Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 41483 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #150 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:06pm

Afternoon!
We got back from the vet a while ago. Everyone feline is healthy except for the ear mites that the kits and SunLord have and no one human needed to go to the ER for stitches so it's ALL good!

Since we got back, I've been finishing up the "Housekeeping" around Sanctuary. I've eliminated eleven boards from the list (some of them were in the staff area) but don't worry, all the content is still here, it was just moved!  I also created some new boards last night and sorted some threads into them. Since we don't have the option of subforums with this software, we have to do things a little differently. It is my hope that these new boards will make it easier for members and guests to know what we have and where to look for something specific.  I think that we are probably pretty well set for the moment as far as organization is concerned so I shouldn't be overloading the "Most Recent Posts" with thread moves any time soon! 
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:07pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #151 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:13pm

The board looks great Penth!

I'm trying to find the perfect picture to use as a backdrop for our FB Group's banner, the group was created back in May of this year... We do have a banner for it but it's an old one I put in there from before the upgrade. I want the group to be as updated and to look as pretty as our forum does! When I get the picture chosen/downloaded, I'll just have to match the right font to it to make it perfect!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #152 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 7:43pm

I FINALLY got a copy of my BIL's band's CD today. It's ripped onto Media Player and I'm listening to it now.

Not hard to tell they are VERY influenced by Iron Maiden, which is one of the greatest heavy metal bands of all time in my mind. It's sounding good so far and their music is right up my alley!!  Smiley

But of course, I COULD be a tad biased....  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #153 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 7:58pm

Skywise is at work but before he left there was some loose talk about putting the Christmas tree up downstairs in my dance/exercise area.  Smiley That would be a perfect solution since space upstairs is at a premium at the moment! Unless we get some battery powered tree lights, it won't be lit due to babycat persons who are chewing on everything right now but we could put the star on top and decorate it with satin balls and such...

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #154 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:40pm

hehe silly babycats we only have a little 3 foot tree so we put it up on a table so the cat and dog cant bother it, though my little kitty does like to hide under the blnket we put over the table to make it look more festivve and pretty and jump out when you go to set presents down or pick them up  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #155 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:50pm

Smiley Noelle is 16 years old and she still likes climbing the tree... Heck Birdie tried climbing it when she was 19 years old!!!  Smiley

We tie ours to the wall with fishing line. We learned our lesson with that the first year we were living in the house. Birdie kinda climbed the tree, knocked it over and smashed several antique glass ornaments! Smiley She was almost 14 at the time. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:51pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #156 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 10:10pm

haha yea i found some antique ornaments a couple years ago that i wanted to use, my mom was so anxious all of christmas cuz she kept thinking that cat would yank the tree of the table by geting caught in the blanket nd break them. but she never did and i havent used them again just cuz i dont want my mom to have a heart attack but they were awesome rainbow colored psychadelic ornaments

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #157 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:23am

I miss having a Christmas tree. There's no room here in the apartment plus now that we have Sofie I'm sure she'd be trying to climb it Tongue

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #158 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 12:43am

That's probably a safe assumption. The only way we could keep the boycats out of the tree last year was to have the War Queen asleep under it! This year with the boycats and the Daughters of Chaos, it is a virtual certainty that the tree (which is artificial by the way) will be well and truly climbed! 

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #159 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:51am

J's been so sleepy this evening.  Which is good.  It gives me a chance to get some work done.

I love him, don't get me wrong, but he is absolutely the most CLINGY man I have ever met.  He goes stir crazy if I'm out of his sight for more than five minutes LMAO  I swear, he thinks I'll disappear or something.  Cheesy

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #160 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:58am

He'll settle down once he knows in his gut that you aren't going anywhere.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #161 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 3:04am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:58am:
He'll settle down once he knows in his gut that you aren't going anywhere.

Well, I hope he figures that out soon, because this is driving me nuts.

Things have gotten tense between us the last couple days.  I've been moody as hell (here's hoping it's just PMS...) and he hasn't been feeling well, so we've sort of been grating on each other's nerves.  And the being around each other all the time thing certainly doesn't help LOL

We'll get through it, but I suspect we'll need a good fight to break the tension soon.  Of course, that means making up Cheesy

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #162 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 3:26am

There is a lot to be said for "making up."

Post # 22,567
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:11am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #163 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:17am

WTF  That's all I can say right now.  WTF.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #164 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:24am

Uni making life interesting, AR?

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #165 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:25am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:24am:

No.  Uni is killing me here.  Because J just dropped a bomb on me.  A big one.  A make me look like an idiot one.  Because apparently, he's bored with me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #166 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:32am

aranarose wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:25am:

No.  Uni is killing me here.  Because J just dropped a bomb on me.  A big one.  A make me look like an idiot one.  Because apparently, he's bored with me.

Mangle as necessary, hon. Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #167 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:09am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:32am:
aranarose wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:25am:

Mangle as necessary, hon. Smiley

I'm crushed right now.  Completely and totally crushed.  I don't know what he's going to do.  I don't know what he wants.  I think I've thoroughly pissed him off, because I finally stood up for myself after he told me that.  And I told him he has a choice.  He either gets over his boredom and decides to work on this marriage, because marriage is work, or he needs to find a new place to live tomorrow.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #168 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:14am

It's late, Skywise is home and I'm heading out before I do anything else to myself! (The blister is now 3/4 of an inch long right above the knuckle of my right index finger.)

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley[smiley=goodnight.gif]
Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:08am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #169 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:27am

aranarose wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:09am:
I'm crushed right now.  Completely and totally crushed.  I don't know what he's going to do.  I don't know what he wants.  I think I've thoroughly pissed him off, because I finally stood up for myself after he told me that.  And I told him he has a choice.  He either gets over his boredom and decides to work on this marriage, because marriage is work, or he needs to find a new place to live tomorrow.

Yeah, marriage is work and it ain't for wimps.
Which is what he's being. Yes, marriage gets boring, mind-numbingly boring but THAT happens to all relationships. ALL OF THEM. So if he has an ounce of brains in that damned head of his, he'll pull up his big boy pants and commit to making your marriage work 'cause he AIN'T GONNA FIND ANYONE BETTER FOR HIM THAN YOU!! Smiley
And now I AM gonna take my cranky old self to bed. Nite, hon.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #170 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:44am

Smiley AR!!

TGIF!!!  Smiley It's been one heck of an exhausting week for me and I am SO GLAD the weekend will be here when Son gets off of the bus!!

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #171 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:00pm

Bills are made out but we have no stamps to mail them. Forgot to pick some up last week.

Arana, it sounds like your husband has hit the 7 year itch a tad early, but seeing as how fast everything else with your relationship has gone I'm not terribly surprised. If he's smart he'll stick around Smiley

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #172 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:37pm

Smiley  Missed you all! 

IP Logged

Sitalique

Reply #173 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 2:53pm

Decorating for Christmas is not supposed to be depressing, but it is.

I have so much stuff I want to put up but either don't have the space or can't because of the cat (I love them both, but Smokey has never gotten into things and destroyed stuff the way Sofie does)

Maybe I'll go to the store later and see if I can pick up something for cheap.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #174 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:04pm

Smiley Sita. We have so much Christmas stuff it's scary. I don't put half of it out because we don't have the room for it... And Son kinda wrecks some of it. Christmas is depressing for me anyway... This year, my dad would have been 71 on Christmas day if he was still around.

Anyway, I'm back from a quick nap and a 2 hour cuddle with Fatso. I've got a cup of coffee with me and I'm going to drink that while I wake up and finish getting caught up everywhere. I'm around for the afternoon. Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41
Send TopicPrint