Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 41333 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #275 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 8:56pm

aranarose wrote on Dec 5th, 2011 at 8:27pm:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Dec 5th, 2011 at 7:43pm:
We has an insane tabby cat here.... If anyone catches her license plate number, let me know please!!!  Smiley

We have two cats.  My cat, Bella, is a year and a half old.  J's Aunt's cat, Cuddles, is 15 years old.  And they are quite the pair.

Early this afternoon, Bella was sitting next to the couch, and Cuddles was spazzing out on top of the couch, trying to get Bella.  You'd think Cuddles was the young one half the time.

Smiley They sound like Birdie and Amber were... Amber is now 5 years old and Birdie was 20 at the time Amber and Noelle (and Angel, now deceased) moved in. Ambers would be walking along, minding her own business and Birdie would play-attack her out of nowhere. It seems that sometimes it's the older baby who instigates the fun instead of the other way around!!!

Of course, Birdie was one of those cats that was silly almost up till the day she passed. Noelle is on the same track, she's the main dive bombing furbaby in my house and she's 16 years old!!  Smiley

~Edited because of putting Noelle at 15 years old instead of 16!
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2011 at 8:57pm by Veridian Etoile » 
Reason: Posted wrong age for Fluffy Butt. 

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #276 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 9:01pm

Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain.
And more rain. *sigh*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #277 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 10:31pm

Okay, I'm a dimwit tonight... I went looking for the pics I had downloaded to use for the FB Group banner I'm going to design, couldn't find them for anything.

I went to redownload the pics, found the freaking file where I had stored them already.

I'm in fine form tonight, that's for sure!! *head desk*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #278 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 12:08am

According to the regional radar we "should" be pretty much done with rain. I certainly hope so. We could have used this back in June/July/August and making up the deficit NOW doesn't help much. The ponds, lakes, creeks and reservoirs will be full for next spring and the ground water replenished but dang it, that doesn't help when the garden and the grass are dying.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #279 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:40am

It's mostly just very, very cold here.  Which is not so great when the hubs has to smoke OUTSIDE. One more reason for him to quit.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #280 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:26am

Christmas songs make me giddy Cheesy
Need to listen to them more often, I do. It's also close enough that we can start watching xmas shows. We do one movie or two shows a night up to Christmas, then whatever didn't get watched get marathoned on the 24th 
Smiley Smiley

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #281 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:51am

Sitalique wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:26am:
Christmas songs make me giddy Cheesy
Need to listen to them more often, I do. It's also close enough that we can start watching xmas shows. We do one movie or two shows a night up to Christmas, then whatever didn't get watched get marathoned on the 24th 
Smiley Smiley http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/sitalique/smiles/getsmiley.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/sitalique/smiles/biggrinsanta.gif

im watchin the polar express on abcfamily! this is my must see at least once christmas movie

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #282 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 6:01am

Smiley I'm a tired little SiteGoddess but I managed to get through most of the day without using the cane although I've kept it handy! I'm going to turn the comp over to Skywise and call it a night.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #283 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:04am

Son hurled up his breakfast, juice and meds. It wasn't a gas pocket, so I'm keeping him home today to be safe. He's not happy but I can't take the chance of him being sent home which would make him even more upset. If it's the flu, it is best to keep him home. *SIGHS*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #284 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 12:14pm

The school has been notified and according to the secretary at the "big school" (6-9 building), there are a lot of students who have been sick lately. Guess the germs are being passed around like wildfire. So glad I had my flu shot this year!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #285 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:59pm

Hubby got called into work today... At least it's daytime work instead of evening shift. He works tomorrow morning too and he finds if he works until closing the day before he goes in for a day shift, he doesn't get more than an hour or two of sleep before going back in.

I'm just glad he had another uniform to wear because his one shirt is in the washer NOW........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #286 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:21pm

Son is feeling better... He's drumming and Amber took off out of the living room like a shot out of a gun............. Grin

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #287 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 2:41pm

I am really getting tired of the older kids around here. The graffiti has hit new lows. Not only are they writing/drawing in permanent marker now (before it was chalk) but someone has wrote a nice long stanza about how all the chicks want him (with the use of colorful words Angry ) and drew a naked woman.

