Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 41023 times)
Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #600 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:47pm

Morning.
We're on our way out the door.
The Princess is doing better today so we're going to hold off on the vet and watch her today. It's very likely that she just strained a muscle or overstressed a joint and that sort of thing will heal on its own without medical attention. Now if she was still limping as badly as she was last night, it would be another story.
Anyway, hoping to get the last of the shopping done today.Catch ya later.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #601 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:56pm

Hi everyone!

Penth,  Smiley!!!!!! Hopefully the baby's leg is okay and it heals on its own without a lot of pain! That poor kitty! Sad

Most of the pagans in my area don't believe in combining Christianity with witchcraft like I do and most of the ones I know are "light" followers so yeah, that idea is shot for me too. Sad There is nothing wrong with following the light in my mind, but like Penth, I firmly believe in having at least some knowledge of the "shadows" just in case of a worst case scenario! It doesn't hurt to be prepared after all! Knowledge IS power in my mind!

Today, Hubby will be scouring the grocery stores for some things I need to do the Christmas baking and to make Christmas dinner. I have most of what I need now but we forgot a few things when we were shopping on Friday and I want to have it all at home NOW so I can work on the baking over a few days instead of jamming it all into a day or two! I'll be making 2 pies, some of my mother's recipe for home made chocolate chip cookies, along with anything else in my cookbooks that look tasty! Saturday will see me making a half batch of my mom's recipe for stuffing  Smiley and getting things prepared for Christmas dinner on Sunday. I'm going to be SO DEAD by the time Boxing Day rolls around!!  Smiley

I'm around for the majority of the day, if anyone needs me. I'll be sneaking in some housework here and there but I will be around!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #602 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:57pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
Morning.
We're on our way out the door.
The Princess is doing better today so we're going to hold off on the vet and watch her today. It's very likely that she just strained a muscle or overstressed a joint and that sort of thing will heal on its own without medical attention. Now if she was still limping as badly as she was last night, it would be another story.
Anyway, hoping to get the last of the shopping done today.Catch ya later.

I'm here so no worries! See you later and hopefully you survive the holiday crowds!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #603 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 4:52pm

Change of plans: I'm not making pies for Christmas... I'm making CHEESECAKE!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #604 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 6:18pm

We're back.
Shopping is DONE!
Skywise has another present coming that I'm hoping will get here before THE DAY.
He's wrapping presents now. I'll be wrapping later. Right now, I need tea and to relax. It has been a Smiley of a week so far and it's only TUESDAY! Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #605 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 8:52pm

Um... I'm in trouble tonight... LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #606 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 9:14pm

aranarose wrote on Dec 20th, 2011 at 8:52pm:
Um... I'm in trouble tonight... LOL

Good "trouble" or bad "trouble"?

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #607 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 10:27pm

Hubby was just razzing the dickens out of me and wound up getting an (gentle) elbow to the tummy for his efforts... Heh...  Smiley

Wonder if he'd like it if I coated him with CATNIP sometime? If he thinks Noelle drives him nuts now, he'll find out how crazy she can REALLY get if I did that............  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #608 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 12:57am

It is good.
The present I ordered for Skywise through Amazon has departed Louisville, KY and, according to USPS's tracking site, should arrive here tomorrow.

It will NOT be necessary to shoot anyone in the vendor/seller's shipping department. (I placed the order on the 17th but it wasn't shipped until yesterday even though I got the "Your Package has been shipped!) email ON the 17th!)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #609 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 1:30am

Dishwasher is running.
Tomorrow... I start baking. I think I'll begin with a double batch of old fashioned brownies.
Old fashioned in that the recipe is from a cookbook published in the late 60's/70's before they started "re-doing" everything so it was "healthy."
(Thank the Gods I still remember the original formula for Oreo Cookie filling!)

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #610 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:37am

Danger Princess is asleep on Moonie's bed. She was feeling better this afternoon and overdid it and she started limping again. Since taking her afternoon snooze she has showed more sense and hasn't been romping. She only gets up to eat and use the litter box.  Earlier tonight, Moonie spotted the Prince licking her on the head. Awwww.......

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #611 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 6:58am

Skywise is home, dinner is done and I'm heading out. Skywise will be leaving earlier than he has been so I won't be able to sleep as late as I have been.

Everyone sleep well, be safe and Happy Yule! Smiley Smiley

Post # 22,900
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2011 at 6:59am by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #612 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 1:26pm

Blessed Yule everyone! Cheesy

It's a chilly but sunny day here in my end of the world... BUT the temp is supposed to go above freezing... HEAT WAVE! Tongue

Hubby is at work, Son is watching TV and I'm getting caught up. I'll be around most of the day today, in between housework that is. I'm considering digging out the cookbooks and getting a jump start on the baking today too... Notably homemade chocolate chip cookies, which are my favorite! Cheesy

The tree is still standing... SHOCKER!! Shocked I really thought Noelle would have climbed it at least ONCE by now!!

Anyway I'm here and getting caught up if anyone needs me. Time for another coffee before I dive into the housework and baking! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #613 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 1:49pm

I now have a 15 lb cat sitting on top of the monitor... SO GLAD my monitor is one of the huge, ultra heavy ones from about 6 years ago, because a new, space saving one would NOT hold Amber at all!!  Smiley

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #614 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:14pm

fluffy doesnt go near the desk top bt if im sitting on the couch with my laptop she doesnt hesitate to lay on my hands and keyboard so alls i can do is sit there and stare at the screen and loose the feeling in my fingers

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #615 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:54pm

SooleawaSoyala wrote on Dec 21st, 2011 at 4:14pm:
fluffy doesnt go near the desk top bt if im sitting on the couch with my laptop she doesnt hesitate to lay on my hands and keyboard so alls i can do is sit there and stare at the screen and loose the feeling in my fingers

Typical cat... "Pay attention to ME, not the computer!" Amber will NOT leave the desktop alone, I have so many pics of her sitting on top of the monitor and I've caught her sitting on my keyboard going after stuff several times over the 20 months she's resided here. Noelle had the habit of driving me NUTS when I was trying to use any computer while we were still living with Nanny but now she's just content to lay on top of the tower or on my lap which does impede my typing..... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SooleawaSoyala

Reply #616 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:19pm

haha its just pay attention to me in general, this morning fluffy came up to my bed and pulled my comforter off, then clawed at the side of the mattress until i sat up and looked at her. then she meowed and sasheyed out the room

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #617 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:35pm

LOL Yeah. The Queen was walking on my face this morning which is okay except that she nearly stepped on my eye. I'm going to have to start wearing a sleep mask again -- a heavy one!

Danger Princess is up and about this morning but she's not being as rambunctious as usual. I think she may have gotten it through her little fuzzy head that she needs to slow down a bit while her leg heals.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #618 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 5:43pm

It's a rare thing that the cats are allowed into our bedroom.... Amber has the habit of laying right on someone's chest or legs and since she's 15 pounds, she can feel like a TONNE in one heck of a hurry! However, I do let her come upstairs with me if I'm napping by myself, just to give her some private time with me. Noelle has claimed me as "hers" and is always on my lap while I'm watching TV so Amber claims Hubby's lap and shoots Noelle dirty looks!

Amber is snoozing on top of my one winter jacket and Noelle is snoozing on the windowsill in the bathroom... That faces south and it's right over the heater, so it's a nice warm, quiet spot to lay for her.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #619 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 6:35pm

The SunLord is getting acquainted with the concept of "rolled up newspaper." First he started getting too familiar with the Queen's hindquarters -- SHE took care of THAT -- then he started in with the Prince, cornering him in the bathroom and once I broke that up, cornering him in the living room.
I will be SO glad when the kits are spayed.....

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #620 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 8:38pm

Oh what a day.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #621 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 8:42pm

Having done some research and some quick calculations, I've discovered that the Princesses could go into heat before the vet wants to do their spaying surgery -- as in any day. Smiley The SunLord's behavior "could" be a sign that they are close. Contingency plans would involve relocating them to the Guest House with a human for company for the duration of their heat. At least there is heat up there now although there is no internet access.
Is it any wonder I have a headache.....

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #622 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 8:56pm

Great, Penth, just what you needed! *FACE PALM*

Up here, our vets charge a LOT more if a cat goes into heat before they're fixed... Seriously. And if she has had even one litter of kittens? Even MORE.

Noelle and Amber were fixed before they had their first heat, thank the gods, but Birdie wasn't... And that was quite the experience. The cat HOWLED all day long and drove us all NUTS! Smiley The worst of it is, her adopted "sister" Pookie (same age and adopted 2 weeks after we got Birdie) was in heat at the same time!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #623 - Dec 21st, 2011 at 9:20pm

No kidding!
The young lady who gave them to us couldn't tell us how old they were/when they were born. All we could be sure of was that they were weaned and had a full set of baby teeth so we made a guess at their age. Thing is if they are as little as a couple of weeks older than we guessed, they could go into heat sooner than anyone suspects.

The reason why it is more expensive to spay a female after she has had a heat period or kittens is because the surgery is more complicated. Going into heat, pregnancy and delivery increases the blood flow to the uterus which means more and larger blood vessels to tie off which is why vets want you to have your females spayed as young as possible. The only thing holding us up at the moment is the need for them to have their second round of baby shots and then for the immunity to develop which I hope develops FAST!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #624 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 6:33am

Skywise is home and I'm heading out. Thursday is gonna be "labor intensive" and I needz my sleepies.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41
Send TopicPrint