Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 41152 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #450 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 10:21pm

It is feeling better and the pain I've been having on the upper third of my shin has lessened considerably.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #451 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 10:27pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 10:21pm:
It is feeling better and the pain I've been having on the upper third of my shin has lessened considerably.

YAY!!!!

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #452 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:06pm

And once again, I'm the bad guy for saying Son should NOT be watching certain shows... Sorry but he has the habit of repeating VERY inappropriate stuff at the wrong time and *THAT* particular show is NOT appropriate for a 7 year old... Two idiots doing stupid stuff and saying a LOT of stuff that even someone in their teens should not hear??? SORRY but that stuff is nothing but garbage in my mind!! That show should have NEVER been allowed back on the air in my opinion!! UGH!!  Smiley

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #453 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:38pm

The only good thing that came from B&B was Daria (which they really need to release on DVD) otherwise I never understood what people liked about that show.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #454 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:50pm

even as a child i never wanted to watch that show i dont understand its appeal, if i wanted to watch stupid people id go sit in the mall for a couple hours or out in the lobby and listen to the freshman

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #455 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:52pm

Veridian Etoile wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:06pm:
And once again, I'm the bad guy for saying Son should NOT be watching certain shows... Sorry but he has the habit of repeating VERY inappropriate stuff at the wrong time and *THAT* particular show is NOT appropriate for a 7 year old... Two idiots doing stupid stuff and saying a LOT of stuff that even someone in their teens should not hear??? SORRY but that stuff is nothing but garbage in my mind!! That show should have NEVER been allowed back on the air in my opinion!! UGH!!  Smiley

I hear you, hon. That particular show should never have seen the light of day to start with. *sigh* Even if your son doesn't have an official diagnosis of "delayed echolalia" everything that goes into his head through his eyes or his ears is going to come out of his mouth sooner or later.  You cannot count on him EVER developing the "filter" that most of us have that keeps us from blurting out inappropriate things at the worst possible times. That means that you have to control, as much as possible, what he is exposed to. So be the "bad guy", hon. It's a thankless job but a necessary one.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #456 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:07am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 11:52pm:
I hear you, hon. That particular show should never have seen the light of day to start with. *sigh* Even if your son doesn't have an official diagnosis of "delayed echolalia" everything that goes into his head through his eyes or his ears is going to come out of his mouth sooner or later.  You cannot count on him EVER developing the "filter" that most of us have that keeps us from blurting out inappropriate things at the worst possible times. That means that you have to control, as much as possible, what he is exposed to. So be the "bad guy", hon. It's a thankless job but a necessary one.

Thanks Penth. Agreed, that show is one of the most ridiculous, stupid and brainless things to ever come out of anyone's mind and should have NEVER seen the light of day. There are a lot of reality shows out there that are "more appropriate" even with their R rating that I would let my son watch over that particular show. Seriously. My nephew is 14, almost 15, he has all of the necessary "filters" in place, yet I would NOT let him watch that show either, I'd blow up the dish before I let my nephew within 1000000000000 miles of it. It's one of the few things I completely agree with my sister on, she is fully right in certain things not being for youngsters or people of any age!!

He does have a diagnosed case of delayed echolalia and it drives me nuts sometimes, especially if he's repeating stuff he should NOT be repeating... Stuff like out of one of his "preschool" rated cartoons is ONE thing, this is another thing altogether.

He's watching Garfield right now, thank the gods. I was watching that orange cat at his age too, and he loves the antics of Garfield and Odie. I love them too, Garfield is the best cartoon cat ever in my mind! Cheesy It's the older shows from the 80s but like some of the other good cartoons, they are still funny and cute to this day.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #457 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:08am

Listening to my husband go on and on and on about football... I honestly have no interest in it at all, but... I fake it 'cuz I love him.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #458 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:18am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:07am:
Thanks Penth. Agreed, that show is one of the most ridiculous, stupid and brainless things to ever come out of anyone's mind and should have NEVER seen the light of day. There are a lot of reality shows out there that are "more appropriate" even with their R rating that I would let my son watch over that particular show. Seriously. My nephew is 14, almost 15, he has all of the necessary "filters" in place, yet I would NOT let him watch that show either, I'd blow up the dish before I let my nephew within 1000000000000 miles of it. It's one of the few things I completely agree with my sister on, she is fully right in certain things not being for youngsters or people of any age!!

He does have a diagnosed case of delayed echolalia and it drives me nuts sometimes, especially if he's repeating stuff he should NOT be repeating... Stuff like out of one of his "preschool" rated cartoons is ONE thing, this is another thing altogether.

He's watching Garfield right now, thank the gods. I was watching that orange cat at his age too, and he loves the antics of Garfield and Odie. I love them too, Garfield is the best cartoon cat ever in my mind! Cheesy It's the older shows from the 80s but like some of the other good cartoons, they are still funny and cute to this day.

