Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Becoming More Positive in Life and in My Path... (Read 1651 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Becoming More Positive in Life and in My Path...
Nov 15th, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Being a Christian Witch who walks a neutral path can be hard sometimes. One has to keep true to a lot of Christ's teachings yet allow room to maneuver with the pagan aspects of the pathway.

I've been some sort of Christo Pagan for almost 9 years now and although the path itself is evolving day by day, it's the right area of Christianity for me. I have the freedom to be who I am comfortable being, yet I also have a doctrine/creed to fall back on when I start forgetting Christ's teachings to his followers.

Some teachings are easy to remember and I willingly follow them on a daily basis... Love thy neighbor as thyself, help others, that kind of thing. But there are some of His teachings that I have to force myself to remember each and every day, especially when it comes to those who are harmful to mine or others' well being.

Forgiveness is one that I find hard to follow sometimes. I do have a typical fire sign temper (I'm a Leo who was born on the Virgo cusp) and sometimes it's hard to forgive someone who deliberately harmed me, especially those who I have not harmed in the first place or refused to let them control my actions or daily activities.

That said forgiving those who have harmed you for no reason is something I'm trying to do each day, it's part of my philosophy about being more positive and not letting things get to me. I've noticed that the more positive I am, the less stressed out I am and I feel so much better if I just let things go and turn the other cheek.

Yeah, I said turn the other cheek. Another one of Christ's teachings. I follow it not only because it's part of being a Christian, I have decided to let the universe handle things and deliver any payback that anyone negative or harmful deserves. It's not my place to start delivering "justice" to any harmful or nasty people out there, I've learned... Because if I start doing that, I know the universe will more than likely drop something on MY head instead. I learned that lesson the hard way, I wound up trying to shoot someone down for stuff they didn't even do and got a TON of manure on top of my head in the process. Lesson learned, BIG TIME!!

Hence the reason why I am avoiding negatively charged people... Like attracts like, as we all know! People who are positive encourage others to be positive and will attract positive people to be around them.

I want to be one of those people who attract positively natured people... People who love life and live it to the fullest, let harmful things in the past stay in the past and move forward in the river of life. Each day is another step closer for me to be one of those ultra happy, extraordinary and popular persons... And if I lose focus of my goal of being more sunny and happy, I know my true friends and my family members will remind me just WHO I AM and which direction my life should be going!

That said...

I forgive those who have harmed me, especially those who harmed me for no reason, other than I went my own positive and happy way and didn't let anyone else drag me down.

I turn the other cheek and move forward in the river of life, leaving the hurts and injustices dealt me behind.

I am not a rock, nor will I be one.

I am a survivor.

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: Becoming More Positive in Life and in My Path...
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 2:10am
Print Post  
It's odd how things work out sometimes...

I started this thread only this morning and it prompted me to finally do something I had been putting off for a while -- Tell someone that they no longer have a place in my life.

You see, this person did some very nasty things to me and to other people I know... Said person literally created nothing but havoc and did nothing but drag me down. I dreaded even hearing their name being mentioned before I shut them out a long, long time ago, it was that bad.

This evening, I finally did what I should have done weeks ago but between my work here in Sanctuary, my writing and my real life, it was put on the back burner. Today, after posting this here and on my WP blog, I decided that this HAD to be done... ASAP. Just knowing it was on the to do list was dragging me down and giving me headaches each time I thought about it. I haven't really had many headaches in several months, other than the last couple of weeks, just knowing it was *there*.

So I cut the cords again... And explained why this time around. This person knew why I cut the cords with them the first time and it was done so quickly that I believed it was necessary to explain to them why I'm not allowing them back into my life. It's too complicated to explain and it's no one's business but my own, but I will say this much... I hope they have a good, happy life.

Yeah, I forgive them for their trespasses. Oddly enough, until this morning, I hadn't forgiven them yet and was still quite angry with them for what they did to me and several others.

I just won't forget what they did and will take that lesson with me wherever I wind up going in this life. I don't want them near me at all and I hope they can understand WHY. If they can't, that's their problem, not mine.

I admit I had a horrendous headache for a couple of hours after I finally did it... But with a lot of help from our more positively charged threads and some laughs from my mentor, along with some aspirin and wearing some hematite, I soon calmed down and am now back to my normal headache free self again... Of course, listening to Creed (my favorite band of all time), drooling over pics of hot guys in here and getting ran over by my silly cats didn't hurt either...

I'd like to post a quote from one of Creed's songs because this is so fitting for what happened this evening...

Quote:
How is stepping back a move forward? / Now I'm forced to look behind / I'm forced to look at you / You wear a thousand faces / Tell me.. Tell me which is you....

~From the song "A Thousand Faces" by Creed, off of their 2009 album Full Circle. Written by Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti.

Moving forward, never looking back.........................................

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #2 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Today an old school friend of mine posted something in Facebook I'd like to share with all of you... It fits my mantra for being more positive and forgiving others... And I think there are some out there that could learn something from it. Not saying who but they know who they are.

In case some of you can't read the saying on the attachment, here it is:

Quote:
Forgiveness
Anyone can hold a grudge but it takes a person with character to forgive.
When you forgive, you release yourself from a painful burden.
Forgiveness doesn't mean what happened was OK, and it doesn't mean the person should still be welcome in your life.
It just means you have made peace with the pain, and are ready to let it go.

I think that about sums it up.

I've let go of that burden, cut ties with those who have harmed me for no reason and am still moving forward... With a positive attitude and nothing holding me back. When you forgive and move on, it shows that you are more mature and have a stronger backbone than others think you do.

I don't know about the rest of you out there but since I've starting focusing on letting go of that weight around my neck and cutting ties with negatively charged people, I'm feeling a lot better both physically and emotionally.

That quote says it all in my opinion!!! Wink

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2012 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Something I saw this morning struck home, big time... Especially after certain things went the way they did recently. This next picture explains a lot and you know what? I'm following it to the letter because there are just some people out there that are so filled with hatred, venom and nastiness that they will never get what life is really all about... They get jealous over the stupidest things and will lie to protect themselves and "justify" hurting others but in the end, they are only making themselves look bad... Especially if the ones who are being persecuted refuse to play into their plans and do the exact opposite of what they are expecting. Wink

In other words, silence is sometimes the absolute best weapon one has at their disposal... Or in other cases, one can be calm, serious and gentle while blowing the other person's lies apart one by one.

I know it's hard to keep yourself calm and rational especially when one KNOWS someone is lying their head off but it's just a matter of sitting back, thinking of how they want you to react and doing the exact opposite. It not only shows you are the more mature one, it makes everyone watching wonder what the liar is smoking and the liar will be basically ignored or treated to more mature, calm and rational posts by one or more people. Asking them for proof, like my mentor has on several occasions, will really throw the liar for a loop too, because they don't have it and will wind up scrambling to come up with some that isn't fabricated, which makes them even more ticked off and more irrational.

Works every time. Wink

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Last night got me thinking about a few things...

I sat here watching some local people acting like children... People who are older than I am, yet they claim they're adults.

It still amazes me how so many people covet what others have... Like money, popularity, amongst a lot of other things. They're too darn focused on what they do NOT have instead of what they DO have, which causes them to be jealous of what others out there have and do.

Jealousy is a powerful motivator, it can get people to do things that they wouldn't normally do, like get nasty at someone they supposedly care about for the most ridiculous reasons. It can rip apart marriages, families and friends in the blink of an eye, all because one person is so focused on another person's "wealth" (umbrella term) that they can't see or be grateful for what is surrounding them at that moment. They become so obsessed with taking the other person's "wealth" away that they can't see that they're losing what they already have, and if they do, they blame everyone else for it.

Jealousy is a part of being human, but the idea is to not let it get the better of us... Some people have let go of their own jealousy and are grateful for what's right in front of them... They have realized that what they have would be manna to those less fortunate than themselves and are happy.

However, some people can't seem to get past the jealousy. They will lie, cheat, steal and literally go out of their way to defame others just to get what they covet and to make those who have what they want look bad in everyone else's eyes. And when others find out how bad this person is and calls them out on it, the jealous person will lay the blame on the person they are trying to ruin, just to make themselves look like the victim... It's their way of protecting themselves and justifying to themselves and to others why they are so bloody nasty.

People who do that deserve all of the celestial manure the universe drops on them, and then some, in my opinion. Deliberately hurting people to satisfy one's own greed is only asking for the universe to drop a few "heavenly anvils" on one's head after all!

Before anyone starts screaming that I am "one to preach", I do admit to doing some nasty stuff in my time... But unlike others I have learned the lessons the universe plopped on my own head and do my best to remember what happens each time I go into the "nasty person" realm. If I find myself going near it, I will cut ties with anyone who is causing me to act like that and move on with the ones who make me feel positive and goofy.

So to all that covet what others have and are jealous over it, take it from someone who learned a number of extremely nasty lessons in her time... Let go of the jealousy, let go of the hate, stop coveting what someone else has, stop "justifying" being nasty to others for your own personal gains, get yourself out of the rut of "happy while being miserable and making others miserable" and stay away from negatively charged people. Be happy with what you DO have and if you want more, WORK for it in a POSITIVE way that doesn't hurt others... Grow a spine, stand up for yourself and move along in the river of life instead of being a rock... Be positive, look on the bright side of things and surround yourself with positively charged people.

It worked for me, so why don't y'all give it a try? Wink

(Not aimed at anyone who was/is a member of SS, nor is it aimed at any forum owners, this is aimed at some local twits that are trying to get me to lower myself to their level!)

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Seeing some stuff happening is making me wonder just how many people never left the 18th century...

Christ once said "Love thy neighbor as thyself", yet so many people who claim to be "Christians" are ignoring that particular teaching of his. They go around slandering anyone who doesn't follow the exact same religious path they do, they snark at everyone who challenges their "ideals" and will even fly into someone for pointing out Christ's REAL teachings instead of what some pompous human has shoved down their throat.

I look at these people and just wonder how in the heck they get through life without getting slapped silly and in a lot of cases, wonder why the Karma Train hasn't hit them with a nice big SPLAT.

Y'all KNOW I'm avoiding people like the ones I described but sometimes one will see them pop out of the woodwork once in a while. As much as I would LOVE to annihilate them with a Klingon disruptor on full power, I won't go near them if I can help it. They're enough of a problem that others will clobber them full force and I can sit here and hope the universe drops a nice, fat, 500 million tonne anvil on their swollen egos!

I do have to laugh at the absurdity of some of their ramblings... It never ceases to amaze me just how immature, slow witted, nasty and old fashioned some people are these days.

It's the 21st century everyone... Being open minded about religion, gender, sexuality, etc is the NORM, don't be part of the MINORITY and don't stick to your outdated, nasty "ideals"!

SO GLAD I'm one of the MAJORITY who DO follow Christ's lesson of "Love thy neighbor as thyself" because I'd be a VERY lonely person if I didn't take that to heart! Good people exist in ALL religions, genders, sexualities, etc!!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2013 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
This was posted on the FB Page "Lessons Learned in Life" and it's so good I had to post it here...

Quote:
" Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives. There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere relationships. Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention. Which ones lift and which ones lean? Which ones encourage and which ones discourage? Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill? When you leave certain people do you feel better or feel worse? Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know, or appreciate you? The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you...the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life."

Hence the reason why I hang out with those who inspire, are supportive, loving and positive! Great advice to anyone who feels "drained" by someone negative and do nothing but cause trouble... Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint