmother's death.  Yeah, civil is not quite the right word.

Then, I decided to go swimming to relieve a little bit of stress.  And upon jumping into the pool, I hit my head hard enough I was dizzy for quite awhile...

Cyber-hugs to AR 'cause I know J is there to supply real ones tonight.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but I never really believed it.

Then J went away for three weeks.  I loved him before he left, and missed him terribly when he was gone.  But since he came back?  The change in our relationship is just stunning.

He's here almost all the time.  He's slept here every night since he got back from up north, which means he's pretty much moved in.  He proposed.  He's planning the wedding.  I've actually had very little say, and he's already got colors, wedding venue, reception, everything planned, we just have to book and pay for everything LOL  But he knows me so well, that it's the perfect freaking wedding for me.

I don't know how I ever made it without him before now, because he's my rock.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #360 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:47pm

Sitalique wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:45am:
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:32am:

OMG it's really going to happen?! I've been waiting for that movie for what seems like forever now.

Can't be any worse than the 90s series did, I hope.

edit: and reading that summery it looks like they are jumping straight into the Julia thing and bypassing Victory Winters, which actually makes sense for doing a movie.

According to imDb -- which is pretty much the "go to" site for anything "movie", -- it is shooting right now for release sometime in 2012.

The main problem with the prime time series was that Ben Cross made no secret of the fact that he wasn't enthusiastic about the project, going so far as to say so, bluntly, in a TV Guide interview. This did not please the diehard fan base -- of which I am one -- and the series did not pull the numbers that the producers and network hoped. What I'm worried about now is that this smells like "stunt casting." Tim Burton likes to work with Depp (whose acting chops I will NOT dispute!) and Helena Bonham Carter is his lover so he tends to give her plum roles in his projects. I want this to be "Dark Shadows" not the latest "John Depp/Tim Burton/Helena Bonham Carter" showcase project.

Oh, and by the way, Good morning....

Post #19,491
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:50pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #361 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:04pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:32pm:

Then J went away for three weeks.  I loved him before he left, and missed him terribly when he was gone.  But since he came back?  The change in our relationship is just stunning.

He's here almost all the time.  He's slept here every night since he got back from up north, which means he's pretty much moved in.  He proposed.  He's planning the wedding.  I've actually had very little say, and he's already got colors, wedding venue, reception, everything planned, we just have to book and pay for everything LOL  But he knows me so well, that it's the perfect freaking wedding for me.

Sounds like the only thing you have to do for the wedding is show up! Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #362 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 5:43pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 4:04pm:
aranarose wrote on Jul 13th, 2011 at 3:32pm:

Then J went away for three weeks.  I loved him before he left, and missed him terribly when he was gone.  But since he came back?  The change in our relationship is just stunning.

He's here almost all the time.  He's slept here every night since he got back from up north, which means he's pretty much moved in.  He proposed.  He's planning the wedding.  I've actually had very little say, and he's already got colors, wedding venue, reception, everything planned, we just have to book and pay for everything LOL  But he knows me so well, that it's the perfect freaking wedding for me.

Sounds like the only thing you have to do for the wedding is show up! Smiley

Pretty much LMAO

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #363 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Okay... It looks like Bast may be providing....

Skywise has been cutting the grass. Just as he was finishing up for the day, our across the road neighbor came over and asked if the white female cat that had had kittens in his barn was ours. Skywise said "no". But.... there are two kittens that need a home. We don't know if the mother cat would be agreeable to taking up residence, especially with the War Queen around but the kittens are another story. We don't know how old they are or what sex they are but right now, we are strongly inclined to adopt them. Moonie is certainly in favor and so am I. It will be hard, first we have to catch them and then "domesticate" them since they are undoubtedly NOT litter trained. Oh well, we've done it before and Bast DOES provide...
« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2011 at 9:16pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #364 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 11:36pm

Went to the beach, got FRIED.  Owies!!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #365 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:35am

*Whimpers in sympathy!*

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #366 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 1:04am

The general supply list for school is out and do we need to get a hell of a lot of stuff.

Wouldn't be so bad if half of it wasn't stuff the school should be supplying itself instead of having to rely on parents for it (like tissues, zip bags, copy paper, dry erase markers, etc.)

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #367 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 2:02am

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 14th, 2011 at 12:46am:
I'm thinking about baby catpersons and what adding them to the household will require 'cause I have a feeling we're gonna have some kittens.
Did I hear the word "KITTENS"???? Cheesy If you do get one or more, they are going to be too cute, Penth!! Cat person here!! *raises paw*

Hi everyone!! I know I'm late getting in here today but there are a few good reasons...

First of all, Hubby, my son and I took a day trip today... There is a wildlife park called Shubenacadie Provincial Wildlife Park about 2 or so hours northeast of here in Central Nova Scotia (I live in SouthWest Nova Scotia or on the "South Shore"), and we went there today... We tromped around the park for over 3 hours (the park is HUGE, over 40 hectares) and I am POOPED!! Smiley It was great seeing the animals, both that are indigenous to Nova Scotia and some that are not. I'll be posting more on that trip tomorrow, plus some pics of a few of the animals.... Cheesy

We got home around 5ish my time but I was on the phone with a friend of mine for 2 hours and was running diagnostics on my computer... Don't ask, all I'm saying is I am glad I know a LOT about computers... Roll Eyes

Okay, I am going to get caught up everywhere and check my SP Pets before I crash....  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #368 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 2:14am

You heard "kittens", VE. This afternoon one of our neighbors caught Skywise in the yard and asked him if the white cat that had had her kittens in his barn was ours. Skywise said "no" and long story short, Skywise is "thinking" about adopting them but Moonie and I have already made up our minds.  I don't "think" that the mother is feral -- she's apparently completely white and she wouldn't last long on her own -- but the kittens could end up that way and we know the odds would be against them. So it is very likely that there will be kitties in our future. Uncivilized little things that have never seen a litter box....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #369 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 2:40am

Agreed, adopting those little furbabies would be their best chance of survival.

All I can think of is that the War Queen is NOT going to be impressed, more youngsters to tease her... Grin Poor kitty...

I'd adopt another kitten but Hubby said that two cats, a dog and three humans has this place bursting at the seams... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #370 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:02am

Yeah, I fully expect her to be put out about the whole thing. I'm not sure how the boycats are going to react. It will be easier if both of the kittens are female. The boys are both fixed but I don't like to take chances, at least not at first. Once everyone gets accustomed to the new arrangements, I'll be able to relax a bit. First thing to do is buy a HUGE box of kitty litter since the little ones won't be doing any of their business outside.

Post # 19,500
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:02am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #371 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:15am

Ah, yes, the "litter box training" rituals, I remember those well... *giggling* When I was in my early teens, we adopted three kittens at once... Tygress, Cubby and Booay. We tried getting them to use the litter box that was in the one washroom/bathroom but they kept doing their business behind the main door of the house... So Mom finally clued in and stuck a litter box there. It wasn't long before the three of them were litter box trained...

And my mother lost a TON of her houseplants... Boy, those three were REALLY destructive little kitties!!  Smiley It never ceases to amaze me how a tiny little kitty can destroy a house within seconds...  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #372 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:25am

Yeah, and look SO adorable while they are doing it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #373 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:30am

Exactly... And too darn adorable for one to stay mad at them.. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #374 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 3:38am

Oh yeah. They get the purr going with the big eyes and the "who me?" expression and they can get away with anything and do!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40
Send TopicPrint