Garfield is good. Repeating Garfield will NOT get anyone in trouble. And I agree, delayed echolalia WILL drive you around the bend! Spirit has gotten some better as she has gotten older but it is not something we were counting on happening.  In that regard, we were lucky.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #459 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:38am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:18am:
Garfield is good. Repeating Garfield will NOT get anyone in trouble. And I agree, delayed echolalia WILL drive you around the bend! Spirit has gotten some better as she has gotten older but it is not something we were counting on happening.  In that regard, we were lucky.

Exactly. Him repeating something about needing a pan full of lasagna is kinda funny actually! (he HATES pasta!) You're lucky she's not as bad for the delayed echolalia as she was in her earlier years, I just hope Son improves like Spirit did. One can hope, right??? Cheesy

Son also likes reciting the TV schedule he sees on the preschool channel. I don't mind that too much except when I hear the time and day of something twenty times over in twenty minutes!!  Smiley

Oh, he also has a terrible habit of telling everyone how old I am... People think he's kidding about my age (they think I'm younger) but STILL......................... *FACE PALM*

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #460 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:08am

Said channel with that "show" on it has been LOCKED OUT, password needed to view it. Hubby isn't amused, but he can kiss my *foot* for all I care!! Hehehehehehe....... Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #461 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:16am

Ugh... bipolar mood swing for the night killer...

Luckily, it wasn't directed at me this time.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #462 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:27am

Smiley AR.

On a completely different note...

Tis the season!!

*RUNS*

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #463 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:47am

Veridian Etoile wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:08am:
Said channel with that "show" on it has been LOCKED OUT, password needed to view it. Hubby isn't amused, but he can kiss my *foot* for all I care!! Hehehehehehe....... Smiley

And am I correct in assuming that Hubby doesn't have said password?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #464 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:57am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:47am:
Veridian Etoile wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:08am:

And am I correct in assuming that Hubby doesn't have said password?

He knows the password but he also knows the conditions of unlocking that particular channel... I told Hubby it is only allowed to be unlocked when Son is at school, else he loses his sports package which includes ESPN Classics....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #465 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:03am

I just finished locking out all adult rated channels too... And hid them from view.... Gods, the listings look a LOT more child friendly and so much CLEANER now!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #466 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:44am

I'll bet! I've never understood the fascination with "watching."
I'd rather "do" than watch.... Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #467 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 3:41am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:44am:
I'll bet! I've never understood the fascination with "watching."
I'd rather "do" than watch.... Smiley

I only enjoy "watching" if it leads to "doing."  Otherwise, it seems completely pointless to me.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #468 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:17am

Smiley AR!

My legs, especially the left one, feel much better. But...
now my eyes are killing me. What DOES my body have against me these days!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #469 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:04am

It is still early for me but I am beat and cognitive functions are shutting down so I'm heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2011 at 3:26pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #470 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:40am

so pretty sure my roommate is an alcoholic, it runs in her family and i know that makes someone more prone to get it, her mother was almost an alcoholic, and shes been drinking alot this year and has gotten to the point where she has to drink a good amount to feel anything. She hasnt done it for a month or so now, we both had some khaluala and milk last night but just one glass a piece. Now its a sunday night 12:28 am to be exact she has a final at 10:30 am tommorrow and she just poured herself a glass of mostly khalula and barely any milk. Shes either self medicating her nervousness or drinking just because she can, niether of which are good. ive talked to her about it before but she justs jokes about her mom saying she was always one glass away from being an alcoholic and thats how she is too. i dont understand how someone who realizes her F*** buddy needs psychological help for his pathological need for attention and depression but thinks shes jst fine

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #471 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 10:16am

Sometimes one can see how others need help sometimes but they can't see that need in themselves. It's unfortunate but it does happen.  Smiley

Next question: Who in the dickens turned the heat off and turned on the AC outside??? YIKES it is COLD!! Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #472 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:22pm

Laundry load #1 is washed and in the dryer and washer load #2 is now underway.........

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #473 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:44pm

Laundry load #3 is in the washer and #2 is currently drying... Yeah, I'm on one of those "I HAVE to get the dirty clothes OUT of my way!" moods right now.

I'll be washing the bedclothes in a bit, comforters and blankets included!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #474 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:05pm

I just poked into the living room to see if there were any dirty clothes in there and my fuzzy, comfy eagle blanket is on the one chair... With a fluffy white tail sticking out from under it.

I guess Noelle's bum got cold and she crawled under the blanket to warm up. After a LOUD purr and some smooches, she snuggled under the blanket even more and gave me a look as if to say "Put it back DOWN please!" so I did.

She is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41
Send TopicPrint