Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic YuGi Oh, The Power of Chaos: YuGi the Destiny (Read 589 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

YuGi Oh, The Power of Chaos: YuGi the Destiny
Jul 11th, 2011 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
I have recently started playing this game on the computer. I don't watch the YuGi Oh shows regularly but I have seen them.

Hubby was playing this game on our Pentium 90 computer years ago... It was slow, it took forever for things to move along (minimum for the game is 128 MB of RAM, the Pentium has only 16) and there is no sound card in that system but watching it was still fun for me.

I recently purchased a copy of it and installed it on my main computer. Hubby restarted playing it and I found it so interesting that I started playing it on another account on my computer.

The principal of the game is to knock the other person's life points down to zero. Each game is called a "duel" and one can play either a single duel or a match duel which has the object to win two out of three games. There is a lot of strategy involved and one has to look forward three or more moves ahead sometimes.

When one starts playing this game, they do not have any of the really high end cards like the Blue Eyes White Dragon or anything... One has only ONE Neo the Magic Swordsman, one Mystical Elf, a Giant Soldier of Stone and a few other decent offensive and defensive cards... But one also has cards that are not quite so good... The Lesser Dragon is a prime example.

So far, I have played several match duels... I have won several of the really high end cards. I now have 2 Blue Eyes White Dragons, at least one Tri Horned Dragon (which was one of the rare cards out of the original YuGi Oh decks) and a couple of Summoned Skulls. I do have two Dark Magicians but I have them in my side deck. I have two Trap Holes, Dark Hole, Reigeki and Anti Reigeki plus a few other trap cards and spell cards that always makes YuGi look like he's getting coated in slime each time I use one!!  Smiley

I'm still trying to get a Mirror Force (trap card). It's one of the coolest cards in the entire series in my mind!!

I would also like to have at least one more Soldier of Stone, a couple of Aqua Madoors and at least one more Spirit of the Harp. ALL are excellent defensive cards... Except when one runs into a Blue Eyes, a Summoned Skull or a Dark Magician, amongst other highly offensive cards, that is!!  Smiley

Even if one is a dedicated player and plays this game a lot, they can still lose, even with the highest offensive and defensive cards in their deck. I swear YuGi pulls stuff out of his keister a lot of the time and it can really, REALLY mess a person up. Bottom line, when the computer does not want you to win, you do NOT win!!

Anyone who plays this game, if you want to share strategies, tips and tricks to beat YuGi, feel free to share them. I'll post updates on my progress in this game as time goes on.

And yeah, I am considering getting Joey the Passion... That game has different cards and it would be great to have!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: YuGi Oh, The Power of Chaos: YuGi the Destiny
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2011 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I'm finally up to my maximum (in the deck and side decks) for Tri Horned Dragons, Mystic Elf and Blue Eyes White Dragons... The max one is allowed of each monster is 3... And I'm sure I have more Neo the Magic Swordsman than that, but I have three of those in my main deck now.

I'm still waiting for a Mirror Force trap card, but that card is so darn DIFFICULT to get sometimes!!

Last night, I finally got a Reaper of the Cards... It's a one tribute summon card and works a LOT like Trap Master (it destroys one trap card when flipped either by attack or flip summons) but it is a LOT higher on the offensive and defensive than Trap Master is. That means I now have 2 cards that I can use to destroy trap cards... That's if YuGi doesn't pull Reigeki, Dark Hole or flip summons a Man Eating Bug out of his keister and destroys my monsters... Roll Eyes

Still addicted to this game and still waiting to see if I can get a legit copy of Joey the Passion... Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint