Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 39060 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #475 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:38am

Gods willing and nothing comes up, we'll be seeing Harry Potter this Sunday and "Captain America" the next Sunday.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #476 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:58am

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #477 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 4:43am

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 3:58am:

That freaking sucks.  I always loved the Borders around here.  It's much, much, much better than the B&N around here.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #478 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:18am

Yeah, same here. It's our favorite bookstore and we've been going to the one in Greenwood for a good two decades. Spirit will be crushed when it finally closes. She loves Borders.

And on that sad note, I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #479 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 12:28pm

It's already miserable this morning.  It's nearly 80, which wouldn't be too bad, except that the humidity is ungodly high right now, so it's an icky-sticky sort of heat.

J had to be up early and head over to his aunt's house for a phone interview.  He has yet to officially move in here, even though he's here almost all day, and sleeps with me most nights.

Today is a WORK day.  Have a firm goal that I absolutely have to make.  Bills to pay and all that fun stuff.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #480 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 4:09pm

Afternoon.
So far the day isn't off to a good start.
I slept for 2 hours last night, was wide awake for 3 and a half, then slept again for 2 and a half when I had to get up. I was not, of course, nearly as awake then as I was for that 3.5 hours when I should have been sleeping!
Needless to say, I am walking dead and as soon as the caffeine in the coke I had with lunch wears off, I'm gonna crash like the Hindenburg.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #481 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 4:41pm

Hi everyone... Penth, it sounds like you had a night like I did. I'm going to be hitting the iced coffee (half caff) in a minute... I didn't get to sleep until 6 a.m. and slept in somewhat late this morning.

That's the last time I get caffeinated cola, I think that was uni's way of telling me that I quit that 18 months ago and my body isn't used to that much caffeine!!  Smiley Hubby promised to get me some decaf diet soda either today or tomorrow... That way I can still have my cola and NOT get hooked on the caffeine again or be up all night!!

The humidity is up a MILE here, the temps are over 80 (27 C) and if one moves away from a fan, they're sweating like crazy!! Hubby and the little guy are going up town in a bit for some groceries but I'm staying the heck home, I'm not going to brave the even hotter temps in town!!

Time for an iced coffee and to check my SP Pets in another tab....

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #482 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 5:24pm

In my opinion, there is nothing more refreshing than a glass of REALLY good iced tea with lemon in it on these hot and humid days... Nummy. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #483 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 8:12pm

I'm drinking mostly water to avoid too much sugar but I agree that iced lemon tea is the best on a hot day!  I also dug around a bit and found I didn't have an sp pet anymore, so I made a new one - Slinky.  I linked it to facebook so should be easy to find Smiley

It is so hot and muggy we don't want to move!  There's no breeze at all outside, kind of eerie.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #484 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 8:20pm

I'll look for Slinky, RT!! In fact, I'm in Amber's profile right now and I'll add you to her friends list... You may already show up on Karma's because we are friends in FB and FB friends are automatically added. Or they used to be anyway. Roll Eyes

There's a slight breeze here but not much of one... Thank the stars for FANS!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #485 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 8:29pm

RT, can you send me the link to Slinky's profile in a PM or via FB? I can't seem to find your pet. Sad

IP Logged

Lightdragon
God Member

Reply #486 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 8:42pm

just registered with pottermore
http://www.pottermore.com/

Do Not Meddle in the Affair of Dragons, for you are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup!
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #487 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 9:02pm

I doo'ed it... I finally completed that !@#$%^&!@#$%^!@#$%^ "Visit 100 different pets and play with them" quest for Amber on SP Pets....  Smiley

And Amber just hit level 7, Pro.  Smiley

Now that I know you can visit pets using that !@#$%^& "friend finder", I'm going to get Kismet and Rascal's quests like that completed. It'll take me a while but at least they'll be jumping up a few more points!!! Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #488 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 9:10pm

I'm back from napping.
I now feel reasonably human and should be able to make it to bedtime...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #489 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 9:55pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Jul 19th, 2011 at 8:20pm:
I'll look for Slinky, RT!! In fact, I'm in Amber's profile right now and I'll add you to her friends list... You may already show up on Karma's because we are friends in FB and FB friends are automatically added. Or they used to be anyway. Roll Eyes

There's a slight breeze here but not much of one... Thank the stars for FANS!!

RT, I was right... Your pet is on Karma's friends list... I'll play with Slinky now so you can get those points toward getting up another level!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #490 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:27pm

http://superpokepets.com/spp/profile?uid=K9DKZUJY73csJRjoSsU40A

I think that's my link.  The page keeps freezing up on me Sad  MAybe it's because I have above ground lines and the heat is 47 here now...

I also vented on my local forum because these stupid pratts in our splash parks are sending children home or not letting them play in the water if they don't have a full bathing suit on.  They won't even let them wear a tshirt over their suits.. some bs about contaminants.  It's spray not a pool ffs!  And it's 47 here now (= 117 F)  I am so fed up with idiots.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #491 - Jul 19th, 2011 at 11:36pm

RT, I found you already so it's okay... Smiley You have requests from accounts that have Kismet, Amber and Rascal as pets... Kismet and Amber are tigers, Rascal is a kitty. I found you through my FB account, you decorated your habitat and it appeared on Karma's news feed. Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #492 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 1:45am

I just found the SunLord asleep in the very tiny linen closet in the "master" bathroom.... He seems to like small, dark places.

IP Logged

Lightdragon
God Member

Reply #493 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 2:36am

I'm re-registering at The Cauldron as they went from SMF1.1 to vBulletin 4.1 so all accounts were deleted. currently now there are only 304 members. a big drop from 4500. so far only monSno and Michael are the only members i have seen there i know.

Do Not Meddle in the Affair of Dragons, for you are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup!
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #494 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:26am

Okay, methinks I am about to hit the wall so I'm gonna head out and take a dose of melatonin so when I DO go to sleep I'll be able to go back to sleep if I wake up!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

Post # 19,619
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2011 at 4:27am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #495 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:10pm

And it's yet another crazy hot day.  And silly me gets to spend it upstairs, alone in my room, working.  At least the cat came up to visit me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #496 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 3:24pm

I'd send you some cool air, AR, except that we don't have any here! Gotta love the kitties! They'll come visit you even if you are someplace uncomfortably hot!

Morning! It's hot here -- surprise -- and steamy still. I got some sleep last night so I actually feel human his morning.  Now all I need is some tea and food.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2011 at 6:00pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #497 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 5:43pm

Skywise just left for work. It is again/still hot as Hell. We "might" get a break on Sunday when some storms are supposed to move in but that is a ways off so there is no guarantee. The Indianapolis Water Company has told people to stop watering their grass -- don't know if that is an "order" yet or just a strong suggestion.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #498 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 6:33pm

Afternoon!! Cheesy (Warning, the goofy mod is in!!)

It's a sunny, hot and HUMID day again today here in my corner of Nova Scotia... But I am enjoying the sunshine while it lasts because we had so much rain this past spring and we may be getting a tropical storm or a hurricane or two later this summer... So I'm going to enjoy the sun as much as I can!! Cheesy

Time to check my SP Pets in another tab and get caught up!! I'm around if anyone needs me though... Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #499 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 8:15pm

Sometimes he surprises me.  He's not an overly affectionate guy, and I like that.  A kiss here and there, we'll hold hands, but when others are around, that's the extent of it.

Today, we're standing in the middle of the street talking to some friends, and suddenly, he grabs me and just hugs me, and held on for dear life.  We just stood there hugging forever, and I was really surprised because it was so, so, so hot.  But he was just happy to be there, holding me.  It was awesome.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40
Send TopicPrint