Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan! (Read 38959 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XI: The Post that Ate Sheboygan!
Reply #575 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 5:55pm

Well, that was fun, who's for apples and peanut butter???  Smiley

K, now to finish up with Rascal in SP Pets and get to Kismet and Amber...  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #576 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 7:12pm

New "Heck's" Kitchen on tonight... I do love that show!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #577 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 9:19pm

So we've definitely made up.  Talked a LOT and we've figured a lot of things out.  Found out yesterday that I was pregnant, and then started bleeding today.  Suckage all around, because I also got kicked out of my house.  Have a place to stay for now, and J and I are just going to work like mad for a bit to save and get our own place.  It was a bad blow-up, and we've lost a few friends, and J is no longer talking to his sister, who was my roommate (her husband is the one that blew up at me).  It's basically been the crappiest day ever.  But J is here with me, and I'll be ok.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #578 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 10:24pm

It just keeps coming, don't it? Smiley But at least you and J have made up, are together and aren't on the street. [I assume that your son and cat are taken care of too? I worry about kids and cats..]

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #579 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 10:47pm

Smiley AR!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #580 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:04pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 25th, 2011 at 10:24pm:
It just keeps coming, don't it? Smiley But at least you and J have made up, are together and aren't on the street. [I assume that your son and cat are taken care of too? I worry about kids and cats..]

I've decided Uni is doing everything it can to make sure we know we can make it through anything at all together LOL

My son is going to stay with my mom for a couple of weeks, and I've got a friend who's taking my cat until I can get my own place.  J and I are staying with friends, but we've already got two strong leads on houses that are very, very close to us, so things are going to work out okay.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #581 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:16pm

That is good that everyone has a roof. And yeah, it's like I've always told Moonie, "As long as we're all together, the four of us and the cats, everything will be alright."

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #582 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:24pm

That's basically what my parents told us when we lost our old house when I was 19 years old... It was five of us humans, two dogs, two ponies, a rabbit and 12 cats though....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #583 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:30pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:16pm:
That is good that everyone has a roof. And yeah, it's like I've always told Moonie, "As long as we're all together, the four of us and the cats, everything will be alright."

Yeah, it's been QUITE insane today.  J and I talked yesterday at about 4:00, and it was the first time we'd talked at all since the little I'm dumping you text that he sent me.  And it was just a small talk, but it made a world of difference.  And then we went to hang out with some friends, and we talked more and more and more.  And of course yesterday I told him,  "Hey, um, I'm pregnant," which kinda changed things a LOT for us.  Then today, we went back to my house, or my old house, and I went to the bathroom and was bleeding.  So then suddenly things change again, and we got even closer.  Then I get kicked out of the house, and yeah, J and I get closer yet.

It's just crazy.  And I've gone through a major perception shift as well, 'cuz now I can see Uni's plan in a way I couldn't before.  That this storm we're going through right now is necessary so we know that we are meant to be together, and we can get through anything.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #584 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:36pm

Uni took his/her/its time with Skywise and me -- a slow storm, I guess. It took us six years to get to the altar -- four of those years formally engaged. AND after we got married, his family disowned him (for marrying me) and then we got hit with the girls' autism diagnosis when Moonie was closing in on four years old and Spirit was eighteen months.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #585 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:43pm

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 25th, 2011 at 11:36pm:
Uni took his/her/its time with Skywise and me -- a slow storm, I guess. It took us six years to get to the altar -- four of those years formally engaged. AND after we got married, his family disowned him (for marrying me) and then we got hit with the girls' autism diagnosis when Moonie was closing in on four years old and Spirit was eighteen months.

I'm hoping this rapid-fire crapstorm that Uni is sending my way will not be long-term LOL  Kinda looking forward to the happily ever after Uni promises me  Smiley  But we'll see.  I've got a roof over my head, and my computer with me, so I can work LOL  I may end up losing all of my other belongings and having to start from scratch, but J is here, and once I get a permanent place, my son is coming with us, too, so it'll all work out.

And J still wants to marry me, more than ever, I think.  He's even decided to get me to the doctor and get fertility testing and such, because he realized just how much he wants kids now, and he wants me in top shape for that LOL  I told him we've got time, but he said if we start getting healthy now, then in a year or so, we'll be more ready.

I keep getting surprised by him.  Yeah, things blew up BAD the other day, and I know that it's not going to be easy, but the blow up was kind of necessary, because it got a LOT of things out in the open that we hadn't been talking about.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #586 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 12:07am

The man is right, ya know. The first step towards a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby is a healthy mother. Be prepared to fussed over, spoiled and stuffed to the gills with pre-natal vitamins!
And hopefully, you WILL get your stuff back too!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #587 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 1:00am

Penthesilea wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 12:07am:
The man is right, ya know. The first step towards a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby is a healthy mother. Be prepared to fussed over, spoiled and stuffed to the gills with pre-natal vitamins!

Oh, I'm already being fussed over!  Last night, we were still in that "OMG, we're having a baby," glow, and he was so, so sweet.  Names picked out and everything.  Then today, when I started bleeding, he was again so sweet.  He drove me to the hospital, where they said, basically, "Yup, the test came back that you're pregnant, and yup, it looks like you're miscarrying, so just go home and rest."  And now he won't let me do anything but sit or lay around all day long.  "No, baby, you need rest," he says LOL  I went to get up and get something to eat, and he jumped up to get it for me.

