Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 38998 times)
Lightdragon
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #550 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 6:55pm

most of the people on FB friends list. which posted anything of her have your sentiments

Do Not Meddle in the Affair of Dragons, for you are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup!
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #551 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:05pm

I saw that a lot of our common friends do share my sentiments... But I have friends from other spots who did say something about Amy Winehouse dying and were upset about it.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #552 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:12pm

Lightdragon wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 6:03pm:
last i checked Borders was bought out by Barnes & Noble a few years ago. So i wouldn't be surprised if the sales aren't that good. as a lot of the books might be shipped to the nearest Barnes & Noble store. and even before they bought out Borders i did find Borders similar to B&N.

but sorry your favorite store went out.

also going through the celeb sits and found out Amy Whinehouse was found dead today at 27.a strong chance it was from a drug overdose.

No. Barnes and Noble didn't own Borders, however WaldenBooks was part of Borders so it is likely gone too.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #553 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:33pm

We've been sneaking up on Ambers with the pet brush... And I swear we've gotten enough loose fur out of her coat to cover 5 other cats over the course of the last three days... Shocked

Yeah, Miss Fat Furball has a VERY thick coat!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #554 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:46pm

last i checked Borders was bought out by Barnes & Noble a few years ago. So i wouldn't be surprised if the sales aren't that good. as a lot of the books might be shipped to the nearest Barnes & Noble store. and even before they bought out Borders i did find Borders similar to B&N.

also going through the celeb sits and found out Amy Whinehouse was found dead today at 27.a strong chance it was from a drug overdose.

No, they're two different companies.  And the Borders and B&N around here have very, very, very different feel to them.  You can tell they are different companies.  I love, love, love the Borders around here.  It's very, very relaxed.  But the B&N?  It's so, so uptight!  LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #555 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:53pm

Yeah, B&N is "stuffy" to be polite about it.

Post # 19,700 -- 300 to go!!
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:55pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Lightdragon
God Member

Reply #556 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 9:18pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 23rd, 2011 at 7:46pm:

No, they're two different companies.  And the Borders and B&N around here have very, very, very different feel to them.  You can tell they are different companies.  I love, love, love the Borders around here.  It's very, very relaxed.  But the B&N?  It's so, so uptight!  LOL

I got the facts crossed. in 2008 they were thinking about buying Borders then in 2010 it was the other way around.

also it must be the Borders here in NYC are different.

Do Not Meddle in the Affair of Dragons, for you are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup!
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #557 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 9:22pm

I dunno, I'm Canadian and we don't have Borders up here to my knowledge...

My son is wanting me to play YuGi Oh on the computer soon... He's yelling about it in my ear every now and then. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #558 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 9:34pm

On that note, time to get going... I've been online almost 11 hours already...  Smiley

Have a great night everyone, see y'all tomorrow...

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #559 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 3:22am

I think he just broke up with me through text message.  But I'm not sure.  Because he won't answer any texts or phone calls.

I have no idea what just happened.

But whatever it was, he broke me.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #560 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 3:28am

Smiley AR, massively and hard.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #561 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 3:37am

And unfortunately, on that note, I have to head out. We're seeing Harry Potter tomorrow and the showing starts at 10 am.

Everyone sleep well and be safe and more Smiley to AR. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #562 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 5:51am

(((hugs)) AR.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #563 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 11:51am

aranarose wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 3:22am:
I think he just broke up with me through text message.  But I'm not sure.  Because he won't answer any texts or phone calls.

I have no idea what just happened.

But whatever it was, he broke me.

HUGE  Smiley AR.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #564 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 2:23pm

I'm lost right now.  He was here for a few minutes last night, after the text message, but said he didn't want to talk about it in front of everyone, and that he'd call be later.  But he never did.

Haven't heard anything from him since.  Don't know if we're broke up or together or what.  Don't know if it's just something bothering him that we need to talk about or what.

I got no sleep at all last night.  Every time I started to doze off, I'd have dreams and wake up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #565 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 2:25pm

More  Smiley AR.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #566 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 7:17pm

I am home. I am hot and I am REALLY POed!

Movie was great though..

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #567 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 7:20pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 2:23pm:
I'm lost right now.  He was here for a few minutes last night, after the text message, but said he didn't want to talk about it in front of everyone, and that he'd call be later.  But he never did.

Haven't heard anything from him since.  Don't know if we're broke up or together or what.  Don't know if it's just something bothering him that we need to talk about or what.

I got no sleep at all last night.  Every time I started to doze off, I'd have dreams and wake up.

The line to kick J in the nuts forms on the left.
The honor of gelding him will be awarded by lottery....

Yeah, I was SERIOUSLY POed BEFORE I read this......

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #568 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 8:07pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 7:20pm:
I'm lost right now.  He was here for a few minutes last night, after the text message, but said he didn't want to talk about it in front of everyone, and that he'd call be later.  But he never did.

