Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla! (Read 40977 times)
Veridian Etoile
God Member

Re: What’s Happenin’? XIV:  Postzilla!
Reply #625 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:58pm

Hi everyone!

The holiday zaniness has started here.... I'll be wrapping gifts, cleaning (not an over amount to do, thank the gods!) and baking a lot between visits, phone calls and other things between now and Sunday! I AM around for a while today, until my BIL and his girlfriend get here that is! They're coming over to exchange gifts and since I haven't had the time to wrap theirs yet... Cheesy OOPS....

Son isn't happy that he'll be helping me but we'll do it in shifts... We'll clean for a bit, let him play while I do things in here and other spots, back to cleaning and so on. I find if I get him to help me for more than 20 minutes at a stretch, he has a meltdown, so it's best to break things up and get him to help me in a FUN and silly way. Since he likes to play "toy basketball" (tossing toys at a clothes basket to see if we can get them in), that works wonders AND gets his toys up OFF of the floor!

Tomorrow is "bake day" here, I'll be making a quadruple batch of my mom's recipe for chocolate chip cookies... I just wish I lived closer to our members here because I'd gladly share them with everyone!

Anyway, time to finish getting caught up and to start another cleaning shift with Son shortly..... I'm around if anyone needs me! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #626 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 4:42pm

Morning!
Appearances to the contrary, I just got here. We went into town and just walked in the door to find the computer on. I'd checked in before we left and just put the computer to sleep without closing the browser. Apparently the Daughters of Chaos decided to check on things while we were gone.
Thank the Gods they didn't find the Amazon.com bookmark......

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #627 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 5:38pm

Just a few more Christmas presents to buy.  But those have to wait until tomorrow, because of course, I don't get paid until tomorrow, and we spent all of J's check Monday on Christmas presents LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #628 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 6:33pm

The last present I was expecting arrived today. NOW to get the last presents wrapped BEFORE Saturday night! Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #629 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 6:52pm

Penthesilea wrote on Dec 22nd, 2011 at 6:33pm:
The last present I was expecting arrived today. NOW to get the last presents wrapped BEFORE Saturday night! Smiley

Hubs and I couldn't wait, so we already exchanged gifts LOL Thus the reason I want to get him something else tomorrow for him to unwrap on Christmas day!

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #630 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 2:29am

Pies made and some of the laundry done. Next up: Dinner.

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #631 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 6:26am

Skywse is home and I'm heading out. Busy day tomorrow!

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #632 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 12:49pm

Morning!

It is SNOWING here right now... The wet, heavy stuff that sticks to everything! There is hardly any wind but that could change. I'm just hoping the power and satellite stay ON... And hopefully I don't have to go out to clean off the dish at any time!

Hubby is working until 3 today and with this snow he may not be able to get the final things we need for wrapping up the holiday shopping today, he may have to do it tomorrow morning instead. *face palm* We'll just have to see how things go later this afternoon I guess. Roll Eyes

BIL and his girlfriend were here for a couple of hours yesterday and it was great to see them... Son was so excited, he kept running around and talking on top of his lungs!! Roll Eyes That's one less round of gifts to exchange before Saturday... Now all we have to do is exchange gifts with MIL and youngest BIL, and Hubby's one uncle then we're done until my crew visits probably after the new year.

Today, I'm planning on baking... My mom's recipe for chocolate chip cookies (my FAVORITE!!) and I may even whip up a quick batch of peanut butter cookies because Son asked for them. I will be around if the power and dial up connection holds... So if anyone messages me and I don't reply right away, y'all know I'm busy with the cookies. Tongue

Time to quickly get caught up and get another coffee in me!! Cheesy

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #633 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 2:26pm

Batch #1 of cookies is in the oven and I think I made them a LITTLE too big... Six on a sheet kinda meshed together into one big cookie!! Shocked OOPS!! Cheesy

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #634 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 2:46pm

First round of scraping some heavy wet snow off the satellite dish complete......................

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #635 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 3:50pm

The last few cookies are in the oven NOW... Thank the gods!! After they're done, I'll be soaking everything that has chocolate sticking to it and cleaning up....

Yeah, I made a LOT of cookies, so we have plenty for all of us... They go pretty fast in this house! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #636 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 5:12pm

Afternoon! We're back! Smiley
We got in and out before it got TOO crazy in town. We also ran into the girls' first Special Ed teacher in the grocery store. I almost didn't recognize her. It's been ten years, more or less since we last ran into each other and she was a blonde then. Today, she had a head of hair as red as mine!  It was good to see her. Without her, the girls wouldn't have come as far as they did as fast as they did.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #637 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 7:49pm

The cats are not happy with me right now.. I've been digging into the clementines Hubby brought home yesterday... Cheesy (Cats HATE the smell of citrus!)

IP Logged

Sitalique

Watching from the shadows

Reply #638 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 9:37pm

My cats love citrus.

One of my favorite Wonder Pets is on! Love the stories with the rat pack, the beetles, etc.

Always wandering, only sometimes lost
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #639 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 9:43pm

Wonder Pets?? Shocked

*RUNS AWAY SCREAMING!!*  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #640 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 12:01am

*Looks around.* Looks like she kept right on going! Nite, hon!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #641 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 6:13am

Skywise is home and I am Smiley so I'm gonna take my sleepy little self to bed.

Everyone sleep well and be safe. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #642 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 2:20pm

Christmas Eve is here and believe it or not, I'm just about DONE the preparations for it!  Smiley The only things left on my list right now is getting the cheesecakes and a batch of my mom's stuffing ready for Christmas dinner and those won't take that long to do! I'll be doing those later, after Hubby goes to work... It's a short shift tonight, the company is letting the station close at 9 instead of at midnight like they normally do. I'm hoping Son decides he wants to go to bed early so we can do our final preparations for Christmas pretty much right after Hubby gets home this evening. (read: put the presents under the tree!)

I will be around as much as I can be even with the zaniness over here today! Tomorrow, I won't be around so much due to the holiday but I do hope to be in at some point! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #643 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 4:08pm

Morning!

I'm here too! Skywise and I decided that Greenwood on Saturday was bad enough. Greenwood on Saturday that is also Christmas Eve was NOT something we cared to tackle, so we're staying in this morning. Skywise works this evening but that's okay as long as he's home for Christmas!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #644 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 5:28pm

We're going to run into town for some lunch, Be  back in a while!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #645 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 5:45pm

Enjoy your lunch Penth! I'll be here so no worries! Cheesy

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #646 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 6:46pm

We're back and I'm about to put some Christmas music on. What they had playing at the Arby's nearly spoiled my lunch!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #647 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 7:24pm

I generally don't listen to Christmas music... Willingly... Unless it's "Electric Christmas" they have on Q104 out of Halifax. They play some REALLY weird, disgusting and funny stuff on that..... Stuff I can't share here on the main boards... Or with anyone who has a weak stomach.................  Smiley

The cheese cake crust is now firming up/cooling down in the fridge and I'm soon going to tackle the filling for it. After that's done, I'll get started on the stuffing. AFTER I get some toast or a few more clementines into me that is, I'm hungry and supper is going to be VERY late tonight!

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #648 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 7:47pm

Most of what I listen to is instrumental, except for my Josh Groban Christmas album.
Of course, I would listen to him singing the phone book.
In Italian. Or Latin. Or any other language he might care to use!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #649 - Dec 24th, 2011 at 8:04pm

That's the way I feel about Scott Stapp's voice... He could sing me anything in any language and I'd be a happy girl... Cheesy But he doesn't have a Christmas album out, neither does Creed. So I'll just be happy listening to Creed's albums on my Media Player I guess. Son is watching TV and he does NOT like the Yuletide fireplace they have on one of the channels for the holidays... It's basically video of a fireplace with Christmas music playing. It's pretty darn boring so I do NOT blame him one bit! Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41
Send TopicPrint