Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post (Read 31504 times)
Deirachel
Forum Administrator

Ego eo

Re: What’s Happenin’? XV: Gone with the Post
Reply #575 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:32am

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 2nd, 2012 at 5:22pm:
So, you have something against polyamory, D? Smiley

Only when it's without the participant's knowledge or consent.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:32am by Deirachel »  
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #576 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 10:57am

D:  Smiley!!!

Morning everyone! I've been in for a while but busy catching up and helping a dear friend, as y'all can see....

Hubby is at work, Son is about to get ready to go to school and I am hoping to dive into Untitled #7 today and get at least SOME new material added to it! This is the FIRST full day I've had in WEEKS to do any writing so I'm kinda chomping at my monitor to have a few hours of uninterrupted peace and quiet for a change!!

I'm around for a while... IF I find that things online are too distracting, I'll head out to write and will be back when Son gets home from school.

I just hope there isn't TOO much furry insanity (care of the cats) for me to write today............................

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

Smiley Music is essential to life. ~Me~ Smiley

I'm sunny natured with a side of EVIL...

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #577 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 11:30am

Word is OPEN and I'm trying to see what part "gels" for working on today............

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing. ~Me~

IP Logged

Ravens Tears
God Member

Reply #578 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 11:32am

Morning VE.  It's an in-service day here so no school.  So everyone is home.  Normally this would be a good thing as this weekend is the Lieutenant Governor's Festival here with all the pavilions.  But, I have not gotten any sleep since my nap yesterday as the Bloke is snoring like a buzz-saw and I couldn't get him to stop.  This is the third night this week....  At least they don't open today until after 6 so I have a chance to get some sleep but I think that man better be getting to a Dr for some options or I'll be camping out on the couch :| 

I had my Dr's appt yesterday.  Everything came back normal pretty much except cholesterol and sugars.  So, my pills have been doubled and I have to visit the vampires on a weekly basis. 

Anyways, thanks for letting me vent.. I'm going to take my pills and try to get some sleep...  Everyone take care and type at you soon ((hugs))

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #579 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 11:43am

Smiley RT! I hope you get some sleep today! Drat about your cholesterol and blood sugar level, I hope they go back to normal very soon!

I've got the MMLTG file open right now but that's not exactly working for me at the moment, I may try to continue on from where I left off in the Main Manuscript file or try to get the base of Chapters 2 and 3 added to today.... Gotta see what "works" I guess, I don't want to force it!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #580 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 12:25pm

What I'm doing now is a cut/paste of the "Base" of Chapters 2 and 3 into another word document and I will be reorganizing them into an order that flows more smoothly and will allow me to actually ADD to it..... This is going to take a while!! If I don't reply right away, y'all know WHY.... Tongue

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #581 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 12:42pm

Idea #1 on how to add to the "base" is forming....

ETA: On that note, I'm heading out for a while so I don't have any distractions... I'll be back in a few hours!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2012 at 12:44pm by Veridian Etoile »  

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #582 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 3:17pm

Uni, seriously, you're killing me here.

SLOW THE FREAK DOWN.  Cannot handle the speed at which things are happening.  Really can't.

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #583 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 5:29pm

Smiley AR. Uni seems to be taking the maxim "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger" way too seriously! You do NOT need to be transformed into SuperGirl or Wonder Woman by next Tuesday!

We're back from our payday shopping. Smiley I am unhappy because Skywise has to work Saturday which does make sense since it is the last day of operations at the alternate site. It will mean a nice check but I don't have to be happy about another short weekend.  Smiley

I'm happy 'cause after (literally) two decades of searching the late '80s reboot of Mission: Impossible is available on DVD. Moonie found the '88/89 season in Walmart today and a quick rampage through  Amazon yielded the information that the second season ('89) will go on sale on the 28th, so by the first part of March, I should have them both.  Smiley Yes, Iz happy.....

Post # 23,700
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:05pm by Penthesilea »  

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #584 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:05pm

MAMMOTH  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley AR!!!

I'm back... Brain is mooshy but it's mooshy in a GOOD way...  Smiley I'll explain in my PG Writings thread shortly.........  Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #585 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:06pm

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 5:29pm:
Smiley AR. Uni seems to be taking the maxim "That which does not kill you, makes you stronger" way too seriously! You do NOT need to be transformed into SuperGirl or Wonder Woman by next Tuesday!

Well, apparently, Uni thinks I do...

Ugh...

So... long story short... we've been fighting and fighting and fighting and fighting for the last few weeks.  We're broke, which makes things stressful, but worse than that, his aunt, who we moved in with to help her out, is the most cold-hearted, nasty, spiteful, mean, whiniest person I have ever met.

Every single time we even start to try to talk things out, she has to butt in, which pisses him off, making things much worse, and we just end up fighting even more.

Things came to a head the other day, when he and I were arguing.  If she'd stayed out of it, we'd have talked it out.  We know this, because when she does manage to stay out of it, he calms down and we talk it out.

It got to the point that he called his brother to come pick him up.  He took his computer, his phone, and said he didn't know if he'd ever be back.

We texted back and forth the rest of the day.  Mostly him being in a pissy mood and saying he couldn't handle the fighting anymore, blah, blah, blah... as if the fighting is my favorite thing in the world to do...