Haven't heard anything from him since.  Don't know if we're broke up or together or what.  Don't know if it's just something bothering him that we need to talk about or what.

I got no sleep at all last night.  Every time I started to doze off, I'd have dreams and wake up.

Yeah... I'm just even more confused now... he came home about an hour ago.  He crashed at a friend's house and had just woken up.

Before he came home, he sent me a text message:

"I forgive u and thats all i have to say and yes we r still together"

You forgive me?  For what?  WTF did I do that needs to be forgiven?  Really?

And sorry, no, that's not all that there is to say about it.  There's a whole lot MORE to say about it, and it WILL get said.

So yeah, we're together, and working on the whole making up thing...

A lot of it is that we're both bipolar.  I'm long-cycling, with swings that last months and months.  And he's rapid-cycling, with mood swings that last hours or maybe days.  And we just kind of butted heads last night.  But yeah, there's a lot to be said, and we'll be having lots and lots of discussions tonight.

Because he had me freaked the hell out.  The last text message I got from him last night was essentially a break-up text.  And I was NOT the only one who interpreted it that way.  His cousin, Tiff, who is is best friend agreed that's probably what he meant by it.  Then I hear NOTHING for over sixteen hours.  Nothing at all.  And I'm just supposed to be okay?  Forgive and forget?  No big deal?  Yeah... not gonna happen.  I'll forgive, but only AFTER we've dealt with this and made sure it will NOT happen again.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #569 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 8:13pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 8:07pm:
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 7:20pm:

Yeah... I'm just even more confused now... he came home about an hour ago.  He crashed at a friend's house and had just woken up.

Before he came home, he sent me a text message:

"I forgive u and thats all i have to say and yes we r still together"

You forgive me?  For what?  WTF did I do that needs to be forgiven?  Really?

And sorry, no, that's not all that there is to say about it.  There's a whole lot MORE to say about it, and it WILL get said.

So yeah, we're together, and working on the whole making up thing...

A lot of it is that we're both bipolar.  I'm long-cycling, with swings that last months and months.  And he's rapid-cycling, with mood swings that last hours or maybe days.  And we just kind of butted heads last night.  But yeah, there's a lot to be said, and we'll be having lots and lots of discussions tonight.

Because he had me freaked the hell out.  The last text message I got from him last night was essentially a break-up text.  And I was NOT the only one who interpreted it that way.  His cousin, Tiff, who is is best friend agreed that's probably what he meant by it.  Then I hear NOTHING for over sixteen hours.  Nothing at all.  And I'm just supposed to be okay?  Forgive and forget?  No big deal?  Yeah... not gonna happen.  I'll forgive, but only AFTER we've dealt with this and made sure it will NOT happen again.

Give him a couple of kicks in the nuts for me, willya? I'm still in a bad mood...
And I'd hold his feet to the fire too but I'm Scorpio and ebil....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #570 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 8:18pm

Good gravy... The making up is the fun part but I'm confused to what happened to. *scratching head*

How's about a nice bit of water torture? It won't hurt him physically so y'all can still *have fun* afterwards.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #571 - Jul 24th, 2011 at 9:00pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Jul 24th, 2011 at 8:18pm:
Good gravy... The making up is the fun part but I'm confused to what happened to. *scratching head*

How's about a nice bit of water torture? It won't hurt him physically so y'all can still *have fun* afterwards.....

Yeah, I'm all sorts of confused.

We have issues that we're working through.  I've got a past FULL of baggage, and he does as well.  And I don't exactly trust relationships.

Last night, we talked, and he was upset because of my tendency to take off when I'm upset, and just deal with it on my own.  I told him that's how I've always been, and I'm trying to change that because I know he wants me to talk to him.  He told me I need to let him in.

So I did.  I shared with him some of my doubts and fears, and that's what ended up setting off the break-up text message.

It was like WTF?  Really?  I tell you that I'm afraid you're going to break up with me because I'm too crazy, and then you break up with me?  Wow...  then the next day, it's like, "Oh, I forgive you.  It's all good.  We're still together..."

GRAHHHH...

At this point, I'm blaming it on the heat, because the heat apparently makes him mean.  Of course, he doesn't want to see ME mean.  I've made bigger men than him cry before.  Angry

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #572 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 5:34am

*sigh* We have barbarians at the Gates. Fortunately, the auto-defenses will kick them to the curb for the morning trash pickup. And on that note, I'm gonna take my sleepy little self out of here.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #573 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 2:42pm

Morning.
I already have a headache.
Need tea...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #574 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 2:56pm

Morning!! It's still morning here, although barely...

It's another hot and sunny day here and I'm needing a break from this heat... A full day in a walk in fridge sounds delightful!!

Time to check my SP Pets in another tab and get caught up in here!! And finish the coffee...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40
Send TopicPrint