With the blow up with my now ex-roommates today, J was right there yelling at them, while I'm sitting there hyperventilating, trying not to cry because we'd only just gotten back from the hospital when the ex-roommate started screaming at me about money.  At this point, he's so, so mad at them that he never wants to speak to them again; which makes me feel bad because they're his family.  My ex-roommate was his sister, and this has driven a deep wedge between them.  And I feel really bad about that, but a tiny part of me is saying, "Wow... he loves me enough to tell his family to screw off..."  They'll make up, they always do, but it sucks that it came to this.

But through it all, he's right here with me.  Hugs, kisses, cuddles, anything I need.  I've been having back pains really bad; basically contractions from the miscarriage, and whenever they hit, he's rushing over to me, rubbing my back and making sure I'm okay.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #588 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 2:15am

That's good. You take it easy for the next couple of days. You've been put through the wringer more than usual the last few days. You must be worn out.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #589 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 5:24am

I am totally BEAT!
I am going to drag my little self to bed before I fall asleep over the keyboard.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #590 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 1:09pm

aranarose wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 1:00am:
Penthesilea wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 12:07am:

Oh, I'm already being fussed over!  Last night, we were still in that "OMG, we're having a baby," glow, and he was so, so sweet.  Names picked out and everything.  Then today, when I started bleeding, he was again so sweet.  He drove me to the hospital, where they said, basically, "Yup, the test came back that you're pregnant, and yup, it looks like you're miscarrying, so just go home and rest."  And now he won't let me do anything but sit or lay around all day long.  "No, baby, you need rest," he says LOL  I went to get up and get something to eat, and he jumped up to get it for me.

With the blow up with my now ex-roommates today, J was right there yelling at them, while I'm sitting there hyperventilating, trying not to cry because we'd only just gotten back from the hospital when the ex-roommate started screaming at me about money.  At this point, he's so, so mad at them that he never wants to speak to them again; which makes me feel bad because they're his family.  My ex-roommate was his sister, and this has driven a deep wedge between them.  And I feel really bad about that, but a tiny part of me is saying, "Wow... he loves me enough to tell his family to screw off..."  They'll make up, they always do, but it sucks that it came to this.

But through it all, he's right here with me.  Hugs, kisses, cuddles, anything I need.  I've been having back pains really bad; basically contractions from the miscarriage, and whenever they hit, he's rushing over to me, rubbing my back and making sure I'm okay.

Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #591 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 2:37pm

I'm finally getting caught up... I think!!

It's a rainy day here in my corner of NS... I wish I could send this to people who need it more than we do!! We're still pretty saturated from our ultra wet spring and I know there are spots that really need some rain to water the crops and refresh the land.

People in my area are probably ticked off right now... Our county fair/exhibition starts this week and today is Parade Day... And as it happens almost every year, we get rain this week!!

I am not going to the fair/exhibition... For one, my son doesn't like a lot of noise, he has a mini meltdown when there are a lot of sounds he doesn't like. And two, it is NOT cheap just to get into the exhibition grounds, then one has to pay a bundle for ride tickets/bracelets, games, food and other stuff. We can't afford it!! I'd rather spend the money on groceries thank you... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #592 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 4:21pm

Afternoon!
We're back from town and a cheery round of paying the electric bills and the mortgage. We also put gas in the van. Smiley

It's still hot and dry here. It is a little cooler than it was last week but the rain that went through here on Sunday managed to miss us completely. *sigh*

I'm going to get some tea and get caught up.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2011 at 8:16pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #593 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 6:21pm

I'm at my wit's end!
First, SunLord decided he was going to open up the moist catfood without help (he succeeded, they're getting an extra helping of moist food today) and then he decided that he was going to get on the table behind the computer, crawl out from under it like he did when he was a MUCH smaller kitten and..... PLAY WITH THE CABLES!!!
I "think" I have convinced him to leave the computer and its cables alone.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #594 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 6:42pm

Cats, gotta love them!!

Noelle will bat at the back of the computer where the cables go into it and knock the keyboard cable OUT of its spot on the computer, which results in me having to crawl UNDER my desk with a flashlight, locate the cable and then the plug hole and put it back. Drives me nuts!! I swear that cat laughs at me each time it happens... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #595 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 6:44pm

I "think" I've convinced him to play elsewhere. He's nommed on some of the food I had to open and I think he's snoozing somewhere now.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #596 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 9:42pm

Another new episode of "Heck's" Kitchen on tonight... WOOT!! Cheesy

I'll probably try to get work done on UT #7 after that's over with... There is a scene at the later part of the story that I've been mulling over for a couple of days now...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #597 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:18pm

I'm working on Sanctuary's "mission statement....."

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #598 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:36pm

Hubby (to our son): And just who do you think YOU are?

My son: JOHN CENA!! *jumps on his daddy*

Yeppers, they are at it with the roughhousing again.. I am really surprised the house is still standing!! Grin

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #599 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:50pm

Spirit used to get after Skywise with a sword.

Fortunately, it was a "Nerf" sword or my poor beloved would have made many trips to the ER! That girl did NOT back off when on the attack!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40
Send TopicPrint