Sadly this is at the bus stop and nothing can be done about it because they are never caught in the act. Angry

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #288 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 3:15pm

HUGS Sita.

New blog up in my Blogger blog... Anyone who is friends with me in FB can see the post with the links to it and my other blogs... Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #289 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:17pm

Smiley Sita. One advantage to living in the woods is a definite lack of walls to deface with questionable "artwork."

We ran into town to get a few things and to ease the girls' cabin fever. We're back now (obviously) and I'll going to be playing "catch up" with the dishes and laundry since my legs (both of them) are working fairly well. At least while the washer and dryer are going, I can be sitting down.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #290 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 5:53pm

Having a cat that weighs only 5 pounds land on your head still hurts like old dickens... Scratches in the scalp, her claws are like razors!! *OWIES!!!!!*

*shoots Noelle a dirty look*

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #291 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 6:20pm

haha if it makes you feel better someone so eloquently tagged the side of an abbandoned building Youngstown cops r [nasty word] and someone else wrote ***holes next to it, kind of really hope it was a cop XD

[edited to make language more PG13 rated by Veridian Etoile]
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 6:36pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #292 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 7:40pm

Smiley all!  Beautiful afternoon here in MB.  Sunny and -4 C.   Probably be back down to -24 tonight though. Sad  Glad to see people are on the mend !

Remember my roses I brought in so they wouldn't die?  They are back outside again.  I went downstairs and all three were smothered in aphids :|  Sprayed them in soapy water and carted them out.  If they live I'll plant them next spring, if not... oh well.  Weird though because I don't know where the aphids came from.  They never had any all summer.   Undecided 

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #293 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 7:51pm

Hi RT! It is odd that the roses had aphids on them now when they didn't have them all last summer... *scratching head* Stay warm, temps that cold can be quite nasty as we know!!  Smiley (-24 C is about -10 to -15 F!!!! Shocked )

It's about 12 C (high 50s F) and cloudy here.... I hope this weather continues and we don't get too many noreasters this winter! My mom wants a little dusting of snow for Christmas, she is NUTS in my mind... Snow is a "four letter word"!!! *grabs clean barf bucket* Smiley

(sorry about that folks!! Cheesy )

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #294 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:09pm

I wouldn't mind enough snow to hide the grass which is, currently, still very green in spots. A blizzard, however, would be overkill.  Especially since Skywise will probably be working on Christmas Eve as usual.....

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #295 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:12pm

It was actually -33 here last night with the wind chill  Shocked  Not used to it anymore!  The boy has made coffee, I think I'll grab a cup!

BTW VE I gave the band a listen.  Loved it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #296 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:34pm

Ravens Tears wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:12pm:
It was actually -33 here last night with the wind chill  Shocked  Not used to it anymore!  The boy has made coffee, I think I'll grab a cup!

BTW VE I gave the band a listen.  Loved it! 

YIKES that is COLD RT!! *brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Thanks for checking them out!! I love their music too but then again I *could* be biased!! *sheepish grin* There is an FB Fan Page for them too if you want to "like" it. Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #297 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:37pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:09pm:
I wouldn't mind enough snow to hide the grass which is, currently, still very green in spots. A blizzard, however, would be overkill.  Especially since Skywise will probably be working on Christmas Eve as usual.....

No snow for us please! We had a noreaster already this year (the things I call "snow-icanes) and that was more than enough for me until next year!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #298 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:23pm

I growl.
The leg has started to get temperamental on me so I now have the cane in easy reach. CURSES! [I'd twirl my mustache but I don't have one!]

Post # 22,666.... Let's get EBIL!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 12:53am by Penthesilea » 
Reason: In addition to being semi-gimpy, I can't spell! 

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #299 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:27pm

Great... Just what you needed Penth.  Smiley

The cats are napping/resting. Expecting MORE furry zaniness after a they wake up......... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41
Send TopicPrint