Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 40997 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #575 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 4:54pm

Noelle likes puff pastry... Wrapped around a chicken filling that is. Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #576 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 7:32pm

Afternoon.
We're home finally. I'm going to have tea and get caught up.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #577 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Computer chair fixed means back to getting dive bombed by cats.......... Roll Eyes

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #578 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 9:33pm

Son is wanting to open the gift Dad brought over for him last night... Dad said he can't open it until Christmas day though.

Looks like I'm going to have to hide it, somewhere that little man can NOT find it!!

Son has also been saying "Merry Christmas" and "Happy Holidays" to me all day long... *FACE PALM* I'm going to be SO SICK of hearing it by the time January rolls around!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #579 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 9:45pm

Smiley VE

I walked into my dance/exercise area (which is curtained off) to be greeted by the sight of broken glass EVERYWHERE. I'd had a table lamp (not plugged in) sitting on the floor and at some point, probably while roughhousing with the kittehs, the SunLord knocked it over, breaking the bulb and sending broken glass flying everywhere.  It took about half an hour to pick up the big pieces and vacuum up the rest.
I think that it will be a while and several more vacuumings before I dance barefoot down there....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #580 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 10:07pm

*FACE PALM*

Cats are fun but sometimes they don't realize that some stuff CAN break... They're like a bunch of hyper children I swear!!

Gotta love them though! LOL

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #581 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 11:15pm

I got the wood I need to fix the lamp so it can NOT be knocked over today, naturally. Skywise was able to get what was left of the bulb out of the lamp so when I DO get it fixed so it can't be knocked over, I'll be able to set it up and use it.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #582 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 3:13am

I got my hair brushed tonight  Grin  I've never in my life had a guy want to brush my hair, but tonight, my husband did.  It felt so good.  Of course, what he decided to do AFTER brushing my hair felt even better...

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #583 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 3:22am

aranarose wrote on Dec 19th, 2011 at 3:13am:
I got my hair brushed tonight  Grin  I've never in my life had a guy want to brush my hair, but tonight, my husband did.  It felt so good.  Of course, what he decided to do AFTER brushing my hair felt even better...

I would imagine that it did!!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #584 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 6:13am

Smiley I'm beat and heading out.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #585 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 2:59pm

Morning.
Skywise called the furnace company a little while ago. The furnace at the Guest House needs some adjustment. The smell of propane in the "exhaust" is unacceptably strong. They will be out this afternoon so it looks like we'll be stuck here all day which means that WD's package won't get mailed and my shopping won't get done. NOT terribly happy about that but it has got to be taken care of. Aside from the possible dangers, propane is too expensive to waste!
I need tea.......

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #586 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 3:46pm

I am in the mood for some Dark Shadows.
Why doesn't anyone show the reruns of it anymore? Sad

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #587 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 5:30pm

I have no idea, Sita. Maybe the movie that is coming out will spark interest in the original. If it doesn't, I'm gonna have to start buying DVDs....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #588 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 11:09pm

Smiley

Evening everyone!

We spent the day in Dartmouth (Halifax's sister city on the eastern side of Halifax Harbor) doing CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!  Smiley Our town is NUTS this time of year, mulitply the amount of people in our area by 20 and you have Halifax/Dartmouth!!  Smiley

Anyway, it was productive, we got into Toys R Us for the first time and my son went NUTS!! He had a blast in there looking at all of the toys and books!! We also picked up some cool stuff for mostly everyone else on our list (minus my youngest BIL that is) and even some cool stuff for ourselves. I got NINE second hand Nora Roberts books dirt cheap and even a brand new CSI novel to read!! Cheesy Looks like I won't be hitting the second hand book shops for another 5 days or so... Tongue Hubby got a BEAUTIFUL Leafs sweater with his birthday money and Son got a set of books to read now as a reward for a job well done in school and for being good while we were shopping today.

I'm exhausted but I had fun and I'm glad we went. I just hope the next time we hit the twin cities, it is NOT the holiday season cause it is BONKERS in there!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #589 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 11:26pm

Yes, Skywise and I were regulars at Toys R Us even before we had kids (Can you say "Star Wars" geeks? Of course you can!) One of our stops every Saturday is TRU, even if we don't buy anything!