Anyway... it was at that point that I said OK, here's how it is.  I don't want a divorce (and yep, he threw that word out there a LOT...)  But I know things have to change.  So lets do a separation.  He'd stay living with his aunt, and I'd move in with his sister, where I'd been living when we met, and where my son still lived.

He was okay with this solution.  It would give us time apart to figure out what we both really wanted, if we really wanted to stay married or go our separate ways.

One problem... His aunt decided she was kicking him out.  Not me, just him.  Banning him from the house.  Now, I did NOT want to stay living there without him.  I'd likely crack, and who knows what I'd do to they old psycho lady then...  I'd already made arrangements to move into the basement of sis-in-law's house, and already told hubby about it.

Trying to smooth things over, his brother took him back to old psycho's house, where I was waiting for him.  And said brother went off on old psycho, reminding her that hubs and I are the only two people in the world still willing to put up with her crap, because the entire rest of the family wants absolutely nothing to do with her, and everyone else that talks to her is just waiting for her to die so they can get her stuff.  He pointed out that we moved in with her because SHE needed the help, not because we did.

And she started screaming at him.  Which then pisses of hubs. You don't yell at the people he loves; he goes off.  So now brother and hubs are yelling, old psycho lady is screaming, and I'm sitting quietly in a corner trying not to stress myself into a seizure.

She threatens to call the police, at which point brother tells my hubs to get his stuff, he's dropping him off at sis's house.  Looks at me and asks if I'm coming, and so I grab my computer and purse, and rush out the door after them.

And here I am, moved back into sis-in-law's house.  Hubs is here too.  We're converting the basement into a bedroom for us, and we've talked and talked and talked and talked since then, figuring out that yes, we do want to stay married.  No, we do not want a separation.  Yes, our biggest stress has been living with an old lady who is delusional and forgets when we give her $500 a month for rent, pay the huge freaking cable bill, and keep gas in her car, leaving us totally broke and unable to even buy cigs for hubs.  Which of course adds to the stress when he starts going through nicotine withdrawal...

Sigh...

My separation lasted less than a day...

We've still got things to work out.  He's got MAJOR anger issues that came to a head this last week in ways that I'd rather not talk about right now.

I know what I should do about what he did, but I won't, because he's agreed that changes are going to be made starting with a counselor.  Appointment is already made, and he knows if he doesn't follow through, he's on the streets.  And that's from his sister, not me!

But even though we've only been here two nights, it's already better.

Living with his aunt, we'd try to talk, and sometimes we'd be upset when we were talking, because they were hard talks.  That doesn't mean we were arguing, just upset.  But she'd huff and puff and start to butt in.  Which would piss him off, like I said, making things worse, and turning what would have been a productive conversation into a blow out argument between him and his aunt, leaving me sitting back wondering how the hell to keep the peace.

But here, we can talk.  If we go down to our room and talk, or whatever, everyone leaves us alone.  So we can actually talk and get things figured out...

Sigh... Uni... seriously... SLOW DOWN lol  We've been together eight months, and already been pregnant, miscarried, got married, had two separations, both of which lasted less than a day (one lasted all of 45 minutes...)  I swear, Uni has compressed 20 years of marriage into 3 months... we've already hit the 7 year itch... ugh...

LOL

~Quantum frying pans fit anywhere - this is a lesson I'm am repeatedly put through.~&&~There are no surprises in life.  Just us closing our eyes to reality.~

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #586 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:27pm

Mother of Gods, AR!

WHAT DEITY DID YOU TWO PO?

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #587 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:30pm

Deirachel wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:32am:
Only when it's without the participant's knowledge or consent.

In that case, it isn't poly. It's plain, old, unvarnished and "unhip" cheating!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #588 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:45pm

Big  Smiley and LOTS of love AR!!! Hang in there!! Smiley

IP Logged

aranarose
God Member

Reply #589 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 8:05pm

Penthesilea wrote on Feb 3rd, 2012 at 6:27pm:
Mother of Gods, AR!

WHAT DEITY DID YOU TWO PO?

Um, I don't know... but when I figure it out, the appropriate sacrifices and offerings will be made...

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #590 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 8:47pm

I would think so!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #591 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 9:38pm

The writing high is finally starting to wear off.... Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #592 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 9:48pm

My eyes have started watering and I haven't DONE anything with them!

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #593 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 9:52pm

That would drive me nuts!! Sad

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #594 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 10:46pm

I got my second wind... I wonder how long THIS will last before my brain decides to short out on me again..........  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #595 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 11:31pm

Amber does love to chase the laser pointer's "dot"....  Smiley

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #596 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:19am

Ah, editing, I hate you, you necessary evil!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Penthesilea
Forum Administrator

Warrior Queen, DarkLady,
Phoenix, Ghostbuster

Reply #597 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:43am

I hear you, VE. But it is worth it when you find an embarrassing mistake that got by you the first time and YOU find it instead of an agent, publisher or editor.

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #598 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:49am

Agreed on that Penth! The amount of mistakes I've found in #7 so far is astronomical and it's not even 1/4 of the way finished yet!!! Shocked

IP Logged

Veridian Etoile
God Member

Reply #599 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:59am

I closed down Word for the night... Brain is too darn *MOOSHY* to do any more writing wise tonight.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41
Send TopicPrint