Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 41091 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #525 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:22am

Morning everyone!

I did get a little sleep last night, although I was still flying high from getting Sanctuary's Fan Page launched... I laid in bed after CSI was over and was thinking of ideas to make it even better and more eye catching believe it or not! Yes, I take my work here at Sanctuary and promoting it very seriously. Cheesy

Today, Son has a doctor's appointment right after school (he's fine it's just a routine checkup) and then we'll be running errands afterwards. Christmas shopping:  Smiley

Time to get caught up and check my Fishdom tank and my SP Pets... I'm around for a little while! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #526 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 12:21pm

I'll be back later on... We need the phone line free. See y'all later. Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #527 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 3:45pm

Morning.
I'm awake.
The furnace guys arrived about half an hour ago.
It is 60 degrees outside and a cold front is coming.
I need tea....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #528 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 4:35pm

The cold front is through. The passage was short (less than 10 minutes) and violent. We had a couple of trees come down but they're in the woods and away from the houses so it isn't a problem. Still. Skywise and the adult cats were outside when it arrived. The boycats are in. Her Majesty elected to ride out the weather in one of her enclaves. She'll show up later.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #529 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 4:51pm

... It looks like the Warrior Princess just made her first kill. Moonie heard growling in her room. She thought it was the Queen but when I flipped on her overhead light, the only cats in the room were the kits and WP had a freshly killed mouse in her mouth!! We aren't sure how the mouse got in and we aren't positive that WP killed it but neither the SunLord nor the Prince are inclined to give up their kills and she and her sister were the only cats nearby so... we've got a baby hunting cat in the house.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #530 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 5:13pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 15th, 2011 at 4:35pm:
The cold front is through. The passage was short (less than 10 minutes) and violent. We had a couple of trees come down but they're in the woods and away from the houses so it isn't a problem. Still. Skywise and the adult cats were outside when it arrived. The boycats are in. Her Majesty elected to ride out the weather in one of her enclaves. She'll show up later.

It was 60 degrees when the front went through. It's now 55. I am SO glad that the rain was outta here by this morning. We had about 2 inches, by the way.

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #531 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:09pm

well feeling a little better, had myself so stressed over finals i broke out in hives, but ive already gotten some of my grades back and i have 4 A's so far, and going into my anatomy exam tommorrow i have a B if i get a 81 on the test i can keep the B which would be awesome cuz i have no idea what my capstone grade is cz the majority of our grade relies on the final i took yesterday and our term paper. And the way my classes are this year i need A's in all of them if i get a C in anatomy or ill loose my 3.5 gpa and a scholarship. So wish me luck i could use a B in this class >.<

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #532 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 6:28pm

Smiley LUCK, hon!

It is now 53 degrees, it sounds like the installation is nearly done and if it is, we'll be running into town for some lunch. Skywise doesn't leave until 3 so we should have time for that at least.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #533 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 8:34pm

It's now 45 degrees, the rain is far to the east and it is cloudy and gloomy but seasonable.

We did get into town. We had just enough time for lunch but that was okay.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #534 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 9:54pm

Smiley

Good grief, town is CRAZY!! I never thought we'd get out of the one grocery store... Between people shoving each other, blocking aisles and then running into people we knew, it felt like I had just ran the gauntlet by the time we got out of there!! Smiley Just to think our town has only 8,000 residents and then about another 6000 in the surrounding areas!! I do NOT want to be in Halifax right now!!!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #535 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:54pm

So I must, must, must share a picture of my very, very, very sexy hubby.  It's totally appropriate, but when you're married to something like this, you just have to show it off LOL

JeremySexy.jpg ( 519 KB | Downloads )
JeremySexy.jpg

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #536 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm

My internet (or computer or both) are giving me hell today so I might be taking a break from online stuff for a bit.
If anyone needs to get in touch with me email or facebook are the best ways.

*kicks internet*
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2011 at 11:47pm by Sitalique »  

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #537 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 7:09am

I have spent all day and all evening going to the mat with Pages (word processing software for the Mac) and the software has been winning. Smiley Now that he's home, Skywise has located the PDF of the Users Manual and put it where I can actually find it.
So I will read it and try again to get the software to do what I want it to do which is NOT unreasonable!  Since my eyes are crossed and my brain is fried, I'm going to head out and get some sleep.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #538 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 10:49am

Morning! TGIF!! Cheesy

Today is Son's last day of school before the Holiday break. He isn't happy about it but he'll be fine. We're planning day trips and plenty of other stuff to keep him happy and BUSY!! Cheesy It's now the start of the zaniness of the Holiday season for me... I'm just hoping we don't get any more ermines in the bathroom like we did last year this time!! (long story!) If we do, I just hope it happens on a day that Hubby is HOME!!