And I am STILL WAITING!  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #590 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 11:54pm

Star Wars:  Smiley

The TRU store in MMM (one of the largest shopping centres in eastern Canada) isn't very big and it was pretty much cleaned out of a LOT of stuff today (sales, etc) but it was still a cool place to be in at least. We will definitely be going back, that's for sure!

Son LOVED the escalators in the mall (it has three levels, which is BIG for our province!) and he wanted to ride them instead of actually shopping. Roll Eyes Nothing out here is big enough to have escalators so it was a novelty to him and something new.

By the way, the "New Age" section in the larger book store chain in our area STINKS... It's mostly "dreams" stuff and what spell books they DO have, I already have in my collection!! I was NOT impressed! I said something VERY derogatory about their "New Age" section and Hubby said he knew I'd say something like that... Looks like I'll have to go looking for any Pagan bookshops/supply stores in the HRM via Google... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #591 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:18am

Yeah, neither of the Barnes & Noble stores we go to has a "New Age" section worth the name. I get pretty much everything of that sort online now JUST because I can't find it in the stores and half the time, I don't even know that it exists until it turns up in my Amazon recommendations!  I suspect that a noisy minority is responsible for the "Incredible Shrinking New Age" sections. There are a few Pagan stores around but they keep such a low profile it is hard to find them if you aren't "plugged into" the local Pagan network -- which I am not. I really don't need someone who does NOT know me turning up their nose at my selections. Just because I want a book of "less than white" magick does NOT mean that I plan to hex someone into an early grave. A well educated "magick worker" needs to know what is possible and how it is done, not because they intend to use it but because they may have to defend against it.
But try telling that to a "White Light is all the protection you need" fluffy bunny!*

*No insult to self respecting rabbits is intended or should be inferred!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #592 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 12:53am

I AM STILL WAITING for the furnace service man to show up.  Smiley In another 10 - 15 minutes or so I am going to walk up to the Guest House -- IN THE RAIN! -- and turn off the lights and lock the doors. Then I'm gonna call Skywise and tell him the guy never showed. HE can "go supervisor" on the dispatcher in the morning.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #593 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 1:29am

Guest House is closed up.
Skywise has been called.
He is NOT a happy man. Someone is gonna be on the receiving end of "supervisor mode" tomorrow. This Smiley of waiting all day and into the night for someone to show is for the birds, to be polite about it.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #594 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 1:50am

Smiley Smiley Another day shot. The Danger Princess is limping and when I examined it, she squeaked when I hit on one joint.
Sooo.... we'll be trying to get her into the vet tomorrow which will probably involve taking her over and waiting so they can squeeze her in.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #595 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 2:19am

We've consulted the vet books we have and it "sounds" like she's sprained/strained it somehow. Given the way she tears around here (like her tail was on fire!) that isn't surprising. But.. she will go to the vet tomorrow anyway, just to be sure.
At this rate, I'm gonna be lucky to get Skywise's Christmas present by New Year's Eve.....

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #596 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 5:01am

She slept for a couple of hours and is moving around now. She's still favoring the leg but she doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain. She's eaten, used the litter box and has now hauled herself up onto the sofa and is curling up in a box that provides a nice "den" feeling.  She's alert and there is no swelling or discoloration around the tender area. Hoping that it is just a strain.

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #597 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 5:59am

So I am very, very spoiled LOL

Last month, I bought J a new phone.  He tends to text and talk a lot more than I do; I'm an internet geek.

I decided last week that I was going to start doing readings again, and J decided that I need a phone of my own.

So today, he went out and added a new line to my Verizon account, with a new Pantech Breakout, which has the newest Android version on it, two cameras, and all sorts of goodness.

Love that man Smiley

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #598 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 7:43am

Yes, hon. You're spoiled. Enjoy it.

I think Danger Princess is walking a little better. We'll see how she is in the morning.

Skywise just called. He's about 10 minutes away and incoming so I'm going to head out. I wanted a nap SOOOO bad this afternoon but I couldn't take one because I was waiting for that Smiley furnace man to show up! Consequently, my cognitive functions are just about shut down.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #599 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:35pm

I didn't manage to fall asleep until after 5:00 a.m., and then I woke up not long after 8:00 a.m.  So annoyed right now...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
Send TopicPrint