I'm not sure what's on the agenda for the day with Hubby and I. He did mention the words "Christmas Shopping" yesterday but when I asked him a few minutes ago, he said he wasn't sure. I'll be around for either part of the day or the majority of it, it all depends on what Hubby decides. He's pretty tired from all of the running around so we may just go to the corner store for milk and leave the shopping until next week. (He works dayshift both Sat. and Sun.) Whatever... Roll Eyes

I'm around for a while at least. Time to check the SP Pets and get things ready for Son's last day before the break starts!!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #539 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 6:46pm

Smiley

We're home.... After three and a half hours of fighting the crowds in town we managed to get some of our gifts purchased. And the best news? I got something for my MOTHER, who is one of the most difficult people on my list to buy for!! Thanks to a quick idea and a very quick call to my sister while we were out, I actually got Mom something she can use!!

I'm pooped but all the running around was worth it! I even got Hubby a couple of things, one he doesn't know about and a few things for Son!

Slowly, we are getting done, step by step!!  Smiley

I'm around if anyone needs me... Now to get caught up with everything again!! Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #540 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 7:29pm

I'm here too. We got back a while ago but I've been too busy to post!  I FINALLY have some fresh iced tea to go with a brownie from Chick-fil-A. All the window decorations that we can put up this year are up. I'm hoping we can do more next year when the kits should be over the "everything is a TOY! WHEEEEEEEE!" stage! I'm gonna veg a bit and eat this brownie while I get caught up on things.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #541 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 9:50pm

Skywise was no sooner out the door than Moonie (who had been cleaning the litter boxes) announced that the Prince was showing symptoms of a UTI.  Smiley I called the vet's office immediately and was able to get him an appointment for tomorrow at 12:30 (first that they had) then, since Skywise didn't have his cell turned on, I called Operations at the Post Office and left a message. Skywise called back and I told him what had prompted me to call the vet and he agreed.
Right now, the little boycat is downstairs resting in the deskchair for the computer. It's cool, dark and quiet down there so he's as comfortable as we can make him until we can get his little posterior shot full of antibiotics.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #542 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 10:07pm

Smiley For all of you and love to the Prince, the poor baby boy! Sad Seeing an animal friend ill is worrysome, they are members of the family after all.

I just got loved up by a fluffy white kitteh. I'm cooking supper and Noelle is a mooch, need I say more??? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #543 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 10:18pm

Nope, you don't! 
The kits got a taste of mozzarella cheese a few weeks ago while Moonie was shredding up a block of it and now whenever I'm making the pizzas or she's shredding more cheese, they are in the kitchen begging for more.

The Prince is upstairs and is getting a long drink. It might make him uncomfortable but keeping his urine as dilute as possible will help. I wish I could treat his UTI we do ours when we get them....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #544 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 10:33pm

The poor baby boy kitteh. Sad Sending lots of love his way, he's so precious.

*giggling* Yeah, one taste is enough to get kitties hooked on nummy food sometimes... Noelle and hot pepperoni is a case in point. I never thought she'd eat it and now if Hubby brings it in the house, I swear that cat DANCES!! Same if I open a can of tuna... Just to think, Noelle was the most FINICKY out of Nanny's cats before we adopted her. We must have corrupted her furry widdle brain or something.... Cheesy

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #545 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 11:28pm

Oh, he owes me big time for this one...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #546 - Dec 16th, 2011 at 11:54pm

Do tell!

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #547 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:04am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 16th, 2011 at 11:54pm:
Do tell!

It's actually nothing really huge LOL  I'm a homebody.  I'm content to stay at home all the time.  But he's not.  He's very, very social, and likes to have lots and lots of people around.  So in the spirit of compromise, tonight, we're crashing at a friend's house, even though I'd very much rather be at home in my own bed.

So yup, he owes me for this one... especially since I'm sitting off to the side of the room avoiding looking at the TV screen while he plays certain video games that have been known to set off my epilepsy... completely and totally boring for me... but he'll make it up to me tomorrow Wink

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #548 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:09am

Yep. He owes you.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #549 - Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:27am

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 17th, 2011 at 1:09am:
Yep. He owes you.

Definitely.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41
Send TopicPrint